C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 395 of 434.
#19701 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ouch! Thank you for the information

Yeah, Alex and Geddy's callouts aren't very stimulating. They were joined and coached in the studio by pinball fan Ed Robertson from the Barenaked Ladies. (shows what he knows)

#19702 2 years ago

Rush already came and went for me. Metallica is a long term keeper. Just such a great game! Rush layout was too damn busy for me. Those scoops up close are just too much. Right in the middle of the damn playfield.

#19703 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Rush already came and went for me. Metallica is a long term keeper. Just such a great game! Rush layout was too damn busy for me. Those scoops up close are just too much. Right in the middle of the damn playfield.

Yea, I doubt I'll put any more $$$ into it. Just seems so uninspiring, especially when the pin before I played was Godzilla.

#19704 2 years ago

I just wanted to share my love for this game and Dirty Donny and of course Metallica. I own a pro and love the flow of this game. Dirty Donny is one of my favorite artist. So this game is a keeper for me. I've owned mine for the past 4 years. So, I made my own game blades with Donny artwork. I think they turned out great. Some may not like them and some might. Im not selling these and I'm not giving out the artwork, but I just wanted to show them.

IMG_6818 (resized).JPGIMG_6818 (resized).JPG
#19705 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I just wanted to share my love for this game and Dirty Donny and of course Metallica. I own a pro and love the flow of this game. Dirty Donny is one of my favorite artist. So this game is a keeper for me. I've owned mine for the past 4 years. So, I made my own game blades with Donny artwork. I think they turned out great. Some may not like them and some might. Im not selling these and I'm not giving out the artwork, but I just wanted to show them.
[quoted image]

Looks great!

#19706 2 years ago

Need some help with my slingshots. They are super weak and just lob the ball back and forth and I can’t figure out why. New rubber, new switches (left side only just to see if it helped for now) and the coil sleeves are not very dirty at all. I’m at a loss, any advice at this point would be greatly appreciated.

#19707 2 years ago

Could be a lot of things:
Mushroomed coil plunger
Mushroomed bracket stop
Worn sleeves
Worn out armature link
To much play in the linkage/bushing
Wrong size rubber

#19708 2 years ago

Those Look great.
The best Metallica blades I’ve seen.

Ive been looking for worthy Metallica blades for years.
Have bought the two best sets that I could find, haven’t installed either one because I don’t like them.

However, I Do Not understand the “not sharing” part. But That’s just me.

Quoted from bicyclenut:

Im not selling these and I'm not giving out the artwork, but I just wanted to show them.
[quoted image]

#19709 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Those Look great.
Have bought the two best sets that I could find, haven’t installed either one because I don’t like them.

It's Dirty Donnie's artwork so think it's proper not to market it without some kind of approval.

#19710 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

It's Dirty Donnie's artwork so think it's proper not to market it without some kind of approval.

This is exactly correct. It's Donnys art, I just used my photoshop skills to put his art on some blades. Out of respect for the artist, Im not giving out what I have done.

#19711 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Those Look great.

Definitely don't give away someone else's work without their commission. Which sets do you have? I have the creeping death set on mine but have scratches on them from lifting the playfield. I now have a new set (thanks to my pinside SS) from hollograffix to instal and they look great!

#19712 2 years ago

I have the tilt graveyard blades
(Can’t bring myself to install them. Not my ideal choice)
And had retro flames over blue (gifted them to someone else)

Granted those hollograffix look really good.
I will likely get those unless I can somehow pull of those perfect DD art blades as posted above.
Those go so well with the DD art and pin overall. Perfect.

As much as I’ve been a Metallica fan,
I’m pinhead and a bigger fan of pinball;
would prefer the DD art.

Sorry about the scratches on your creeping death blades. I know Those aren’t cheap.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Definitely don't give away someone else's work without their commission. Which sets do you have? I have the creeping death set on mine but have scratches on them from lifting the playfield. I now have a new set (thanks to my pinside SS) from hollograffix to instal and they look great!

