C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 372 of 434.
#18551 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Bought mine on ebay a few months ago, you might message him to see if he has any more
[quoted image]

Don’t believe that one lights up,,,but still looks ok

#18552 2 years ago

Nope doesn't light, but looks good. $12 bucks

#18553 2 years ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Does this work with the LED Pro models as well? I would think that LED lights are on or off with no in between

Good question I dunno. I'm guessing you have exactly the same amount of leds though.

#18554 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yeah I adjusted the brightness on my LED pro and noticed no difference.

Really? My premium lights up well. I actually toned it down from 80%. How high did you go or did your game start strobing at the higher levels

#18555 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Really? My premium lights up well. I actually toned it down from 80%. How high did you go or did your game start strobing at the higher levels

I think premium is primarily incandescent with some added RGB.

#18556 2 years ago

I think premium is primarily incandescent with some added RGB.

Sorry mine is a monster version with all leds.

#18557 2 years ago

I took my MPU and driver board over to a friend's house to help diagnose issues with his met (we think he has issues with some light boards that are bad, after diagnosing) and now that I have my game put back together I have a slew of solenoids that are out. Specifically the one at the top to prevent (or allow) the ball to make the loops, the drops, the hammer, snake, and coffin lock release.

I've verified and reverified all connections and checked voltage at ALL coils (they're all rock solid 75v) and can't figure anything out. Fuses are good, connections in both the backbox and playfield look good... Any suggestions?

#18558 2 years ago

Yes..don't that again.

#18559 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Yes..don't that again.

Well sure, but I like helping friends where I can. Unfortunately it didn't seem to really help him much other than to rule boards in the backbox out of the equation but I digress. I don't know what could be wrong. Everything seems to work fine except for...several coils. :/

#18560 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Yes..don't that again.

I was going to say this, but couldn't bring myself to do it!

#18561 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

I took my MPU and driver board over to a friend's house to help diagnose issues with his met (we think he has issues with some light boards that are bad, after diagnosing) and now that I have my game put back together I have a slew of solenoids that are out. Specifically the one at the top to prevent (or allow) the ball to make the loops, the drops, the hammer, snake, and coffin lock release.
I've verified and reverified all connections and checked voltage at ALL coils (they're all rock solid 75v) and can't figure anything out. Fuses are good, connections in both the backbox and playfield look good... Any suggestions?

Does any solenoids fire when you go into the solenoids test menu?
If no solenoids fire in the test menu, I'd test the transistors next.

#18562 2 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

Does any solenoids fire when you go into the solenoids test menu?
If no solenoids fire in the test menu, I'd test the transistors next.

None of the problem ones respond in game or test mode. My slings work, as well as my pops. Just a bunch of others are suddenly out.

#18563 2 years ago

None of the problem ones respond in game or test mode. My slings work, as well as my pops. Just a bunch of others are suddenly out.

Are you sure you put all the connectors back where they belong. Did you miss a connector, maybe it’s behind the board? Are all the fuse leds on the board lit?

#18564 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Are you sure you put all the connectors back where they belong. Did you miss a connector, maybe it’s behind the board? Are all the fuse leds on the board lit?

Nope, I triple checked, reseated cables, etc. I remember one time I was looking at fuses and there were several that weren't lit and I thought I might be on to something.. But then they all lit when I cycled power.

So I just pulled both solenoid fuses in order to test outside the game -- 3A and 5A. Tested both. Put them back in. Now it's all working again. W t f

#18565 2 years ago

Nope, I triple checked, reseated cables, etc. I remember one time I was looking at fuses and there were several that weren't lit and I thought I might be on to something.. But then they all lit when I cycled power.
So I just pulled both solenoid fuses in order to test outside the game -- 3A and 5A. Tested both. Put them back in. Now it's all working again. W t f

hopefully it stays that way, maybe something just wasn't making a good connection. Glad it's fixed and working again!

btw, when the coin door is open, some of the fuse lights will be off as high power (50v) is killed when the door is open.

