C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 363 of 434.
#18101 3 years ago

sparky reboot...

00000000sparky bernie (resized).jpg00000000sparky bernie (resized).jpg
#18102 3 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

Yeah they were 3D prints, if I remember right he posted the model so if you have access to a printer you can just do it. And if you don't there are places online that will do it for you. Just something to think about.

If anyone has the model file I’d love to print my own!!!

#18103 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

sparky reboot...
[quoted image]

It that the Cleveland version?

#18104 3 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Pinwoofer system is by far the best speaker and amplifier upgrade you can get for your Pin. Crystal clear voices and audio is unbelievable ! Have AC/DC and Metallica and if you don't have this in your machine , your missing out. Simply put, get those weak Factory speakers out of your machine, and upgrade to the best possible audio sound for your Pin !

Wow - dang - that's quite a compliment BigalzPinz ! Good times!

https://PinWoofer.com

#18105 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Nice, if you have the .stl I'd like to give it a try. Thanks.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4735665

It will show up 24 hours from now.

#18106 3 years ago

Awesome, I'll definitely print this tomorrow and give it a shot. Thanks.

#18107 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Awesome, I'll definitely print this tomorrow and give it a shot. Thanks.

show us a pic and give your thoughts when installing!! is it better than just using foam?!

#18108 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

show us a pic and give your thoughts when installing!! is it better than just using foam?!

This is a picture from the 1st version. Ver 2 not as wide and is overlapping in the center to put double sided tape.

20210124_103536 (resized).jpg20210124_103536 (resized).jpg
#18109 3 years ago

you know I stare at the bleeding lights around my dmd now dammit!

#18110 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

sparky reboot...
[quoted image]

Worst mod ever!!

#18111 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

you know I stare at the bleeding lights around my dmd now dammit!

yeah, my acdc came like that. drove me nuts. I had purchased a bunch of the foam ones made by someone on the forum. Whatever works but keeping the light bleed out makes it look stock again.

#18112 3 years ago

My game got picked up today. I’ll have it in 10 days or so.

My friend is going to make me a custom translite. Does anyone know , or can point me where to find, exact dimensions of the backbox translite?

I found one dealer that lists it as 15.5” x 26”. ?

#18113 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

This is a picture from the 1st version. Ver 2 not as wide and is overlapping in the center to put double sided tape.
[quoted image]

This remind me, I designed one of these too. I am also willing to share stl if there is interest. I figured everybody else was just buying the pinmonk gaskets and I was the only cheapskate

20200426_124722 (resized).jpg20200426_124722 (resized).jpg20200426_124802 (resized).jpg20200426_124802 (resized).jpg20200426_131522 (resized).jpg20200426_131522 (resized).jpg
#18114 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

This remind me, I designed one of these too. I am also willing to share stl if there is interest. I figured everybody else was just buying the pinmonk gaskets and I was the only cheapskate [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

where did you get that speaker cover decal? I just realized my Luci looks very odd with a black speaker panel.

#18115 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

where did you get that speaker cover decal? I just realized my Luci looks very odd with a black speaker panel.

It came with the game. Were these not originally made with wood speaker panels (black) and then re-run with the metal panel with the decal (same as Met)?

Back to Metallica content....

Shout out to Fezmid for the tip on the discounted premium tanslite. The blemish that made it a "second" is absolutely invisible. Here is a pic showing both for comparison and if you look really close, you won't see my colorDMD spacer because it's black and there is no bleed through

Quoted from Fezmid:

I was just browsing PBL, and noticed they have a Monsters translite for $60 if anyone's interested. There's a minor imperfection on it apparently.
https://www.pinballlife.com/seconds-metallica-premium-monsters-translite.html

PXL_20210112_035238640 (resized).jpgPXL_20210112_035238640 (resized).jpg
#18116 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

This remind me, I designed one of these too. I am also willing to share stl if there is interest. I figured everybody else was just buying the pinmonk gaskets and I was the only cheapskate [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like that this one is removeable with no tape involved. Can you share the file? Thanks!

[email protected]

#18117 3 years ago

Same here thanks. Even a one piece would be great If you have the stl as my printer can do 400mm square.

Also would these be useful for the led colordmd as it bleeds light too I think
Thanks I'm advance

#18119 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I am in. Can pay whenever is convenient for you.
On a side note, I don’t have my machine yet. (Just paid today) what is the best choice of colordmd? Led or lcd?

I’ve got the LCD set on smoothing in mine if you want to check it out let me know.

I like the way the LED installs better and prefer the dots look, but it was in the game when I got it and I haven’t had any reason to change it, lol.