#19713 2 years ago

Ya,we are going to do a group buy on some side art protectors to use when lifting the playfield. Would consider making some if anyone know a good way to to it! Anyone?!

#19714 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Ya,we are going to do a group buy on some side art protectors to use when lifting the playfield. Would consider making some if anyone know a good way to to it! Anyone?!

A roll of wax/parchment paper is the cheapest thing that I've used in the past to protect mirror blades. If you want to spend a few bucks, don't invent something new just buy what is already out there from PBL. They are only $35 https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#19715 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

A roll of wax/parchment paper is the cheapest thing that I've used in the past to protect mirror blades. If you want to spend a few bucks, don't invent something new just buy what is already out there from PBL. They are only $35 https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

I never lift a playfield without putting those in. All the years of slowly, carefully praying I didn't scratch anything.... These are awesome.

#19716 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Did the parchment paper hold up well?! I have some pretty serious gouges on my whirlwind and im almost afraid to install the art blades on it! I guess you could always double up the thickness if concerned they won't save the artblades! Interesting.. I'm going to give this a test trial! Thanks i realize the only other time i used parchment paper was to flatten some old playfield plastics in my oven.

#19717 2 years ago

I second the ones from PBL.They are really great i have had zero isues with them.

#19718 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I second the ones from PBL.They are really great i have had zero isues with them.

Ya. They do look pretty slick!

#19719 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Did the parchment paper hold up well?! I have some pretty serious gouges on my whirlwind and im almost afraid to install the art blades on it! I guess you could always double up the thickness if concerned they won't save the artblades! Interesting.. I'm going to give this a test trial! Thanks i realize the only other time i used parchment paper was to flatten some old playfield plastics in my oven.

Yea though I was still very careful mind you and it was only on the rare occasion that I needed to get in there. It's not a high traffic solution. My pins don't require a bunch of interventions fortunately. As soon as they do, I am ordering the PBL protectors (I actually have them saved in my cart for my next order regardless).

#19720 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

If you can afford a Pinball Machine, you can invest in some side blade protectors, best money ever spent on protectors from Pinball Life

thumbnail_IMG_6894 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_6894 (resized).jpg

#19722 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

If you can afford a Pinball Machine, you can invest in some side blade protectors, best money ever spent on protectors
[quoted image]

What's the worst money you ever spent on protectors? With shipping these would be over $50. I can think many things I'd rather spend $50 on! But I'm probably getting the set from nitro tho! I like them best!

#19723 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

What's the worst money you ever spent on protectors? With shipping these would be over $50. I can think many things I'd rather spend $50 on! But I'm probably getting the set from nitro tho! I like them best!

same exact thing as Pinball life has... no difference.... and $50 for not scratching the hell out of your side art ... I'm in

#19724 2 years ago

Anyone run across this yet? The ball is being ejected into the shooter lane way to hard. Is there a way to adjust this down? First time i have ever seen one act this way.

#19725 2 years ago

I don’t think there is a coil power adjustment on the trough in SAM games is there?

#19726 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Anyone run across this yet? The ball is being ejected into the shooter lane way to hard. Is there a way to adjust this down? First time i have ever seen one act this way.

How hard is way to hard? Mine is pretty stout and shakes the playfield a little bit doesn’t appear to be doing any damage

#19727 2 years ago

Its pretty hard. i just never heard it be that hard before .

#19728 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Can you post a video?

#19730 2 years ago

It never used to be that loud and hard.just started about a month ago.

#19731 2 years ago

My goal was to make the coffin shots on my pro a lot more fun for me to shoot. Three weeks of tinkering with 3 old animatronic skulls and 1 cigarette case and plenty of failure but I'm about done and I wanted to show it off.

20220216_195607 (resized).jpg20220216_195607 (resized).jpg20220313_190750 (resized).jpg20220313_190750 (resized).jpg
#19732 2 years ago

Thats one hell of a topper,even though i saw it earlier.Thats thinking outside the BOX!

#19733 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

It never used to be that loud and hard.just started about a month ago.

