met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 376 of 433.
#18751 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Yep... just installed mine as well, so your not the last one.... Its always a " should I or can I live without it " when it comes to mods for your game, but the color dmd is a complete must have. It brings out so much more to the game ! Good Move ! Enjoy

How good were the installation directions? I've been reading the Metallica thread from the very beginning,and somewhere I read that they were a bit lacking.
I'm on page 310 and I'm getting close to getting all caught up and I learned alot of helpful things in this thread! I wanted to thank a couple of posters at times,but some of the post were seven years old.

#18752 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

How good were the installation directions? I've been reading the Metallica thread from the very beginning,and somewhere I read that they were a bit lacking.
I'm on page 310 and I'm getting close to getting all caught up and I learned alot of helpful things in this thread! I wanted to thank a couple of posters at times,but some of the post were seven years old.

Install was very simple an straight forward, especially if you have an older MET with wood speaker panel, but still easy with the metal speaker panel, just a little more hardware to buy, took about 10 min

#18753 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Install was very simple an straight forward, especially if you have an older MET with wood speaker panel, but still easy with the metal speaker panel, just a little more hardware to buy, took about 10 min

Easy except loading zip drive. Make sure its says chroma4.1. It downloads chroma1 4.1and won't load until you remove the 1.

#18754 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Color LCD with HIRES is flat out amazing on met. I really want to do it to my world cup soccer but haven't yet been able to justify the cost. Hoping to get one for a gift at some point lol

I tried out the scanline setting and am really liking the look of that right now.

#18755 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I tried out the scanline setting and am really liking the look of that right now.

I'll have to try that one and see what I think. I really like the HIRES!

Peer pressure got me to try these out. Pretty neat.

PXL_20210606_171328068 (resized).jpgPXL_20210606_171328068 (resized).jpg

#18756 2 years ago

[quoted image]

What did you think ? How’d they work ??

#18757 2 years ago

Im one of those owners who hasnt bought.. Original owner LE . I need to change that!

#18758 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im one of those owners who hasnt bought.. Original owner LE . I need to change that!

That's terrible. You should sell it to me and be done with it

#18759 2 years ago

[quoted image]

got a set on order now. Should be here in about a year or two with shipping these days lol

#18760 2 years ago
Quoted from austinjw1955:

Does anybody know the part number to the metal piece highlighted left of the Newton Ball in the picture??
Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

you might want to reach out to patrick powers @ stern. I just checked the manual and it's not in there either. if you find out, please post it here for others

#18761 2 years ago

I hooked up my pinwoofers yesterday and boy do I love it.Thanks pinwoofer another perfect match and Thanks Hayfarmer for sharing the sweet spot settings.

#18762 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I hooked up my pinwoofers yesterday and boy do I love it.Thanks pinwoofer another perfect match and Thanks Hayfarmer for sharing the sweet spot settings.

Can you let others know the settings you used for your Pinwoofer Kit ? That would be helpful ,,, thank you

#18763 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Dang that was fast Jamesays !

Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Can you let others know the settings you used for your Pinwoofer Kit ? That would be helpful ,,, thank you

Below are the starting / recommended settings but they could use a refresh if you are finding better:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-stern-sam-metallica-amplifier-settings/

A new MET image of the amp dials (like BigalzPinz ACDC shown below / front view of the amp over the title) would be great for the blog if you have some time.

Thanks!

Dan

Stern - SAM - ACDC (resized).jpgStern - SAM - ACDC (resized).jpg
#18764 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Sorry Dan I keep referring to you as pinwoofer

#18765 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Sorry Dan I keep referring to you as pinwoofer

Its three of us so "PinWoofer" works fine!

#18766 2 years ago

I really want to try a PinWoofer on AS and MET, but I’m worried that I’ll get addicted like I did with PDI glass. Nothing like a $2000 pinball glass buy to raise the wife’s eyebrows.

#18767 2 years ago

Pinwoofer kicks ass.

#18768 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I really want to try a PinWoofer on AS and MET, but I’m worried that I’ll get addicted like I did with PDI glass. Nothing like a $2000 pinball glass buy to raise the wife’s eyebrows.

Amazing on met, zepp and maiden

#18769 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Below is the PinWoofer system for SAM (Metallica):

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-sam-super-kit/

MET was our top selling title until being overtaken by GNR just recently.

Good times!

#18770 2 years ago

Metallica LE got the full chrome treatment today. Thanks to Chris at Hot Rod Arcade for making this possible. A touch of class for a very special game…it’s perfect now! Still waiting for the chrome shooter rod housing.

