711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 410 of 433.
#20451 1 year ago

Anyone have an extra center apron decal by chance?

#20452 1 year ago

Im always a little disappointed when I hit the snake during coffin, knowing full well I deserve that 5th ball but wont get it.

xx828 (resized).jpgxx828 (resized).jpg
#20453 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I think you can add a ball to any of those multi balls… you just need to hit the lit stand up posts then hit the snake mouth.

+1 if you hit the 4 stand ups and then go into snake you add a ball for each multiball and start 2x scoring. If you have fuel ready you can hit that and get 4x going

#20454 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

+1 if you hit the 4 stand ups and then go into snake you add a ball for each multiball and start 2x scoring. If you have fuel ready you can hit that and get 4x going

am I incorrect in thinking that when you are playing coffin and get the add a ball it only does x2 with a ball save?

#20455 1 year ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

am I incorrect in thinking that when you are playing coffin and get the add a ball it only does x2 with a ball save?

You are right add a ball does 2X for the snake but you can add also fuel to any of them also and get 4x.

#20456 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I think you can add a ball to any of those multi balls… you just need to hit the lit stand up posts then hit the snake mouth.

Any except the coffin, yes..thats what i said. u can hit the post or snakes mouth for the first shot i think. I thought i usually just hit the snake's mouth twice to start add-a-ball

#20457 1 year ago

anyone installed trough lighting kit for apron? If so what color did you use thanks!

#20458 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

anyone installed trough lighting kit for apron? If so what color did you use thanks!

Yes. Cool white. I use cool white trough lighting on all of my games.

#20459 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I used purple, looks great

20221125_081538 (resized).jpg20221125_081538 (resized).jpg20221125_081549 (resized).jpg20221125_081549 (resized).jpg
#20460 1 year ago

I’m looking for this topper if anybody is moving on from a Metallica or looking to part with this topper. Thanks

77EE315C-71DF-40C8-AB69-3482CD89E279 (resized).png77EE315C-71DF-40C8-AB69-3482CD89E279 (resized).png
#20461 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I’m looking for this topper if anybody is moving on from a Metallica or looking to part with this topper. Thanks
[quoted image]

Never seen that one before.

#20462 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Never seen that one before.

It's made by Tilt Toppers. He does great work on his toppers at a great price, but communication could be better and you may have to wait months to get one.

I was lucky enough to get one from him. I bought it awhile back. I asked him about the topper and he did respond stating he was no longer producing the topper, but he did find the original mold so he would do one for me. It took a long time to get it and he finally emailed me stating it was being shipped the next day. Time went by and I asked him about the topper. He stated the girl who was doing the shipping at the time accidently dropped it and broke the Sparky head off. I told him to ship it to me and I would glue the head on myself, but he insisted on fixing the problem.

I finally received the topper and it looks great and very well made. If the owner could get his customer service inline, his business would boom because they are great looking toppers. I have toppers from him for my POTC, MET, IJ and Star Trek and my brother has one for his TSPP. Again, great work. If I didn't already have the Stern topper for IMDN, I would have DEFINITELY bought the one he made for it because it looks awesome. Check out his web site.

#20463 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

It's made by Tilt Toppers. He does great work on his toppers at a great price, but communication could be better and you may have to wait months to get one.
I was lucky enough to get one from him. I bought it awhile back. I asked him about the topper and he did respond stating he was no longer producing the topper, but he did find the original mold so he would do one for me. It took a long time to get it and he finally emailed me stating it was being shipped the next day. Time went by and I asked him about the topper. He stated the girl who was doing the shipping at the time accidently dropped it and broke the Sparky head off. I told him to ship it to me and I would glue the head on myself, but he insisted on fixing the problem.
I finally received the topper and it looks great and very well made. If the owner could get his customer service inline, his business would boom because they are great looking toppers. I have toppers from him for my POTC, MET, IJ and Star Trek and my brother has one for his TSPP. Again, great work. If I didn't already have the Stern topper for IMDN, I would have DEFINITELY bought the one he made for it because it looks awesome. Check out his web site.

Thanks for the info. I will never sell my Metallica, one of my top machines.