That’s how mine is. Maybe I’ve got an issue I didn’t know about lol. I’m currently chasing a slingshot issue.

#19734 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Mine is the same way.

Quoted from digitaldocc:

My goal was to make the coffin shots on my pro a lot more fun for me to shoot. Three weeks of tinkering with 3 old animatronic skulls and 1 cigarette case and plenty of failure but I'm about done and I wanted to show it off.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, amazing!! Great job, I'm sure if you wanted to make a few for sale there would be plenty of people who want one.

#19735 2 years ago

I know it never used to be that loud. I guess if a few more chime in and say the same, i wont worry about it .Im still trying to track down my powerblades problem.When the left side is hooked up it sets sparky off,few people have told me its the cross opto setting it off . I have never messed with the optos by the cross but in test mode thay all work fine.

#19736 2 years ago

That topper has come along way like the skulls being interactive. Mine is almost done waiting on my el mod for the sparky in the topper.Also have to adjust the snake head so when the eyes light up when the snake is lit in the game u can see them better. Its almost there........

#19738 2 years ago

I need to make a better video with the lights off. To much glare from everything else.See if i can get someone to hold the phone while i vid next time lol.

#19739 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I need to make a better video with the lights off. To much glare from everything else.See if i can get someone to hold the phone while i vid next time lol.

Incredible! Want to make one for me? lol

#19740 2 years ago

I can not tell u in words how much of a pain it was to make this thing. It still is not done yet .....But almost. Thanks i will take some pics and get some one with the lights off to vid, highlight how interactive it is with each mode.

#19741 2 years ago

Get a better vid up tomorrow night.

16472288194428361699145584239589 (resized).jpg16472288194428361699145584239589 (resized).jpg16472289243458829876894404330082 (resized).jpg16472289243458829876894404330082 (resized).jpg16472289556747840859847209197412 (resized).jpg16472289556747840859847209197412 (resized).jpg
#19742 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Best topper I've seen, by far. Did you 3D print everything?

#19743 2 years ago

Really the only thing that was printed was the cemetary arch,fellow pinsider was nice enough to print that from a free file i found online. The plastic under the arch where the green light is at, is the old plastic i had from the original snake plastic.Everything else was bought and shipped in.The wiring and the ton of light strips in it are still a mess im working on putting it in a harness right now.Im still waiting on getting the el wire for sparky in the topper ,not done yet but i am getting closer lol.

#19744 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I can not tell u in words how much of a pain it was to make this thing. It still is not done yet .....But almost. Thanks i will take some pics and get some one with the lights off to vid, highlight how interactive it is with each mode.

WOW! what a cool topper. you should add a headstone for Cliff

#19745 2 years ago

Oh if i knew someone with a 3d printer that would make me some stuff for this topper it would be on another level lol.

#19746 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I know it never used to be that loud. I guess if a few more chime in and say the same, i wont worry about it .Im still trying to track down my powerblades problem.When the left side is hooked up it sets sparky off,few people have told me its the cross opto setting it off . I have never messed with the optos by the cross but in test mode thay all work fine.

Best bet is to get rid of the power blades all together unfortunately... could never get my power blades to stay working long enough to play the game I love so much. I adjusted the optos , worked for awhile then came back. Just go get the regular creeping death side blades, or leave the power blades on and unhook them and get the Pinball Refinery Creeping Death Side Rails. The effect is pretty close to the power blades, and no problems at all.

thumbnail_IMG_6972 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_6972 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_6975 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_6975 (resized).jpg
#19747 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Oh if i knew someone with a 3d printer that would make me some stuff for this topper it would be on another level lol.

I have 3 3D printers. Hi, I'm Mike, nice to meet you. Now we know each other

#19748 2 years ago

looking for help .All magnets stopped working all at once .Has this happened to anyone ?

#19749 2 years ago

Bad fuse all good .

#19750 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Like I was telling Scott before his topper looks like Stern made it stock from the factory. It's awesome

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.50
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 29.95
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 395 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/395 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.