C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 434.
#17851 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

It seems like my CIU scoop is rejecting the ball a lot. I'll hit what I think should go in, it rattles around but never goes in the scoop... I've looked at it briefly, and I don't necessarily see anything to tweak, but I didn't look too closely.
I find that the snake rejects the ball too. If it goes really slow or really fast, it gets in there, but if it's a medium shot, it seems to rattle in and out.
I don't think it's always been like this, but it's hard to say... I can't tell if this is something I should be looking to adjust, or if I just suck (or maybe a little of both...).

Never had an issue with the scoop. Have you installed a cliffy or something like that? That would tighten up the shot. It's a tough shot but ball often falls in on my pro. Snake is always a bit tough to stick so that sounds normal to me. Only thing I would recommend is checking for anything loose.

#17852 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

It seems like my CIU scoop is rejecting the ball a lot. I'll hit what I think should go in, it rattles around but never goes in the scoop... I've looked at it briefly, and I don't necessarily see anything to tweak, but I didn't look too closely.
I find that the snake rejects the ball too. If it goes really slow or really fast, it gets in there, but if it's a medium shot, it seems to rattle in and out.
I don't think it's always been like this, but it's hard to say... I can't tell if this is something I should be looking to adjust, or if I just suck (or maybe a little of both...).

Never had an issue with the scoop. Have you installed a cliffy or something like that? That would tighten up the shot. It's a tough shot but ball often falls in on my pro. Snake is always a bit tough to stick so that sounds normal to me. Only thing I would recommend is checking for anything loose.

Quoted from MrCleanHead:

I recently picked up a fairly clean Metallica Premium that was on route and was wondering what mods are worth putting on it. I know its a older game and not everything is (probably) available. I know the Color LCD looks great but Im not ready to spend the $400+ just yet.
The only issues that I see is some ware around the Sparky magnet, but not to bad and should be able to touch it up. Also, the coil that moves Sparky works but it seems that the gap is to far to make it work in game, maybe just a small adjustment is needed...?
Any Advise would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rob

Colordmd is a bit expensive but worth it imo. Red dmd just looks awful. External sub also highly recommended since music is a big part of the gameplay. Snake fangs, tongue decal, and sparky airball protector are also great and cheap.

I had the same problem with Sparky. Magnet works but Sparky did not shake. I forget exactly what I did but made adjustments where the metal plate was closer to the magnet. Worked fine since.

Are you magnet cores mushroomed? If so might want to replace them or grind them down. Sounds like it if wear around them.

#17853 3 years ago

A bottle of old No7, is a good mod.

20190427_191530-1 (resized).jpg20190427_191530-1 (resized).jpg
#17854 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

I recently picked up a fairly clean Metallica Premium that was on route and was wondering what mods are worth putting on it. I know its a older game and not everything is (probably) available. I know the Color LCD looks great but Im not ready to spend the $400+ just yet.
The only issues that I see is some ware around the Sparky magnet, but not to bad and should be able to touch it up. Also, the coil that moves Sparky works but it seems that the gap is to far to make it work in game, maybe just a small adjustment is needed...?
Any Advise would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rob

A nice topper just kidding.

IMG20201021212818 (resized).jpgIMG20201021212818 (resized).jpg
#17855 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

A bottle of old No7, is a good mod.
[quoted image]

That’s funny. LMAO!

#17856 3 years ago

Forgot to mention I wouldn’t leave it there...if that broke and leaked in the game.....

#17857 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

What model works the best off Amazon?
This is the one thing that is a little disappointing to me for a music pin, especially a game that should crank. Plus I'm spoiled with the sound on TNA, best sound for a Pin ever! How do I go about doing this? The current wires are soldered to the sub speaker. Im assuming I remove them and attach a extension with RCA jacks and then run it to a powered sub? No other power boards required? How about something like the flipper fidelity or Pinball Pro.

This is the sub I and many people seem to use. I just connected some alligator clips and clipped to the existing sub connections so both subs are working. Some people solder, but alligator clips seem to work well.

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-PSW10-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=sr_1_11

#17858 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

This is the sub I and many people seem to use. I just connected some alligator clips and clipped to the existing sub connections so both subs are working. Some people solder, but alligator clips seem to work well.
amazon.com link »

Yup, that's a good sub - although it frequently goes on sale for $99, so if you want to be patient, you can wait.

I like using the Pinnovators PINSub connection: https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/metallica/products/pinsub-sam-stern-kit

Probably not strictly necessary, but it seems like a nice piece of kit.

#17859 3 years ago

I never understood why people wanted the PINsub. Its probably a little cleaner looking maybe, but you are just grabbing the same exact signal, just from a different place. To each their own I guess. The Polk sub on its own its always my first upgrade (and you can have 2 pins share 1 sub).

#17860 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I never understood why people wanted the PINsub. Its probably a little cleaner looking maybe, but you are just grabbing the same exact signal, just from a different place. To each their own I guess. The Polk sub on its own its always my first upgrade (and you can have 2 pins share 1 sub).

Yea, $35 bucks vs 2 alligator clips. No brainer for me. It is cleaner though.

