C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 390 of 434.
#19451 2 years ago

I have El wire and inverters on hand and use it to light the engines on the SW falcon. I am not familiar with this mod. Is it always on or is it interactive? Is there a pic of it somewhere?

#19452 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have El wire and inverters on hand and use it to light the engines on the SW falcon. I am not familiar with this mod. Is it always on or is it interactive? Is there a pic of it somewhere?

Here is a link to the picture of it. The wires light up with sparky hits.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sparky-helmet-modopinions#post-2267630

#19453 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Pretty sure mine is hooked up to a flasher. It goes on when he shakes. Not super bright, you kinda have to look for it, as the flashers wash it out a little.

#19454 2 years ago

looks like it hooks into the spotlight flasher to the left of sparky. I don't think it's a terribly difficult mod to make. I'll make a proto on mine and then will see how it looks. El wire is not particular bright in well lit areas, it kind of gets washed out, it's great in very dark areas. First, I am going to check with Mezelmods to see if they are still or will do more runs of it so I am not duplicating their work.

I think Mezelmods may have discontinued it due to reliability so I don't think I really want to go down that road.

#19455 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The mod is interactive and hooks up to the Sparky Spotlight Flasher. If you play with the lights off, you can see it very well, but with normal lighting a bit harder.

thumbnail_IMG_5528 (resized).pngthumbnail_IMG_5528 (resized).png
#19456 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

The mod is interactive and hooks up to the Sparky Spotlight Flasher. If you play with the lights off, you can see it very well, but with normal lighting a bit harder.
[quoted image]

I'm not a fan of that dual-color version. Much prefer a single EL wire to the helmet. Looks better, and makes more sense (for an actual electrocution helmet).

#19457 2 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I'm not a fan of that dual-color version. Much prefer a single EL wire to the helmet. Looks better, and makes more sense (for an actual electrocution helmet).

I added the blue wire, it doesn't actually light up like the orange, just a piece I picked up and added to the orange. I have blue spotlight flashers, and it really sets off the blue nicely, but whats nice is I can take the blue off anytime and change to another color, if I want to change the color of the spots.....

#19458 2 years ago

Found this from Pinball Decals, Inc ... pretty spendy and not much info about it

thumbnail_IMG_5530 (resized).pngthumbnail_IMG_5530 (resized).png
#19459 2 years ago

Recieved maffewls plastic protectors today, great fit and look. I had his purple ones on for over 200 games, no issues, I just like the look of green better. Thanks, highly recommend.

20220105_155121 (resized).jpg20220105_155121 (resized).jpg20220105_155124 (resized).jpg20220105_155124 (resized).jpg20220105_155151 (resized).jpg20220105_155151 (resized).jpg20220105_155154 (resized).jpg20220105_155154 (resized).jpg20220105_155157 (resized).jpg20220105_155157 (resized).jpg
#19460 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Found this from Pinball Decals, Inc ... pretty spendy and not much info about it
[quoted image]

Yikes! What a rip. Same place sells a Metallica belt buckle that you can find for $10 as a "custom sign" for $75.

#19461 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Recieved maffewls plastic protectors today, great fit and look. I had his purple ones on for over 200 games, no issues, I just like the look of green better. Thanks, highly recommend.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey @hayfarmer, they look amazing! Especially in the black light. And really appreciate the kind words. May want to double check the sling protectors. Looks like they are switched. The one with the circular cutout goes on the right sling to allow for the ball return. Wanted to make sure that didn’t mess with the drop. Thanks again!

#19462 2 years ago

How do I order the metallica glowing green protectors? Also, are there any flourescent protectors for the remaining plastics?

#19463 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Hey Hayfarmer, they look amazing! Especially in the black light. And really appreciate the kind words. May want to double check the sling protectors. Looks like they are switched. The one with the circular cutout goes on the right sling to allow for the ball return. Wanted to make sure that didn’t mess with the drop. Thanks again!

You are right! Was in a hurry, we are having a blizzard with 30 mph winds, driveway is 1000 ft long and drifted in, so was wanting to get the tractor fired up. Good eye, will swap tmrw!

#19465 2 years ago

I bought a Metallica premium last week. Are there any issues with this game that are common enough that I should consider having some spare parts on hand that may be hard to find in the future? Thanks for the help

E03B04EE-F454-44BD-8646-2D3F024CA15B (resized).jpegE03B04EE-F454-44BD-8646-2D3F024CA15B (resized).jpeg
#19466 2 years ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

I bought a Metallica premium last week. Are there any issues with this game that are common enough that I should consider having some spare parts on hand that may be hard to find in the future? Thanks for the help
[quoted image]

Not really. I keep a spare magnet core on-hand but you can easily recondition yours when it gets worn instead of replacing. If you don't have a Sparky airball protector plastic get one, as well as protectors around the magnets (either mylar or carbon-fiber style work well).

