C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 403 of 434.
#20101 1 year ago

Seconded. So true.
Speaking as Both a pinhead & Metallica fan

Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I think the outside art is not really desired, especially the translite.

#20102 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Seconded. So true.
Speaking as Both a pinhead & Metallica fan

When I bought mine, it was the same price for regular premium or road case, and as much as I liked the cabinet art, I didn't like the translite or how the artclashed with the playfield style.

#20103 1 year ago

I just replaced the old men trans for the monster trans on my road-case and back in the day folk all wanted the road-case cab way more than the reg but did not like the trans.the road is way more rare if that means value.

#20104 1 year ago

Does anyone know what would cause the coffin lock to not want to hold a ball? I'm having this issue intermittently but when it happens it happens every time.

Last night I played several hours with no issues but today the coffin lock just spits the ball up every time.

Any ideas what I can check? Last time it happened I had the glass and translite off so I thought maybe the light was messing with the optos but this time I'm not sure what it could be. I made sure the table was level.

EDIT: I changed the balls and it stopped so I assumed it was magnetization... but then I had a weird issue where I came out of crank it up and the game didn't eject another ball into the trough for my final ball. There was a ball in the coffin lock and it just sat there without doing the ball search or anything. I put a 5th ball in just to play out the game and then I had to use the service menu to try the coffin lock release solenoid. It fired off a few times with no result and then finally saw the ball and ejected it.

Does the coffin lock use 3 optos to sense all of the balls? I'm wondering if that first opto is going bad or needs adjusting.

#20105 1 year ago

Any insight on this? The snake jaw presses the switch in due to gravity. Can share a video if it would clarify.

Quoted from prentice:

Is there any way to move the snake jaw up or to the left to prevent gravity from pulling it down and closing the switch when it is supposed to be open (jaw=closed)? When I adjust the jaw screw to raise it, it leads to the latch jamming.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-premium-snake-jaw-issue#post-6982714

#20106 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Anyone know if/where to get this translite?

I think there was only about 5 total of these glasses that were produced. All went to the people that worked on the 1st proto type game for James/Metallica. Good Luck finding one. A friend of mine that worked on the project sold his a few years back for about $500...i think.

#20107 1 year ago

One went to AUS for like $18,000. Fully loaded LE.

#20108 1 year ago
20220617_214504 (resized).jpg20220617_214504 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#20109 1 year ago

Does anyone have a problem with the rubber on the post beside the left ramp working its way up and popping off over time?

This is the only one that does it, but every rubber I put on there gets a little split and then works its way off the post.
The only thing I can think of is that the flap at the end of the ramp has a tiny little crease on it. I'm not sure if this is normal or if it's causing the ball to take a weird trajectory when coming back down the ramp which pushes the rubber up the post.
I've got a dab of hot glue on it now to keep it down but would rather fix the issue and not have to do that.

PXL_20220629_005319718 (resized).jpgPXL_20220629_005319718 (resized).jpg
#20110 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Does anyone have a problem with the rubber on the post beside the left ramp working its way up and popping off over time?

Is that rubber a hair too big? I've never had that happen.

#20111 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Is that rubber a hair too big? I've never had that happen.

I'm not sure. The machine came with it missing which makes me think this was happening before I got it. I have been using ones from my Iron Maiden set. I thought these posts and rubbers would be standard sizes especially on stern games.

#20112 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I'm not sure. The machine came with it missing which makes me think this was happening before I got it. I have been using ones from my Iron Maiden set. I thought these posts and rubbers would be standard sizes especially on stern games.

There are a couple different mini-post rubber sizes; 3/8" OD and 7/16" OD. One of them (maybe the 7/16?) has a smaller ID and fits tighter on the post. You could also try the polyurethane versions (e.g. "Super-Bands"), as they seem to fit tightly and are very durable.

#20113 1 year ago

That used to happen to me, and my game had the original rubbers on it. It hasn't happened since I changed out the rubbers to Titian rings.

#20114 1 year ago

I just think that post takes a beating. I use Titan rubbers and have had to replace that post rubber once. It just got beat down and started coming apart. If your rubber is starting to split then hot glue will not help. It needs to be replaced. Try Titan rubbers and buy extras to replace as needed. That or step up to super band post rubbers. They are very dense and difficult to get on but hold up better. With the rubber off, check if the post has any imperfections that might bite into the rubber.

#20115 1 year ago

Ok, I feel like a dumb dumb. I can't find any info on how to restore settings or high scores on Metallica. I found the backup option and executed it, and assumed that would do it. Whatever it backed up, I can't retrieve. Any advice?

#20116 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Ok, I feel like a dumb dumb. I can't find any info on how to restore settings or high scores on Metallica. I found the backup option and executed it, and assumed that would do it. Whatever it backed up, I can't retrieve. Any advice?

I went through this recently when I had to update code for pin2DMD. My understanding is that you can't back up scores or settings, the back up to USB option on SAM is only audits. On SPIKE 2 it's in the USB menu and there's a backup and restore settings and scores option, I could not find it on Metallica though.

