C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 361 of 434.
#18001 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I was getting some ball hangups in the orbit area behind Sparky. When I investigated, I noticed an empty hole near the pop-up post. Is that supposed to be that way? Could someone check to see what hardware should be there and on the underside? I couldn’t find it in the manual. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very interesting. I looked at my game and that hole is not even there.

#18002 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Very interesting. I looked at my game and that hole is not even there.

Same here. No hole, and no graphics to indicate a hole there. Mine is a first-run Pro.

#18003 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Same here. No hole, and no graphics to indicate a hole there. Mine is a first-run Pro.

Hmm...looks like a mystery here. Mine is a late-run premium. Any info appreciated.

#18004 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I was getting some ball hangups in the orbit area behind Sparky. When I investigated, I noticed an empty hole near the pop-up post. Is that supposed to be that way? Could someone check to see what hardware should be there and on the underside? I couldn’t find it in the manual. Thanks!

The premium here has the hole, with nothing installed. No problems with ball hangups.

#18005 3 years ago

Anyone install a Pin2DMD in their MET PRO? I got the pbm files from j_m_, but cannot get them working with Pin2DMD. Followed all directions from JM for firmware part and on pin2dmd (https://pin2dmd.com/pinball-browser/) for the PAL file...still can't get it to work.

Do I need a separate cable (GPIO or Serial) to get it to work (no extra connections on pin2dmd)? It may also be Pinball Browser is not running the macro properly, as it throws up hundreds of msgboxs about defining palette for non-full dmd fame. If anyone already has a patched BIN via pinball browser before it gave these errors... I could try that.

Any help is appreciated.

#18006 3 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

The premium here has the hole, with nothing installed. No problems with ball hangups.

Had to check mine! No hole on a metal backbox run premium.

#18007 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I didn’t think about it. Yes it’s near the vent for the room. Blows right on it. I will redirect the air today. Thank you!

Not that the vent couldn't be a contributing factor, but this was a fairly common problem on Metallicas a few years back. I had a Pro that had this issue on both sides and it was never near a vent. I was able to smooth it out somewhat by taking the bolts out and using a heat gun, but it never looked perfect again.

#18008 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have spoken to Joe directly and he is aware of the snake production problems and has told me he will send a replacement so he has a good business ethic at least. Will update soon. Thank you Joe

Just for the record. This never happened. My MET is gone now but i never did see that replacement snake or hear from Joe again. Empty promises i guess. Still loved the mod. Happy Flipping. Heres to a better 2021

#18009 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Had to check mine! No hole on a metal backbox run premium.

sorry if I missed it.. but did anyone figure out what the hole was for in the first place?! I keep forgetting to check if mine has one! will check tonight

#18010 3 years ago

I lent my Metallica to a buddy over the holidays but the gravestones are "popping up and down" at unforeseen times. He's a COMPLETE NEWBIE and doesn't even know how to raise a playfield so for now, I thought I'd tell him to DISABLE the gravestones, so he can -- at least -- continue to play the game until he can get someone out there to fix it (no time soon, obviously).

Can someone with a METALLICA tell me step-by-step which SETTINGS to update so that he can disable the gravestones and still be able to play?

Thanks a bunch!

#18011 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I lent my Metallica to a buddy over the holidays but the gravestones are "popping up and down" at unforeseen times. He's a COMPLETE NEWBIE and doesn't even know how to raise a playfield so for now, I thought I'd tell him to DISABLE the gravestones, so he can -- at least -- continue to play the game until he can get someone out there to fix it (no time soon, obviously).
Can someone with a METALLICA tell me step-by-step which SETTINGS to update so that he can disable the gravestones and still be able to play?
Thanks a bunch!

I remember in the setting adjustments there was a way to disable sparky and his magnet, so I would think there would be a setting to disable the grave markers. Did you already go through the adjustment settings?

#18012 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I remember in the setting adjustments there was a way to disable sparky and his magnet, so I would think there would be a setting to disable the grave markers. Did you already go through the adjustment settings?

That's what I mean. I can't see his machine or go to his place (covid) so I can't advise him "in the blind". Can you tell me which MENU items he needs to click on to get to that option? For example, click on MENU first, then choose ADJUSTMENTS, then choose FEATURE ADJUSTMENTS, etc....?

#18013 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

[quoted image][quoted image]

What’s your build date? I have a first run premium and I don’t have that... I think mines 7-2-13

#18014 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

That's what I mean. I can't see his machine or go to his place (covid) so I can't advise him "in the blind". Can you tell me which MENU items he needs to click on to get to that option? For example, click on MENU first, then choose ADJUSTMENTS, then choose FEATURE ADJUSTMENTS, etc....?

