C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 371 of 434.
#18501 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Just joined the club today. I picked up a low play HUO Met Roadcase. It looks like it just came out of the box! It came with the original and the Pro translite. I knew I was getting it Tuesday,but I didn't say anything,because I didn't want to jinx myself.
I also started reading from the very beginning of this thread. I mostly skip over the tips on how to score since the beginning post are seven years old,and are probably no longer relevant.

Congrats and welcome to the club! And yes, the early code was pretty sparse. But a year later I was thanking Lyman Sheets in person for the amazing job he did on this code. It’s for sure one of the best Sterns ever, and it’s never leaving my collection.

#18502 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Congrats and welcome to the club! And yes, the early code was pretty sparse. But a year later I was thanking Lyman Sheets in person for the amazing job he did on this code. It’s for sure one of the best Sterns ever, and it’s never leaving my collection.

Hear! Hear!

Hard to see myself letting go of Metallica.. Ever. I feel that way about Met, Tron (big surprise, both Borg masterpieces) and World Cup Soccer.

Metallica especially is just awesome.

#18503 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Hard to see myself letting go of Metallica.. Ever. I feel that way about Met, Tron (big surprise, both Borg masterpieces) and World Cup Soccer.

I find it interesting with hundreds of modern pins out there how often collections overlap. I too have a Metallica and WCS (my core machines), and sold my BKSOR a few months ago. BTW - I hope you like BKSOR. I did not. From day one it irritated me more than any pin ever has. You know it's a bad sign when on the first day you tell your wife "So, uh, I think I made a mistake..."

#18504 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I find it interesting with hundreds of modern pins out there how often collections overlap. I too have a Metallica and WCS (my core machines), and sold my BKSOR a few months ago. BTW - I hope you like BKSOR. I did not. From day one it irritated me more than any pin ever has. You know it's a bad sign when on the first day you tell your wife "So, uh, I think I made a mistake..."

LOL. That is funny. I've been there before, too. I have absolutely no idea what to expect out of BKSOR. I know a lot of people seem to really dislike the upper PF but I just can't imagine playing any sort of "Black Knight" game without one. That said, if it's way too difficult or I really don't like game play or *whatever* I won't hesitate for a second to move it on down the road so I can buy something else. I figure that's a big enough chip to wield to put me in play for almost any of the games I'd typically be going after (at my heart I seem to enjoy simpler games, like system 11 games. Complex modern games--think Star Wars--anger me to the point of just turning them off) and with a light investment on it I can still say I made out well along the way. But I really hope I love it and I just keep it!

I kind of see my Eight Ball Deluxe, High Speed, and Taxi in that 'really wouldn't want to sell' category too, tbh. So I'm pretty dug in on 6 of my pins with BKSOR being a question mark for the last spot. Not really sure what I'll do if I do love it/keep it and something ELSE comes along that I want to add. I'm not sure I could even really pick from my current 6 to pare down!

#18505 2 years ago

I love my Met premium and don't think I will ever sell it. It doesn't get played as much as it used to but that's because I've had it for many years.

Hmm... calling Spike and Spike2 games Homepins..., that's pretty insulting to Stern and the thousands of buyers of those pins. They are the evolution of Whitestar and SAM, not some cheap alternative.

I am fortunate to have two locations near me that get mostly every Stern that comes out. I really wanted to like BKSOR. I've played the pro and LE and it's just not all that fun for me. Maybe your experience will be better. And I LOVE Steve Ritchie games. I have LZ premium and I've also played the pro a lot and that game rips! The shots flow so well and the rule set is good and very unique. I think a lot of players are sleeping on LZ just due to all the negativity it got when released. People say the playfield is sparse. The open playfield is what makes it shoot so well!

Back to Metallica. Borg, Lyman, Dirty Donnie. I doubt we will ever see those 3 collaborate on one pin again. Such a great combination!

#18506 2 years ago

I am new to the club.
What do I need to do/buy to add the orbit spinners to a pro?

#18507 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I am new to the club.
What do I need to do/buy to add the orbit spinners to a pro?

You order them from: https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p90/Metallica-Pro-Spinners-Kit-Pinball-Mod.html
(although I guess you can piece together a set) and install them.

I have a set to install myself... but what’s stopping me is you need to modify a couple large plastics and I don’t want to butcher them.

