C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 362 of 434.
#18051 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Might be interested in total light show if you sell it separately

I'm hoping to sell it as a whole but if someone makes a good offer on the game without it I'll consider it. What's the Total Light Show worth? I don't think you can get it anymore.

#18052 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Kiss, black knight, star wars and more.

A Kiss one would be Amazing!!

#18053 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

What's the Total Light Show worth?

He’s not making them at the moment, but it’s not the easiest mod to install or remove. As you said, selling as a complete pin would be the best. Is parted out, the way pricing is, probably 500-600.

#18054 3 years ago

Over the last couple years several pinsiders have asked me about sparky air ball protectors. I've been out of stock for some time and I've pointed those folks to pinbits to find a protector. But recently it looks like pinbits is out of stock as well. I know its a PITA to not have parts when you want them for your pin... So looking to judge interest if i make another batch of sparky air ball protectors.

Looked up shipping for USPS small flat rate boxes is $8.30 these days. So add in a couple bucks for my time and material I'm looking at about $12 bucks shipped via USPS. As before, sorry I cannot do international shipping.

Please PM me if interested and I'll decide if making another batch makes sense.

Thanks.

19435A4D-8C40-47A5-AEEF-A995524F2543 (resized).jpeg19435A4D-8C40-47A5-AEEF-A995524F2543 (resized).jpeg
#18055 3 years ago

I wish they made a protector for sparkys feet. They really take a beating. I put some clear thicker two way tape on them. Left the plastic on the one side. works pretty good.

#18056 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I wish they made a protector for sparkys feet. They really take a beating. I put some clear thicker two way tape on them. Left the plastic on the one side. works pretty good.

Yeah, my foot broke off... I haven't bothered trying to put it back on yet but I will.

#18057 3 years ago

I have a Prenium and while in Sparky multiball today, all of a sudden the coffin magnet grabbed a ball. I shouldve turned the game off but I was confused and shot another ball at the coffin, which also stuck. Then the magnet released.

Turns out, it released because I blew the F7 fuse.

I haven't replaced it yet, but wondering if anyone has seen the coffin magnet energize during Sparky - it is definitely not supposed to, so not sure if I somehow triggered a bug or if I have something bigger going on that will come back when I replace thr fuse.

#18058 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'm thinking about leaving the club. I have a heavily modded original owner HUO wood backbox Pro. It has Color DMD, shaker, Total Light Show, Pinwoofer sound system, spinners, LEDs, external volume control, Pinnovators headphone kit, mirror blades, titan rings, skull flipper protectors and a bunch of other little things. I think I may make out better if I pulled the Color DMD, Pinwoofer and Total light show and sold those separately. That's well over a grand in mods right there. What would you guys value it in today's market?

I would say $5600 from the sound of things but not really sure how much all the mods really add. I would remove the colordmd and pinwoofer but leave the total light show in the game. You can use colordmd and pinwoofer in another game but total light show will help sell the game for good price.

#18059 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I have a Prenium and while in Sparky multiball today, all of a sudden the coffin magnet grabbed a ball. I shouldve turned the game off but I was confused and shot another ball at the coffin, which also stuck. Then the magnet released.
I haven't replaced it yet, but wondering if anyone has seen the coffin magnet energize during Sparky - it is definitely not supposed to, so not sure if I somehow triggered a bug or if I have something bigger going on that will come back when I replace thr fuse.

I have had this problem about once a year, others as well, but it doesnt seem to be a wide spread or huge issue. I just replace the fuse and play again.

#18060 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I have had this problem about once a year, others as well, but it doesnt seem to be a wide spread or huge issue. I just replace the fuse and play again.

Good to know it's just a glitch, thanks!

#18061 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I would say $5600 from the sound of things but not really sure how much all the mods really add. I would remove the colordmd and pinwoofer but leave the total light show in the game. You can use colordmd and pinwoofer in another game but total light show will help sell the game for good price.

Are you saying $5600 with the Total Light Show, but keeping the Color DMD and Pinwoofer?

#18062 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Check to make sure the transistor is still working. Usually when a fuse goes the transistor is shot.

#18063 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Are you saying $5600 with the Total Light Show, but keeping the Color DMD and Pinwoofer?

Yes. I think you can get more for selling without colordmd. I think you would have an easier time selling for $5600 instead of $6000 with colordmd. Not really familiar with the pinwoofer kit and if it would add that much value.

If you can get a lot of money for the total light show then it might be worth selling separately. I do think that would be a good value adder to your game. Pretty nice to have a mod like that already installed.

#18064 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Yes. I think you can get more for selling without colordmd. I think you would have an easier time selling for $5600 instead of $6000 with colordmd. Not really familiar with the pinwoofer kit and if it would add that much value.
If you can get a lot of money for the total light show then it might be worth selling separately. I do think that would be a good value adder to your game. Pretty nice to have a mod like that already installed.

