C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 394 of 434.
#19651 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Pretty sure Pinsound won’t work on a Stern.

Not accurate, it works stellar on my LOTR.

#19652 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Pretty sure Pinsound won’t work on a Stern.

pinwoofer

#19653 2 years ago

Dude selling an LE with barely any plays for Rush lol. Ive played Rush, it ain't Metallica. Bad move bro. Sale pending for $17,500

#19654 2 years ago

My Metallica pinball electric chair flashers #27 are always on. I have a led pro. I am getting 20v to the flashers but the 2 flashers come on when I turn the game on and stay on. Led bulbs get hot and smoke. When I test the #27 flasher in portals, nothing happens, they just stay on. Tried searching the forums but can't find anything. Any ideas?

#19655 2 years ago
Quoted from dfensch:

My Metallica pinball electric chair flashers #27 are always on. I have a led pro. I am getting 20v to the flashers but the 2 flashers come on when I turn the game on and stay on. Led bulbs get hot and smoke. When I test the #27 flasher in portals, nothing happens, they just stay on. Tried searching the forums but can't find anything. Any ideas?

Remove one flasher at a time to see if the result is the same (stuck on). If yes, see what transistor controls those flashers in schematics. It's probably wacked and you'll need to replace it.

#19656 2 years ago
Quoted from barakawins:

Remove one flasher at a time to see if the result is the same (stuck on). If yes, see what transistor controls those flashers in schematics. It's probably wacked and you'll need to replace it.

Thanks. It is the transistor.

#19657 2 years ago
Quoted from dfensch:

Thanks. It is the transistor.

If the return line is shorted to ground, it would also stay lit, so you can confirm with the connector unplugged for any continuity to ground.

#19658 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

If the return line is shorted to ground, it would also stay lit, so you can confirm with the connector unplugged for any continuity to ground.

Thanks! I tested the transistor with a meter and it shows transistor is bad

#19659 2 years ago

If some dude is selling a MOPLE for $17500 I will post mine for sale.

#19660 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

If some dude is selling a MOPLE for $17500 I will post mine for sale.

It said Sale Pending and ad pulled. That was for. MET LE though

Screenshot_20220219-082336_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220219-082336_Facebook (resized).jpg

#19662 2 years ago

Is anyone else using the Pinbladez from Pingraffix? Igot mine installed but they aren’t as noticeable and reactive to the sound as the ones I have seen in YouTube videos. I was wondering if people are going with darker playfield lights and positioning the control box in a certain way as to maximize the effects?

#19663 2 years ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

Is anyone else using the Pinbladez from Pingraffix? Igot mine installed but they aren’t as noticeable and reactive to the sound as the ones I have seen in YouTube videos. I was wondering if people are going with darker playfield lights and positioning the control box in a certain way as to maximize the effects?

Power Blades? I have them on mine and they are awesome. Post a video of yours, I'll let you know if they acting are similar to mine.

#19664 2 years ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

Have you adjusted the dial on the power box? Mine are very noticeable on a brightly lit playfield.

#19665 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Power Blades? I have them on mine and they are awesome. Post a video of yours, I'll let you know if they acting are similar to mine.

Mine are the Powebladez. I think they are different from the powerblades. I’ll get a video

73BEC66F-6580-45A3-B3C2-7479CEF29A13 (resized).jpeg73BEC66F-6580-45A3-B3C2-7479CEF29A13 (resized).jpeg
#19666 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Have you adjusted the dial on the power box? Mine are very noticeable on a brightly lit playfield.

I didn’t notice a dial when I installed it all. I’ll look again

#19667 2 years ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

I didn’t notice a dial when I installed it all. I’ll look again

Pinbladez from Pingraffix don't light up, Powerbladez are interactive with the game and light up. The pinblades may look like they light up as the game is played with the lights of the game going on and off. Pinbladez just stick to the inside of the cabinet, as do the Powerbladez but the Powerbladez have a power source on both sides that run to the front of the cabinet to a power box that has a dial that you can adjust the intensity of the bladez.......

#19668 2 years ago

I took a quick video. They are noticeable. They just don’t seem to be as noticeable or react to the sound as much as some of the ones I’ve seen in other peoples videos but I also didn’t realize there was a dial adjustment so I’ll try that

#19669 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Thanks! I adjusted the dial

#19670 2 years ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

I took a quick video. They are noticeable. They just don’t seem to be as noticeable or react to the sound as much as some of the ones I’ve seen in other peoples videos but I also didn’t realize there was a dial adjustment so I’ll try that

Looks to me like yours are turned all the way "up" so they aren't reacting to sounds, but always on. I also have the hemi mod flashers, but this clip shows what the blades look like on mine.

** Well, I took a video but can't get it to work here...

Yup!!! There ya go!

#19671 2 years ago

Anyone with the powerblades have a problem with it setting off sparky? My right side works perfect but the left side sets off sparky everytime i plug it in.

#19672 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Looks to me like yours are turned all the way "up" so they aren't reacting to sounds, but always on. I also have the hemi mod flashers, but this clip shows what the blades look like on mine.
** Well, I took a video but can't get it to work here...
Yup!!! There ya go!

