C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 370 of 434.
#18451 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

You should only need to remove the plastic over the drops. Feed the wire through the hole to the left of the flasher behind the cross. From the underside, remove the bayonet holder of the flasher. Replace the flasher with the one they provided, and I think you need to connect the cemetary wire to the new flasher wire (it's been a while, but I think there are tiny connectors). Replace the plastic, but before putting on the nuts, put the cemetary on the threaded post and secure with the nut. I believe only one side gets secured? Can't remember. Be careful when securing. The 3D print material is vulnerable and will break if you secure too tight.
Hope that helps.

That’s about spot on. After I looked at the instructions again and looked at the game itself it wasn’t bad at all. I didn’t even have to remove the plastic. Just the one nut to hold the cemetery gate down. I was able to fish the wire where it needed to go and then used the alligator clips to connect to the existing LED flashers

#18452 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Told ya. If you look carefully you would have seen the ball glance the post. I didn't at first and tried all the adjustments etc. Well done mate. Just be aware the foam will probably wear over time and need replacing. Mines been in for a couple years and still good. True fix is physically moving the snake/scoop mech.

I moved the mech and it fixed the problem. Only needs a very small adjustment to make a big difference.
I videoed it on my phone in slow motion and noticed it was hitting the post beforehand.

#18453 2 years ago

Does anyone know the total count of Metallica machines ever made by Stern?

#18454 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Does anyone know the total count of Metallica machines ever made by Stern?

Stern doesn't release production numbers.

#18455 2 years ago

It’s a bunch. They’ve produced MET on and off since 2013 and there don’t seem to be any shortage of them out there. Luckily it’s always in demand cause it kicks ass.

#18456 2 years ago

I think others have made cross mods, but we designed our own and made them a little interactive by tying them into the two top inlane inserts.

PXL_20210429_181339951.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20210429_181339951.NIGHT (resized).jpg
#18457 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I think others have made cross mods, but we designed our own and made them a little interactive by tying them into the two top inlane inserts.

[quoted image]

Yes Please

#18458 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

Love it!

#18459 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

Does it work on the Premium?

#18460 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

Very nice. Can I get it in purple?

#18461 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Does it work on the Premium?

Don't see why it wouldn't. Is there anything different on the premium in that area? They mount to the screw holding the front star post down.

They are up on our site now. I think $35 shipped is reasonable.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/metallica-pinball-interactive-cross-set

#18462 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Very nice. Can I get it in purple?

I can do them in red, green, blue, ice blue, purple, warm and cool white. Choice available on our site.

These are plug and play, 5 min install.

#18463 2 years ago

Bought a neat powered full range speaker at a garage sale today so I hooked it up to Metallica. Didn't really give me what I wanted, probably because I already have upgraded speakers which get loud as hell..so I tried a 10" KLH sub I had laying around. Decent, but felt I could still do better so I stuck a 12" JBL sub under it. Tron can have the KLH.

Subs are fun

received_1877028802463266 (resized).jpegreceived_1877028802463266 (resized).jpegreceived_178057204081360 (resized).jpegreceived_178057204081360 (resized).jpegPXL_20210429_223153884 (resized).jpgPXL_20210429_223153884 (resized).jpgPXL_20210429_222641083 (resized).jpgPXL_20210429_222641083 (resized).jpg

#18464 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Bought a neat powered full range speaker at a garage sale today so I hooked it up to Metallica. Didn't really give me what I wanted, probably because I already have upgraded speakers which get loud as hell..so I tried a 10" KLH sub I had laying around. Decent, but felt I could still do better so I stuck a 12" JBL sub under it. Tron can have the KLH.
Subs are fun
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nothing better than cranking MET till the windows shake and relaxing with my thoughts

#18465 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Nothing better than cranking MET till the windows shake and relaxing with my thoughts

AHAHAHA bingo.

#18466 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

It’s a bunch. They’ve produced MET on and off since 2013 and there don’t seem to be any shortage of them out there. Luckily it’s always in demand cause it kicks ass.

So would you say around 1,000 machines?

#18467 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Hell of a lot more than that.