#18120 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I’ve got the LCD set on smoothing in mine if you want to check it out let me know.
I like the way the LED installs better and prefer the dots look, but it was in the game when I got it and I haven’t had any reason to change it, lol.

My machine shipped yesterday (set to be here Feb. 4), and...my colordmd arrived yesterday. I went with the led version. I like the look and the idea of drop in, plug and play . (Size)

#18121 3 years ago

Anybody willing to make an extra display spacer? Don’t have access to a 3D printer. How much are we talking? Thank you!

#18122 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Anybody willing to make an extra display spacer? Don’t have access to a 3D printer. How much are we talking? Thank you!

I would be interested also

#18123 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

My game got picked up today. I’ll have it in 10 days or so.
My friend is going to make me a custom translite. Does anyone know , or can point me where to find, exact dimensions of the backbox translite?
I found one dealer that lists it as 15.5” x 26”. ?

I’d love to get a translite measurement if someone can find the time.

#18124 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I’d love to get a translite measurement if someone can find the time.

Screenshot_20210126-105420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210126-105420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#18125 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Quoted from finnflash:

I would be interested also

For my design, PM me directly pls. The Thingiverse file carries a creative commons license that restricts alteration and print for resale.

#18126 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

My machine shipped yesterday (set to be here Feb. 4), and...my colordmd arrived yesterday. I went with the led version. I like the look and the idea of drop in, plug and play . (Size)

Good deal dude, enjoy! Maybe one of these days we will get back to league, lol.

#18127 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

It came with the game. Were these not originally made with wood speaker panels (black) and then re-run with the metal panel with the decal (same as Met)?
Back to Metallica content....
Shout out to fezmid for the tip on the discounted premium tanslite. The blemish that made it a "second" is absolutely invisible. Here is a pic showing both for comparison and if you look really close, you won't see my colorDMD spacer because it's black and there is no bleed through
[quoted image]

I have the non vault ac/dc luci. I found a decal from outside the US, thank you!

#18128 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Yes I like the fact that it bolted down. Looks good. It's not that I'm cheap. Sure lol. It's just I'm showing to wife that I can justify the price of the printer.

#18129 3 years ago

Does anyone know the Pinball Browser request number for the match clip?
It's a 6-second clip from Seek & Destroy.
Thanks.

#18130 3 years ago

** Share Your Pinball Browser Sound-Request Catalogs **

I'm working on a catalog of sound request numbers from METLE code v1.8.
I spent a lot of time on a similar catalog for TWD, but my MET catalog only has about twenty entries so far. It's just a simple spreadsheet with tree columns: Request; duration; description.
Anyway, I would be happy to share my work so far with anyone who's interested. I would also be grateful if any of *you* would share your catalogs with me. Maybe we can help each other. If you need to know a particular script/request number, maybe I know it or could help you find it quickly enough. I'm also happy to share how I use Audacity to prep my substitutions.

Thanks!

#18131 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

New sparky coming. Cant wait[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy shirt!
That custom Sparky is bananas!
Look at bullet wound on his belly and the mesh on his helmet!
Top marks for this artist!

(Oops. I guess I responded to a *very* old post!)

#18132 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Holy shirt!
That custom Sparky is bananas!
Look at bullet wound on his belly and the mesh on his helmet!
Top marks for this artist!
(Oops. I guess I responded to a *very* old post!)

what was the post number! I wanna see it again too now

#18133 3 years ago

#18135 3 years ago

What Premium/LE owners among you are using full Cliffy sets?

I'm wondering how the ball behaves when it rolls over the rings that surround the Coffin, Gravemarker, and Sparky magnets. Perhaps the carbon fiber rings are thinner and don't disturb the ball as much.

Do the ramp returns drop on the lane switches, necessitating those switch-slot Cliffys?

Lastly, is the Snake Cliffy necessary? I'm looking at that spot on the PF and I don't see how the ball can "rim" that edge. I mean, it goes into the Snake's mouth or it gets ejected from it, but it never really gets a chance to dig into that rim because the jaw of the snake sits so close to it, etc.

Is if fair to say that mylar rings to surround the Gravemarker and Sparky magnets, plus the Mystery Scoop Cliffy, plus shooter-lane Cliffys are enough?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Metallica-Complete-LE-ST001 (resized).jpgMetallica-Complete-LE-ST001 (resized).jpgchrismagpro1 (resized).jpgchrismagpro1 (resized).jpg
#18136 3 years ago

My premium monsters came with scoop and snake protectors as standard. I added the cliffy shooter protection and have mylar lane switch protectors. I think shooter and scoop should be ample protection

#18137 3 years ago

My met premium came with snake protector only. No other protection and over 2000 games and the scoop looks almost perfect.