#19467 2 years ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

[quoted image]

Coil stops and sleeves from pinball life for sure. Not hard to get, but nice to have on hand when the fail.

#19468 2 years ago

Hello everyone. Just wanted to stop by and let you all know that I wish I were part of this club. I am on the list for Godzilla Premium in March ONLY because they aren't making Metallica anymore. I've been a fan of them for a long time, saw them on the Justice tour up close. James was a beast. The pin is so fun to play. So I envy all of you, wish you the best. Enjoy. (Yea, maybe I am crying just a little bit, lol)

#19469 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Hello everyone. Just wanted to stop by and let you all know that I wish I were part of this club. I am on the list for Godzilla Premium in March ONLY because they aren't making Metallica anymore. I've been a fan of them for a long time, saw them on the Justice tour up close. James was a beast. The pin is so fun to play. So I envy all of you, wish you the best. Enjoy. (Yea, maybe I am crying just a little bit, lol)

Try the marketplace on this site and see if you can locate a used one.

#19470 2 years ago

Couple new owner questions-
1) is there a setting to make the background music louder so the volume doesn’t have to be cranked and the call outs loud as hell?

2) colorDmd- a must? Did you go lcd or led?

3) chrome t molding, who’s changed that out for a solid color and what color did you go with? Any issues?

Thanks all!

#19471 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmezz:

1) is there a setting to make the background music louder so the volume doesn’t have to be cranked and the call outs loud as hell?
3) chrome t molding, who’s changed that out for a solid color and what color did you go with? Any issues?
Thanks all!

For your first question, yes. Enter service menu / adj / s.p.i / and scroll until you see music volume

#19472 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmezz:

Thanks all!

This is what I used on my AC/DC T-Molding swap. . Haven't done the MET yet, but plan on it soon. 3/4" very easy to do. No issues. I'm sure they have other colors...
As far as the ColorDmd I went with LCD,

thumbnail_IMG_5578 (resized).pngthumbnail_IMG_5578 (resized).png
#19473 2 years ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

For your first question, yes. Enter service menu / adj / s.p.i / and scroll until you see music volume

You want to go under game adjustments, and find the pair of settings for music and voices. The numbers are setting attenuation, so they seem backwards - increase the number to lower the volume. I like +5 on voice and -5 on music.

#19474 2 years ago

I have the LCD color dmd set to scan mode and I really dig the look.

#19475 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I have the LCD color dmd set to scan mode and I really dig the look.

Happen to have any pics or video?
Thanks!

#19476 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmezz:

Happen to have any pics or video?
Thanks!

Go Chiefs!

20220109_221154.jpg20220109_221154.jpg20220109_221159.jpg20220109_221159.jpg
#19477 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Go Chiefs!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice!! Thank you!!

Go Chiefs!!!

#19478 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Go Chiefs!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Go Seahawks,,, and take the Mariners with you

#19479 2 years ago

Is there a setting so you can change or select a different song each new ball, like Iron Maiden you pick the song before each launch.
Thanks!

#19480 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmezz:

Is there a setting so you can change or select a different song each new ball, like Iron Maiden you pick the song before each launch.
Thanks!

No sir.

#19481 2 years ago

Nope. You pick Creeping Death and you rock Creeping Death for the whole game.

#19482 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Nope. You pick Creeping Death and you rock Creeping Death for the whole game.

actually, you pick a song before you plunge your 1st ball and you are in that song until you complete it and then you can select a new song.

you may enter other modes that will change the song, but once you complete or exit that mode (eg. a multi-ball mode), it will revert back to the song that you selected at the time in the song that you left off.

it can be a brutal game sometimes (like most john borg titles), so you may be rocking the same song for the entire game (as short as that may be

#19483 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

actually, you pick a song before you plunge your 1st ball and you are in that song until you complete it and then you can select a new song.
you may enter other modes that will change the song, but once you complete or exit that mode (eg. a multi-ball mode), it will revert back to the song that you selected at the time in the song that you left off.
it can be a brutal game sometimes (like most john borg titles), so you may be rocking the same song for the entire game (as short as that may be

You only select one song at start of game and that song is the default song for entire game. Song does not change gameplay and only your background music. You technically select songs in crank it up modes but that's only for those special modes. You don't really have regular modes in MET that you start and progress to some ending. You have some modes that kick in once you complete an objective like Fuel or Seek and Destroy. These modes have their own songs that play while that mode is active. Main objective is too light inserts and collect shots to advance to next crank it up mode. That is what I like most about MET. You don't get stuck into playing the same modes over and over to advance the game. No modes that you keep repeating to get points. You can pretty much shoot for anything at any point during the game.