The blades are definitely much more noticeable now. Probably wouldn’t have had to bother this group with this topic if the Pingraffix Powerbladez would come with instructions (or at least mine didn’t). I find it strange that I had to install them based on YouTube videos of other people installing them.

Quoted from Scott8806:

Anyone with the powerblades have a problem with it setting off sparky? My right side works perfect but the left side sets off sparky everytime i plug it in.

Fortunately mine aren’t doing that. I don’t even understand how the could do that since the only wiring I remember connecting to the machine is the supply power

#19673 2 years ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

The blades are definitely much more noticeable now. Probably wouldn’t have had to bother this group with this topic if the Pingraffix Powerbladez would come with instructions (or at least mine didn’t). I find it strange that I had to install them based on YouTube videos of other people installing them.

Fortunately mine aren’t doing that. I don’t even understand how the could do that since the only wiring I remember connecting to the machine is the supply power

Probably because of the opto sensors I would guess.

#19674 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Yes mine did it, took a while to figure it out, but like DudeRegular said, it was the opto sensors. I adjusted the right opto sensor on mine and it worked for awhile but came back. I elected to get rid of the powerbladez and got the pinbladez with Pinball Refinery Creeping Death Lighting Rails which have a great effect also....

thumbnail_IMG_6549 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_6549 (resized).jpg
#19675 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Yes mine did it, took a while to figure it out, but like DudeRegular said, it was the opto sensors. I adjusted the right opto sensor on mine and it worked for awhile but came back. I elected to get rid of the powerbladez and got the pinbladez with Pinball Refinery Creeping Death Lighting Rails which have a great effect also....
[quoted image]

That mod with the power blades is awesome too. They react just like the regular blades plus they light up.

#19676 2 years ago

Does anyone know if you can refit a new stern pro with the snap down lockbar with the older style lockbar receiver with the slide? I came into the armor my buddy removed from his LE but it has the older style lockbar and I have the new one.

#19677 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Does anyone know if you can refit a new stern pro with the snap down lockbar with the older style lockbar receiver with the slide? I came into the armor my buddy removed from his LE but it has the older style lockbar and I have the new one.

I’ve never done that before, but you’d have to get one of these i figure as a start

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-front-molding-lockdown-bar-receiver-assembly.html

#19678 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

It can be done, I swapped out all the armor on my Iron Man vault to the earlier style slide lock bar. Pretty simple swap.

#19679 2 years ago

Perfect, thanks guys.

#19680 2 years ago

and we're back. Technically joined the club in December but the machine has been on ice for two months while I was waiting on a board repair. Very excited to be up and running again.

20220225_182121 (resized).jpg20220225_182121 (resized).jpg
#19681 2 years ago

This is a first for me,somehow a ball got into the lower cabinet? This use to happen to my Dialed In,but this is a first for my Metallica. I'm not sure how it happened, maybe a snake shot, coffin lock,or the mystery scoop ?

#19682 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

This is a first for me,somehow a ball got into the lower cabinet? This use to happen to my Dialed In,but this is a first for my Metallica. I'm not sure how it happened, maybe a snake shot, coffin lock,or the mystery scoop ?

Hmm, I've been here since the beginning and this may be the first time Ive heard of that.

#19683 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Dialed in was usually from the trap door on the left side of the playfield. It could get to the point where a ball could fall through.

For MET though... Maybe a magnet issue with the hammer/coffin?

#19684 2 years ago

That’s all I can think of… somehow it’s getting out when the coffin lock mechanism does it’s thing.

#19685 2 years ago

First time posting in the MET club. I'm trying my luck at modding in some more fun to the MET pro captive ball coffin shot.

Does anyone know how to detect when that matrix stand up captive ball target is hit? I want to light up a led mod on every hit.

#19686 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Dialed in was usually from the trap door on the left side of the playfield. It could get to the point where a ball could fall through.
For MET though... Maybe a magnet issue with the hammer/coffin?

I noticed every once in awhile,I have a fathom hammer strike, and when this happens,the coffin magnet is below the playfield. And it's just a hole with no magnet below the hammer.
I've had a ball go in the hole , because the magnet wasn't there to capture the ball but it just falls into the coffin lock. That's probably what happened,but somehow it want into the cabinet instead of the coffin lock.
I think I read somewhere that this could be a magnet board issue?
When I got the game last May,it had less than 250 plays on it,and it still had the original code. So maybe the previous owner never replaced the magnet board,when other with this problem were getting a new magnet board from Stern.
It doesn't happen a lot,but maybe I should see if Stern thinks it's the magnet board?
Thanks everyone for your help.

#19687 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I noticed every once in awhile,I have a fathom hammer strike, and when this happens,the coffin magnet is below the playfield. And it's just a hole with no magnet below the hammer.
I've had a ball go in the hole , because the magnet wasn't there to capture the ball but it just falls into the coffin lock. That's probably what happened,but somehow it want into the cabinet instead of the coffin lock.
I think I read somewhere that this could be a magnet board issue?
When I got the game last May,it had less than 250 plays on it,and it still had the original code. So maybe the previous owner never replaced the magnet board,when other with this problem were getting a new magnet board from Stern.
It doesn't happen a lot,but maybe I should see if Stern thinks it's the magnet board?
Thanks everyone for your help.