#18508 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I love my Met premium and don't think I will ever sell it. It doesn't get played as much as it used to but that's because I've had it for many years.
Hmm... calling Spike and Spike2 games Homepins..., that's pretty insulting to Stern and the thousands of buyers of those pins. They are the evolution of Whitestar and SAM, not some cheap alternative.
I am fortunate to have two locations near me that get mostly every Stern that comes out. I really wanted to like BKSOR. I've played the pro and LE and it's just not all that fun for me. Maybe your experience will be better. And I LOVE Steve Ritchie games. I have LZ premium and I've also played the pro a lot and that game rips! The shots flow so well and the rule set is good and very unique. I think a lot of players are sleeping on LZ just due to all the negativity it got when released. People say the playfield is sparse. The open playfield is what makes it shoot so well!
Back to Metallica. Borg, Lyman, Dirty Donnie. I doubt we will ever see those 3 collaborate on one pin again. Such a great combination!

Metallica is the only machine I would never sell.

#18509 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

You order them from: https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p90/Metallica-Pro-Spinners-Kit-Pinball-Mod.html
(although I guess you can piece together a set) and install them.
I have a set to install myself... but what’s stopping me is you need to modify a couple large plastics and I don’t want to butcher them.

Great Thank you. Looks Like I bought the Last One!

#18510 2 years ago

Hello All - Just joined the club and bought a fully moded 2017 Pro this weekend - Incredible game!!! I took out the snake body mod as it covered up some of the playfield and the pop bumper it covered is missing some parts.

PLEASE HELP - I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction so I can buy a new orange Metallica pop bumper cap and LED light. Did a google search and couldn't find what I needed Any suggestions/ Links are welcome. thank you!

Edit - Just purchased the mod set so I'm ok.

#18511 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Got these installed pics really don’t do them justice. A+ from Rocket City Pinball. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The cross coin buttons in purple look awesome on the machine! Thanks for posting!

#18512 2 years ago

Glad to say I'm now part of the club! Picked up a pro and added a color dmd, power blades, shaker motor, subwoofer, headphone station and am currently powder coating the legs, rails, lockdown bar, hinges, etc. to match. Also have Cliffys on the way and swapped out the cheap LED's with good ones.

I also started this Facebook group for Metallica pinball owners if anyone is interested - https://www.facebook.com/groups/metallicapinball/

IMG-20210420-WA0000.jpgIMG-20210420-WA0000.jpg
20210424_174017.jpg20210424_174017.jpg
20210425_230516.jpg20210425_230516.jpg
20210504_215632.jpg20210504_215632.jpg

#18513 2 years ago

This may be a newb question, but does anyone know where I can get these lightning rails for my pro? I've searched but believe I'm searching for the wrong thing.

978956601.jpg978956601.jpg

#18514 2 years ago

Pingraffix power bladez

#18515 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Pingraffix power bladez

Not the power blades, I have those already. I meant these lightening rails.

978956601.jpg978956601.jpg

#18516 2 years ago

Sorted. Emailed Marco customer service.

#18517 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

[quoted image]

Ohhhhh I didn't even notice those, but now I'm intrigued and I NEED them

#18518 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

[quoted image]

I think Steve at pinball refinery made them. HemiOrange09

#18520 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

[quoted image]

That's Steve for sure, You can also find him at mipinballrefinery.com. He made a lot of cool upgrades for this machine

#18521 2 years ago

Got the LZ and my new Metallica Rockin in my new room. Both opposite game styles and both are great in their own way. Metallica LED is F’n awesome. Dog doesn’t mind the rockin tunes at all...

499788DD-AFA0-4654-951D-FF759C3709FF (resized).jpeg499788DD-AFA0-4654-951D-FF759C3709FF (resized).jpeg

#18522 2 years ago

Hi all. As I was cleaning the playfield on my late-run, low play premium, I noticed this playfield chip. Anyone else have this happen in that area? Anything to do to keep it from getting worse?

526198E4-289F-44CA-B150-072215B1182C (resized).jpeg526198E4-289F-44CA-B150-072215B1182C (resized).jpeg7626FC78-3712-4821-8082-33EF4FC3F367 (resized).jpeg7626FC78-3712-4821-8082-33EF4FC3F367 (resized).jpeg
#18523 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

[quoted image]

Pinball Refinery

#18524 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Hi all. As I was cleaning the playfield on my late-run, low play premium, I noticed this playfield chip. Anyone else have this happen in that area? Anything to do to keep it from getting worse?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I would loosen or remove the nuts underneath so you can lift that metal bracket and put some mylar down.