#18468 2 years ago

It’s actually is a shame that Stern keeps production numbers a trade secret. I think production count is a better indicator of how good a game is than the Pinside rating (at least, for games of the same era). There are a ton of Stern Star Treks, LOTRs and Metallica’s out there, and it’s because they’re all great pins.

#18469 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Well since 941 pinsiders list pros in their collections and 805 list premium and LE versions I think there are probably well over 1000 Metallica’s out there.

#18470 2 years ago

Went to adjust my overly chatty (and sometimes error-throwing) snake mech and found that one of the cables was trapped under the bracket. Loosened the bracket, pulled the cable out, and all good now. Silly how something like that gets missed, but if it wasn't completely level (even just a tiiiiiiiiiiiny bit) I can see why it was kind of grumpy! Glad it's a bit less chatty now. I finally installed the new pop covers too. Any other cool mods I'm missing on this thing?

PXL_20210430_031824943 (resized).jpgPXL_20210430_031824943 (resized).jpgPXL_20210430_033357465.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210430_033357465.MP (resized).jpg
#18471 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

You should only need to remove the plastic over the drops. Feed the wire through the hole to the left of the flasher behind the cross. From the underside, remove the bayonet holder of the flasher. Replace the flasher with the one they provided, and I think you need to connect the cemetary wire to the new flasher wire (it's been a while, but I think there are tiny connectors). Replace the plastic, but before putting on the nuts, put the cemetary on the threaded post and secure with the nut. I believe only one side gets secured? Can't remember. Be careful when securing. The 3D print material is vulnerable and will break if you secure too tight.
Hope that helps.

I have that mod, didn't realize it should flash. Came with my game.

#18472 2 years ago

Metallica Pro sells's for around $6000, while a Tron Pro sells for over $8000. WTH?????

#18473 2 years ago

Anybody want to sell Metallica Pro within four or five hours of St. Louis Missouri? Please PM me if so. Rob

#18474 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Metallica Pro sells's for around $6000, while a Tron Pro sells for over $8000. WTH?????

Easier to find METs FS because they made a lot more than Tron.

#18475 2 years ago

Having spent $7000 on my met premium and $7600 on my tron pro I'll agree...lots more mets to choose from.

Jfc I can't believe I spent this kind of money on any pins, ever...

Tron is one of a handful of games that has gone absolutely balls-high compared to its original MSRP. It doesn't happen that often.

#18476 2 years ago

"Having spent $7000 on my met premium and $7600 on my tron pro I'll agree...lots more mets to choose from.

Jfc I can't believe I spent this kind of money on any pins, ever..."

and shouldn't ! but considering the price for nib Stern pro is now 6199 or some crazy ash number like that I can see a tron costing 7k and at least it isn't a Spike Homepin with a coin door pretending to be a Commercial grade Pinball machine like that of Tron

#18477 2 years ago

6500 Was the Price of a Commercial Grade Metallica Premium Just a stone throw of years ago. Now a Cheap Ash Pro is that ! Tragedy!

#18478 2 years ago

I mean, it's the state of the hobby so it is what it is. But I'm a cheapo budget collector. I've been trading up with cheap pins (IE $1000-2000 pins) for the past year..I guess the goal was to get to a couple of expensive ones but it's still crazy for me to think I've gotten here at all.

#18479 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

at least it isn't a Spike Homepin with a coin door pretending to be a Commercial grade Pinball machine like that of Tron

Are you really clowning Tron as NOT being a 'commercial grade' pin?

#18480 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:Are you really clowning Tron as NOT being a 'commercial grade' pin?

I think he is saying it is commercial grade

#18481 2 years ago

No idea. I kinda felt both ways when I read and then reread.

Tron is an awesome game......imo. As is Metallica.

#18482 2 years ago

It's difficult to even tell demand when Stern does not release the number of machines made.

#18483 2 years ago

Got these installed pics really don’t do them justice. A+ from Rocket City Pinball.