#19484 2 years ago

I am having a problem with the coil test. None of the tests happen when I select individual or all to test? There is some message on the top that reads 9V disabled but not sure if that has anything to do with it. Anyone had this issue?
Also my knocker stopped working? Do they g out after awhile? thats why i am trying to get to the coil test.
Thanks!

#19485 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I am having a problem with the coil test. None of the tests happen when I select individual or all to test? There is some message on the top that reads 9V disabled but not sure if that has anything to do with it. Anyone had this issue?
Also my knocker stopped working? Do they g out after awhile? thats why i am trying to get to the coil test.
Thanks!

Is the interlock switch pulled when you testing?

#19486 2 years ago

Pull out the white button on left side of coindoor frame to enable solenoid voltage.

#19487 2 years ago

Thanks, I dont think I saw that mentioned in the manual or skipped over it?

#19488 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Thanks, I dont think I saw that mentioned in the manual or skipped over it?

That is a safety feature that disconnects the higher voltage when the coin door is open to prevent from accidental electrocution. This way by pulling it out you knowingly enable the high voltage again needed to operate the coils. Feature I believe is in most, if not all modern games.

#19489 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

That is a safety feature that disconnects the higher voltage when the coin door is open to prevent from accidental electrocution. This way by pulling it out you knowingly enable the high voltage again needed to operate the coils. Feature I believe is in most, if not all modern games.

There was a run of Sterns that didn’t have it. My GOT Premium doesn’t have one and I believe the initial runs of DP also didn’t. Not sure if others but know there are some.

#19490 2 years ago

Hello,
I’ve got a met premium. The coffin magnet is locked on. I checked the ohms on the magnet and it still is reading 4.7. No broken wires on the magnet.
I pulled the board and looked at the resistor, no evidence of it being burned up. It looks like I need a new magnet board.
My question is: any way to test the old board? what else should I check prior to installing a new board? Maybe a failed transistor somewhere that caused it to lock on?
I believe this is a fairly common problem with this machine.
Thanks for any help

#19491 2 years ago

Does anyone know who made this Sparky Topper? Definitely want this!!!

15BC3676-351A-46E8-9732-226BC36CCA75 (resized).png15BC3676-351A-46E8-9732-226BC36CCA75 (resized).png
#19492 2 years ago
Quoted from Bestshore:

Hello,
I’ve got a met premium. The coffin magnet is locked on. I checked the ohms on the magnet and it still is reading 4.7. No broken wires on the magnet.
I pulled the board and looked at the resistor, no evidence of it being burned up. It looks like I need a new magnet board.
My question is: any way to test the old board? what else should I check prior to installing a new board? Maybe a failed transistor somewhere that caused it to lock on?
I believe this is a fairly common problem with this machine.
Thanks for any help

Check the transistor on the magnet board using a DMM, it is most likely shorted.

Put the black lead of your DMM on the center lead or on the metal tab of the transistor. Put the red lead of your DMM on each of the two outside legs of the transistor one at a time. You should get a reading of .4 to .6 volts. Any other value, and the transistor is bad and will need to be replaced.

#19493 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

[quoted image]

Dido

#19494 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

[quoted image]

TiltTopper

#19495 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

[quoted image]

Yea TiltTopper made them but if I recall scrapped the project and never made for production or sold. I think a couple are floating around, but never really available for purchase (unfortunately)

#19496 2 years ago

They made me one not too long ago..

#19497 2 years ago

He made me one as well. Even though they were no longer in production, he found the original mold and was able to produce several more and may have made some extra. Contact him at Tilt Topper and he may have some for sale, but be prepared to wait for them.

Good luck.

#19498 2 years ago

Definitely worth the wait!!

#19499 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

He made me one as well. Even though they were no longer in production, he found the original mold and was able to produce several more and may have made some extra. Contact him at Tilt Topper and he may have some for sale, but be prepared to wait for them.
Good luck.

I will thank you

#19500 2 years ago

Bundy
Thanks for letting me know about the transistor on the magnet board.
Any chance you know which transistor I can use to replace?
The original, I was told, SPP15P10PL, is no longer being produced.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 29.95
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 25.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 390 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/390?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.