I was thinking $6k for everything. Pinwoofer was about $300 I think and makes a huge difference for this game. Sounds like I'm in the ballpark. I'll list it for $6k. Thanks.

#18065 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Check to make sure the transistor is still working. Usually when a fuse goes the transistor is shot.

I replaced the fuse last night and everything seems ok. I'm still pretty new on the electronics and repair side, so where would I test that and how would I use the multimeter to do that? Thanks!

#18066 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I think I may make out better if I pulled the Color DMD, Pinwoofer and Total light show and sold those separately.

I would first offer it with the mods installed and see if someone is willing to pay your price. Saves you the time removing them and buyer the time finding and installing them.

#18067 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Which transistor? HOU Met 199. My buddies 200 has never had the problem(Not that those #s matter in reality).

#18068 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I replaced the fuse last night and everything seems ok. I'm still pretty new on the electronics and repair side, so where would I test that and how would I use the multimeter to do that? Thanks!

Quoted from Roostking:

Which transistor? HOU Met 199. My buddies 200 has never had the problem(Not that those #s matter in reality).

I think it was Q12. It is located on one of the boards. Had to use a solder to take it out / put it back in. The fuse continued to blow on mine after replacing it 3 times. That's when I checked the board and found the issue.

#18069 3 years ago

Joined the club today with a prem. Time to read all 362 pages.

#18070 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Joined the club today with a prem. Time to read all 362 pages.

enjoy. I had to bring one back to the collection it is so good.

#18071 3 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Over the last couple years several pinsiders have asked me about sparky air ball protectors. I've been out of stock for some time and I've pointed those folks to pinbits to find a protector. But recently it looks like pinbits is out of stock as well. I know its a PITA to not have parts when you want them for your pin... So looking to judge interest if i make another batch of sparky air ball protectors.
Looked up shipping for USPS small flat rate boxes is $8.30 these days. So add in a couple bucks for my time and material I'm looking at about $12 bucks shipped via USPS. As before, sorry I cannot do international shipping.
Please PM me if interested and I'll decide if making another batch makes sense.
Thanks.[quoted image]

I did end up making up some sparky air ball plastics. Have been shipping them out this week. Lemme know if you need one.
Ive been including a mylar cut to fit on the playfield around sparkys feet and magnet.

Rick

#18072 3 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I did end up making up some sparky air ball plastics. Have been shipping them out this week. Lemme know if you need one.
Ive been including a mylar cut to fit on the playfield around sparkys feet and magnet.
Rick

I am in. Can pay whenever is convenient for you.

On a side note, I don’t have my machine yet. (Just paid today) what is the best choice of colordmd? Led or lcd?

#18073 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

On a side note, I don’t have my machine yet. (Just paid today) what is the best choice of colordmd? Led or lcd?

That comes down to personal preference. I’ve chosen lcd so I have options on the look.

#18074 3 years ago

I have an lcd. The high resolution. Looks really good on this title. On my white water I like the led better. Just a matter of taste.

#18075 3 years ago

Does anyone have the cross insert blocking mod? If so what is that made of? Could you send me a picture? I messaged the guy who originally made the mod but I haven't heard back. Thanks!

#18076 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Does anyone have the cross insert blocking mod? If so what is that made of? Could you send me a picture? I messaged the guy who originally made the mod but I haven't heard back. Thanks!

They appear to be just a 3d printed material. cant say what exactly. They are rectangular with the cross shape opening in the center. They basically just press fit into the rectangular opening.

#18077 3 years ago

Yeah they were 3D prints, if I remember right he posted the model so if you have access to a printer you can just do it. And if you don't there are places online that will do it for you. Just something to think about.

#18078 3 years ago

I have them on my game. I could get a picture of the top of the pf but it's pretty straightforward. It just blocks out the light from bleeding outside the dimensions of the cross. Basically only the cross lights up and not a circle around it. Stern should of done this to begin with. Only costs a few bucks.

#18079 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I just received my (4) ColorDMD LCD this week. Metallic should be installed tomorrow. Installed one in GoT and TWD. I picked the LCD because you can customer selection of 49 different color hues and three different display effects (classic dots, high-definition upscaling, and scan lines) and of course download firmware for your game it's going to be mounted in. Hope this helps some. This was my 1st purchase so I'm no expert.

#18080 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I just received my (4) ColorDMD LCD this week. Metallic should be installed tomorrow. Installed one in GoT and TWD. I picked the LCD because you can customer selection of 49 different color hues and three different display effects (classic dots, high-definition upscaling, and scan lines) and of course download firmware for your game it's going to be mounted in. Hope this helps some. This was my 1st purchase so I'm no expert.

How much and where did ya buy? Been contemplating one,,,,,

#18081 3 years ago

I really like the look of the dmd vs lcd type of look. Sounds like the lcd version gives you that option? I've read that the LCD version is much bigger so it's not as plug and play. ? I had one in my GnR but I didn't install it. It was very big. I guess I'm trying to justify the extra $40 for features that I don't think I'd use.