Feature adjustments # 89 change to yes

#18015 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Feature adjustments # 89 change to yes

Thank you, it worked! Much appreciated.

#18016 3 years ago

I was just browsing PBL, and noticed they have a Monsters translite for $60 if anyone's interested. There's a minor imperfection on it apparently.
https://www.pinballlife.com/seconds-metallica-premium-monsters-translite.html

#18017 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I was just browsing PBL, and noticed they have a Monsters translite for $60 if anyone's interested. There's a minor imperfection on it apparently.
https://www.pinballlife.com/seconds-metallica-premium-monsters-translite.html

This is the translight I have on mine. What is the monsters version? just a different translight?

#18018 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

This is the translight I have on mine. What is the monsters version? just a different translight?

There was 2 premiums. Monsters and Road case. You must have a Monsters premium

#18019 3 years ago

You don't see too many Road Case versions. I don't think they sold very many of them.

met premium (resized).jpgmet premium (resized).jpg
#18020 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I don't think they sold very many of them.

100. Would love to add one to my collection!

#18021 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

100. Would love to add one to my collection!

The cabinet art is cool, but I'm not a fan of the translite. I think the monster look or the skeleton look on GnR is the way to go for band pins. While I'm a huge Suicidal fan (Trujillo is amazing) he's not the bass player when I think of Metallica. It's a little less apparent when he's monsterized. Personally if it was a live shot I'd want to see the And Justice for All or Master of Puppets look. I'm sure everyone would differ what era they like the most. The cartoon versions blur that line a little.

#18022 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

not a fan of the translite.

Agreed on the translite! It’s the cabinet art that is so simple, yet bad ass!

#18023 3 years ago

And justice for all translite and road case cabinet would have been awesome!

#18024 3 years ago

I have the Road Case Premium with the Monsters translite.
Best of both worlds if you ask me

#18025 3 years ago

I picked up a premium after 2 years of not having a MET in my collection. I forgot how good this game is and really liking the premium upgrades from the pro.

#18026 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I picked up a premium after 2 years of not having a MET in my collection. I forgot how good this game is and really liking the premium upgrades from the pro.

I joined the club (again) about two months ago! Forgot to post. Back in with an ultra sweet Promium that GorillaBiscuits used to own and upgraded the hell out of. Has every Prem feature pretty much other than the hammer.

Monsters translite signed by Borg, custom Sparky painted by Dirty Donny, total light show, custom apron, color DMD, spinners, interactive speaker panel, shaker, lasered armor, etc.

Also has a very cool snake bony / anatomy ramp mod that I’ve only seen once or twice before.

9FE87E7A-8BC1-456B-8333-B0CBABECDE8F (resized).jpeg9FE87E7A-8BC1-456B-8333-B0CBABECDE8F (resized).jpeg5977A66D-0A01-4078-AB28-EB77583A080E (resized).jpeg5977A66D-0A01-4078-AB28-EB77583A080E (resized).jpegBADA4CC5-4A70-4913-A723-55C43DA74DC3 (resized).jpegBADA4CC5-4A70-4913-A723-55C43DA74DC3 (resized).jpeg7BD89712-53E9-47B3-AC5A-CAE1B850DCC7 (resized).jpeg7BD89712-53E9-47B3-AC5A-CAE1B850DCC7 (resized).jpegF583F52B-566B-43A8-88B6-CB947B60CD43 (resized).jpegF583F52B-566B-43A8-88B6-CB947B60CD43 (resized).jpeg3C59F7CD-D0F7-4865-86A7-4F71C0234AAD (resized).jpeg3C59F7CD-D0F7-4865-86A7-4F71C0234AAD (resized).jpeg

#18027 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I joined the club (again) about two months ago! Forgot to post. Back in with an ultra sweet Promium that gorillabiscuits used to own and upgraded the hell out of. Has every Prem feature pretty much other than the hammer.
Monsters translite signed by Borg, custom Sparky painted by Dirty Donny, total light show, custom apron, color DMD, spinners, interactive speaker panel, shaker, etched armor, etc.
Also has a very cool snake bony / anatomy ramp mod that I’ve only seen once or twice before.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

damn, I like that boney snake thingy.

#18028 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

What’s your build date? I have a first run premium and I don’t have that... I think mines 7-2-13

Mine is October 2018.

#18029 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

damn, I like that boney snake thingy.

Yeah, it’s pretty damn cool. Adds a lot visually to that side of the game. Pretty detailed too. I’m not sure you can get them anymore.