That subway from the ball lock to eject is pretty stout and not really a place for the ball to fall out.

OP, are you sure that wasn't a ball that was just in the cab?

#19688 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That subway from the ball lock to eject is pretty stout and not really a place for the ball to fall out.

Yes I'm sure because I noticed that I only had three balls in play during coffin multiball. I checked the ball trough,and sure enough there was only three balls there.
The game did a ball search several times,but for some reason it couldn't find it inside of the cabinet.
The game is playing great again, once I added the cabinet ball back.And like I said,I only get the phantom hammer strikes every once in awhile,and this is the first time thay I had an issue.
I'm still not 100 % sure that this is when the ball dropped into the cabinet?

#19689 2 years ago

Has someone created a song mod for the metallica LE v1.80 that can be downloaded without creating your own sound mod using pinball browser? If so, where can I find it? And how can we make a donation to the cause?

#19690 2 years ago

Was stressed from work shIt today.
Fired up Met Prem and turned volume right up.
Hit Seek and Destroy….
Was making all the shots..
Walked away with a massive smile on my face
This pin just has the best ever Grand Champ call out
“ You are the Master!”

#19691 2 years ago

Jack Fucking Pot! He’s fucked now! This game has so many great call outs. One of the many things that makes this such a great game.

#19692 2 years ago
Quoted from BuckhornBlack:

Has someone created a song mod for the metallica LE v1.80 that can be downloaded without creating your own sound mod using pinball browser? If so, where can I find it? And how can we make a donation to the cause?

Yes. Several versions, all listed in this thread.

Judas Priest
Heavy Metal Xmas
Regular Xmas music

#19693 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Dude selling an LE with barely any plays for Rush lol. Ive played Rush, it ain't Metallica. Bad move bro. Sale pending for $17,500

I’d never sell Met regardless of new Stern.
No thanks.

#19694 2 years ago
Quoted from plovis:

and we're back. Technically joined the club in December but the machine has been on ice for two months while I was waiting on a board repair. Very excited to be up and running again.
[quoted image]

Welcome, one of the greatest Games on earth!

#19695 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Jack Fucking Pot! He’s fucked now! This game has so many great call outs. One of the many things that makes this such a great game.

It really is. I played Rush again today and its the same designer, Borg, with many of the same call out verbiage, but having Metallica do most of the call outs, vs some generic voice just takes it to a whole new level. Hopefully I own many pins in my life, Metallica will always be in whatever collection I have which is currently one pin LOL

#19696 2 years ago

A common problem on MET is that one of the drop targets drops without being hit. I’ve been living with mine like that for several months and finally decided to fix it today. Removing the mechanism is pretty easy: just 2 connectors and 4 wood screws.

30B4FD1A-102F-495D-883C-AEDBE03D2629 (resized).jpeg30B4FD1A-102F-495D-883C-AEDBE03D2629 (resized).jpeg

I also removed the coil and opto board to make it easier to get to things. The drop target “lip” was fine, and I could see that the problem was that when it resets, it sits back farther than the other drops. The fix for this was to add another washer behind the bottom of the target, to help push the top forward. This is shown in the yellow circled area (before adding the washer):

49007390-86B0-4E55-A44D-20B6642E78DC (resized).jpeg49007390-86B0-4E55-A44D-20B6642E78DC (resized).jpeg

To do this, I had to remove the 3 e-clips and the bottom rod. The rod was really stuck until I twisted it a few times with some vice grips. Overall, it’s not an easy fix but it seems to work really well! I’ll report back if this fix created any new problems.

#19697 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing. I have the same issue and your post here really helped.

Question. Would it be possible to cut a rubber washer for the gap? To perhaps make it easier, so then no need to pull rod etc ?
U think that would work?

Quoted from swampfire:

The fix for this was to add another washer behind the bottom of the target, to help push the top forward. This is shown in the yellow circled area (before adding the washer):
[quoted image]
To do this, I had to remove the 3 e-clips and the bottom rod. The rod was really stuck until I twisted it a few times with some vice grips. Overall, it’s not an easy fix but it seems to work really well! I’ll report back if this fix created any new problems.

#19698 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Would it be possible to cut a rubber washer for the gap? To perhaps make it easier, so then no need to pull rod etc ?
U think that would work?

That’s what my son suggested. I think it would work as long as it went behind the existing washer. You need something that the drop target can slide against without catching. Plastic would work too. It really wasn’t too bad removing the e-clips and the rod. I’ll be doing it again soon, to install translucent drops.

#19699 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It really is. I played Rush again today and its the same designer, Borg, with many of the same call out verbiage, but having Metallica do most of the call outs, vs some generic voice just takes it to a whole new level. Hopefully I own many pins in my life, Metallica will always be in whatever collection I have which is currently one pin LOL

The callouts on Rush aren’t generic. The band does the callouts.

#19700 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

The callouts on Rush aren’t generic. The band does the callouts.

Ouch! Thank you for the information

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,600 (OBO)
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 149.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 394 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/394?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.