C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 401 of 434.
#20001 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

When you hold left flipper on plunge, one shot will have all inserts flashing. Hit that shot quickly and you will be awarded all the inserts for that shot. You probably get more points but not sure.

The Super Fucking Skill Shot is the one to master. Hold left flipper and plunge top right lane. MEGA POINTS!!!

#20002 1 year ago

I don't agree. What's it worth, 5 or 10 million? The other skill shot completes snake, cross and electric chair on a shot. That puts you well on your way to your first CIU, where the real points are. Complete a shot, then start any MB and you probably come out on the other side of that MB with CIU lit.

#20003 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You need to adjust the switch in Snakes mouth slightly higher.

The switch is properly working as its always knows the ball is there but the lighting of the snakes does not always happen for some reason.

#20004 1 year ago

If snake switch is intermittent.. e.g. closes on entry but reopens after ball settles, the game will eject without awarding light, etc.

#20005 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:The Super Fucking Skill Shot is the one to master. Hold left flipper and plunge top right lane. MEGA POINTS!!!

You can’t be serious. I can’t see the roll over due to the Aftermarket Snake plastic. By the the way, I’m looking for the original.

#20006 1 year ago

WTB the original plastic behind the .head.

#20007 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

You can’t be serious. I can’t see the roll over due to the Aftermarket Snake plastic. By the the way, I’m looking for the original.

I'd give you mine if you want to pay the shipping. I have mine modded up from spinny-vinny and won't be changing it back ever. PM if interested

#20008 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'd give you mine if you want to pay the shipping. I have mine modded up from spinny-vinny and won't be changing it back ever. PM if interested

Done.

#20009 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

If snake switch is intermittent.. e.g. closes on entry but reopens after ball settles, the game will eject without awarding light, etc.

This a millions times over. It took me a LOT of troubleshooting and processing to arrive at this determination. Many smart people I talked to could not figure this out. After adjusting the switch a millions times I replaced it. Problem solved.

#20010 1 year ago

Anyone looking to off load their Sparky shooter rod?

479B68D8-1E52-4E90-BC90-4AB38882D8EC (resized).jpeg479B68D8-1E52-4E90-BC90-4AB38882D8EC (resized).jpeg
#20011 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Anyone looking to off load their Sparky shooter rod?
[quoted image]

I’ve got one I would sell.

#20012 1 year ago

If the shaft length is not just perfect you’re gonna have all types of problems.

#20013 1 year ago

“thats what”

-she

Hahahha

#20014 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

“thats what”
-she
Hahahha

Ba da bing!

#20015 1 year ago

Looking for some help .I purchased my Met used and it came with pinstadiums. The back box lights , apron flashers ,apron art lights and GI lightning have never worked .I thought fuses but they’re all fine .Is GI lighting disconnected for these things? That’s what I thought this whole time but it doesn’t make sense.

#20016 1 year ago

Also this black line , I can’t find its partner .I’m guessing with all these alligator clips I’m dealing with Frankenstein .OCD is kicking in high gear it looks like a king night .Any help will be greatly appreciated

86F794CF-9817-4638-98C5-A765855473DF (resized).jpeg86F794CF-9817-4638-98C5-A765855473DF (resized).jpegF1404F14-BB29-4A21-B67D-B05522C411AF (resized).jpegF1404F14-BB29-4A21-B67D-B05522C411AF (resized).jpeg
#20017 1 year ago

Alligator clips are the devil. They can slip off and touch too many things. My suggestion would be to disconnect/remove the pinstadiums and start with getting the game working as it should…then get a good set of installation instructions from pinstadiums that match your kit if you want it installed. I do not have pinstadiums so others can confirm but I believe the install is not difficult and completely reversible unless a previous owner hacked into the wiring…Most important is to get your lighting working 100% then you can install the pinstadiums if you want hopefully without any issues. Plenty of people here have them so someone should be able to help sort this out for you.

#20018 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Alligator clips are the devil. They can slip off and touch too many things. My suggestion would be to disconnect/remove the pinstadiums and start with getting the game working as it should…then get a good set of installation instructions from pinstadiums that match your kit if you want it installed. I do not have pinstadiums so others can confirm but I believe the install is not difficult and completely reversible unless a previous owner hacked into the wiring…Most important is to get your lighting working 100% then you can install the pinstadiums if you want hopefully without any issues. Plenty of people here have them so someone should be able to help sort this out for you.