#18566 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

hopefully it stays that way, maybe something just wasn't making a good connection. Glad it's fixed and working again!
btw, when the coin door is open, some of the fuse lights will be off as high power (50v) is killed when the door is open.

Yeah I totally don't understand how reseating fuses did anything but whatever I guess.

Good point on the lights; I honestly can't remember if the door was open or not (it probably was) when I noticed several off. Makes sense.

#18567 2 years ago

Has anyone replaced the 520-5307-00 led boards with a standard 44 or 555 socket.
The 4 large white inserts (near flippers) are dim in comparison to the other inserts. I'd imagine that it'd be a big improvement, if it's possible.

20210513_185553 (resized).jpg20210513_185553 (resized).jpg
#18568 2 years ago

New addition to the family game room! Getting bolted to the floor and never leaving. Mind blown . Can’t thank Steve from Pinball Refinery enough. Took this already awesome game to the next level!

04359827-B37F-4E53-AF69-B4ECBE0300FB (resized).jpeg04359827-B37F-4E53-AF69-B4ECBE0300FB (resized).jpeg
#18569 2 years ago

Boogs, i believe theres a specific mod for those inserts.
Harley D.

#18570 2 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

Has anyone replaced the 520-5307-00 led boards with a standard 44 or 555 socket.
The 4 large white inserts (near flippers) are dim in comparison to the other inserts. I'd imagine that it'd be a big improvement, if it's possible.
[quoted image]

One thing I've found is those inserts get dirty quickly because they are fairly close to the flipper mechs. You can see from your pic that the insert is dirty. Remove the LED board and clean both the LED and the insert and you should see an improvement in the brightness of the insert.

#18571 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

One thing I've found is those inserts get dirty quickly because they are fairly close to the flipper mechs. You can see from your pic that the insert is dirty. Remove the LED board and clean both the LED and the insert and you should see an improvement in the brightness of the insert.

I already did that. I also cleaned them LED on the chip with Isopropyl alcohol. It was a huge improvement, but still very dim compared to the other inserts.

Quoted from shovelhed:

Boogs, i believe theres a specific mod for those inserts.
Harley D.

Any links? I've done a couple Google searches for '520-5307-00 upgrade' and changed it up to 'socket', '44'', '555', 'mod', etc... Without much luck. I found a bunch of wafer board replacements. That might be my best option, since my LEDs are still stained from the black coil dust (after cleaning them)

#18573 2 years ago

You can make that bracket on a 3-D printer if you have one.. a fellow MET owner shared the file with me.. PM if interested and I'll send the files!. Btw, the bracket works great! It centered the bulbs and disperses the light much better.

#18574 2 years ago

Thanks Harley, but I am curious if I can replace my LED chip with a socketed (with diodes as needed) style?

I believe that mod was made to improve the previous socket generation that was before the chip came out.

I'm pretty sure it'd be fine, but was trying to confirm if someone has swapped the chip for the socket.

#18575 2 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

[quoted image]

That LED goes to a Spike game. It's the wrong one unless it's a Spike game. You need this one for a Sam's https://www.pinballlife.com/cool-white-pcb-led.html

#18576 2 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

[quoted image]

Is that under the Grave or Snake marker?

#18577 2 years ago

Just got powdercoat back from Robert. Sooooo sweet!!

20210517_152635 (resized).jpg20210517_152635 (resized).jpg20210517_152639 (resized).jpg20210517_152639 (resized).jpg20210517_152725 (resized).jpg20210517_152725 (resized).jpg20210517_152806 (resized).jpg20210517_152806 (resized).jpg20210517_152839 (resized).jpg20210517_152839 (resized).jpg
#18578 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good choice, I had mine done in a similar color, illusion purple.

#18579 2 years ago

Damn that’s nice purple

#18580 2 years ago

Hes the best!

#18581 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Don't you find Guardians repetitious with Metallica in a small line up? Its the exact same shots, I get the code changes a lot but still. I don't think I could do both.

#18582 2 years ago

I'm so jealous of the purple. Mine is green and I don't HATE it but I really love the purple on this game. Great choice!

