C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 378 of 434.
#18851 2 years ago

I would do clear plastic’s myself.

#18854 2 years ago

Just finished up modding my Met Pro. Here is a walk through video on my mods. The Pinstadiums are on point!!

#18855 2 years ago

The lcd is terrible and does not look correct at all! (My opinion).

#18856 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

You do have the color led version too. That's what I have as my preference.

#18857 2 years ago

Anyone have a lead on a replacement grave marker plastic? Mine is broken where the flasher is.

#18858 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

The lcd can be switched to look like the led, have you tried that?

#18859 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

The lcd can be switched to look like the led, have you tried that?

Yep. I find that "Dots XL" works best on most of my games. But a few do look better on "scan" or "hi-res".

#18860 2 years ago

Funny how different taste can be. My son and I were just playing Met last night and hadn't played it for a while. I actually said to him that I think met on scan mode is one of the best screens for a color display. So many cool animations on there and they are cartoon style, so it looks awesome IMHO

#18861 2 years ago

I use scan mode for MET, but all the rest of my ColorDMDs are DOTSXL. It definitely depends on the game.

#18862 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Yep F7
3amp SB
Keeps blowing at power up.
Maybe lifting the playfield the other day, created a short somewhere?

Quoted from TronGuy:

Ok I replaced that xsistor on the magnet control board.
The fuse is no longer blowing and the coffin magnet now works.
The balls are “stuck” in the coffin. They are trying to come out, but only 1 came out on a multiball. Then I later locked a 3rd ball in there and all 3 are stuck. Something is trying to activate to push them out, but nit succeeding.
This happened prior to the xsistor blowing , which then caused F7 to continuously blow.
I flipped the game off so it didnt overheat or stress out and cause that xsistor to blow again.
1. How do I get the balls out of the coffin?
2. Have others had this problem? Fix?
Edit: solved both problems.

So this game is blowing f7 again, a few seconds after power up. The best I can tell…..balls get magnetized, get stuck on one of the many magnets, and start causing problems. I need to go back and read up again, maybe I blew the xsistor on that little magnet control board again? I did buy a new replacement , the most recent revision. Maybe its time to use it.

#18863 2 years ago

After 8 long years, I finally converted my OG MET to LEDs (warm white). Now it’s a happy ‘Tallica.

D1378A94-DA34-4DCD-8A3E-C19854B1F536 (resized).jpegD1378A94-DA34-4DCD-8A3E-C19854B1F536 (resized).jpegF1888A9D-8413-4BBE-BB29-D29432A75A83 (resized).jpegF1888A9D-8413-4BBE-BB29-D29432A75A83 (resized).jpeg
#18864 2 years ago

Well the xsistor on the magnet control board was dead. I installed the new revision D board I got. I will repair this rev. C board and keep it as a back up I suppose.

#18865 2 years ago

I have high res set on my colour DMD for Met. Think it suits it. As someone said previously it does indeed have nice animations

#18866 2 years ago

My 2018 Met Premium has a mix of colored GI bulbs (red/blue) but I'm not sure if this was just something that someone decided to do, or the way it's 'supposed' to be. IIRC I replaced the same color combo in the Avengers Hulk LE I had and dumped the blue in favor of cool white 2SMD. Which bulbs can I change and NOT screw up any sort of color GI effects on this machine?

I don't really like CoinTaker LEDs (I'm a big fan of frosted 2SMD from Comet) so I'll likely swap out all of the white GI while I'm at it.

PXL_20210430_033357465.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210430_033357465.MP (resized).jpg
#18867 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

My 2018 Met Premium has a mix of colored GI bulbs (red/blue) but I'm not sure if this was just something that someone decided to do, or the way it's 'supposed' to be. IIRC I replaced the same color combo in the Avengers Hulk LE I had and dumped the blue in favor of cool white 2SMD. Which bulbs can I change and NOT screw up any sort of color GI effects on this machine?
I don't really like CoinTaker LEDs (I'm a big fan of frosted 2SMD from Comet) so I'll likely swap out all of the white GI while I'm at it. [quoted image]

It came with the multi color lighting. Mine had some incandescants mixed in along with the red, blue, and white. I swapped it all for sunlight 2smd frosted. I realized I don't have the color changing gi right now, but it is really well lit this way. It can always be switched back. If I was going to go back to the red, blue, white GI, I would use 2smd frosted bulbs for that as well.