#17861 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I like the cleaner look. Maybe it's my OCD, but alligator clips look like a kludge.

#17862 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I like the cleaner look. Maybe it's my OCD, but alligator clips look like a kludge.

Yeah, but every time I look at my alligator clips, I remember the awesome chicken parm sub I bought with the extra money

#17863 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yeah, but every time I look at my alligator clips, I remember the awesome chicken parm sub I bought with the extra money

Dammit, now I want a chicken parm too but I cant afford it because of the PINsub!

#17864 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Forgot to mention I wouldn’t leave it there...if that broke and leaked in the game.....

Been in there for at least a year now. If it breaks I'll lick the playfield.
All my game have one. We ran out of booze one night, never again.

20190427_191509 (resized).jpg20190427_191509 (resized).jpg20190427_191545 (resized).jpg20190427_191545 (resized).jpg20190427_191603-1 (resized).jpg20190427_191603-1 (resized).jpg20190512_110817 (resized).jpg20190512_110817 (resized).jpg
#17865 3 years ago

It's plastic, but maybe I should rotate the stock this weekend.

Quoted from Pickle:

#17866 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

It's plastic, but maybe I should rotate the stock this weekend.

I bet that stripper would like some Captain in her LOL! My poison of choice personally.

#17867 3 years ago

Found this a few weeks ago

20201014_135131 (resized).jpg20201014_135131 (resized).jpg20201014_145056 (resized).jpg20201014_145056 (resized).jpg
#17868 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Thats sweet!! Are they for sale somewhere?

#17869 3 years ago

No, I called tilt topper and its a one off

Screenshot_20201014-180941_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201014-180941_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201014-181011_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201014-181011_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#17870 3 years ago

Didn't know when I bought it. I paid 300. But worth it to me

#17871 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Didn't know when I bought it. I paid 300. But worth it to me

I would have paid 300 for sure! Nice find.

#17872 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great

#17873 3 years ago

shooter rod, sparky, and snake mod w/ramp pieces all done by spinny-vinny. (apparently he has moved on from pinball mods & not sure he sells stuff anymore)

20170129_124250 (resized).jpg20170129_124250 (resized).jpg20180305_174038_006 (resized).jpg20180305_174038_006 (resized).jpg20190715_121505 (resized).jpg20190715_121505 (resized).jpg
#17874 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

shooter rod, sparky, and snake mod w/ramp pieces all done by spinny-vinny. (apparently he has moved on from pinball mods & not sure he sells stuff anymore)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great lookin!

#17875 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I missed out on the full ramp snake MOD cover. Bummer.

#17876 3 years ago

Me too. And shooter

#17877 3 years ago

I thought the creeping death uv lighting,decals, and side art blades for $75.00 was a steal from pinball refinery. I don't understand why everyone doesn't do it for that price?

#17878 3 years ago

I thought the creeping death uv lighting,decals, and side art blades for $75.00 was a steal from pinball refinery. I don't understand why everyone doesn't do it for

#17879 3 years ago

As a package for that price?

#17880 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I thought the creeping death uv lighting,decals, and side art blades for $75.00 was a steal from pinball refinery. I don't understand why everyone doesn't do it for that price?

two long, obstructive, rods constantly in your vision and even more distracting when activated. they just don't look good IMO

#17881 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

two long, obstructive, rods constantly in your vision and even more distracting when activated. they just don't look good IMO

The one I bought had then already installed but they don't feel obstructive at all... and how is it distracting? All it does in mine is make it look like the lightning is flashing at times.

#17882 3 years ago

...........Not distracting at all,,,,, the Creeping Death Lighting adds an amazing Light show, and adds so much more to the game

#17883 3 years ago

when they are not turned on they just don't look like they belong under the glass to me. to each their own tho.. I can see how the flashing lights are attractive. just not for me

#17884 3 years ago

I've done it. I have finally done it. I blew this thing up (for me). Finally got to the end of the line. What an amazing game.

20201109_184959 (resized).jpg20201109_184959 (resized).jpg20201109_190206 (resized).jpg20201109_190206 (resized).jpg
#17885 3 years ago

Wow! Congratulations! I hope to someday,probably sell it when I do. Any pointers?

#17886 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

As a package for that price?

All the pieces add up to that, they are not obstructing anything? If anything they add another layer of depth to the playfield. Makes it look more interesting than other games for players to push the start button.

#17887 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Wow! Congratulations! I hope to someday,probably sell it when I do. Any pointers?

Man, stay alive. Lol. I kept starting multiballs to supplement me getting the shots I needed to keep starting crank it up modes. This was all on factory settings, but I was surprised how many extra balls it awarded me. I must have gotten 5 during this game.

But yeah, points aren't in multiballs. They're always from crank it up, which I did terribly. I also shit the bed when I got to the end of the line, but I'm still happy.

#17888 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I've gotten EOL a handful of times. The toughest pointer is get out of Crank it Up modes as soon as possible. Hit the cross while ball save is on, and Sparky if you have time. Snake and captive ball are a little safer IMO. Collect all 4 and cash out. It's tough not to play them through once you earn them. 2nd pointer would be try not to stack multiballs, and never use one when CIU is lit. With the latest code and all the extra balls I feel like EOL is doable for anyone. Good luck!