1 week later
#20464 1 year ago

I just installed my new fluorescent green parts custom made by silver ball designs. He makes an 8 piece set but he did a few extra for me and I think they came out great, both ramps and and the clear piece above the shooter lane. The left ramp and the shooter lane parts have a wed design that matches his sparky air ball part, and the right ramp has snake skin design on it. I think it evens out the fluorescent green parts in the machine. If interested in them he is willing to make more. The ramp covers will need longer screws and the other part is 2 pieces so you will need to use the brackets from your original or I made new ones out of stainless steel and polished them.

19A1AEC0-E942-4A22-AC52-FCF13D0C6483 (resized).jpeg19A1AEC0-E942-4A22-AC52-FCF13D0C6483 (resized).jpeg0F8179B6-E558-4AEA-92C5-45CDBBE913F9 (resized).jpeg0F8179B6-E558-4AEA-92C5-45CDBBE913F9 (resized).jpegA6648FEE-06EC-4671-9D5E-2561F761AB9E.jpegA6648FEE-06EC-4671-9D5E-2561F761AB9E.jpegFD9DEA0E-ED83-4706-BD50-EE0DD66F771B.jpegFD9DEA0E-ED83-4706-BD50-EE0DD66F771B.jpeg
#20465 1 year ago

Just listed our Metallica, lemme know if you're interested

Machine - For Sale
Routed - fresh off route - “This is a Routed Late Model Metallica Pro that was originally LED'd by Stern with a sticker born on date of June 22, 2015. Game has been gone through and is fully functional. It ha...”
2022-12-10
Rochester, NY
6,600 (OBO)
Archived after: 26 days
Viewed: 1582 times
Contributed to Pinside

#20466 1 year ago
Quoted from Knox_Amusement:

Just listed our Metallica, lemme know if you're interested

Machine - For Sale

Metallica (Pro)

New ad!

Routed - fresh off route - “This is a Routed Late Model Metallica Pro that was originally LED'd by Stern with a sticker born on date of June 22, 2015.
Game has been gone through and is fully functional.
It ha...”

8 hours ago

Rochester, NY

Knox_Amusement

7,200 (OBO)

Funny how pinball prices increased in such a short time. $7200 is what i paid for Metallica LE 199 in 2014. I aint selling it for that now

GLWTS Metallica Pro is fun and fast as hell!

#20467 1 year ago

If you want to have some fun with Metallica, swap out your code for one of 2 Christmas versions. Done really well, song titles changed DMD, fade in and out wtc. Get more info here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/christmetallica-a-christmas-sound-mod/page/2#post-7285439

#20468 1 year ago
Quoted from Bulskis9298:

I just installed my new fluorescent green parts custom made by silver ball designs. He makes an 8 piece set but he did a few extra for me and I think they came out great, both ramps and and the clear piece above the shooter lane. The left ramp and the shooter lane parts have a wed design that matches his sparky air ball part, and the right ramp has snake skin design on it. I think it evens out the fluorescent green parts in the machine. If interested in them he is willing to make more. The ramp covers will need longer screws and the other part is 2 pieces so you will need to use the brackets from your original or I made new ones out of stainless steel and polished them. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The mods look really good. Your pin looks awesome!

1 week later
#20469 1 year ago
Quoted from Steve_d71:

The mods look really good. Your pin looks awesome!

Thanks, few more things I want to do still

#20470 1 year ago

Just recently started getting phantom hits to Sparky and the grave marker targets. Now I get un warranted jackpots when in Sparky multi ball or grave marker multi ball. Anyone have this issue before and what did you do? Don’t have any added side blades or light inducing flashers other than stock to trigger the optos. Thanks in advance.

#20471 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Just recently started getting phantom hits to Sparky and the grave marker targets. Now I get un warranted jackpots when in Sparky multi ball or grave marker multi ball. Anyone have this issue before and what did you do? Don’t have any added side blades or light inducing flashers other than stock to trigger the optos. Thanks in advance.

Check your opto connections. Put the game in switch test mode and see if they are registering to confirm it’s the issue. Maybe loose wires, loose opto mounts or bad connectors.

#20472 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Funny how pinball prices increased in such a short time. $7200 is what i paid for Metallica LE 199 in 2014.

Same, and at the time I thought I was mildly crazy for paying that much.

#20473 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Same, and at the time I thought I was mildly crazy for paying that much.

If i werent working overseas, no way I would have had the cash then lol.

#20474 1 year ago

Got it!!! Awesome topper tilttoppers!!! Best Metallica topper I’ve seen. Great quality, great communication, and only took a few weeks to deliver.