20210318_205949 (resized).jpg20210318_205949 (resized).jpg
#18868 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

It came with the multi color lighting. Mine had some incandescants mixed in along with the red, blue, and white. I swapped it all for sunlight 2smd frosted. I realized I don't have the color changing gi right now, but it is really well lit this way. It can always be switched back. If I was going to go back to the red, blue, white GI, I would use 2smd frosted bulbs for that as well.
[quoted image]

Yours looks great. I don't think giving up the colored GI effects would be a TERRIBLE thing..I just feel like I'd rather keep the effects if possible.

It's the red bulbs that correspond to the colored effects, right? Not the blue ones (at all)?

Sunlight looks great in this game. I'd probably go with those over the cool white that I mentioned prior, just based on how yours looks.

#18869 2 years ago

I'm pretty sure the blue ones are used during Fade to Black.

#18870 2 years ago

If you scroll up a bit, you can see what warm white looks like on mine. My friend’s uses “sunlight”, and that looks great too. Sunlight and cool white bring out the blues, while the warm white brings out the yellows and reds. No bad choices on this game!

#18871 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm pretty sure the blue ones are used during Fade to Black.

Dammit I think you're right.

Well, maybe just a clean swap over to Comet 2SMD frosted, matching colors as-is, then.

//Done

20210630_171637 (resized).jpg20210630_171637 (resized).jpg

I think the frosted 2SMD colored bulbs actually are worse here than the crappy cointaker clear bulbs. They're just too vivid. Blah. I do like the Comet sunlight frosted.

Tbh I think the all white above looks way better. Is it lacking at all in any of the modes that do the GI effects DudeRegular ?

#18872 2 years ago

My Pinball tech came over today. My problem was in alignment- mounting underneath bracket with the snake was from factory. I’ve got the last production run of this game and my pin had less than 100 plays on it. The bottom bracket was not set up and drilled properly for the mounting. It was off by the distance of about one screw hole. We realigned it and put a new screw position in the mounting bracket underneath and the game ejected the ball from the snake mouth perfectly to the left flipper. The plastic coil rod was not hitting the ball perfectly center.

#18873 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Dammit I think you're right.
Well, maybe just a clean swap over to Comet 2SMD frosted, matching colors as-is, then.
//Done
[quoted image]
I think the frosted 2SMD colored bulbs actually are worse here than the crappy cointaker clear bulbs. They're just too vivid. Blah. I do like the Comet sunlight frosted.
Tbh I think the all white above looks way better. Is it lacking at all in any of the modes that do the GI effects DudeRegular ?

So instead of switching colors, it just dims in some of those situations. It is because it shuts off one or two of of the GI bulbs as they are generally in clusters of three bulbs.

#18874 2 years ago

The colored GI really looks good for the different modes. I would suggest swapping all of the bulbs to frosted, I really hate the clear lens bulbs. I attached the original layout of where the blue, red, and white are supposed to go.

Colored GI.pdfColored GI.pdf
#18875 2 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

The colored GI really looks good for the different modes. I would suggest swapping all of the bulbs to frosted, I really hate the clear lens bulbs. I attached the original layout of where the blue, red, and white are supposed to go.[quoted image]

My most recent pic was with frosted 2SMD from Comet swapped in. It looks terrible in pictures, but really it's not *that* bad in person. But the colors are definitely more vivid than with the colored / clear dome Cointaker bulbs, and probably more aggressive than I want with the colored portion of the GI.

I think for now I'm going to leave it as-is with the Comet frosted 2SMDs in it and see how I feel about it after a few weeks of gameplay, but ultimately I will probably swap the crappy Cointaker clear (colored) bulbs back in but leave the frosted sunlight where appropriate. The CoinTaker bulbs are less vivid than the nicer frosted 2SMD bulbs I put in and while that's *not* what I want with the white bulbs, it's just a bit too much for the colored bulbs I think. I want the effect of the colored bulbs for the different modes, but I don't want them to cancel out the white during normal gameplay, and it feels a bit like that's what's happening now.

I like how it looks (for normal gameplay) a lot better with the white. It's really too bad there's no better compromise here.
20210701_112337 (resized).jpg20210701_112337 (resized).jpg

#18876 2 years ago

New Metallica mod I saw on location yesterday...

PXL_20210701_001009226~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20210701_001009226~2 (resized).jpg

#18877 2 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

[quoted image]

LOL

Something looks...........out of place!

#18878 2 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

[quoted image]

Good lord that's pathetic.... That's why plumbers shouldn't work on pinball machines.

