Topic Stats

• 16,878 posts
  • 948 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Robertstone0407
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,855 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg
buzzkill (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190920_182141 (resized).jpg
15684089715109170470619334034077 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16878 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 338.
#2001 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Do you think CT Retro whites would look good? I have a bundle of those in 44 already. Let me guess, The pros are using 555s in GI?

Mostly wedge bases, yes.

#2002 4 years ago

I just loaded the 1.63D software (the version for the Pro LED) and it still comes up with 1.63 when I boot up. Also, when I get a row of inserts ready for a hurry, they still stutter like they did when I had my standard 1.63 loaded. Thought the LED version was supposed to eliminate the fading effect so the flickering doesn''t happen. Anyone with a factory LED Pro confirm what your software version shows on boot? Do you still have the flickering when a hurry up is ready? I looked through the adjustments to see if there was a LED vs Incandescent option and couldn't find one.

Thanks.

#2003 4 years ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

Mostly wedge bases, yes.

I think there are just 4 44/47 bulb sockets. The four in the slings. Rest is all 555. I think there is around 25 or so GI. 555s

#2004 4 years ago

I'll check out the factory ones and may switch my GI to these. http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=993&categoryId=150

#2005 4 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

Metallica should follow suit and do this themselves. The drums sounded terrible and James' voice was trashed for the original recording of St. Anger. A redo would be welcome, some of the songs could be really good if remixed.

I'd like them to remix and re-release Death Magnetic without the over compression.
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/blog-death-magnetic-sounds-better-in-guitar-hero-173961
https://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=DRyIACDCc1I&fmt=18

#2006 4 years ago

Anyone know if anymore code updates are coming out for our machines?

#2007 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Anyone know if anymore code updates are coming out for our machines?

I haven't heard anything. It's Lyman so never say never, but I'm not expecting anything. I dunno what it would even be really, it feels complete to me now.

#2008 4 years ago

It would be cool if we could get a couple more songs, unlikely though.

#2009 4 years ago

Still would like blackend mode to be the four horseman mode as it was obviously intended to be. Dont wanna get rid of blackened in the song rotation though. I dont know how tight they are in memory available with the current code. Maybe thats not possible.

#2010 4 years ago

I agree that the game feels complete. I only with there was more incentive to shoot the spinners.

#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I'll check out the factory ones and may switch my GI to these. http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=993&categoryId=150

Save yourself some money and just get these -

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2led.htm

Or these if you want ghost busters -
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smd5050ng.htm

Really no need for ghost busters in the GI though on a pro.

#2012 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Still would like blackend mode to be the four horseman mode as it was obviously intended to be. Dont wanna get rid of blackened in the song rotation though. I dont know how tight they are in memory available with the current code. Maybe thats not possible.

I'm with you there. I would like to see something better for blackend. Right now it's a task to get to and when you do it's pretty lame as you are just shooting the picks again which you've already done a bazillion times to get the mode started. Outside of that I think the code is great.

#2013 4 years ago

I still feel there should be more utilization of the grave marker lane during multiballs that don't include it. When you shoot it, it just feels dead. I think it should fire the ball out back at you at least. That's the only thing I can think of that feels incomplete.

#2014 4 years ago

They could make four Horsemen mode similar to battle royale in Spiderman where you have to hit Sparky hammer snake and cross a certain number of times to close it I also agree that the cross should do more during multi balls also make all multiballs stackable with each other i.e. snake and cross or Sparky and snake would be pretty awesome although it might unbalance the scoring a bit

#2015 4 years ago

I wish more multiball modes were stackable WITHOUT having to start coffin first. After you get used to it, coffin is not insanely difficult to start, but it is frustrating to HAVE to do coffin first before you can start stacking multiballs.

#2016 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I still feel there should be more utilization of the grave marker lane during multiballs that don't include it. When you shoot it, it just feels dead. I think it should fire the ball out back at you at least. That's the only thing I can think of that feels incomplete.

What if the grave marker held one of your balls during multiball for a hurry-up shot? Then release after 5-10 seconds. That'd be cool. I agree the dead hits are disappointing.

#2017 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

What if the grave marker held one of your balls during multiball for a hurry-up shot? Then release after 5-10 seconds. That'd be cool. I agree the dead hits are disappointing.

That would be cool. A little bit too much like the super jackpot in coffin multiball maybe though? Still, I'd take that for sure.