5BBE5BC6-5452-4408-9174-70AD844B9169 (resized).jpeg5BBE5BC6-5452-4408-9174-70AD844B9169 (resized).jpegAB171156-3265-4B76-B849-EB9B0FC5D518 (resized).jpegAB171156-3265-4B76-B849-EB9B0FC5D518 (resized).jpeg
#20475 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Got it!!! Awesome topper tilttoppers!!! Best Metallica topper I’ve seen. Great quality, great communication, and only took a few weeks to deliver.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s a sick topper, congrats. I might have to order one of those for my LE!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20476 1 year ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:I definitely agree the purple is best. I think green looks 'okay'..certainly good enough if I just leave mine as-is..but that purple....guh!
I've been looking for an excuse to powdercoat something purple. Tron felt like a bit of a stretch (although at least the TRON letters are purple) but Metallica.....Ugh. It feels like it just needs to be done. lol
Guess I need to go looking for some used rails/legs/lock bar so I can get rolling on it. I'm not sure I can handle having either machine down while parts are off being beautified.

Damn.. do you know the name of the green powder coating used on your premium..after seeing it again in the secret santa thread i really like it! I haven't done my Metallica but still plan to one day.. kinda like the green over the purple lately!
My Metallica hasn't been home for a while and is currently in a brewery being enjoyed by lots of locals! Will get it back home in the next few months though.

#20477 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Funny how pinball prices increased in such a short time. $7200 is what i paid for Metallica LE 199 in 2014. I aint selling it for that now
GLWTS Metallica Pro is fun and fast as hell!

What doesn't make sense is they made a zillion machines of Metallica. One of the best selling games they produced, and the price still goes up? What I noticed it is they are bolted down. They aren't for sale alot and I rarely see them on location and pinball shows in my area?

#20478 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

What doesn't make sense is they made a zillion machines of Metallica. One of the best selling games they produced, and the price still goes up? What I noticed it is they are bolted down. They aren't for sale alot and I rarely see them on location and pinball shows in my area?

The answer to both questions is that it's a great game

#20479 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Because people rarely sell it, I think. The price should approach infinity once they have all gotten into the hands of people who won't flip them

The only reason I got my premium is because the guy who sold it to managed to find an LE.

#20480 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Addams Family comes to mind when you say this. Huge NIB sales numbers, huge sale prices. On one hand it defies logic, on the other hand they only make a bunch if it's hot enough to sell a bunch!

#20481 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Keep in mind, there are only 500 LEs with 250 having gone overseas. So from that aspect the LE is limited and I can see its price increasing some. I think the Roadcase Prem are actually a bit more rare(and pretty effing cool!) I see Met pros all over the place in AZ and a few prems.

#20482 1 year ago

Kaneda mentioned a rumor recently that Stern may be coming out with a “new” version of Metallica. The band apparently didn’t want to just do a standard vault but something different—maybe updated to LCD, for example? This could all just be BS, but curious if others have any thoughts or info on this possibility.

#20483 1 year ago

Paid $8600 for my MET LE. This game and Maiden LE are never leaving. Both amazing pins and gorgeous to look at! It helps if you grew up on and love their music. Values have been rising steadily on LEs. I’m still looking to add Kiss LE to the collection; that’s another gorgeous pin, minus Gene’s big head lol

E1760116-BD66-4B62-AF2D-C9DBC5946A20 (resized).jpegE1760116-BD66-4B62-AF2D-C9DBC5946A20 (resized).jpegA5D9F25F-CA53-4651-B55F-80545A7F1D3E (resized).jpegA5D9F25F-CA53-4651-B55F-80545A7F1D3E (resized).jpeg

#20484 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Kaneda mentioned a rumor recently that Stern may be coming out with a “new” version of Metallica. The band apparently didn’t want to just do a standard vault but something different—maybe updated to LCD, for example? This could all just be BS, but curious if others have any thoughts or info on this possibility.

Maybe Erwin after Bond SLE

#20485 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Wow big if true. That's the one thing (and abject poverty) that would convince me to sell my premium. An LCD version with all new visuals would be pretty slick.

#20486 1 year ago

I’d be game for an LCD version of Metallica. Let’s go Stern!