Thank You .I started with removing them last night .I really thought it was going to be the fuses but indicator lights were on F1 thru F-5 and they tested fine .Going to work then pick it up again tonight .

#20019 1 year ago

In the course of making TPU based protector products for RUSH, NinjaCamp and Outpost Kodelia were asked if we could design a Grave Marker that would not break.

The answer is yes -- check out the link below for more info.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06864-metallica-virtually-indestructible-grave-marker

1 week later
#20020 1 year ago

Sorry this probably gets asked a lot but I didn't see it in the key topics at the top. I'm looking at my dream pin, pretty sure I'll be picking up a Metallica premium. Are there any specific wear spots or issues I should know to look out for in advance?

Thanks.

#20021 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Sorry this probably gets asked a lot but I didn't see it in the key topics at the top. I'm looking at my dream pin, pretty sure I'll be picking up a Metallica premium. Are there any specific wear spots or issues I should know to look out for in advance?
Thanks.

Get magnet protectors (mylar will do, otherwise the carbon fiber version from Cliffy are great too and what I personally use) and make sure the magnet cores are not mushroomed and are level. Also get an extended plastic protector in front of Sparky to prevent air balls.

#20022 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:Get magnet protectors (mylar will do, otherwise the carbon fiber version from Cliffy are great too and what I personally use) and make sure the magnet cores are not mushroomed and are level. Also get an extended plastic protector in front of Sparky to prevent air balls.

If there's no sparky protector, chances are there will be a shit tonne of dimples below sparky.

Also make sure the playfield isn't chipping or caving in around the sparky magnet core.

Rob

#20023 1 year ago

Does anyone know where to get a sparky protector these days? Only place I seem to see one in stock is in the UK.

#20024 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Does anyone know where to get a sparky protector these days? Only place I seem to see one in stock is in the UK.

https://www.pinballlife.com/metallica-sparky-leg-protector-plastic.html

#20025 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I saw one on Ebay today

#20026 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Take the sparky plastic off and go to a glass place. They can probably cut you a new one from scrap acrylic for far cheaper ($20) than you can buy online. Just tell them to make the front edge a bit further out than the stock piece. I've had lots of plastics made this way and using the original as a template.

Rob

#20027 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

You want the ::extended:: sparky protector that sticks our farther than the stock one. I got mine from Pinbits but they are no longer around. I recall someone here on Pinside selling them but now I can't find who it was

#20028 1 year ago

Thanks everyone. I just went with ebay since I didn't feel like trying to find anyone locally to cut one.

Also random question. This is my first game with magnets. Can I demagnetize a ball with a typical demag tool if it ends up getting magnetized?

#20029 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You want the ::extended:: sparky protector that sticks our farther than the stock one. I got mine from Pinbits but they are no longer around. I recall someone here on Pinside selling them but now I can't find who it was

Rickwh was the pinside user that was making them for people. I would reach out to him

#20030 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Thanks.

Some pf's had issue of inserts ghosting. I have a pro and a few inserts have that issue. Not the worst thing but might affect price. However, in this market it might make little difference.

#20031 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Some pf's had issue of inserts ghosting. I have a pro and a few inserts have that issue. Not the worst thing but might affect price. However, in this market it might make little difference.

Some playfields had an artwork chipping issue which is maybe related? Most notably around the sparky magnet core.

The playfield on my game was warped which I didn't realize until 10 months after I bought it. Luckily, Stern did replace it.

Rob

#20032 1 year ago

I got my premium last night, it's amazingly fun. I have an Iron Maiden which I thought was the best pin but I think Metallica takes the cake. The light show, the mechanisms, the call outs and of course the music. Everything about it is awesome.

It was giving me a weird error when I booted it saying I'm not allowed to play it in my country... turned out to be a ribbon cable on the CPU that came loose some how in transit. That was a fun 15 minutes lol...

A couple quick questions though based on my initial look. Is there no trough eject power setting on these SAM machines? I can control the strength of just about any solenoid on the IMDN but I was having trouble findign these settings on Metallica.

Also I'm finding the LEDs behind the grave stone super bright and shining into my eyes whenever the grave is lowered. Does anyone else have this issue? Any way to solve it other than just capping the bulbs or putting up something to block the light a bit?