#20117 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I went through this recently when I had to update code for pin2DMD. My understanding is that you can't back up scores or settings, the back up to USB option on SAM is only audits. On SPIKE 2 it's in the USB menu and there's a backup and restore settings and scores option, I could not find it on Metallica though.

How is the Metallica colorization for pin2DMD? 100%?

New to the club BTW, my first Borg game, and another step in my goal of collecting all the best Lyman games. Love it.

#20118 1 year ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

How is the Metallica colorization for pin2DMD? 100%?
New to the club BTW, my first Borg game, and another step in my goal of collecting all the best Lyman games. Love it.

Yeah it's 100% as far as I can tell. Looks pretty nice too, although something about the dots on the pin2dmd look slightly off for me. Like they are a little too far apart or something. I haven't seen a colorDMD in real life though so I'm not sure if it's just my perception.

#20119 1 year ago

I have the LCD Color DMD in mine, but Id like to put it in my Spider-Man if the pin2DMD for Metallica is well done.

The animation blending, if thats the right word, on the LCD seems like it would be more effective on something like the Spider-Man movie clips than the relatively simpler Metallica animations.

#20120 1 year ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

The animation blending, if thats the right word, on the LCD seems like it would be more effective on something like the Spider-Man movie clips than the relatively simpler Metallica animations.

I’m not sure how the blending would be on Spider-Man movie clips, but I can tell you I did not like the blending for the Game of Thrones clips. DotsXL looked best on game of thrones. I eventually put a LED in GOT and put the LCD in Metallica. I think the scan/HiRes/blending of the LCD works best for cartoon style animation where there is less detail than an actual video clip.

#20121 1 year ago

A couple of moths, came to the flame.

20220701_235907 (resized).jpg20220701_235907 (resized).jpg
#20122 1 year ago

Is it possible to adjust the inlane rollover switches? I have one that doesn't always activate and it seems it doesn't depress the microswitch until it's right level with the playfield.

#20123 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Is it possible to adjust the inlane rollover switches? I have one that doesn't always activate and it seems it doesn't depress the microswitch until it's right level with the playfield.

Yes. You can move it left/right by loosening the screws and positioning as needed. You can also slightly bend the wireform to make it contact the ball better.

#20124 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Yes. You can move it left/right by loosening the screws and positioning as needed. You can also slightly bend the wireform to make it contact the ball better.

Is there any way to make it activate the microswitch earlier? The issue isn't left or right, it's that the switch doesn't' depress until the wire is basically level with the playfield. If the ball doesn't hit it perfectly it won't activate and all of the other seem to depress the microswitch about 5mm above the playfield.

Also I gave the game a really good cleaning and wax yesteday and then got a new GC high score first try. gotta love when that happens

#20125 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Is there any way to make it activate the microswitch earlier? The issue isn't left or right, it's that the switch doesn't' depress until the wire is basically level with the playfield. If the ball doesn't hit it perfectly it won't activate and all of the other seem to depress the microswitch about 5mm above the playfield.

Those wireforms are malleable and manipulating them a bit should let you adjust where the switch activates. If it seems too far gone you could always just replace the switch.

#20126 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Also I gave the game a really good cleaning and wax yesteday and then got a new GC high score first try. gotta love when that happens

Just bend the metal so the switch activates earlier. Very easy.

#20127 1 year ago

Bend it. Test it with a ball. Best to use needle nose pliers.

#20128 1 year ago

What is the fit for the Mezel Mods snake fangs supposed to be like? I couldn't squeeze mine in and loosening the screw in the roof of the snake's mouth didn't help, pretty sure it was just spinning the knurled post that it screws into.
I ended up having to remove the snake head entirely but the fangs are quite loose after putting it back together and there's a decent gap where his mouth is.
Is this how it should fit?

I might have to glue that knurled post back into the snake's head and try putting it all back together. It seems the thickness of the fangs is never going to make that gap any smaller though.

PXL_20220707_184748229 (resized).jpgPXL_20220707_184748229 (resized).jpg
#20129 1 year ago

Was having some trouble having the coffin magnet catch balls the other day. It had to be a soft rolling shot over it. Does changing the stock block metal target behind it help?

#20130 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

What is the fit for the Mezel Mods snake fangs supposed to be like? I couldn't squeeze mine in and loosening the screw in the roof of the snake's mouth didn't help, pretty sure it was just spinning the knurled post that it screws into.
I ended up having to remove the snake head entirely but the fangs are quite loose after putting it back together and there's a decent gap where his mouth is.
I might have to glue that knurled post back into the snake's head and try putting it all back together. It seems the thickness of the fangs is never going to make that gap any smaller though.[quoted image]

I remember taking the entire snake mech out of my game when I did mine. I know others had no issues installing their [fangs], but it was a pain with mine like yours. I think that I had to use a low profile ratcheting screwdriver like the one in the link below to remove the screw holding the metal plate so that I could squeeze the fangs back further and then close that gap back up when re-securing the metal plate.

https://www.amazon.com/Neiko-03044A-Ratcheting-Screwdriver-Close-Quarters/dp/B000XYOUS6/

reinstalling the snake mech was a pain as well and you have to make sure that you line up the assemblies correctly otherwise the vuk will not eject the pinballs to the proper spot on the left flipper

see here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/181#post-3521263
and here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/181#post-3521339
and here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/181#post-3527474

#20131 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I might have to glue that knurled post back into the snake's head and try putting it all back together. It seems the thickness of the fangs is never going to make that gap any smaller though.[quoted image]

I just loosened the screw on top of the snake and slid the fangs in, it was tight, but i was able to do it without having to do anything else.

