C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 353 of 434.
#17601 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrat:

I'm thinking about putting my Metallica Pop Vinyls as toppers on my pin. Possibly something like this?

Funco Pops aren't for everyone, but the cool thing about modding is we each can mod to our own taste.

#17602 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Agreed. Those are goofy looking. MET needs a badass topper.

There's this one:

20190211_192320 (resized).jpg20190211_192320 (resized).jpg
#17603 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

There's this one:[quoted image]

It’s fun to look at but it doesn’t kill it for me. I have yet to see a MET topper that just blows me away. There are many nice topper choices out there tho.

#17604 3 years ago

It’s fun to look at but it doesn’t kill it for me. I have yet to see a MET topper that just blows me away. There are many nice topper choices out there tho.

Love mine
IMG_20190920_214234026 (resized).jpgIMG_20190920_214234026 (resized).jpg

#17605 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Love mine
[quoted image]

Haha yes I’ve seen that one too!! It’s wacky and one of kind...dude only made so many of them humungous bad boys

#17606 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Love mine
[quoted image]

Is it interactive with the game or just that light strip under it?! .. it's huge!

#17607 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Is it interactive with the game or just that light strip under it?! .. it's huge!

It's a blue plasma tube. On all the time with the flickery electric chair vibe

#17608 3 years ago

my Metallica has been on location the better part of two year's.. but due to the covid i "had to" bring it home so they have extra seating space at the brewery..dammmit.. (it feels good!)

#17609 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Love mine
[quoted image]

I’ve never seen that one but VERY impressive. I assume it’s not available anywhere?

#17610 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’ve never seen that one but VERY impressive. I assume it’s not available anywhere?

It's not, unfortunately.

#17611 3 years ago

Is spinny-vinny still around? I messaged him about his ramp snake MOD but no reply after a few days.

#17612 3 years ago

Is spinny-vinny still around? I messaged him about his ramp snake MOD but no reply after a few days.

Benn trying to get hold of him for months with no avail.

#17613 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Benn trying to get hold of him for months with no avail.

Hi Guys, Just to let you know, I believe Vinny is getting out of the Met mod business as he is inundated with his principal job. I was in the same boat as you not too long ago until he finally got back to me.

1 week later
#17614 3 years ago

Was wondering if this would happen - Last night the grave marker cracked open on my Metallica Pro, leaving the metal bracket exposed at the end of the inline drops (which I don't think would be good for the ball). Has this happened to others here? Is finding a replacement part my only option here? I've only seen it listed at Marco and they're out of stock. I don't think Crazy Glue will last very long as a fix here. Just seems like a bit of a design flaw to leave the bottom of the cross thin and hollow to accommodate the flasher.

#17615 3 years ago

Mine broke a month ago and I bought the one from Marco.
Problem was the holes didn't line up with my bracket. Mine was 1 of the wooden backbox models so maybe they changed something with the newer ones.

#17616 3 years ago

Mine has been broken for a while as I keep forgetting to order a new one. Have not noticed any extra wear on the balls.

#17617 3 years ago

My cross broke too and I've been thinking about gluing it and then reinforcing it somehow, like maybe filling in the back with jb weld.

#17618 3 years ago

Thanks guys. Hopeful Marco gets some in stock soon. If I get one might tinker with ways to reinforce it so it lasts a bit longer.

#17619 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

If it turns out well then yes I'd be in on that. I'll post my final designs when done. Thanks fir your interest btw

Lookin forward to it

#17620 3 years ago

I am 99% sure no one is going to want this but you never know! I have crated my custom met code with electronic music, I call it Electrollica. Here is the track listing, shoot me a pm if you want to give it a go.

Tracklist (resized).jpgTracklist (resized).jpg
#17621 3 years ago

Anyone noticed a bug in the Crank it Up modes (and maybe elsewhere?) where you get an extra ball with a scoop shot, the machine acknowledges the extra ball as normal, but the extra ball is not actually awarded after draining? It’s happened to me a couple of times recently. Super annoying.

#17622 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Anyone noticed a bug in the Crank it Up modes (and maybe elsewhere?) where you get an extra ball with a scoop shot, the machine acknowledges the extra ball as normal, but the extra ball is not actually awarded after draining? It’s happened to me a couple of times recently. Super annoying.

Do you have max extra balls set? I noticed something similar but I was hitting my max before that

#17623 3 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Do you have max extra balls set? I noticed something similar but I was hitting my max before that

I have seen this, and thought the same. I didn't check, but I know I had several extra balls that game.

#17624 3 years ago

Ahh...mystery solved. Thanks. It always happens in an epic (for me) game, so that makes sense.

#17625 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Ahh...mystery solved. Thanks. It always happens in an epic (for me) game, so that makes sense.

LoL... I've experienced the exact same thing to the point where I tried counting. Then I figured to turn off max balls and I've never noticed this again.

#17626 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Anyone noticed a bug in the Crank it Up modes (and maybe elsewhere?) where you get an extra ball with a scoop shot

Nope, I can never make the damn scoop shot

#17627 3 years ago

Not specifically related to Metallica Pin - Anyone have a 7" 45 rpm of Metallica Whiskey in the Jar they want to sell?