9FB86FA2-A9EE-4532-BA5B-20505C778835 (resized).jpeg9FB86FA2-A9EE-4532-BA5B-20505C778835 (resized).jpegB75B3BA9-E632-4755-9C2F-2ABD174C6BBE (resized).jpegB75B3BA9-E632-4755-9C2F-2ABD174C6BBE (resized).jpeg64B91A97-6A01-44A8-A132-3A9AAD1D3F89 (resized).jpeg64B91A97-6A01-44A8-A132-3A9AAD1D3F89 (resized).jpeg
#18484 2 years ago

tRON=rEAL PIN
Met= Real Pin
BM66 and every Spike pin There after is a Homepin
Twd was the last of real Stern Pinball Machines Commercial Grade .
That is what i am saying .
Many know this already though .
hey at least you can get new titles , And soon maybe you can swap inside decks and just change Mpu and a few node boards and wallah !! pin2k revisited

#18485 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

tRON=rEAL PIN
Met= Real Pin
Twd was the last of real Stern Pinball Machines Commercial Grade .
That is what i am saying .
Many know this already though .
hey at least you can get new titles , And soon maybe you can swap inside decks and just change Mpu and a few node boards and wallah !! pin2k revisited

AHAHAHA touche. I've not been much of a player (let alone collector) of newer games period so I can't speak on a lot of this. Met and Tron were my two biggest grail titles. I have a Black Knight Sword of Rage coming in a week or so (straight across trade for a super cheap Avengers Hulk LE I bought) and I've never played it. Guess I'll see if I like it at all. Hard to go wrong with a Ritchie game USUALLY and I love the black knight IP. These three are likely it for me as far as moderns go for...a while.

#18486 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

tRON=rEAL PIN
Met= Real Pin
Twd was the last of real Stern Pinball Machines Commercial Grade

This almost feels like a troll post. I’ve put Aerosmith and Stern JP on location, and they’re just as reliable and robust as any of my SAM games have been in home use. They aren’t “Homepins”. Heck, my friend’s mall arcade is almost completely Spike 2 games. They very rarely break down, and when they do it’s usually something mechanical that we can fix ourselves.

#18487 2 years ago

Having spent $7000 on my met premium and $7600 on my tron pro I'll agree...lots more mets to choose from.
Jfc I can't believe I spent this kind of money on any pins, ever...
Tron is one of a handful of games that has gone absolutely balls-high compared to its original MSRP. It doesn't happen that often.

I paid $7200 for my NIB MOPLE, still have her

#18488 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This almost feels like a troll post. I’ve put Aerosmith and Stern JP on location, and they’re just as reliable and robust as any of my SAM games have been in home use. They aren’t “Homepins”. Heck, my friend’s mall arcade is almost completely Spike 2 games. They very rarely break down, and when they do it’s usually something mechanical that we can fix ourselves.

We all have our own opinions I guess. I don't have the wealth of experience that a lot of others in this hobby have so I try not to talk down on most games. It is what it is lol

Quoted from kidchrisso:

I paid $7200 for my NIB MOPLE, still have her

There are a few cases where I'm pretty jealous of those who were able to buy NIB: Metallica (prem/LE) Tron, and JJP Pirates. But I doubt I'll ever be able to make such a move. My wife is already less than pleased with the amount of money that's been poured into my collection (plus all the parts!) these past two years.

#18489 2 years ago

AHAHAHA touche. I've not been much of a player (let alone collector) of newer games period so I can't speak on a lot of this. Met and Tron were my two biggest grail titles. I have a Black Knight Sword of Rage coming in a week or so (straight across trade for a super cheap Avengers Hulk LE I bought) and I've never played it. Guess I'll see if I like it at all. Hard to go wrong with a Ritchie game USUALLY and I love the black knight IP. These three are likely it for me as far as moderns go for...a while.

Congrats on the BKSOR! It’s a great game that will keep you on your toes.

#18490 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Congrats on the BKSOR! It’s a great game that will keep you on your toes.

