C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 398 of 434.
#19851 2 years ago

Actual date of manufacture doesn't matter. Once a title is released it is manufactured using that same system throughout its run even if new titles moved to another system like Spike.

Metallica was released on the SAM system, so you'll need the SAM brackets.

#19852 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

I have a pro but was made Oct 2017 run. If I replace my pegs under playfield with support brackets, would I need the Sam or Spike version of the kit? Most sites say starting with WWE you need the Spike and mine was made after this. Confused

The playfield support brackets are a must. They make life much easier. You don’t have to remove the pegs to install them as I recall. You need the SAM version for Metallica

#19853 2 years ago

Okay thanks

#19854 2 years ago

These are the ones you need - https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-playfield-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-sam-machines.html

I installed them on my Iron Man after getting them powder coated.

#19855 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

I have a pro but was made Oct 2017 run. If I replace my pegs under playfield with support brackets, would I need the Sam or Spike version of the kit? Most sites say starting with WWE you need the Spike and mine was made after this. Confused

You need the SAM kit. A necessary upgrade IMO!

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-playfield-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-sam-machines.html

edit: I didn't see the new page of replies that this was already resolved

#19856 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

MET is a sam game. WWE was the first spike game and MET was released prior. MET did have a long production run but all versions sam.

#19857 2 years ago

Anybody know where I can get the Grave Marker (545-7352-00)? Mine's broken.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=545-7352

#19858 2 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Anybody know where I can get the Grave Marker (545-7352-00)? Mine's broken.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=545-7352

Probably have to order from a distributor and hope stern has them. Prob be months before you see it. If you find one please let us know so I can order a backup.

#19859 2 years ago

Finished my custom made curly wire mod. Hooked to the electric chair flasher. Looks amazing now. Painted the cap camo to match.

10C945AC-0A3E-49DF-BF84-F2349DA76439 (resized).jpeg10C945AC-0A3E-49DF-BF84-F2349DA76439 (resized).jpeg8597E41B-EFFA-4309-BAD7-633EAFC94E4C (resized).jpeg8597E41B-EFFA-4309-BAD7-633EAFC94E4C (resized).jpeg
#19860 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Finished my custom made curly wire mod. Hooked to the electric chair flasher. Looks amazing now. Painted the cap camo to match.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Now to finally play a couple of games on it! (Just kidding) looks awesome tho!

#19861 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Looks great! would love to see a video!

#19862 2 years ago

Need some tech help. Here are my two intermittent issues:
-The coffin ball lock only lights up when there's a ball locked (lights and stays solid) or blinks when triggered by an inlane switch. Otherwise it's dead, which means it does not light when you hit it. (flasher works fine)
-Sparky has a similar problem - the progress lights are occasionally dead for stretches of time.

All lights work 100% in the light tests. None of the lights are oddly flickering or anything, either they work great for minutes at a time or don't. It seems as though the lights aren't always getting sent the signal to light when they should. Please advise!

#19863 2 years ago

Sparky finished!

F7E0C7FC-C408-4BE1-9F17-BED3ABFE50EB (resized).jpegF7E0C7FC-C408-4BE1-9F17-BED3ABFE50EB (resized).jpeg
#19864 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Need some tech help. Here are my two intermittent issues:
-The coffin ball lock only lights up when there's a ball locked (lights and stays solid) or blinks when triggered by an inlane switch. Otherwise it's dead, which means it does not light when you hit it. (flasher works fine)
-Sparky has a similar problem - the progress lights are occasionally dead for stretches of time.
All lights work 100% in the light tests. None of the lights are oddly flickering or anything, either they work great for minutes at a time or don't. It seems as though the lights aren't always getting sent the signal to light when they should. Please advise!

I would post this on Facebook stern thread. Get more eyes on it then here. It may be a bug in code so I would reload first but if not I’m not sure.

#19865 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Sparky finished!
[quoted image]

Look amazing!!! One of my favorite

#19866 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

I would post this on Facebook stern thread. Get more eyes on it then here. It may be a bug in code so I would reload first but if not I’m not sure.

Which FB Stern thread? I don't imagine you mean the manufacturer's thread. As for the code, I suppose it could be but after having it for years with zero issues that -seems- unlikely.

#19867 2 years ago
Quoted from Bulskis9298:

Look amazing!!! One of my favorite

Ray
BlindVoyeur

#19868 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Sparky finished!
[quoted image]

Of course I love the rat fink shirt!!