#18879 2 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

[quoted image]

Hilarious!

#18880 2 years ago

Quoted from LOTR_breath:Good lord that's pathetic.... That's why plumbers shouldn't work on pinball machines.

Very true. But I also hear that Plumbers Don't Wear Ties...so...

Man, I'm by no means a great pinball tech (I do what I can, given the extensive 2.5 years of time I've spent in this hobby) but how the hell do you get it THAT wrong?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#18881 2 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

[quoted image]

I wonder why the "tech" had to remove that plastic in the first place.

#18882 2 years ago

Tech?

#18884 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Hence, the quotation marks.

Haha, I was laughing along with you. Hard to imagine what they were thinkin when they put back together

#18885 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

What type of bulb is the green one behind the snake ? It lets you know when to shoot the snake. Not sure if mine is loose or burned out? It looks like a wedge type bulb, but I didn’t want to pull it out until I’m sure it is a wedge led.

#18886 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

What type of bulb is the green one behind the snake ? It lets you know when to shoot the snake. Not sure if mine is loose or burned out? It looks like a wedge type bulb, but I didn’t want to pull it out until I’m sure it is a wedge led.

Yes, #555 wedge base bulb. Part # in the manual is 112-5033-04. IIRC it is a bit of a pain in the ass to get to.

#18887 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Yes it's a wedge bulb #555.

#18888 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Part # in the manual is 112-5033-04. IIRC it is a bit of a pain in the ass to get to.

I just removed mine to look at it and replaced it. Took longer to remove glass.

#18889 2 years ago

Thanks everyone for your help! Hopefully I'll pick some up at Pinfest in Allentown.

#18890 2 years ago

I pulled the bulb out, and adjusted one of the wires because it was close to the edge and some of it wrapped around to the side of the socket. Pushed it back in,and now it works

#18891 2 years ago

Anyone know the Total Lightshow guy? Any way to resurrect that product? Metallica is such a great pin - definitely destined to be one of the all time great Sterns, and demand is high. People are going to continue to want mods, but many that were popular a few years back have gone away (shooter rods, helmet wire mod, light show, etc)

#18892 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Anyone know the Total Lightshow guy? Any way to resurrect that product? Metallica is such a great pin - definitely destined to be one of the all time great Sterns, and demand is high. People are going to continue to want mods, but many that were popular a few years back have gone away (shooter rods, helmet wire mod, light show, etc)

He's been selling a few of his games he used for development. He is not out of the hobby completely but it's on the back burner. Never say never but don't hold your breath.

#18893 2 years ago

I think the same guy also used to make a real knocker kit for Met. I’d love to get one. Pinball Life has them for Spike games but not SAM. Any other ideas?

#18894 2 years ago

I’d love a helmet wire for sparky and a real knocker. Just finished my met pro in purple powdercoat.

8BD6D934-1203-4AE4-A73B-EFEA98DB72C6 (resized).jpeg8BD6D934-1203-4AE4-A73B-EFEA98DB72C6 (resized).jpeg
#18895 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

I’d love a helmet wire for sparky and a real knocker. Just finished my met pro in purple powdercoat.
[quoted image]

Looks great! I just did exactly the same. Such a fun game. Just gotta do a flipper rebuild. Mine are buzzing like a broken streetlamp.

#18896 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Looks great! I just did exactly the same. Such a fun game. Just gotta do a flipper rebuild. Mine are buzzing like a broken streetlamp.

Flipper rebuild might not have any impact on the buzz. There are quite a few topics about it, but I had some success doing the gasket at the coil stop and a zip tie around the coil and bracket. With the glass on, I no longer hear the buzz.

#18897 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I think the same guy also used to make a real knocker kit for Met. I’d love to get one. Pinball Life has them for Spike games but not SAM. Any other ideas?

Yeah. I have one of his kits in my Met, and it's great.
I would like to do four other SAM games and don't know of an alternative.
Anyone have any ideas?

#18898 2 years ago

You have to get the step down board from PL and then wire to the coil and boards somehow. Redshiftled use to sell the harness but no contact. Everybody needs to hit him up to make more.

#18899 2 years ago

Added gels to fuel

Fuel (resized).JPGFuel (resized).JPG
#18900 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

[quoted image]

Purple looks great. Do you just take the original legs etc to a powder coater and ask to have them done or do you buy a second set without the textured finish?

Also is your purple textured finish or smooth?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 29.95
$ 25.50
$ 149.00
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 378 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/378 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.