009F2E47-1E86-4432-B35E-E2E5D18A5233 (resized).jpeg009F2E47-1E86-4432-B35E-E2E5D18A5233 (resized).jpeg3FC46B33-B6EC-4FC8-8A28-FCE7A7677A7C (resized).jpeg3FC46B33-B6EC-4FC8-8A28-FCE7A7677A7C (resized).jpeg457A42BB-6020-492F-B21A-6C45B759E266 (resized).jpeg457A42BB-6020-492F-B21A-6C45B759E266 (resized).jpeg4BC9A93F-9AC2-4C06-91AB-308D15C820ED (resized).jpeg4BC9A93F-9AC2-4C06-91AB-308D15C820ED (resized).jpeg677D5F11-0D57-4BAD-9B96-A7D753B7B590 (resized).jpeg677D5F11-0D57-4BAD-9B96-A7D753B7B590 (resized).jpeg87DCCC7C-8085-4E94-BA31-6AE12473998C (resized).jpeg87DCCC7C-8085-4E94-BA31-6AE12473998C (resized).jpeg
#18771 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Metallica LE got the full chrome treatment today. Thanks to Chris at Hot Rod Arcade for making this possible. A touch of class for a very special game…it’s perfect now! Still waiting for the chrome shooter rod housing.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

THAT is one badass MET! pretty cool J

#18772 2 years ago

That Crome is so shiny I can see you own ACNC as well. You have good taste in gams sir.

#18773 2 years ago

Not usually a huge fan of chromed out games but that looks great! Nice work.

#18774 2 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

That Crome is so shiny I can see you own ACNC as well. You have good taste in gams sir.

Lol, you have a keen eye! Indeed, Alice Cooper sits next to Metallica. Gotta love those reflections!

#18775 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

perfect

#18776 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

My grail pin! Totally bad ass

#18777 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Bad to the Bone bud

#18778 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Chris Royalty does excellent work. Your game looks fantastic, but just my opinion it would look much better without that topper. The colors clash with the rest of the game. Again, just my opinion.

#18779 2 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

That chrome is sweeeet dude! & Only Tim would notice the Alice Cooper! Good eye!

#18780 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Chris Royalty does excellent work. Your game looks fantastic, but just my opinion it would look much better without that topper.

Chris Royalty does excellent work. Your game looks fantastic, but just my opinion it would look much better without that topper. The colors clash with the rest of the game. Again, just my opinion.

Thank you. It’s the only topper that didn’t have “Metallica” plastered all over it which the game already has enough of. I customized the tombstone text and like the way it turned out. If another topper comes along that I like better, I may change it up. The 3D effect and changing lights on this one are just fine with me. I couldn’t find a worthy topper for ACNC, so I stuck an Alice Cooper figurine on top and like the way it looks.

37E557D9-9899-4A9D-87BC-1D4C1A2F6F16 (resized).jpeg37E557D9-9899-4A9D-87BC-1D4C1A2F6F16 (resized).jpeg818CDB02-0AFC-4B20-9958-8465D557FE25 (resized).jpeg818CDB02-0AFC-4B20-9958-8465D557FE25 (resized).jpegB6F39250-2F44-4872-B12F-256E14519DDC (resized).jpegB6F39250-2F44-4872-B12F-256E14519DDC (resized).jpegD5046F45-F2D7-4025-B7F8-C74D1A3918A1 (resized).jpegD5046F45-F2D7-4025-B7F8-C74D1A3918A1 (resized).jpeg
#18781 2 years ago

My wife is pretty tolerant of my pinball habit. Our entire living room downstairs is full of games and guitars. But no way she’d let me have one right off the kitchen. Haha

#18782 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

My wife is pretty tolerant of my pinball habit. Our entire living room downstairs is full of games and guitars. But no way she’d let me have one right off the kitchen. Haha

Lol, she’s my fiancé and no kids yet. I’m sure the pin sprawl days are numbered. Might fold them upright and store some games soon. Whatever it takes to keep the collection intact

#18783 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Lol, she’s my fiancé and no kids yet. I’m sure the pin sprawl days are numbered. Might fold them upright and store some games soon. Whatever it takes to keep the collection intact

sure you can store a couple over at my place.Just trying to help,lol

#18784 2 years ago

That is a killer armor job for a met le though. Awesome!

#18785 2 years ago

Love this machine. So much. But I don’t love the stock shooter rod. I guess I’d go with the shift knob if that’s my only option, but does anyone know of a nice Sparky rod for sale somewhere? Or the piston / skull, etc?

#18786 2 years ago

Hey everyone! Update on the custom Met plastic protectors.

Really appreciate everyone's comments from previous posts and through PM. I've made the adjustments. Images attached of the final version.

This set shown in the photos will be headed to finnflash at no cost for helping to get these traced and confirmed. Many thanks!

Note: If anyone has a different machine that they think an idea such as this would be good for, please let me know. Or, keep an eye on other club threads as I have a few other machines in mind.

IMG_1527e (resized).jpgIMG_1527e (resized).jpgIMG_1529e (resized).jpgIMG_1529e (resized).jpgIMG_1530e (resized).jpgIMG_1530e (resized).jpgIMG_1533e (resized).jpgIMG_1533e (resized).jpg
#18787 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Wow, i was thinking about this for my METLE. That is stunning!!

#18788 2 years ago

Placed my order yesterday for my Color Dmd LCD. I'm putting the Power Blades on hold,since they could cause problems with my machine.

#18789 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Placed my order yesterday for my Color Dmd LCD. I'm putting the Power Blades on hold,since they could cause problems with my machine.

Bling Bling!!