#19869 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Which FB Stern thread? I don't imagine you mean the manufacturer's thread. As for the code, I suppose it could be but after having it for years with zero issues that -seems- unlikely.

Stern pinball enthusiast

#19870 2 years ago

Hello! I recently brough home a Metallica Premium, my dream machine and an upgrade from my Pro.
I didn't have the hammer and coffin feature on my Pro so it's new to me.
The magnet seems to be sitting a little too low and I'm starting to see just a little wear around the hole. I have the Cliffy's ordered but was wondering if there is a way to make an adjustment, and also if it should be sitting lever to the playfield. It's only slightly lower (may 1-2 mm).
Any feedback is appreciated,
Thanks

#19871 2 years ago
Quoted from BZarrCaptain:

Hello! I recently brough home a Metallica Premium, my dream machine and an upgrade from my Pro.
The magnet seems to be sitting a little too low and I'm starting to see just a little wear around the hole. I have the Cliffy's ordered but was wondering if there is a way to make an adjustment, and also if it should be sitting lever to the playfield. It's only slightly lower (may 1-2 mm).
Thanks

You should post a pic if possible. It may be mushroomed and in need of replacement

#19872 2 years ago

Thanks

The Cliffys for my Metallica came with instructions for how to adjust magnet height

#19873 2 years ago
Magnet protector guide.pdfMagnet protector guide.pdf
#19875 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You should post a pic if possible. It may be mushroomed and in need of replacement

the magnet core can be removed from the game, filed or ground flat (again) and then replaced as well a number of times without having to replace it with a new one. it should be screwed back in so that it is level with the playfield before securing the lock nut.

#19876 2 years ago

I think he is talking about the coffin lock magnet guys, not sparky (or grave marker). I would have to look at my game to see about adjusting it, but I would guess there is a way.

#19877 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I think he is talking about the coffin lock magnet guys, not sparky (or grave marker). I would have to look at my game to see about adjusting it, but I would guess there is a way.

it adjusts the same way. the bottom has a straight blade screwdriver slot so that it can be "screwed" into the bracket holding it. a locknut secures it in place at the height that it's set.

#19878 2 years ago

The coffin magnet is bigger and I have no mushrooming on it or wear really at all so it holds up well. It should be level to the playfield.

My sparky magnet is getting worn again so time to address that soon. That magnet takes a beating.

#19879 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

The coffin magnet is bigger and I have no mushrooming on it or wear really at all so it holds up well. It should be level to the playfield.
My sparky magnet is getting worn again so time to address that soon. That magnet takes a beating.

Ya.. I've never filed one down.. just replaced with new.. but definitely gonna look into it closer when i get it back from a temporary trade.

#19880 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Yes, that's exactly what I meant to say. It's the only magnet not on the pro. Either way, I appreciate all the responses from everyone. They're all going to be very useful at some point, and I think I have a pretty good idea of how to adjust the magnet. Thanks everyone!

#19881 2 years ago

Yes, that's exactly what I meant to say. It's the only magnet not on the pro. Either way, I appreciate all the responses from everyone. They're all going to be very useful at some point, and I think I have a pretty good idea of how to adjust the magnet. Thanks everyone!

Don't forget to the proper steps for this:
1) Start the project
2) Discover your adjustable wrench is just a hair too small
3) Drop everything to go to the store to buy a bigger one.

#19882 2 years ago

I ordered backbox decals for a pro today. She said that stern has a new parts employee so hopefully they start shipping stuff. It’s crazy. Said she ordered roadshow decals a yr ago and still nothing.

#19883 2 years ago

Added spinners to my pro today from hooked on pinball. Definitely awesome but a pain to install. About two hrs but have to cut the plastics.

3BCDECE3-598D-46AB-AA63-C2FACF8743B3 (resized).jpeg3BCDECE3-598D-46AB-AA63-C2FACF8743B3 (resized).jpeg57B16CAF-4299-4DF3-A3B1-0263111DAA9D (resized).jpeg57B16CAF-4299-4DF3-A3B1-0263111DAA9D (resized).jpeg
#19884 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Added spinners to my pro today from hooked on pinball. Definitely awesome but a pain to install. About two hrs but have to cut the plastics.

How is the scoring tied in? Have a link?

#19885 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

How is the scoring tied in? Have a link?

I never heard of this.

#19886 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I never heard of this.

Looks like they are tied into the pics

#19887 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Looks like they are tied into the pics

They are so it would effect game play. The spinners would award way to many pics and advance Blackened mode as well as other things.