#20487 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Wow big if true. That's the one thing (and abject poverty) that would convince me to sell my premium. An LCD version with all new visuals would be pretty slick.

Yeah “if” true. Now would be the time to sell a premium to fund the new version. You just can’t trust rumors. And even if true who’s to say it’s gonna be as good. May regret selling to get the new one. It’s all a crap shoot.

#20488 1 year ago

Stern doesn’t have a coder as good as Lyman was. My pro is staying bolted.

#20489 1 year ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Stern doesn’t have a coder as good as Lyman was. My pro is staying bolted.

Exactly what I was thinking. MET and TWD are gems.

#20490 1 year ago

Could they not keep the same game but include the LCD?

#20491 1 year ago

yeah they wouldnt need to do any real rule changes, right? Just adapt dot animations over with their LCD production team, add some concert footage... I get the feeling I might like the dots better in the end though

#20492 1 year ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

yeah they wouldnt need to do any real rule changes, right? Just adapt dot animations over with their LCD production team, add some concert footage... I get the feeling I might like the dots better in the end though

Given what I’ve seen Sterns animation on Deadpool, Aerosmith…. I’m gonna stick with the Dot matrix

I like the visuals drawn in this fashion… but they can try and prove me wrong. Either way, I would not trade/buy one.

#20493 1 year ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

I'd definitely rather have dots than concert footage, that's why I love IMDN so much it's all art work based on their albums etc. The games that just have pictures of the band and their concerts seem low effort to me and only really appeal to huge fans of the band.

#20494 1 year ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Could they not keep the same game but include the LCD?

Would you seriously rather have PS2-era-looking 3D models over a ColorDMD and Metallica's masterful dots?

I know I sure wouldn't.

No offense to Stern's team, they're working with the time and budget they have, nobody should expect Hollywood level CGI, but their LCD screen graphics are okay at best. Iron Maiden is a kick ass game, the screen though? That's not an upgrade over Metallica.

#20495 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Given what I’ve seen Sterns animation on Deadpool, Aerosmith…. I’m gonna stick with the Dot matrix

I didn’t care for Aerosmith’s animations at first. They have grown me. Looking at JJP GNR clips just make me feel old. Metallica is pretty good in red. A colored dmd would probably would make it awesome!

#20496 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Damn.. do you know the name of the green powder coating used on your premium..after seeing it again in the secret santa thread i really like it! I haven't done my Metallica but still plan to one day.. kinda like the green over the purple lately!
My Metallica hasn't been home for a while and is currently in a brewery being enjoyed by lots of locals! Will get it back home in the next few months though.

I agree ,the green looks like it belongs more than the others I’ve seen including mine .

#20497 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/145316

Rare opportunity to purchase a RoadCase premium!

#20498 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Would you seriously rather have PS2-era-looking 3D models over a ColorDMD and Metallica's masterful dots?
I know I sure wouldn't.
No offense to Stern's team, they're working with the time and budget they have, nobody should expect Hollywood level CGI, but their LCD screen graphics are okay at best. Iron Maiden is a kick ass game, the screen though? That's not an upgrade over Metallica.

My understanding is that Stern didn't even make the animations for IMDN, they licensed them from the mobile game. They definitely don't feel modern but I feel like they get the job done. Some are pretty rough though like the trooper one with all of the soldiers. Surely Stern could hire someone on fiverr who could do a better job lol

#20499 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

My understanding is that Stern didn't even make the animations for IMDN, they licensed them from the mobile game. They definitely don't feel modern but I feel like they get the job done. Some are pretty rough though like the trooper one with all of the soldiers. Surely Stern could hire someone on fiverr who could do a better job lol

It looks like the mobile game..

#20500 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

"They get the job done" is about the sum of most of their LCD games. Meanwhile Metallica has, imo, some of the best dots ever made. Now without a ColorDMD it's lacking, that's a must have in my book.

Personally I never believe these kind of rumors. The source for this one is full of shit on a regular basis, but just in general it doesn't pass the smell test. It was a great selling game with multiple runs, why would you put all the development energy into porting it to modern hardware, without the original programer (RIP) and then spend all the manpower and time on doing all new animations?

All to sell to a market that's already decently saturated with the game. Sure, there are people who missed out, the new breed of collectors who only own LCD games, but that doesn't really strike me as enough.

I don't have access to Stern's data, so who can really say I guess.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 410 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/410?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.