#2018 4 years ago

Locking a ball on each of the three magnets and then some shot with the fourth ball to release them all would be cool. The only problem with that idea is what if you get more than one ball locked on one of the magnets -- which happens from time to time.

#2019 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

What if the grave marker held one of your balls during multiball for a hurry-up shot?

It does this in gravemarker MB for the SJP shot.

#2020 4 years ago

Played a friend's Metallica Prem today. WOW. This game is fantastic. I totally get everyone's chubby for this pin. Who wants to sell me their HUO Prem or LE?

Do have a question, since I have only played the Prem, wouldn't I miss some of the features if I decided to go Pro? I mean, the drums/side spinners alone are awesome, and of course Hammer was cool too...anyone have the Pro and feel like its just missing something or having regrets NOT getting the Prem/LE?

#2021 4 years ago

I think the consensus is that if you can afford/find/obtain a Prem/LE then go for it. but if you cant the Pro is a awesome pin as well.

#2022 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Do have a question, since I have only played the Prem, wouldn't I miss some of the features if I decided to go Pro? I mean, the drums/side spinners alone are awesome, and of course Hammer was cool too...anyone have the Pro and feel like its just missing something or having regrets NOT getting the Prem/LE?

Shoot, I go back and forth on this a lot. I doubt many would miss the difference between the Prem and the LE (mirrored backglass, different cab decals, powder coating) but the difference between the pro and Prem/LE is where it gets tough. I'm more of a pro person (due to budget reasons mainly) but here is where my head always go's when I think about dropping down to a pro and pocketing the $$$ difference:
- Spinners - Pretty cool but I doubt I'd miss them much
- Raising cross - Wouldn't miss
- Hammer - I wouldn't miss the hammer by itself but I would miss the ball lock feature by the balls going into the playfield thus this is a feature I would miss. If the hammer was smaller it would be even better.
- GI - I would miss this a lot. The way it's integrated into the modes is brilliant. This here alone is what pushed me to the Prem/LE.
- RGB inserts - I don't really notice them all that much so I wouldn't really miss it all that much

At the end of the day I couldn't be happier with my LE and I don't think I would drop to a pro and take the cash but with this title it becomes more of a decision of your budget and how much value you put into the toys vs the gameplay. You'll be happy with either.

#2023 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I wish more multiball modes were stackable WITHOUT having to start coffin first. After you get used to it, coffin is not insanely difficult to start, but it is frustrating to HAVE to do coffin first before you can start stacking multiballs.

This is probably related to the Premium and LE having a physical lock mechanism for the coffin. Having other balls flying around while it's trying to lock in the coffin would be very, very bad!

Rob

#2024 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

This is probably related to the Premium and LE having a physical lock mechanism for the coffin. Having other balls flying around while it's trying to lock in the coffin would be very, very bad!
Rob

Probably right there. I also think they didn't go that route as you could be in MB all day if you could make progress towards other MB's while in a MB.

#2025 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Shoot, I go back and forth on this a lot. I doubt many would miss the difference between the Prem and the LE (mirrored backglass, different cab decals, powder coating) but the difference between the pro and Prem/LE is where it gets tough. I'm more of a pro person (due to budget reasons mainly) but here is where my head always go's when I think about dropping down to a pro and pocketing the $$$ difference:
- Spinners - Pretty cool but I doubt I'd miss them much
- Raising cross - Wouldn't miss
- Hammer - I wouldn't miss the hammer but I would miss the ball lock feature by the balls going into the playfield. That's a really cool feature. If the hammer was smaller it would be even better.
- GI - I would miss this a lot. The way it's integrated into the modes is brilliant. This here alone is what pushed me to the Prem/LE.
- RGB inserts - I don't really notice them all that much so I wouldn't really miss it all that much
At the end of the day I couldn't be happier with my LE and I don't think I would drop to a pro and take the cash but with this title it becomes more of a decision of your budget and how much value you put into the toys vs the gameplay. You'll be happy with either.

Don't forget the snake jaw!

I completely agree with your points though. The one thing that is most outstanding on the premium and le is the lighting effects.

Rob

#2026 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Isn't there only one stackable multiball? Coffin with Electric chair? Snake and grave marker don't stack with coffin.

#2027 4 years ago

Well I'm a drummer and I LOVE the outer lanes/spinner making the drum sounds. That doesn't happen on the Pro right?

