met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 375 of 433.
#18701 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Thought I'd share my progress on the custom Met plastic protectors...
Question for those interested, what is the preferred color? I was thinking purple, but have seen/heard others say orange/fluorescent green/etc. I will need to settle on a single color for these though (transparent of course). They create such a funky shape that I won't be able to lay them out efficiently and will eat up a quite a chunk of material.
Also, huge shout out to finnflash for helping me in this process.
They will still need some stabilizing pieces added, such as on the "C", but you get the idea.
Hope y'all like them!
[quoted image]

These things are sweet.

#18702 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Yeah, the wife saw those and said thats what she wants. Now I gotta find some...

Save yourself $33 and use 2 pieces of construction paper...I have been using it for years to protect mirror blades and it works just as well

Construction paper ....Really ...? Won't last and can easily rip. If you can afford a 6,000 Pin , I would hope you could splurge and get a pair of game blade protectors, never rip, molded to fit, and never a worry.... Construction paper ... Wow

#18703 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

The power blades look so awesome, just a shame they interfere with some machines (mine being one of them).

Yes they interfere with mine as well, so got the Pinball Refinery Creeping Death Lighting blades, and the creeping death side art, and has close to the same effect, and alot cheaper

185510932 (resized).jpg185510932 (resized).jpg
#18704 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Yes they interfere with mine as well, so got the Pinball Refinery Creeping Death Lighting blades, and the creeping death side art, and has close to the same effect, and alot cheaper
[quoted image]

What blades are those? I have the PR lighting kit as well but doesn’t seem to light up the artwork like yours

#18705 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

That's the first time I saw powder coating and said "I want to do that too".
What's that color?

You can see my photos a few pages back. Candy purple is what I used. Looks great.

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PPS-4442/candy-purple

#18706 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Construction paper ... Wow

To each his own I guess, but it works exactly the same...exactly
$35 for those makes me say "wow" but as I said, to each his own

#18707 2 years ago

I mean, I'd say there rigid plastic probably does offer better protection than construction paper, but I'm sure both work just fine. No judgment here, to each their own.

#18708 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

To each his own I guess, but it works exactly the same...exactly
$35 for those makes me say "wow" but as I said, to each his own

I’ll ask the kids if I can borrow their construction paper, and scissors so I can make some Pin Blade Protectors, I’ll let you know if they work “ exactly “ like the Pinball Life Protectors,,,,,if they do , I’ll be very disappointed in myself for spending 35.00 on something that was totally unnecessary,,,,,

#18709 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

I’ll ask the kids if I can borrow their construction paper, and scissors so I can make some Pin Blade Protectors, I’ll let you know if they work “ exactly “ like the Pinball Life Protectors,,,,,if they do , I’ll be very disappointed in myself for spending 35.00 on something that was totally unnecessary,,,,,

Seems like a whole ass paragraph full o' big mad. You do you bubba.

I have the PBL protectors.. Haven't used em yet.. $35 apparently very well spent

#18710 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:Seems like a whole ass paragraph full o' big mad. You do you bubba.
I have the PBL protectors.. Haven't used em yet.. $35 apparently very well spent

Bubba !! I love it !!!

#18711 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You can see my photos a few pages back. Candy purple is what I used. Looks great.
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PPS-4442/candy-purple

love that purple on this machine

#18712 2 years ago

Got my Reese Rails installed this evening. Worth every penny!!

697ED0B7-71A3-48A5-80B2-6E75DE163AB1 (resized).jpeg697ED0B7-71A3-48A5-80B2-6E75DE163AB1 (resized).jpegC03A40AC-5B22-4993-A5BD-533305E1A2EE (resized).jpegC03A40AC-5B22-4993-A5BD-533305E1A2EE (resized).jpegC3FB0B7E-6549-4C8E-8353-B19252E8E616 (resized).jpegC3FB0B7E-6549-4C8E-8353-B19252E8E616 (resized).jpeg
#18713 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Thought I'd share my progress on the custom Met plastic protectors...
Question for those interested, what is the preferred color? I was thinking purple, but have seen/heard others say orange/fluorescent green/etc. I will need to settle on a single color for these though (transparent of course). They create such a funky shape that I won't be able to lay them out efficiently and will eat up a quite a chunk of material.
Also, huge shout out to finnflash for helping me in this process.
They will still need some stabilizing pieces added, such as on the "C", but you get the idea.
Hope y'all like them!
[quoted image]

On the slings i expect those pointy bits to break easily. Like the purple color. Will the part under the sling art be clear and the outside be purple? Would think tha purple would darken the slings a bunch

Return lane protector pointy bits and the logo are probaby in less impact areas.

#18714 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Will the part under the sling art be clear and the outside be purple? Would think tha purple would darken the slings a bunch
Return lane protector pointy bits and the logo are probaby in less impact areas.

That's why I thought orange would look good.

#18715 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

The Pinball Life sideblade protectors are probably the best money I have spent on a pinball mod. Works on all brands and has magnets built in to keep it snug. Worth every penny IMO.