I'm pretty excited. I paid $4000 for the Hulk LE and have to cover shipping on the trade so I'm in to this BKSOR for $4650 which sounds just peachy to me. I miss the Black Knight 2000 I once had (really only for the music / call outs / overall "cool" factor..I think the game is kinda boring) so this is a very welcome addition. I took the Hulk LE to my friend's house over a month ago, about a week after I bought it, so I've been *trying* to patiently wait for the payoff. Glad it's almost done, lol.

received_1084512555310084 (resized).jpegreceived_1084512555310084 (resized).jpeg
#18491 2 years ago

Put a LCD style color dmd in my Metallica today. Very nice upgrade.

#18492 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Put a LCD style color dmd in my Metallica today. Very nice upgrade.

Mine came with that giant ass screen with smoothed color graphics. Some don't like it, it seems, bit I LOVE it.

#18493 2 years ago

Mine came with it too. I love it. Big fan of the Color DMD. I just never want to drop $400 for one. That’s a lot of coin for some color graphics that I never really even look at much.

#18494 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Mine came with it too. I love it. Big fan of the Color DMD. I just never want to drop $400 for one. That’s a lot of coin for some color graphics that I never really even look at much.

That's where I am with my World Cup Soccer. I think it looks AWESOME with it..but that's a ton of cash for something like that and I'm already bleeding out from all the other crap I buy, lol

#18495 2 years ago

I have had a few games with the color dmd but just bought my first two. One is also going in Indy. My Shadow has one as well.

#18496 2 years ago

Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:AHAHAHA touche. I've not been much of a player (let alone collector) of newer games period so I can't speak on a lot of this. Met and Tron were my two biggest grail titles. I have a Black Knight Sword of Rage coming in a week or so (straight across trade for a super cheap Avengers Hulk LE I bought) and I've never played it. Guess I'll see if I like it at all. Hard to go wrong with a Ritchie game USUALLY and I love the black knight IP. These three are likely it for me as far as moderns go for...a while.

When you get the Bksor ,Let me know how you feel about quality of the build /one to the other .
Everything i had after i sold my TWDle from stern as spike felt cheapo , Costco Cheapo !

Quoted from swampfire:

I hope for you and new Spike game holders this stays the way !/
not a Troll post , just many would not touch the Costco Cost games at the lower price so they just upped the game to standard size cabs and cheaper by the Bundle parts by cutting more and more corners . Not Sterns bashing either . just the Prices of the Pro/premium /le i am .
No way jose!! i will not thow down more than 4600-5k with mods Spikes . nope sorry / Not me . not your guy

#18497 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

When you get the Bksor ,Let me know how you feel about quality of the build /one to the other .
Everything i had after i sold my TWDle from stern as spike felt cheapo , Costco Cheapo !

I hope for you and new Spike game holders this stays the way !/

Will do! Hopefully it's not a maintenance queen, I already have enough of those!

#18498 2 years ago

Just joined the club today. I picked up a low play HUO Met Roadcase. It looks like it just came out of the box! It came with the original and the Pro translite. I knew I was getting it Tuesday,but I didn't say anything,because I didn't want to jinx myself.
I also started reading from the very beginning of this thread. I mostly skip over the tips on how to score since the beginning post are seven years old,and are probably no longer relevant.

#18499 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Just joined the club today. I picked up a low play HUO Met Roadcase. It looks like it just came out of the box! It came with the original and the Pro translite. I knew I was getting it Tuesday,but I didn't say anything,because I didn't want to jinx myself.
I also started reading from the very beginning of this thread. I mostly skip over the tips on how to score since the beginning post are seven years old,and are probably no longer relevant.

Sad to see it go but glad you were the one to purchase it Ralph!
You were so excited that you probably didn’t even notice me take these pics!

49E7E2ED-D1F8-464F-9B83-BFA9BD399B74 (resized).jpeg49E7E2ED-D1F8-464F-9B83-BFA9BD399B74 (resized).jpeg70111964-4E41-4221-8F0A-CD4D888273C0 (resized).jpeg70111964-4E41-4221-8F0A-CD4D888273C0 (resized).jpeg
#18500 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:Sad to see it go but glad you were the one to purchase it Ralph!
You were so excited that you probably didn’t even notice me take these pics![quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks again,I've been excited all week,and it seemed like an eternity waiting for Saturday to come.
Thanks for all your help today !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 370 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.