#20132 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I just loosened the screw on top of the snake and slid the fangs in, it was tight, but i was able to do it without having to do anything else.

This!!! It’s been many years since I did it and it was very tight but got them in and did nothing else as well.

#20133 1 year ago

Can I get some pictures of the light bar mod from years ago,I have the lights but need to see the supports!

Thanks

39F62190-4B36-4675-9010-4488EA4E9332 (resized).png39F62190-4B36-4675-9010-4488EA4E9332 (resized).png
#20134 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Can I get some pictures of the light bar mod from years ago,I have the lights but need to see the supports!
Thanks
[quoted image]

20220708_140437 (resized).jpg20220708_140437 (resized).jpg20220708_140449 (resized).jpg20220708_140449 (resized).jpg20220708_140455 (resized).jpg20220708_140455 (resized).jpg20220708_140506 (resized).jpg20220708_140506 (resized).jpg
#20135 1 year ago

Thank you!may I ask how long are those stand offs?

#20136 1 year ago

The front white of fangs I painted lime to match and looks better.

#20137 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

The front white of fangs I painted lime to match and looks better.

Green fangs?

#20138 1 year ago

Finally got the newton ball installed on my LE. Wow, I never realized how big of an eyesore that block was. Opens up the shooting lane to Sparky from the right flipper to.

That pic was before it was completely secure.

20220707_202817 (resized).jpg20220707_202817 (resized).jpg
#20139 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Finally got the newton ball installed on my LE. Wow, I never realized how big of an eyesore that block was. Opens up the shooting lane to Sparky from the right flipper to.
[quoted image]

Yep, did that within 3 days of buying my game. It makes some nice combo ricochet shots possible into the snake too.

#20140 1 year ago

No the white bar in front that connects the fangs paint green.

#20141 1 year ago

Last week my Metallica started acting up,and was strobing like crazy . I did what was recommended in some old post,and now she's back to normal. I want ahead and reconnected all of the possible connections that might be causing the problem. I did the ones under the play field,and also the ones in the backbox.
I have no idea which one was causing the problem ,but I'm glad that an easy fix worked out for me .

#20142 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I remember taking the entire snake mech out of my game when I did mine. I know others had no issues installing their [fangs], but it was a pain with mine like yours. I think that I had to use a low profile ratcheting screwdriver like the one in the link below to remove the screw holding the metal plate so that I could squeeze the fangs back further and then close that gap back up when re-securing the metal plate.
amazon.com link »
reinstalling the snake mech was a pain as well and you have to make sure that you line up the assemblies correctly otherwise the vuk will not eject the pinballs to the proper spot on the left flipper
see here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/181#post-3521263
and here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/181#post-3521339
and here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/181#post-3527474

Thanks. I didn't need to take out the entire mech thankfully but I did have to remove the molded headpiece. I'm really just wondering if that gap that's showing now is normal or if I should go back and adjust some more.

#20143 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

No the white bar in front that connects the fangs paint green.

Aaah, now I get it. Good idea!

#20144 1 year ago

Anyone seen a hammer on a Pro before? What is the history of this mod? Thanks.

8B8CC949-2302-4CD0-89E0-4364AA76FAE6 (resized).jpeg8B8CC949-2302-4CD0-89E0-4364AA76FAE6 (resized).jpeg
#20145 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

[quoted image]

I like the original block and won’t change it.

#20146 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone seen a hammer on a Pro before? What is the history of this mod? Thanks.
[quoted image]

You buy that from saskatoon?! He made the bracket himself and bought the mod from spinny-vinny. There's a thread on here explaining how Tim did it.

#20147 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You buy that from saskatoon?! He made the bracket himself and bought the mod from spinny-vinny. There's a thread on here explaining how Tim did it.

Not sure who the original owner was? Bought it from second owner in Toronto. Has the custom Sparky as well. Still trying to figure out what the writing on the knuckles means.

#20148 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Not sure who the original owner was? Bought it from second owner in Toronto. Has the custom Sparky as well. Still trying to figure out what the writing on the knuckles means.

Does the hammer do anything or is it for show? What Sparky do you have? Would love to see some more pics.

#20149 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Does the hammer do anything or is it for show? What Sparky do you have? Would love to see some more pics.

Hammer does nothing, just for show.

#20150 1 year ago

I believe this was my friends Tim's old MET. I suck at computer.dammit but search pinsider TWILIGHT1 - hammer mod in metallica

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,600 (OBO)
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 29.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 403 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/403?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.