#20033 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I got my premium last night, it's amazingly fun. I have an Iron Maiden which I thought was the best pin but I think Metallica takes the cake. The light show, the mechanisms, the call outs and of course the music. Everything about it is awesome.
It was giving me a weird error when I booted it saying I'm not allowed to play it in my country... turned out to be a ribbon cable on the CPU that came loose some how in transit. That was a fun 15 minutes lol...
A couple quick questions though based on my initial look. Is there no trough eject power setting on these SAM machines? I can control the strength of just about any solenoid on the IMDN but I was having trouble findign these settings on Metallica.
Also I'm finding the LEDs behind the grave stone super bright and shining into my eyes whenever the grave is lowered. Does anyone else have this issue? Any way to solve it other than just capping the bulbs or putting up something to block the light a bit?

Trough eject is brutal on Metallica and no adjustment to soften it up.

#20034 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

IMDN is an ok game, but Metallica is just so much better. Truly one of Lyman's best ever games.

Rob

#20035 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

When I installed the rising cross mod I made a little cutout of the LE artwork to fit in behind there to filter the bright light. You can see it in this video:

#20036 1 year ago
Quoted from ktm450:

When I installed the rising cross mod I made a little cutout of the LE artwork to fit in behind there to filter the bright light. You can see it in this video:

This is still one of my favorite mods on my MET! Every time I see it, I smile

#20037 1 year ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Wow, I didn’t know you could do this on a pro!

Where do I buy that mod and what all do I need?

TIA for any info.

#20038 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Wow, I didn’t know you could do this on a pro!
Where do I buy that mod and what all do I need?
TIA for any info.

It might be more cost effective to just get a premium.

Rob

#20039 1 year ago

Also interested in getting this mod on my pro.

If anyone can help me with where to get it please let me know.

Quoted from Rob_G:

It might be more cost effective to just get a premium.
Rob

Not sure about that… premiums are going for like 11/12k

I was looking for one for a while. A very nice pro came up locally a few months ago and I jumped on it. I am very happy with it and saved 3 or 4 thousand (not the way my wife looks at it…)

I’ve played both versions a lot and although I would’ve preferred a premium as I usually get. I’m happy to say, Metallica pro is awesome!

Anyway, that rising cross mod is very cool but if it’s crazy money than I don’t have a problem passing on it.

But, I’m m still interested and my question still remains though; is this mod available? Also, if it is, how much will it cost?

Any info is much appreciated
Thanks

#20040 1 year ago

I sure someone can provide the details. If you search this thread it’s been discussed with all the details…not sure if anyone actually sells it as a kit but I am sure you can source the parts needed.

#20041 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I sure someone can provide the details. If you search this thread it’s been discussed with all the details…not sure if anyone actually sells it as a kit but I am sure you can source the parts needed.

Ok, thank you.

#20042 1 year ago

The comments on the YouTube video suggest the board for the mod isn't made anymore, but maybe someone else has created a solution.

#20043 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me if the gravestone is supposed to light up for the premium/LE? Or is that only pro?

I was doing a lamp check and noticed that in the flasher menu #19 "grave marker flasher" did nothing when I turned it on.

#20044 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Can anyone tell me if the gravestone is supposed to light up for the premium/LE? Or is that only pro?
I was doing a lamp check and noticed that in the flasher menu #19 "grave marker flasher" did nothing when I turned it on.

My cross has a bulb in it on my premium.

#20045 1 year ago

If anyone is interested I've found a couple PRO mod's I have NIB for MET.

The Spinner Mod & Metal POPs mods. What should I ask for them?

#20046 1 year ago
Quoted from CryHavoc:

The comments on the YouTube video suggest the board for the mod isn't made anymore, but maybe someone else has created a solution.

RobF is your rising cross mod still in the works?

#20047 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

The bulb probably came loose. It happens on my premium.

Rob

#20048 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

But, I’m m still interested and my question still remains though; is this mod available? Also, if it is, how much will it cost?
Any info is much appreciated
Thanks

The board is no longer available. It is run through the total lightshow board that gives the Pro the Premium lighting plus more.
If you are interested this is the Total Light Show thread and the post about the rising cross:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-lighting-in-your-face-st-pro-brought-to-lifevideo/page/43#post-5072738

#20049 1 year ago

Is anyone making a real knocker kit for Met these days? I know someone made them for SAM games a few years ago, but I haven’t been able to find one.

#20050 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

RobF is your rising cross mod still in the works?

Yep. Just very slow to start dolling them out. I had my game at the NWPAS this passed weekend and wanted to use the show as another opportunity to stress test the design. I haven't unpacked since yesterday's teardown, but I will give it a good inspection to confirm it made it through ok.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.00
$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 401 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/401?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.