#18716 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

The Pinball Life sideblade protectors are probably the best money I have spent on a pinball mod. Works on all brands and has magnets built in to keep it snug. Worth every penny IMO.

Yeah, I purposely waited around and built an order with them as soon as they became available again because I wanted them so badly. Unfortunately both of my machines with blades (Tron has standard blades and Metallica has power blades) both have several scars already, so I haven't bothered to use the protectors yet. Haven't had the playfield up on Tron since I got them, I don't think. Speaking of, talk about a perfect game for some power blades (I checked, but I don't think there are any)..

I do need to get in the habit of using them, even if my current blades aren't perfect, if for no reason other than to do it without thinking when I finally have some that aren't beat up. And I agree, I think they're plenty worth the $35, personally. But I also can't fault anyone for not wanting to spring for them. They aren't TECHNICALLY needed at all, if you're reeeeeeally careful, every time.

#18717 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Why you got to be like that? Wow. You a bigger man because you dropped the big money on your silly plastic protectors?

#18718 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Why you got to be like that? Wow. You a bigger man because you dropped the big money on your silly plastic protectors?

$35 is big money GTFO

#18719 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Yeah, I purposely waited around and built an order with them as soon as they became available again because I wanted them so badly. Unfortunately both of my machines with blades (Tron has standard blades and Metallica has power blades) both have several scars already, so I haven't bothered to use the protectors yet. Haven't had the playfield up on Tron since I got them, I don't think. Speaking of, talk about a perfect game for some power blades (I checked, but I don't think there are any)..
I do need to get in the habit of using them, even if my current blades aren't perfect, if for no reason other than to do it without thinking when I finally have some that aren't beat up. And I agree, I think they're plenty worth the $35, personally. But I also can't fault anyone for not wanting to spring for them. They aren't TECHNICALLY needed at all, if you're reeeeeeally careful, every time.

I agree they are worth the $, especially for games that are very tight on the sides. I guess I can't fault someone to try something different to see if they work, but at $ 35 its not a fortune to spend on saving your blades you spent a lot of money on. Your right that if you are very very careful you wouldn't need them, but an accident can happen, with even a corner coming loose when raising the playfield, it doesnt take much to tear them. The powerblades are just a hair thicker than the regular ones, and the most expensive, so I'm sticking with the game blade protectors....

#18720 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

I agree they are worth the $, especially for games that are very tight on the sides. I guess I can't fault someone to try something different to see if they work, but at $ 35 its not a fortune to spend on saving your blades you spent a lot of money on. Your right that if you are very very careful you wouldn't need them, but an accident can happen, with even a corner coming loose when raising the playfield, it doesnt take much to tear them. The powerblades are just a hair thicker than the regular ones, and the most expensive, so I'm sticking with the game blade protectors....

Yep, at the cost of the power blades I think it's silly to not use the protectors.. Which means I need to start using mine.

#18721 2 years ago

Speaking of custom plastics... does anyone make the plastics on the left and right sides that the spinners install through? I have spinners for my pro but I REALLY don’t want to alter my original plastics...

#18722 2 years ago

Does anybody know the part number to the metal piece highlighted left of the Newton Ball in the picture??

Thanks in advance.

newton_ball (resized).jpgnewton_ball (resized).jpg
#18723 2 years ago

Problem with the blade protectors is they are too bulky to post overseas so guys like me have little chance of purchasing. DOH

#18724 2 years ago
5DF8F132-A996-4A53-B956-3E51499BCA61 (resized).png5DF8F132-A996-4A53-B956-3E51499BCA61 (resized).png
#18725 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Speaking of custom plastics... does anyone make the plastics on the left and right sides that the spinners install through? I have spinners for my pro but I REALLY don’t want to alter my original plastics...

I don't know anyone that has those modified plastics for the spinners, but its pretty simple to cut the plastics to fit. Either a Dremel or very sharp x-acto knife will work.

#18726 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

It's very easy to do, don't worry! I used the dremel method, and I started by cutting a little less than required and then slightly enlarged it to be a perfect fit. You are never going to remove the spinners and reinstall your Pro plastics so there's really no point in saving them unless you want a souvenir.

#18727 2 years ago

Thanks guys... I’ll give it another look.

#18728 2 years ago

Anyone know if pro playfields are available from Stern still? The big white lower inserts on mine have cracked between the inserts (Im guessing insert separated from the wood). It might be able to be touched up, but figure, if its not that much more to get a new one, might as well go that route (plus it was routed at some point without cliffys, so there is some wear on the kick out, though now covered by a cliffy). Anyone know what Stern charges for a playfield?

#18729 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Anyone know if pro playfields are available from Stern still? The big white lower inserts on mine have cracked between the inserts (Im guessing insert separated from the wood). It might be able to be touched up, but figure, if its not that much more to get a new one, might as well go that route (plus it was routed at some point without cliffys, so there is some wear on the kick out, though now covered by a cliffy). Anyone know what Stern charges for a playfield?

I saw a premium sell for a 1,000 not sure what a pro cost?