#2028 4 years ago

I believe you can stack Coffin with any of the other multiballs. Can anyone confirm this?

#2029 4 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

I believe you can stack Coffin with any of the other multiballs. Can anyone confirm this?

They don't appear to stack for me. I asked a pinball pro friend of mine what I was doing wrong on my machine, since I couldn't start grave marker with coffin going, and he told me they don't stack.

#2030 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Don't forget the snake jaw!
I completely agree with your points though. The one thing that is most outstanding on the premium and le is the lighting effects.
Rob

Auh crap. I forgot one of the features I liked to. The ability to hold the ball is really cool but I love how it will close to keep balls out when there is no purpose for them in there. Great feature that I completely overlooked.

#2031 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

If the hammer was smaller it would be even better.

Working on it!

Quoted from 85vett:

I actually really love the insert colors. Makes it so much clearer at a glance what's going on. Obviously you can live without, but I do appreciate them.

#2032 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Well I'm a drummer and I LOVE the outer lanes/spinner making the drum sounds. That doesn't happen on the Pro right?

Haha yeah, I had a musician friend over (my brother in law actually) and when I first ripped the spinners he goes "oh wow, sounds like blast beats!"

#2033 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Working on it!

Yeah, I saw that. Just probably out of my budget. Fingers crossed for a mass produced version but understand if it doesn't come around. What you came up is awesome though.

#2034 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

They don't appear to stack for me. I asked a pinball pro friend of mine what I was doing wrong on my machine, since I couldn't start grave marker with coffin going, and he told me they don't stack.

He's wrong, all three stack w Coffin.

#2035 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

He's wrong, all three stack w Coffin.

What I'm saying is, my machine with latest code confirms what he's saying. I've had both snake and grave marker cued to start when starting coffin. I've never got them started. The only one I've ever stacked was chair, and that happens just about every time I get coffin.

#2036 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Hammer - I wouldn't miss the hammer by itself but I would miss the ball lock feature by the balls going into the playfield thus this is a feature I would miss. If the hammer was smaller it would be even better.

Once you add a shaker, and an external sub with the crossover low and the volume cranked, Metallica's hammering of the ball through playfield becomes the loudest, coolest and most intense special-effect ever put in a pinball. Crank that sub up and watch people nearby jump in fright when you score a lock! Replace the game's 8" speaker with another amplified sub for more boom!

#2037 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yeah, I saw that. Just probably out of my budget. Fingers crossed for a mass produced version but understand if it doesn't come around. What you came up is awesome though.

Definitely going to do my best to make it happen. The only reason I'm not promising anything is I'll have to rely on outside people to help with it, I don't have any skills/tools for casting, so I don't want to say "for sure!" and then find out it's really impossible to cast right.

Friends who know better tell me it's doable though.

I'm kinda going nuts with my plans for the hand made ones, they might be more expensive than I had planned originally even. So I won't be surprised if some people drop out and wait for the mass produced version. I'm not good at not going overboard.

#2038 4 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

Yeah coffin stacks with all multiball modes.

Quoted from cscmtp:

Played a friend's Metallica Prem today. WOW. This game is fantastic. I totally get everyone's chubby for this pin. Who wants to sell me their HUO Prem or LE?

Quoted from Rickwh:

I think the consensus is that if you can afford/find/obtain a Prem/LE then go for it. but if you cant the Pro is a awesome pin as well.

I agree with this 100%. In my case, I bought the pro and I consider it the best pin i've ever played (although I am partial to MM as well) so I haven't regretted getting the pro for a second. You will not "miss" anything and it comes at a great price point, especially if you can get the old incandescent version for a deal and do the LEDs yourself. However, I split the cost of my MET with a friend, and purely because I love the pin so much if my friend wanted to buy me out of the pro I would seriously consider getting the premium as it will never be leaving my house.

#2039 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Many(me included) have added spinners to the Pro. The drum sounds are slightly delayed, but still there. The way it's tapped in to the picks some may not agree with, but it's a great mod IMO.

#2040 4 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

The way it's tapped in to the picks some may not agree with, but it's a great mod IMO.

Owners can do what they want to their games, but this has a significant impact on rules, making blackened easier to get, along with the snake add a ball.

#2041 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

What I'm saying is, my machine with latest code confirms what he's saying. I've had both snake and grave marker cued to start when starting coffin. I've never got them started. The only one I've ever stacked was chair, and that happens just about every time I get coffin.