#18583 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Don't you find Guardians repetitious with Metallica in a small line up? Its the exact same shots, I get the code changes a lot but still. I don't think I could do both.

Totally diff games. I thought that as well but they are nothing alike. Gotg has much tighter shots, better lights, but met is bolted down here forever!

#18584 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

love the carpeting too!

#18585 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

love the carpeting too!

Looks great with black lights on,

#18586 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

That LED goes to a Spike game. It's the wrong one unless it's a Spike game. You need this one for a Sam's https://www.pinballlife.com/cool-white-pcb-led.html

Works in both games even though it says for spike. You can get replacement colored boards from Cointaker. Just 5 volt LED boards. I changed a bunch in my LE, also added some to replace the larger light boards.

https://cointaker.com/products/stern-spike-led

#18587 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Totally diff games. I thought that as well but they are nothing alike. Gotg has much tighter shots, better lights, but met is bolted down here forever!

Gotg is the exact same layout. Shot geometry is no different than MET

#18588 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

same layout but MET does it so much better. The inline drops are the shiz

#18589 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I prefer MET but like both a bunch. Also the scoop does seem a bit easier for me to hit on GOTG.

#18590 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Quoted from woody76:

Is the Orb shot the snake or hammer? Whichever one it is, what's the other one?

That's really the only difference, though.

#18591 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Frankly this is like saying that every 2-flipper game is the same. I can say that GOTG, IM, MET and Austin Powers all have the same shot geometry. But hitting a set of inline drops is not the same as hitting the Rocket shot, and the games felt very different to me. After 6 months, I didn’t sell GOTG because it was too similar to MET. I sold it because I didn’t wanna hear bobilybobilybo no mo’.

#18592 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well, you haven't played it enough or at all then. They shoot way different. The orb shot is way tighter than snake , scoop in gotg is easier to hit than met, rocket is tighter and no inline drops. That bein said, my met is a pro, no spinners, and gotg is an le with 2 spinners with different sounds. Love em both. And with cleland sd card, it is much better than original track.

#18593 2 years ago

I own both, Met only for two years and GOTG only 1 month The Rocket shot is tight and I can't backhand easy like I can the inline targets on Met. The Fuel shot is harder for me to make than the one on GOTG. Both are a blast to play and fill different to me. Now say with me bobilybobilybo

#18594 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Now say with me bobilybobilybo

To be fair, all of the blue people in GOTG got on my nerves. I did like Cleland’s mix though, that helped the game a lot. Oddly it’s one of the few games my wife ever commented on me selling, because she liked the music.

#18595 2 years ago

anybody have a topper they want to get rid of?

#18596 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

To be fair, all of the blue people in GOTG got on my nerves. I did like Cleland’s mix though, that helped the game a lot. Oddly it’s one of the few games my wife ever commented on me selling, because she liked the music.

Ya, I avoid the mode where he says that as long as possible..grest game , not as good as met for sure, but still fun

#18597 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Frankly this is like saying that every 2-flipper game is the same. I can say that GOTG, IM, MET and Austin Powers all have the same shot geometry. But hitting a set of inline drops is not the same as hitting the Rocket shot, and the games felt very different to me. After 6 months, I didn’t sell GOTG because it was too similar to MET. I sold it because I didn’t wanna hear bobilybobilybo no mo’.

I've never played two different games and felt like they were that similar. Music, callouts, code, light show, and such make the game. As long as you enjoy playing a game then that's all that matters.

#18598 2 years ago

Is the ball trough kick up adjustable on Met Pro? Mine kicks pretty hard and shakes the playfield a little when the ball is loaded into the shooter lane

#18599 2 years ago

Is the ball trough kick up adjustable on Met Pro? Mine kicks pretty hard and shakes the playfield a little when the ball is loaded into the shooter lane

I read on Facebook today and someone else had that problem,unless it was your post I read?

#18600 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I read on Facebook today and someone else had that problem,unless it was your post I read?

Most likely me, I cross posted. Unfortunately to tired to check it this evening. I’ll get it this weekend sometime

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 372 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/372?hl=ksuwildcatfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.