#18525 2 years ago

Viggin900

2BA4D5E5-1289-4078-B725-15F695DBF628 (resized).jpeg2BA4D5E5-1289-4078-B725-15F695DBF628 (resized).jpegCBFA2372-1D19-4E3E-B02F-E1514EDF9777 (resized).jpegCBFA2372-1D19-4E3E-B02F-E1514EDF9777 (resized).jpeg
#18526 2 years ago

Here is a question for everyone. When you have balls coming back around the orbit after being stopped by the up post, does the ball hit your sling? Same thing on the right side with an exit from the pops?

#18527 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:Not the power blades, I have those already. I meant these lightening rails.
[quoted image]

Steve did those but not sure he makes them anymore. If he does I might be interested in a set.

#18528 2 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

Here is a question for everyone. When you have balls coming back around the orbit after being stopped by the up post, does the ball hit your sling? Same thing on the right side with an exit from the pops?

Adjust/bend the ball guides slightly until you achieve the desired result. It doesn't take much force at all.

#18529 2 years ago

I know that is how you can adjust it, I am wondering if that was the design intent, or just the variability in manufacture of my machine.

#18530 2 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

I know that is how you can adjust it, I am wondering if that was the design intent, or just the variability in manufacture of my machine.

No, metal cutting into the pf is not the intention. Cheap labor + No QA is the intention, you just got the unintended consequences. Ive been a part of this thread since day 1 and cannot remember seeing that before.

#18531 2 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

Adjust/bend the ball guides slightly until you achieve the desired result. It doesn't take much force at all.

Quoted from Apex:

I have had to do these adjustments on many machines. The only way it should hit a sling would be maybe a very slow roll out. Orbits should get to the flipper.

#18532 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

No, metal cutting into the pf is not the intention. Cheap labor + No QA is the intention, you just got the unintended consequences. Ive been a part of this thread since day 1 and cannot remember seeing that before.

I am asking a separate question than the one about the ball guide digging into the play field. I agree that should not be the norm.

#18533 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Where can I get a trans light to replace the old farts on a road case premium?
Master of P. /monsters or others?

I'm glad you replaced the translite

#18534 2 years ago
Quoted from gashog301:

free credit knocker..... I hate it

Is there a setting in the game to turn this off? I checked, but I could have missed it.

#18535 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Is there a setting in the game to turn this off? I checked, but I could have missed it.

Yes, you can turn it off in every game.

#18536 2 years ago

Has anybody taken the pinball Refinery Ride the Lightning mod and relocated the LED lightning sticks next to the walls similar to PinStadium products?

#18537 2 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

Has anybody taken the pinball Refinery Ride the Lightning mod and relocated the LED lightning sticks next to the walls similar to PinStadium products?

I’d be interested to see if it made a noticeable difference

#18538 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Standard adj. #44. You can set it to normal, low, or off.

#18539 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Standard adj. #44. You can set it to normal, low, or off.

Thank you !

#18540 2 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

Why not just increase your gi intensity setting. I have my game at 70% and it's bright enough. Factory is 50

#18541 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Why not just increase your gi intensity setting. I have my game at 70% and it's bright enough. Factory is 50

Does this work with the LED Pro models as well? I would think that LED lights are on or off with no in between

#18542 2 years ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Does this work with the LED Pro models as well? I would think that LED lights are on or off with no in between

Yeah I adjusted the brightness on my LED pro and noticed no difference.

#18543 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

The "creeping death" lightning effects are Flashers, not GI. I love the effects that they give but not in love with the location.

#18544 2 years ago

Arrived Saturday

DSC_1391 (resized).JPGDSC_1391 (resized).JPG
#18545 2 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

The "creeping death" lightning effects are Flashers, not GI. I love the effects that they give but not in love with the location.

Hoping someone tries this. UV might light up more on the playfield if it was located higher like pin stadiums

#18546 2 years ago

WTB: Pinbits full protector set.
Anybody happen to have a spare?

Any links to an equivalent set?
I've heard Pinbits hasn't been shipping orders as of recent

#18547 2 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Arrived Saturday [quoted image]

Congrats!

#18548 2 years ago

Who sells the wire coming from sparkys head?

#18549 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:Who sells the wire coming from sparkys head?

Not sure anyone sells it, haven’t seen that mod for quite some time

#18550 2 years ago

Bought mine on ebay a few months ago, you might message him to see if he has any more

Screenshot_20210509-153808_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210509-153808_eBay (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 149.00
$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 371 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/371 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.