You can only stack one at a time. All three can stack with Coffin, but once you start one (Chair, cross, snake) that's it. You can't make any more progress towards other multiballs until you drain out of your Coffin MB.

#2042 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

You can only stack one at a time. All three can stack with Coffin, but once you start one (Chair, cross, snake) that's it. You can't make any more progress towards other multiballs until you drain out of your Coffin MB.

This is right.

So in short, if you start Chair, Cross, or Snake first, you can't stack any other MB with it.

If you start Coffin first, you can stack one MB with it (Chair, Cross or Snake). After one is added, there is no more progress to other MB's until the currently played ones are done.

#2043 4 years ago

Having said that, the code still allows for lots of other stacking (Fuel, SND, Battery, CIU to some extent).

#2044 4 years ago

Update service brackets..

Excuse me for mine bad English, im trying mine best to explain, but it is difficult for me...
Hope it makes sense! I cant find the right words, and it its way difficult to talk in technical based English. So do not shoot me!

To continue:
It seems fairly simple to determinate to where you need to drill the holes!
I was looking in the manual, and used the other link (to the other ervice bracket post) to this, on a few post before.

One page 114 and 149 (and some more pages)of de metalica manual for the pro, you see an schematic. It shows pegs, "playfield lockbar support brackets/hinges mounting holes" and support brackets we, wish to mount.

Dowload link:
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/metallica/pro/421/MTLAB1.PDF

The driled holes has to bee in the mid line of the 2 screws, who holds "playfield lockbar support brackets /hinge". You see the place of pegs (big circle), AND the position for the brackets! (under the apron) and the 2 screws for "playfield lockbar bracket/hinge"

In the other image mentioned in previous post, wich shows the a tron pro , with had pre drilled holes, with tnuts, AND pegs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-pf-not-drilled-for-the-support-slide-bracket/page/2

Quoted from snaroff:

No...not even close I've enclosed pics from where the pre-drilled holes were on my TRON Pro. Since the left/right side of the PF are not symmetric, you need to be careful to line them up properly.

IMG_1994.JPG 156 KB

IMG_1995.JPG 169 KB

IMG_1996.JPG 283 KB

We can see that the predrilled holes are with tnuts,are in line with the pegs holes, but are more , to the bottom side of play field. The are exactly in the middle of the 2 screws holding the playfield hinge wichh rest on the "lockbar region".

If we combine this 2 , now you EXACTLY know where to drill.
We can confirm that the schematic on page 114 of downloaded manual is correct.

Did it yesterday (measure more then twice to confirm) and dril once ,I was deadon!
I did use tnuts at the bottem, just as original.

Although I was correct, I did not like the iron next to wood, because you easily scratch the wood, when not pay attention. So I did drill a hole , and mounted some thick rubber feet under the service brackets. So the rubber feet protects mine wood. The metal of the service brackets will not touch the wood...

So case closed...

#2045 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

This is right.
So in short, if you start Chair, Cross, or Snake first, you can't stack any other MB with it.
If you start Coffin first, you can stack one MB with it (Chair, Cross or Snake). After one is added, there is no more progress to other MB's until the currently played ones are done.

This goes back to my earlier post. I hate that you HAVE to start Coffin first if you want to stack....it just seems so limiting .

#2046 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Ok, I'll get to the bottom of it. Josh Sharpe agrees w/ me regarding the Pro that only coffin and sparky stack. Have a message into Lyman to get the definitive answer...

#2047 4 years ago

I assure you that on the Premium at least any of the others can stack after Coffin. Coffin and Snake running together is the best.

#2048 4 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

I assure you that on the Premium at least any of the others can stack after Coffin. Coffin and Snake running together is the best.

This is correct....All other Multiballs stack with Coffin as long as Coffin is started 1st.

#2049 4 years ago

I'm off work today with a sick child. I'll take a video to test it out and post it here.

#2050 4 years ago

I just installed the neon protector set from Pinbits last night (slings/guides, pop bumpers and Sparky air ball protector) and I have to say that I am really happy with how they turned out. The neon effect is much more intense in person.

The laser etching on the slings of a skull/piston and flames really pops as does the spider web etching on the Sparky plastic.

Just thought I'd share as this set is very different and far more reasonable in price than the other neon plastic offerings I've seen.

METLE PF.jpg
METLE R SLING.jpg
METLE SPARKY POPS.jpg

METLE SLINGS.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 16878 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside