2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,662 posts in this topic. You are on page 379 of 434.
#18901 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Purple looks great. Do you just take the original legs etc to a powder coater and ask to have them done or do you buy a second set without the textured finish?
Also is your purple textured finish or smooth?

Smooth finish on my purple met. I took my original legs and rails and the powdercoater strips the original finish to bare metal with chemical stripper. Then he powdercoats them. I have a spare set for Williams games so I can just take the spares to get finished and swap them out when I'm done. Then the old original stainless pieces become my spares for the next time I do it.

#18902 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Smooth finish on my purple met. I took my original legs and rails and the powdercoater strips the original finish to bare metal with chemical stripper. Then he powdercoats them. I have a spare set for Williams games so I can just take the spares to get finished and swap them out when I'm done. Then the old original stainless pieces become my spares for the next time I do it.

Excellent thanks for the info. Oh Btw what PC colour is it?

#18903 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Excellent thanks for the info. Oh Btw what PC colour is it?

79B98206-1BA5-4E6C-A388-AE615CD75FF5 (resized).jpeg79B98206-1BA5-4E6C-A388-AE615CD75FF5 (resized).jpeg
#18904 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Yeah. I have one of his kits in my Met, and it's great.
I would like to do four other SAM games and don't know of an alternative.
Anyone have any ideas?

I am working on doing 6 of them at the moment. Trying to make the kit plug and play. I have the connectors, just need to get them assembled. Pretty simple upgrade.

IMG_7680 (resized).jpgIMG_7680 (resized).jpg
#18905 2 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I am working on doing 6 of them at the moment. Trying to make the kit plug and play. I have the connectors, just need to get them assembled. Pretty simple upgrade.
[quoted image]

Thats a nice collection of knockers

Placed my order

#18906 2 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:I am working on doing 6 of them at the moment. Trying to make the kit plug and play. I have the connectors, just need to get them assembled. Pretty simple upgrade.
[quoted image]

I'd love two of them - where do I order?

#18907 2 years ago

Where do you order a knocker?

#18908 2 years ago

Nice set of knockers you got there.

#18909 2 years ago

Real knockers are so much better than fake.

#18910 2 years ago

Put me down for a knocker please.

#18911 2 years ago

I'm working on completing the initial kit together. I want these to be as simple to install as possible. Plus giving you the option to install it in the head as well as the cabinet. The metal cabinets may be tricky. I will keep everyone posted on the progress. I will be on vacation for the next couple weeks, but I will update info when I have something done. Thanks!

#18912 2 years ago

I'd like to order a knocker kit as well.
Can you add me to the list and LMK when I can pay.

Thanks!

#18913 2 years ago

just a quick question regarding the start button. Would the spike 2 start buttons fit or work on a SAM cabinet so you don't have a recessed hole showing? Has anyone tried this also on a spike 1 system? Looking at my Jurassic park it seems a cleaner look and hides any misalignments of the decal in that area

#18914 2 years ago

Could someone tell me what color lights the premium uses around the sling shots/lanes?

#18915 2 years ago

I’d be in for a wiring kit as I already have the knocker coil and strike plate installed in my cabinet. Can you do something like that? Probably take another whole kit for my SM too. Thanks!

#18916 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Could someone tell me what color lights the premium uses around the sling shots/lanes?

Red, white, and blue.

6A66E389-6714-4ED0-A50C-D6C6AEAE4B8B (resized).jpeg6A66E389-6714-4ED0-A50C-D6C6AEAE4B8B (resized).jpeg
#18917 2 years ago

I just played for about an hour, and honestly, is there a better total package out there? Theme, code, music, art, callouts, full band participation, lighting are all stellar. Still the best pin I've ever owned.

#18918 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

just a quick question regarding the start button. Would the spike 2 start buttons fit or work on a SAM cabinet so you don't have a recessed hole showing? Has anyone tried this also on a spike 1 system? Looking at my Jurassic park it seems a cleaner look and hides any misalignments of the decal in that area

I don’t think so, unless you shave some wood off the SAM hole.

#18919 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

OK thanks

#18920 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I just played for about an hour, and honestly, is there a better total package out there? Theme, code, music, art, callouts, full band participation, lighting are all stellar. Still the best pin I've ever owned.

Ghostbusters comes to mind for me

#18921 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

To each his own but I don't feel the same.
Theme is obviously subjective.
Code is refreshing that it's different but too convoluted. How many coffin shots do I need? Oh let me trap up and skip through a bunch of worthless info to get the only thing I care about. I guess I like mode driven games better.
Music is top notch.
Art is good enough.
Call outs are meh for me. Have you seen a snake puke?
I don't understand the full band participation. What did they participate on?
I agree the lighting can be stellar.
It's a fun pin. Maybe mine shoots so hard that I don't get very far. It's a fun pin but out of my 11 owned, I might put it last or close to it. Just not for me. It shoots smooth and I have fun playing it. Not best in any category tho.

#18922 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

This is a family site sir!

#18923 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Code is refreshing that it's different but too convoluted. How many coffin shots do I need? Oh let me trap up and skip through a bunch of worthless info to get the only thing I care about. I guess I like mode driven games better.
Music is top notch.
Art is good enough.
It's a fun pin. Maybe mine shoots so hard that I don't get very far. It's a fun pin but out of my 11 owned, I might put it last or close to it. Just not for me. It shoots smooth and I have fun playing it. Not best in any category tho.

Blasphemer!

Tbh, some fair points in there. Met is not a PERFECT game but imo is a very good one with a whole lot of replay value.

Your collection has some real bangers in it so I'm not sure where I'd rank Met there either. My collection doesn't have nearly as much fire power in it so to me, it's way up on my list. But to each their own, yknow? We're all looking for different things on pinball and there's very rarely ONE "right" answer. Glad to see WCS anchoring a spot there however..I LOVE my WCS!

Fwiw I love most of the callouts on Met but the snake ones are definitely a bit goofy. Still beats the ridiculous callouts on my black knight sword of rage, lol. Talk about cheesy AF.

#18924 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Owned gb. Not even close .

#18925 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Music is top notch.
Art is good enough.

I have a buddy lookin for met. Happy to buy if you're looking to sell. In washington state, so not too far away.

#18926 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Owned gb. Not even close .

I still own both and still sticking to my comment

#18927 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I sill own both and sticking to my comment

Hey, im not arguing , both games are good, in different ways. The soundtrack on gb is what killed it for me.

#18928 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hey, im not arguing , both games are good, in different ways. The soundtrack on gb is what killed it for me.

GB is a fun game and I *LOVE* the We Are Ready to Believe You mode (wish more games had quirky alt modes like that which you could just jump into immediately from the menu)...but for me, GB isn't even close. Good game though.

#18929 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’d be in for a wiring kit as I already have the knocker coil and strike plate installed in my cabinet. Can you do something like that? Probably take another whole kit for my SM too. Thanks!

I have all of the connectors to make the kits, the one thing I am still working on is the best way to connect the 50 volts. There isn't any open connector to tie into. I can either supply enough wire to solder onto one of the existing coils, or include a connector to clamp onto the power wire. Neither of which I prefer. I was wanting to make it a plug and play kit.

#18930 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If I ever need to sell my Met goes last.#1 music pin only thing close is led zepp and maiden

#18931 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

This is a family site sir!

Hey, I can’t control where the minds of the depraved may wander…

#18932 2 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I have all of the connectors to make the kits, the one thing I am still working on is the best way to connect the 50 volts. There isn't any open connector to tie into. I can either supply enough wire to solder onto one of the existing coils, or include a connector to clamp onto the power wire. Neither of which I prefer. I was wanting to make it a plug and play kit.

PL sells this but I don’t know how to wire it in.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-50-volt-step-up-driver-pcb-assembly.html

#18933 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have a buddy lookin for met. Happy to buy if you're looking to sell. In washington state, so not too far away.

I have someone looking at it this weekend. If that falls through I'll let you know. It plays fast and smooth. Several lighting mods. I think the code is what doesn't work for me. I can maybe get to two crank it ups. Maybe my skills aren't working for me. Lol

#18934 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I have someone looking at it this weekend. If that falls through I'll let you know. It plays fast and smooth. Several lighting mods. I think the code is what doesn't work for me. I can maybe get to two crank it ups. Maybe my skills aren't working for me. Lol

I haven only got to three one time. So still a good ways from End of the Line. Honestly I kinda don't want to get there too quickly. Most of the games end up leaving once I get to the end.

#18935 2 years ago

Yes, I have the those boards. I know how to do the wiring, just wanted the kits to be very simple to install for everyone. The 50 volt connection is the last piece of the puzzle to make it easy.

#18936 2 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Yes, I have the those boards. I know how to do the wiring, just wanted the kits to be very simple to install for everyone. The 50 volt connection is the last piece of the puzzle to make it easy.

Plug and play is what I was looking for as as a buyer so keep fighting the good fight

#18937 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm looking to trade my MET Premium (monsters). for a Hobbit or another JJP title, LOTR or possibly another Stern PREMIUM.

#18938 2 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Sweet, can I buy a wiring harness from you assuming that I already have the board and the coil assembly? Much appreciated!

#18939 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Red, white, and blue.
[quoted image]

Thanks! Any one try this color combo on the pro?

#18940 2 years ago

My pro that I had last year had GI colors similar to the premium.

#18941 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Thanks! Any one try this color combo on the pro?

I don't think the game will controls the GI colors on a pro like the premium does.

#18942 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

#18943 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

All good I'm just foolin with ya. No malice intended

I enjoy both equally as they provide different skill/strategy appeal. Jp is another with very different layout appeall

#18944 2 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

My pro that I had last year had GI colors similar to the premium.

That came out nice for a pro.

#18945 2 years ago

Looking for some advice from you owners. I am looking at possibly making an offer on a Metallica, but.... one thing about it worries me.

If this is a common issue I apologize in advance, I dont much on the game. But.... the playfield has seemed to have sunken in around the sparky magnet. Is this common? Or is this something I should walk away from? I know about magnets mushrooming on other games, but have never seen it where it actually pulls the playfield surface down.

Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.

5A956FF9-5C04-4710-B984-62C1FCE3123D (resized).jpeg5A956FF9-5C04-4710-B984-62C1FCE3123D (resized).jpegD3977377-AD2C-4803-B22F-8D653E13160F (resized).jpegD3977377-AD2C-4803-B22F-8D653E13160F (resized).jpegEDA56AEC-838F-488A-B490-B3EAEB31F87C (resized).jpegEDA56AEC-838F-488A-B490-B3EAEB31F87C (resized).jpeg

#18946 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Looking for some advice from you owners. I am looking at possibly making an offer on a Metallica, but.... one thing about it worries me.
If this is a common issue I apologize in advance, I dont much on the game. But.... the playfield has seemed to have sunken in around the sparky magnet. Is this common? Or is this something I should walk away from? I know about magnets mushrooming on other games, but have never seen it where it actually pulls the playfield surface down.
Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Common and super easy to replace.

https://www.pinballlife.com/magnet-core-plug.html

Would not scare me off at all.

Also cliffy has nice protectors if you want to take further precaution.

#18947 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Common and super easy to replace.

Even with the wood being pulled down that much?

#18948 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/Metallica.htm

Super cheap for the protector and a magnet core and you are set.

#18949 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

The wood isn't being pulled down. The magnet was just installed a little too high and it mushroomed with all the airballs off of sparky. Get an extended plastic and a new magnet core.

#18950 2 years ago

That wood definitely looks pulled down to me. Like it mushroomed over and pushed it down. I had that happen on my Dirty Harry when I bought it. Was a super huge pain to fix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.95
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,662 posts in this topic. You are on page 379 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/379 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.