#18790 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

One of the best mods out there. I can't believe what i missed seeing for 3 years.

#18791 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Hey everyone! Update on the custom Met plastic protectors.
Really appreciate everyone's comments from previous posts and through PM. I've made the adjustments. Images attached of the final version.
This set shown in the photos will be headed to finnflash at no cost for helping to get these traced and confirmed. Many thanks!
Note: If anyone has a different machine that they think an idea such as this would be good for, please let me know. Or, keep an eye on other club threads as I have a few other machines in mind.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So what is the cost of these, before shipping? Very interested in a set.

#18792 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So what is the cost of these, before shipping? Very interested in a set.

Very much appreciate the interest!

I'm working through that now. With the "hooks" extending out on these, it makes it much more difficult to be efficient with material. Once I figure out the most efficient layout, that will reduce cost. At the moment, it's looking like a full set will be in the $20-ish range.

#18793 2 years ago

Well I have my friends Met LE back in the shed to fix some switch issues and add about 20 new mods he has! It is a really fun game to play for sure, allthough I will be 100% honest, not into the band at all..or any of the music pin bands tbh.

Went with gloss black trim, mirror polished ramps and lane guides etc, added mirror rails and lots of other bits. Painted sparky last time, this time giving the hammer some love with 4 shades of silver and grey and mettallic...

Part of the latest upgrades are the power blades. I noticed above someone mentioned possible issues with games...any more info here? I would hate to have a hiccup on my friends machine. (had enough already !)

The custom amp speaker panel came up a treat.

The redecal drama was eventually fixed with custom option...no gaps around any fixtures now.

I did a short video below, with a bit of Mike Dawes in the background...amazing guitarist.

I'll post up.another video when this round if tweaks finished.

Cheers from Down Under

Kurt

#18794 2 years ago

Well, it's been a rough couple of days for me on Met.. Everything seems to find the outlanes and I've struggled just to crack 10mil *facepalm*

So today I finally had an okay game going.. Nothing great, but a couple of EBs and I had worked through a couple MB cycles at least, and my score was in the 50ish mil range. Made it to casket MB and the first ball ejected, then the game just kept trying over and over to eject the other two... to no avail. I ended the game and ended up having to shake the shit out of the (lifted) playfield to get them to fall down properly so they'd eject on game boot.

I've seen some issues off and on with the casket so clearly something isn't quite right. Not really sure what could be the culprit just yet, but it seems like the balls aren't falling aggressively enough to reach the bottom. Has anyone else had to deal with this issue?

PXL_20210615_155553763 (resized).jpgPXL_20210615_155553763 (resized).jpg
#18795 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Part of the latest upgrades are the power blades. I noticed above someone mentioned possible issues with games...any more info here? I would hate to have a hiccup on my friends machine. (had enough already !)

Just make sure the fish paper is bent the correct way for optos. I had some issues with sparky firing when it shouldn't because it was picking up the light flashes. Had to bend the paper back the proper direction and now it's fine.

#18796 2 years ago

Well, it's been a rough couple of days for me on Met.. Everything seems to find the outlanes and I've struggled just to crack 10mil *facepalm*
So today I finally had an okay game going.. Nothing great, but a couple of EBs and I had worked through a couple MB cycles at least, and my score was in the 50ish mil range. Made it to casket MB and the first ball ejected, then the game just kept trying over and over to eject the other two... to no avail. I ended the game and ended up having to shake the shit out of the (lifted) playfield to get them to fall down properly so they'd eject on game boot.
I've seen some issues off and on with the casket so clearly something isn't quite right. Not really sure what could be the culprit just yet, but it seems like the balls aren't falling aggressively enough to reach the bottom. Has anyone else had to deal with this issue?
[quoted image]

Maybe the balls are magnetized?

#18797 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Maybe the balls are magnetized?

That could certainly be part of it. I've had them get stuck to the graveyard magnet, and then to each other, during MB. I'll swap them all out and see if that improves things. I guess I don't have a lot of games with heavy magnet utilization like Met.

#18798 2 years ago

No dice. New balls, similar result. At least it ejected them this time I guess, but still not great.

I don't see anything obviously wrong. The solenoid is smooth with no noticeable resistance (I haven't resleeved it yet, probably will just to rule that out).

#18799 2 years ago

No dice. New balls, similar result. At least it ejected them this time I guess, but still not great.

I don't see anything obviously wrong. The solenoid is smooth with no noticeable resistance (I haven't resleeved it yet, probably will just to rule that out).

I am not home to compare to mine, but it almost looks like the balls aren't rolling to the bottom of the lock as intended. The magnetic issue was one thought. Since you swapped those out I would drop the mech and take a look. Even a small little divot or indentation could cause things to not work quite right.

#18800 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Had the same issue on mine. I was using ninja balls which magnetize quickly on this game. I swapped out to silver jets and also adjusted the white plunger that holds the balls in place inside the coffin by adding washers to lower it slightly (or at least that's how I think I lowered it, lol) It's been a month of games since and I haven't had any problems even on longer duration games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 21,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 376 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/376?hl=ksuwildcatfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.