#18138 3 years ago

Thanks, LOTR_breath and embryon, for your takes.
I think I will try just the shooter lane and perhaps the scoop Cliffys only.
I'll put a mylar surround on the Gravemarker and Sparky magnets though.

#18139 3 years ago

Pinbits fluorescent green plastics protector set, anyone?

Pinbits is out of stock. Is there another source for this full set in green?

Thanks.

#18140 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

What Premium/LE owners among you are using full Cliffy sets?
I'm wondering how the ball behaves when it rolls over the rings that surround the Coffin, Gravemarker, and Sparky magnets. Perhaps the carbon fiber rings are thinner and don't disturb the ball as much.
Do the ramp returns drop on the lane switches, necessitating those switch-slot Cliffys?
Lastly, is the Snake Cliffy necessary? I'm looking at that spot on the PF and I don't see how the ball can "rim" that edge. I mean, it goes into the Snake's mouth or it gets ejected from it, but it never really gets a chance to dig into that rim because the jaw of the snake sits so close to it, etc.
Is if fair to say that mylar rings to surround the Gravemarker and Sparky magnets, plus the Mystery Scoop Cliffy, plus shooter-lane Cliffys are enough?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
[quoted image][quoted image]

My coffin magnet had a lot of false readings due to the stainless protector, I would recommend carbon there instead if you decide on a protector around that magnet.

#18141 3 years ago

I believe that cliff started offering his version of the snake protector for those experiencing the original metal protector bending. this made it easier to trying to source a replacement from stern.

all premiums and LEs came with one standard from stern, but anyone that's had to remove their snake mechanism potentially overtightened and tweaked the original, leaving it bent and needing a replacement. I added both a cliffy and a mantis protector to my mystery scoop as well as the 2-pc rail eject and the shooter lane guard (although that left piece for the rail eject was a pain in the @ss to install

#18142 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I believe that cliff started offering his version of the snake protector for those experiencing the original metal protector bending. this made it easier to trying to source a replacement from stern.
all premiums and LEs came with one standard from stern, but anyone that's had to remove their snake mechanism potentially overtightened and tweaked the original, leaving it bent and needing a replacement. I added both a cliffy and a mantis protector to my mystery scoop as well as the 2-pc rail eject and the shooter lane guard (although that left piece for the rail eject was a pain in the @ss to install

How'd the mantis go? Do you get more scoop rejects as before or not?

#18143 3 years ago

I’m getting a lot of non registered snake hits when getting a shot in there so I must need to adjust the switch that’s in there. What’s the best way to adjust that switch? You would think if the switch needs to be adjusted it would never sense a ball in there and just sit there but it always kicks the ball out just not register a snake hit. Is that possible?

#18144 3 years ago

Has anyone used Pinball Browser to remove all language from the game? Even with insults turned down to LOW and Parental Content turned off there are still plenty of "hell yeah" and bleeps.

#18145 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

How'd the mantis go? Do you get more scoop rejects as before or not?

Re: Mantis Mystery scoop "Cliffy":

I installed one and it interfered with the ball's ejection path. I was confused at first as to why the eject was irregular. When I took it out and installed a Cliffy there instead, the eject action returned to normal. I think the depth of the Mantis, while cool and helpful for protecting the walls of the hole, somehow ended up in the path of the ball. I don't mean to shirt on Mantis at all. For all I know, I mucked up the installation and caused my own issues. Your results may vary.

#18146 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Has anyone used Pinball Browser to remove all language from the game? Even with insults turned down to LOW and Parental Content turned off there are still plenty of "hell yeah" and bleeps.

If anyone has created a truly "family-friendly" version of the callouts using Pinball Browser it would surprise me as there are probably more than twenty of them and it would take a long time to substitute even silence for each of them.
It's not *too* hard to find the objectionable callouts as they are arranged in related blocks in the code. Once you find one, you can find the several other similar callouts - each by a different band member, say - in the same block. Ditto: Sparky's callouts.

#18147 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Why bother? To make it kid friendly? The game has a guy sitting on an electric chair. Even if you exercised every single callout and changed the music to Baby Shark, you're still left with that.

#18148 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

If anything the game needs more insults and harsher language. Always wanted black knight to step it up.

#18149 3 years ago

Alternate Premium/LE GI Colors; What Have You Tried?

Just wondering if any of you have substituted colors for either/both of the red and blue in the GI.
Purple and green seems to be a theme on this playfield if you have the fluorescent-green plastic protectors. Ever try green/purple/white GI? Sounds dope to me.

#18150 3 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Why bother? To make it kid friendly? The game has a guy sitting on an electric chair. Even if you exercised every single callout and changed the music to Baby Shark, you're still left with that.

LMAO! I want a baby shark MET!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 149.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 363 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/363?hl=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.