#18082 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Can you pm me so that i dont loose track of ya. Thanks

#18083 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I really like the look of the dmd vs lcd type of look. Sounds like the lcd version gives you that option? I've read that the LCD version is much bigger so it's not as plug and play. ? I had one in my GnR but I didn't install it. It was very big. I guess I'm trying to justify the extra $40 for features that I don't think I'd use.

LED colordmd is the same size as dmd and direct replacement. LCD colordmd is more square and has to be mounted back a bit. It's not necessary but recommended to get spacer (or make your own) to cover the gap around the display area. If you want the dmd look and don't care about display options, get the led version.

#18084 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I like the LED version because it's cleaner, and I prefer the look of dots. I say try the LED. If you don't like it, I'll buy it from you.

#18085 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How much and where did ya buy? Been contemplating one,,,,,

https://shop.colordmd.com/ $399. Free shipping if buying 3 or more

#18086 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I like the LED version because it's cleaner, and I prefer the look of dots. I say try the LED. If you don't like it, I'll buy it from you.

Ok I just bought the led version. $418 shipped
Ouch

But...i did just sell a nos wg6100 tube for $600, so I had a few bucks to spend

#18087 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Ok I just bought the led version. $418 shipped
Ouch

Why so much? Did you choose overnight shipping?!?!

#18088 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Why so much? Did you choose overnight shipping?!?!

tell me about it

$369
$28 ish in tax
$17 for shipping (should be $8 in california, but whatever)

#18089 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

tell me about it
$369
$28 ish in tax
$17 for shipping (should be $8 in california, but whatever)

Ah, OK. I live in tax-free NH, so I never think of that.

#18090 3 years ago

I assume many people have, but has anyone installed the 10" flipper fidelity kit? It says something on the site about moving a side rail, or something to that effect. (for Met and TWD premium and LE)

Is it a pretty easy install?

#18091 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I assume many people have, but has anyone installed the 10" flipper fidelity kit?

Yep - then replaced it all with a PinWoofer system. A MUCH better alternative, cleaner sounds, control of the backbox tone. You’ll hear things you’ve never heard before in the game. Do it once and do it right!

#18092 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

https://shop.colordmd.com/ $399. Free shipping if buying 3 or more

Installed all 4 this week. Met,TWD,Mustang and GoT. 3D printed box to block light and dust.

20210123_120543 (resized).jpg20210123_120543 (resized).jpg20210123_120705 (resized).jpg20210123_120705 (resized).jpg
#18093 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Installed all 4 this week. Met,TWD,Mustang and GoT. 3D printed box to block light and dust.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Tell me about the 3D printed box please. I used weather stripping on my AC/DC and that worked OK. I know they sell a shroud but I think it's $30.

#18094 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Yep - then replaced it all with a PinWoofer system. A MUCH better alternative, cleaner sounds, control of the backbox tone. You’ll hear things you’ve never heard before in the game. Do it once and do it right!

So now I gotta spend another $400.....

How difficult is the install?

#18095 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

So now I gotta spend another $400.....
How difficult is the install?

Very easy to install. I'm slow and took about 30 mins.

Quoted from Shredso:

Tell me about the 3D printed box please. I used weather stripping on my AC/DC and that worked OK. I know they sell a shroud but I think it's $30.

I measured the opening and added about 12mm to height and width. I printed it in two sections because it's about 15" long. I had tabs on it and put double sided tape and put it on acrylic screen when it was in place. Made it 3/4" (19.06mm).
I'll get better measurements tomorrow not at home now.

#18096 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Very easy to install. I'm slow and took about 30 mins.

I measured the opening and added about 12mm to height and width. I printed it in two sections because it's about 15" long. I had tabs on it and put double sided tape and put it on acrylic screen when it was in place. Made it 3/4" (19.06mm).
I'll get better measurements tomorrow not at home now.

Nice, if you have the .stl I'd like to give it a try. Thanks.

#18097 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Nice, if you have the .stl I'd like to give it a try. Thanks.

That's not a problem. Will be tomorrow. Thanks

#18098 3 years ago

Pinwoofer system is by far the best speaker and amplifier upgrade you can get for your Pin. Crystal clear voices and audio is unbelievable ! Have AC/DC and Metallica and if you don't have this in your machine , your missing out. Simply put, get those weak Factory speakers out of your machine, and upgrade to the best possible audio sound for your Pin !

#18099 3 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Pinwoofer system is by far the best speaker and amplifier upgrade you can get for your Pin. Crystal clear voices and audio is unbelievable ! Have AC/DC and Metallica and if you don't have this in your machine , your missing out. Simply put, get those weak Factory speakers out of your machine, and upgrade to the best possible audio sound for your Pin !

I’m doing it. $1000 in mods already and my machine hasn’t even shipped yet. Money well spent!!

#18100 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I’m doing it

That's the only way to roll! You'll be amazed at the PinWoofer system. Glad to see others are also rocking it out!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 149.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 362 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/362?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.