#18030 3 years ago

missing an important piece tho !
*blue backbox lights are no longer there! replaced with cool white*

20200301_154622 (resized).jpg20200301_154622 (resized).jpgIMG_1665 (resized).jpgIMG_1665 (resized).jpgIMG_1667 (resized).jpgIMG_1667 (resized).jpgIMG_1669 (resized).jpgIMG_1669 (resized).jpg

#18031 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

*blue baxkbox lights are no longer there!*
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

so who did this snake boney snake mod?? I want one

#18032 3 years ago

nICE mAD Hatter Sparky

#18033 3 years ago

Spinny-Vinny..... made them , not sure if hes still around

#18034 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

*blue baxkbox lights are no longer there!*

What? That’s disappointing if I’m missing that piece. I’ll have to do some research. Thanks Dion.

#18035 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

What? That’s disappointing if I’m missing that piece. I’ll have to do some research. Thanks Dion.

Turn it on.... I can see the faint outline of the sparky electric spheres back there, and the bulbs are mounted up high back there .. might just be the angle of the pic with no lights on. And I don't think the bulbs came blue stock.

#18036 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Turn it on.... I can see the faint outline of the sparky electric spheres back there, and the bulbs are mounted up high back there .. might just be the angle of the pic with no lights on. And I don't think the bulbs came blue stock.

I meant the head of the snake Slick. Haha. You hitting the bottle already at 7PM?

#18037 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I meant the head of the snake Slick. Haha. You hitting the bottle already at 7PM?

Ooooh, you meant you changed out the color.... When ya said they weren't there, I thought you couldnt see the bulbs in there

#18038 3 years ago

Spinny-vinny did make these mods.. I'm not sure if he's still in the pinball mods either.. last I read some people were having a hard time reaching him. I follow his IG account and he's definitely busy with an art studio and painting big pieces! Reach out to him tho, maybe he has more made! Mine was an early prototype i believe.. not sure tho how many more out there tho. The sparky is done by Vince too but it came with my pin when I bought it. I've since got the matching shooter rod and snake ramp mods..
20170129_124250 (resized).jpg20170129_124250 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#18039 3 years ago

Purchased a LCD ColorDMD for Metallica today. Plus one for TWD, GoT and Mustang. And saved some money by not buying a topper.

#18040 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Purchased a LCD ColorDMD for Metallica today. Plus one for TWD, GoT and Mustang. And saved some money by not buying a topper.

Maybe. But I think they do look good

20201014_145056 (resized).jpg20201014_145056 (resized).jpg
#18041 3 years ago

Looks even better with translight in

#18042 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Looks even better with translight in

Didn't notice I was looking at the topper.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Maybe. But I think they do look good
[quoted image]

Didn't mean Metallica topper, just seen the GB topper for like $2500

#18043 3 years ago

Ya gb was crazy. Kiss topper just sold on ebay for 2600!

#18044 3 years ago

Okay that topper is pretty legit.

#18045 3 years ago

Best part was $300 shipped. Was real lucky , just looking at ads and asked guy if he would sell separate from game

#18046 3 years ago

Yeah, would agree. That photo makes this topper look more appealing than the advertisement photo. Nice grab.

Wished I jumped on it a few years ago when I had the chance.

#18047 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

But I think they do look good

Love that topper!!

#18048 3 years ago

I'm thinking about leaving the club. I have a heavily modded original owner HUO wood backbox Pro. It has Color DMD, shaker, Total Light Show, Pinwoofer sound system, spinners, LEDs, external volume control, Pinnovators headphone kit, mirror blades, titan rings, skull flipper protectors and a bunch of other little things. I think I may make out better if I pulled the Color DMD, Pinwoofer and Total light show and sold those separately. That's well over a grand in mods right there. What would you guys value it in today's market?

#18049 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya gb was crazy. Kiss topper just sold on ebay for 2600!

I was over at a friends shop today and he had a stack of stern toppers in stock. Kiss, black knight, star wars and more. I think I counted 5 black knight toppers. I thought about robbing him and making a fortune on ebay.

#18050 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'm thinking about leaving the club. I have a heavily modded original owner HUO wood backbox Pro. It has Color DMD, shaker, Total Light Show, Pinwoofer sound system, spinners, LEDs, external volume control, Pinnovators headphone kit, mirror blades, titan rings, skull flipper protectors and a bunch of other little things. I think I may make out better if I pulled the Color DMD, Pinwoofer and Total light show and sold those separately. That's well over a grand in mods right there. What would you guys value it in today's market?

Might be interested in total light show if you sell it separately

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 361 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/361?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.