#18730 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Problem with the blade protectors is they are too bulky to post overseas so guys like me have little chance of purchasing. DOH

If you are located in Europe you can probably get them here: https://pu-parts.com/pinball-assembly-blades

#18731 2 years ago

BrewNinja I don’t think Stern sells playfields directly. If you’re lucky you might find one at one of their distributors, and I’d guess $700-1000.

#18732 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

There’s one on Ebay right now , but it’s a prototype , not exactly what was given out to the public ,,,, 699.00

#18733 2 years ago

Anyone want a pig and power splitter?

Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Hi folks I have a lightly used PIG Interface board and a 12V 5V power splitter. I no longer need it so it’s up for sale”
2021-06-04
Walnut Creek, CA
55 (OBO)
Archived after: 30 days
Viewed: 159 times
Contributed to Pinside

#18734 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

If you are located in Europe you can probably get them here: https://pu-parts.com/pinball-assembly-blades

Unfortunately am in australia

#18735 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

They ship in a small box all rolled up tight. When you unbox them you roll them out flat then there are lines scored into them where you bend them at to make them 3 dimensional.

#18736 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

They ship in a small box all rolled up tight. When you unbox them you roll them out flat then there are lines scored into them where you bend them at to make them 3 dimensional.

Yes. When I got the box, I was thinking " well these are gonna be messed up.". Then you open the box and "BOING!" they spring out flat. I went years being careful and still scuffing my blades and wish I had bought these a long time ago.

#18737 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I went years being careful and still scuffing my blades and wish I had bought these a long time ago.

Same here. I see how construction paper would work fine in many cases, but some games have a pretty tight fit. That paper would get chewed up right quick. My Met mirror blades are pristine. $35 well spent.

#18738 2 years ago

I had a 42" TV I was throwing away. Removed the light defuse material from it and made a set yesterday. There are two sheets in tv's. Cut sheet at 14" one end and 10" other. That made 2 sheets the same size. Creased sheets at 9.5" down to 5.5" and folded over rails and made another crease. Next set I'll made scores in material to make it easier.

20210604_120648 (resized).jpg20210604_120648 (resized).jpg20210604_121027 (resized).jpg20210604_121027 (resized).jpg20210605_124532 (resized).jpg20210605_124532 (resized).jpg20210605_125643 (resized).jpg20210605_125643 (resized).jpg
#18739 2 years ago

I am a horrible individual .Last night I got my Grand Champion score and then the old lady almost beat me and I was actually hoping her final ball would drain.Disgusting

#18740 2 years ago

I just installed a color dmd lcd today and I can't believe what I've been missing for the 3 yrs I've owned this pin. Highly recommend it if you haven't yet.

#18741 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I just installed a color dmd lcd today and I can't believe what I've been missing for the 3 yrs I've owned this pin. Highly recommend it if you haven't yet.

You may have been the last one to do so, enjoy!

#18742 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

You may have been the last one to do so, enjoy!

Heyyyy, be nice. I know of a few that still haven't

#18743 2 years ago

I snagged a Monsters translite for my pro on eBay today, after seeing one on a Premium in a tournament this morning. It’ll be nice to change up the look.

#18744 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Construction paper ....Really ...? Won't last and can easily rip. If you can afford a 6,000 Pin , I would hope you could splurge and get a pair of game blade protectors, never rip, molded to fit, and never a worry.... Construction paper ... Wow

Finding a free solution to a $35 problem is a pretty good step towards affording a $6k pin.

#18745 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

Thank you I'm currently putting together an order so will probably include if the other stuff doesn't damage it. Got some metal brackets to buy.

#18746 2 years ago
I just installed a color dmd lcd today and I can't believe what I've been missing for the 3 yrs I've owned this pin. Highly recommend it if you haven't yet

Yep ,,, just installed mine , so you weren’t the last ,,,,always hard to part with 400.00 for a mod , but this one adds so much to the game , even tho you don’t watch it much while playing others can enjoy too !!! Good move

#18747 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yep... just installed mine as well, so your not the last one.... Its always a " should I or can I live without it " when it comes to mods for your game, but the color dmd is a complete must have. It brings out so much more to the game ! Good Move ! Enjoy

#18748 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Yep... just installed mine as well, so your not the last one.... Its always a " should I or can I live without it " when it comes to mods for your game, but the color dmd is a complete must have. It brings out so much more to the game ! Good Move ! Enjoy

I'm glad I got it as a birthday gift. Cuz I never would of spent that much. But now seeing it, I wish I would of done it day 1. So much more to see, my scores are suffering!!

#18749 2 years ago

Color LCD with HIRES is flat out amazing on met. I really want to do it to my world cup soccer but haven't yet been able to justify the cost. Hoping to get one for a gift at some point lol

#18750 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I am a horrible individual .Last night I got my Grand Champion score and then the old lady almost beat me and I was actually hoping her final ball would drain.Disgusting

This made me laugh for about five minutes!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 26.50
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 49.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.50
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 21,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 375 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/375?hl=brewninja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.