#19888 2 years ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

They are so it would effect game play. The spinners would award way to many pics and advance Blackened mode as well as other things.

Don't think that's how the scoring works

#19889 2 years ago

...so a ripped spinner would award a pick for each spin? Drum sound as its spinning, and score? Is there at connector existing to connect to under the PF?

#19890 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

...so a ripped spinner would award a pick for each spin? Drum sound as its spinning, and score? Is there at connector existing to connect to under the PF?

Once it's lit you need to collect the other three band members. It's usually hooked up to the the pic target beside the right ramp(forget who it is!) It also has the audio of a spinner ripping .. it's not tied into the scoring code of the premium/LE, but looks rad on the pro's! Nice mod imo!

#19891 2 years ago

You have made a BASTARDIZED game when you do this. It’s not so much the scoring but it does affect collecting the picks. It’s not coded for it on the pro…if you want spinners buy a premium or LE.

#19892 2 years ago

Yeah everybody. Pick up your premiums at METS R US. Everyday great prices.

#19893 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Yeah everybody. Pick up your premiums at METS R US. Everyday great prices.

I hear ya….but once you start “hacking” in mods that affect scoring/rules it becomes a problem…one for tournaments as I for sure would never allow that game in tournament play. Secondly down the road most collectors will want original playing games.

It’s just a shame something as simple as a spinner was not on the pro…..but on the flip side they did run this game for like 5 years so there was PLENTY of time for people to get one…..street price of a premium was 6400 shipped……compared to new game prices today that’s a bargain. Plenty of premiums were sold so they are out there but your gonna have to pay for it. It is what it is.

#19894 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I hear ya….but once you start “hacking” in mods that affect scoring/rules it becomes a problem…one for tournaments as I for sure would never allow that game in tournament play. Secondly down the road most collectors will want original playing games.
It’s just a shame something as simple as a spinner was not on the pro…..but on the flip side they did run this game for like 5 years so there was PLENTY of time for people to get one…..street price of a premium was 6400 shipped……compared to new game prices today that’s a bargain. Plenty of premiums were sold so they are out there but your gonna have to pay for it. It is what it is.

What scoring does the spinner affect? It lights one guitar pic. that's it. No scoring

#19895 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

You have made a BASTARDIZED game when you do this. It’s not so much the scoring but it does affect collecting the picks. It’s not coded for it on the pro…if you want spinners buy a premium or LE.

Nobody is going to pay less for this game with this cool mod.

#19896 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Nobody is going to pay less for this game with this cool mod.

Sparky would want MORE... that lil bastard!

#19897 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

What scoring does the spinner affect? It lights one guitar pic. that's it. No scoring

It’s not that it affects the scoring so much but if it’s the pick you need for add a ball in a multi ball it makes it easier…so yes it affects game play. It’s a bastardized game IMO if you add this mod to a pro…the reason it’s done this way is the sound effect for the pick is the drum so you get the same sound as a Prem/LE. It’s your game so do what you want. Just saying that down the road there will be collectors that want “in hacked” games. If you think I am wrong then why do original MM/AFM/CC typically are valued higher than the remakes….the pro is a great game as is. If enough people bitch I am sure you can get Stern to make a spinner kit with supported code for the pro. Get a list of people interested and Stern would gladly take your $1K for $50 in parts and a small code update. Kind of shocked Stern has not capitalized on this already. Shit…some people have spent more than the cost of a premium to even add the rising cross to a pro. Missed opportunity by Stern.

#19898 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

but if it’s the pick you need for add a ball in a multi ball it makes it easier…so yes it affects game play.

you do not need to light just one pic target to add a ball on multiball.. you need to put it in the snakes mouth twice during mb after all 4 pics have been lit.
So that's just not true. You sound like a very strick tournament director! Hope you remember to have some fun when you're playing too! Cheers pickle!

#19899 2 years ago

I have sparky installed and he looks fantastic.a hand painte from t shirt ,talented artist for sure.
The best sparky I have seen IMHO.
Thanks ray.

2B613011-B915-48F9-8569-A5BA4D316D1A (resized).jpeg2B613011-B915-48F9-8569-A5BA4D316D1A (resized).jpeg405ADD13-6FB3-4B69-9FCC-E08D426BC145 (resized).jpeg405ADD13-6FB3-4B69-9FCC-E08D426BC145 (resized).jpeg
#19900 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

It’s your game so do what you want.

Gosh, you sure took a long toxic road to get to this message.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.50
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 398 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/398 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.