#17889 3 years ago

Thanks yall. Ill get crackin.

#17890 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I've gotten EOL a handful of times. The toughest pointer is get out of Crank it Up modes as soon as possible. Hit the cross while ball save is on, and Sparky if you have time. Snake and captive ball are a little safer IMO. Collect all 4 and cash out. It's tough not to play them through once you earn them. 2nd pointer would be try not to stack multiballs, and never use one when CIU is lit. With the latest code and all the extra balls I feel like EOL is doable for anyone. Good luck!

I go for snake first since mine will shoot sdtm once in a while. The main important thing to get to EOTL is not starting Seek and Destroy. You want to get as many hurry ups completed without getting the last. If you do start the last hurry up, cradle the ball and time it out. Use mb's to earn your way to CIU. Avoid starting MB if you have a CIU mode lit or only need a few more shots. Best thing is to have a mb close to starting when you come out of a CIU mode.

#17891 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I go for snake first since mine will shoot sdtm once in a while. The main important thing to get to EOTL is not starting Seek and Destroy. You want to get as many hurry ups completed without getting the last. If you do start the last hurry up, cradle the ball and time it out. Use mb's to earn your way to CIU. Avoid starting MB if you have a CIU mode lit or only need a few more shots. Best thing is to have a mb close to starting when you come out of a CIU mode.

I didn't mention not starting Seek and Destroy because I can never avoid it. Cradling once the hurry up starts is a good idea, it's difficult to avoid that captive ball, especially in a multiball.

#17892 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I didn't mention not starting Seek and Destroy because I can never avoid it. Cradling once the hurry up starts is a good idea, it's difficult to avoid that captive ball, especially in a multiball.

I personally like getting seek and destroy. There are a lot of points to be had in that mode. It isn't like re lighting your shots is super hard as long as you keep the ball alive.

#17893 3 years ago

I was inspired to try getting to EOTL today based on the recent posts. Managed to get three CIUs (which has only happened a few times in the three years I've owned the machine). I had an extra ball waiting in the scoop and shot for it... The ball rattled around and then flew right back at the flippers, SDTM. Hurt my palm by smacking the machine in anger. I had all but one lane completely lit to help make it to the last CIU, and felt I had a real shot...

I've NEVER been able to reliably hit the scoop. Any pointers?

#17894 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I've NEVER been able to reliably hit the scoop. Any pointers?

With a little practice, I have gotten pretty decent at putting it into the scoop with a lazy backhand (or at least that's what I call it). From a cradle on the right flipper, give it a quick tap so that it rolls back up the inline a little. Then with the flipper still up, let it roll back up the bat. Once it makes it about 2/3 of the way back up the flipper, give it another quick tap and it should have just enough oomph to lob into the scoop. The ball will have very little speed, so a miss is reasonably safe to get control back unless the right sling gets to it.

But of course, in the heat a game I usually forget this trick and just try to hit the scoop on the fly from the left flipper. After about 4 misses I end up eating the ball

#17895 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

With a little practice, I have gotten pretty decent at putting it into the scoop with a lazy backhand (or at least that's what I call it). From a cradle on the right flipper, give it a quick tap so that it rolls back up the inline a little. Then with the flipper still up, let it roll back up the bat. Once it makes it about 2/3 of the way back up the flipper, give it another quick tap and it should have just enough oomph to lob into the scoop. The ball will have very little speed, so a miss is reasonably safe to get control back unless the right sling gets to it.
But of course, in the heat a game I usually forget this trick and just try to hit the scoop on the fly from the left flipper. After about 4 misses I end up eating the ball

Oooh, will have to try that - never thought about backhanding it!

#17896 3 years ago

I played another game to practice the backhand scoop shot... before I had a chance, Sparky started going crazy. Wtf? Look up and what do I see? His foot fell off.

20201110_132748 (resized).jpg20201110_132748 (resized).jpg
#17897 3 years ago

I've asked before but got no real replies so hoping to find an answer.

I think my game is a bit buggy and wonder if a code reinstall is required?

When trying to light inserts, a shot to the block or stand ups at the ramp will light the 3 corresponding snake inserts.

I have tested switches and from memory all works fine.

Video showing issue. Hope it's understandable.

#17898 3 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I've asked before but got no real replies so hoping to find an answer.
I think my game is a bit buggy and wonder if a code reinstall is required?
When trying to light inserts, a shot to the block or stand ups at the ramp will light the 3 corresponding snake inserts.
I have tested switches and from memory all works fine.
Video showing issue. Hope it's understandable.

Man, that seems like the switch matrix is needing a look at. Go to your test menu. I bet the switch that acts like the snake is hit is also in the same row or column as the snake itself. Start there.

#17899 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I played another game to practice the backhand scoop shot... before I had a chance, Sparky started going crazy. Wtf? Look up and what do I see? His foot fell off.
[quoted image]

Is there a protector for Sparky's feet? I've seen another game where this happened and I don't want it to happen to mine.

#17900 3 years ago

Yes, bought mine 2 yrs ago from mezel, I think

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/358?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.