#17628 3 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

Not specifically related to Metallica Pin - Anyone have a 7" 45 rpm of Metallica Whiskey in the Jar they want to sell?

not seeing one on ebay. was it released on vinyl? I'm seeing plenty of cd single sets like this one
ebay.com link: Metallica Whiskey in the Jar Turn The Page Die Die My Darling cd single

#17630 3 years ago

I'm rejoining the group, boys! I sold my machine when I was moving (had to sell the whole collection), but am getting the very same one I sold back this Thursday. I can't wait to play again.

#17631 3 years ago

One for the metal headz !

Im a fan and missed this one. I think it was just before James meltdown

#17632 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm rejoining the group, boys! I sold my machine when I was moving (had to sell the whole collection), but am getting the very same one I sold back this Thursday. I can't wait to play again.

Awesome, I did the same thing and I'm picking another up today! It's a Metallica LE, but not the same one I owned originally. Can't wait!

#17633 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Awesome, I did the same thing and I'm picking another up today! It's a Metallica LE, but not the same one I owned originally. Can't wait!

Congrats. I'm excited because I put the total light mod in mine, plus color dmd and other essentials things like snake decals, teeth, and ramp snake decal. It will be nice to have the old girl back.

Never wanted to sell this one. Still some of the best callouts in pinball.

1 week later
#17634 3 years ago

3000 plays strong and I finally had to shut down for the night due to issue. Where is the quality control stern ????

355A1897-D1FF-457C-AAAD-83FDF61DDE04 (resized).jpeg355A1897-D1FF-457C-AAAD-83FDF61DDE04 (resized).jpeg
#17635 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

3000 plays strong and I finally had to shut down for the night due to issue. Where is the quality control stern ????
[quoted image]

LOL, and not even a stern rubber ring

#17636 3 years ago

Found a MET HUO Premium for $6250 plus tax. Is that a decent price or a bit much?

#17637 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

[quoted image]

Yea, these Mets run good....
we have over 4k plays on ours from new, never an issue, except one led died.
Clean n wax every 500, serviced drops at 3k, just put new rubber kit on at 4k

#17638 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Found a MET HUO Premium for $6250 plus tax. Is that a decent price or a bit much?

Sounds like a good price to me, assuming it's in good condition. Love my premium.

#17639 3 years ago

That's $6851 CAD after tax..
$5045 USD ...GO get that beauty!! Id say it's a good deal

#17640 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

That's $6851 CAD after tax..
$5045 USD ...GO get that beauty!! Id say it's a good deal

Oops, I meant $6250 USD.

#17641 3 years ago

haha.. stoner! (Me,not you!) What tax you have to pay? And what about shipping?

#17642 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Sounds like your getting it from a dealer, not a private transaction. You can expect a dealer to charge a bit more since it is their livelihood, but typically if it does not work after you get it home or something breaks soon after they will fix it for you. (ask about their policy)

#17643 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Yes, the plus tax is a concern. Coming from a dealer? FWIW, I bought my Met premium HUO from an individual several years ago for $5700. I felt like it was a very good deal at the time.

#17644 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes, the plus tax is a concern. Coming from a dealer? FWIW, I bought my Met premium HUO from an individual several years ago for $5700. I felt like it was a very good deal at the time.

Yes plus 5% tax and shipping. All together will be about $6700 USD.

Also yes from a dealer.

I’ll probably pass as I’d rather a NIB IMDN or DP Pro at that price I think.

#17645 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I’ll probably pass as I’d rather a NIB IMDN or DP Pro at that price I think.

Stern has been building Metallica off/on since 2013 and it is likely their best seller to date and only announced last year they were finishing up. (...until they vault it) A good deal will come along eventually, so don't be afraid to pass on a bad deal.

#17646 3 years ago

I’ve only read about it, but after nearly 3 years (3 days shy) from they day I bought it, I have reached The End of the Line!!!

Full disclosure: Outlanes closed, extra balls at factory (had 2 more after end of the line, seems like a lot), snake set to hold a ball when 2x scoring, 6.5 to 7 degree playfield. Everything else factory.

67A66944-663D-4C02-8BD5-ACE4C45DBB45 (resized).jpeg67A66944-663D-4C02-8BD5-ACE4C45DBB45 (resized).jpeg

#17647 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Quoted from Soulstoner:

Sounds like your getting it from a dealer, not a private transaction. You can expect a dealer to charge a bit more since it is their livelihood, but typically if it does not work after you get it home or something breaks soon after they will fix it for you. (ask about their policy)

If you decide to buy it, tell the dealer you want them to provide you with a new magnet board in addition to the one in the machine as a backup just in case you have issues down the road.

1 week later
#17648 3 years ago

new owner! Just got a met pro (non led).

Looks like its pretty much factory.

Apart from the diverter fix are there any must do fixes/updates for a vanilla pro?
Any must have mods?

#17649 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Apart from the diverter fix are there any must do fixes/updates for a vanilla pro?

Check and make sure you have the newest code installed.
Welcome aboard!

#17650 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I recently replace the stock square block on my LE for the regular newton ball and assembly from pinball life. Now I regularly get airballs onto the Graveyard predominantly. Has anyone else experienced this upon swapping and if so, what was your solution?

Quoted from Apex:

Check to see if the captive ball is sitting too low. The centerline of the ball in play has to be below the centerline of the captive ball or else every hit to it wants to bounce the ball in play up when it rebounds.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to raise the captive ball? I replaced the block with the captive ball from pinballlife a few months back and have also been getting airballs into the graveyard area. I am thinking of putting washers in somewhere...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 353 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/353 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.