C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 352 of 434.
#17551 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

I made some like this.[quoted image]

I can recommend these they work perfectly

#17552 3 years ago

Yes thank you very much. I could not find any mention in the manual whether it's a #89 or #906. I found the hole yheceuring goes through and the work required to get to it that I now might not bother to change it. But at least I know what to order if I do decide its worth it. Thanks

#17553 3 years ago

Just picked up a Premium Roadcase. Freaking love this game. Anyone know where I can get a set of the neon yellow pinbits plastic set? Their site shows sold out. Anyone else laser cutting these things? Any other recommended mods for the premium. Has Pinblades and shaker motor and I will order a Color DMD that's a must for me.

#17554 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

Just picked up a Premium Roadcase. Freaking love this game. Anyone know where I can get a set of the neon yellow pinbits plastic set? Their site shows sold out. Anyone else laser cutting these things? Any other recommended mods for the premium. Has Pinblades and shaker motor and I will order a Color DMD that's a must for me.

A friend in the UK does them: https://www.colspinballmods.com/shop/metallica-pinball-plastic-protectors-copy/

Col's a great guy - talk to him! But you might find others closer to home.

Get that ColorDMD sorted ASAP - such an improvement.

I quite like subtle mods, like the snake fangs, and speaker lights/inserts from Doug @ http://www.speakerlightkits.com/

#17555 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/351#post-5636796

But he's in australia

#17556 3 years ago

What are your thoughts on PIN2DMD for Metallica? Is the conversion 100% complete? Thanks for the advice.

#17557 3 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

the end of the line scoring gets really crazy. the super jackpot for me was a 1 billion shot (under 4x). you can lock balls in the snake like normal multiball but this time every time you do it adds a ball instead of just the first time. and 4x playfield is super valuable. if i had 4x for the collect the final shot would have been 12 billion points. also, your super jackpots are based off of what you did in the 4 previous crank it ups

How many extra balls do you have yours set for? Mine on location is set to 1 extra ball and I do that to all of my games that don’t award them at random (like some of my System 11’s do). So far the closest to End of the Line is somebody starting a 3rd CIU. I have been as far as doing 2 and having the 3rd lit.

#17558 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

But he's in australia

I dont believe Australia is shipping international right now. I have an item I ordered from Mr. Pinball that has been "Cleared and awaiting international departure" since April 3rd

#17559 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I dont believe Australia is shipping international right now. I have an item I ordered from Mr. Pinball that has been "Cleared and awaiting international departure" since April 3rd

Yup, I have mods coming that have been tied up almost two months.

#17560 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yup, I have mods coming that have been tied up almost two months.

#17561 3 years ago

yep, a 1-1/2 months here as well. my parcel from rtbb still hasn't left australia

#17562 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

Get an external sub. that is the #1 mod to do!!

#17563 3 years ago

Sorry guys wasn't aware of such delays. I got something coming from you guys, looks like it could be a long wait too.

#17564 3 years ago

Ok. I'm stuck here.
I am trying to replace the magnet core, but the nut will not come off. The whole core moves but the nut is on for good.
What am I missing to remove this?
I read about heating it up, but not working.

20200514_210853 (resized).jpg20200514_210853 (resized).jpg
#17565 3 years ago

You need a lot of torque.

#17566 3 years ago

Try the shock/impact method to break it loose. Put a wrench around each nut, hold the assembly carefully on its side or put it in a vice and whack the nut that spins with a hammer. That’s what I’d do.

#17567 3 years ago

Put an impact on it.

#17568 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Ok. I'm stuck here.
I am trying to replace the magnet core, but the nut will not come off. The whole core moves but the nut is on for good.
What am I missing to remove this?
I read about heating it up, but not working.
[quoted image]

I’d spray some pb blast on it and let it soak for an hour. Then give it another shot.

#17569 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Get an external sub. that is the #1 mod to do!!

Get the pinwoofer system- bit of a pain to install but the results are fantastic and nice clean look with better sound all around

#17570 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Get the pinwoofer system- bit of a pain to install but the results are fantastic and nice clean look with better sound all around

100% agree with this, the pinwoofer kit blows away the external sub.

#17571 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Sorry guys wasn't aware of such delays. I got something coming from you guys, looks like it could be a long wait too.

The post is slow everywhere..even local postage
Due to the current situation we are all in though out the world....
items are held for 14 days before they are touched from what I have been told ..
I have a item that is coming from the uk and it has been 2 weeks so far ..
Some items arrive early than expected it is just the luck of the draw atm

#17572 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

He is flat out processing orders atm ..
Even owe local postage take a few weeks due to the current situation we are all adjusting to
Be compliant to the no touch service that is required for the current situation that we are all in atm

You might find that it will arrive before you receive a tracking number..

#17573 3 years ago

Work in progress but I think it's coming along nicely. I have a few ideas on lighting and painting ideas on the go. So if ok will post as they come to along

IMG20200516172701 (resized).jpgIMG20200516172701 (resized).jpgIMG20200516175012 (resized).jpgIMG20200516175012 (resized).jpg
#17574 3 years ago

Does anyone know the Pinbrowser request numbers for the tunes that play post game when your score comes up and also the one for when entering a high score?

#17575 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement data cable other than direct from Stern (can't get in touch with them because of the pandemic)? I've been trying to fix the strobing GI issue with no luck. I've replaced the rectifier twice, reseated all the connecters, searched for bad bulbs and am going to order a new 3 pin connector today from pinballlife.

Is the data cable a "specialty item" only available from Stern or can I find it elsewhere?

Also, should I put new connectors on the four 2-pin plugs that attach to that GI board in the middle of the playfield?

Thanks for any help!

#17576 3 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement data cable other than direct from Stern (can't get in touch with them because of the pandemic)? I've been trying to fix the strobing GI issue with no luck. I've replaced the rectifier twice, reseated all the connecters, searched for bad bulbs and am going to order a new 3 pin connector today from pinballlife.
Is the data cable a "specialty item" only available from Stern or can I find it elsewhere?
Also, should I put new connectors on the four 2-pin plugs that attach to that GI board in the middle of the playfield?
Thanks for any help!

What's your gi setting at 50% or higher?

#17577 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

What's your gi setting at 50% or higher?

I've played around with that setting a lot. When I turn it down it does stop the strobing, but only temporarily. It always comes back regardless of the intensity, sometimes within minutes.

I was reading another thread where someone was having the same problem and it seemed to be due to having too many extra lighting strips and mods tapped into the GI. That could definitely be my problem as well. Off the top of my head I have the following:

under cab lighting
custom backbox lighting with multiple led strips
lighted snake eyes
lighted snake mouth
lighted fuel target bank
led strip under left graveyard plastic
lighted translucent targets using 3 comet opmax bulbs
lighted topper (not sure if this is tapped into GI)

I'm going to try to disable these to see if I still have the strobing. Are there other folks who have a number of GI lighting add-ons that are 'not' experiencing strobing issues?

For the record, I have inspected the GI board and the 3-pin connector. They appear to be fine, but I will replace the connector once it arrives from pinballlife and I'm still on the hunt for a replacement data cable.

#17578 3 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

I've played around with that setting a lot. When I turn it down it does stop the strobing, but only temporarily. It always comes back regardless of the intensity, sometimes within minutes.
I was reading another thread where someone was having the same problem and it seemed to be due to having too many extra lighting strips and mods tapped into the GI. That could definitely be my problem as well. Off the top of my head I have the following:
under cab lighting
custom backbox lighting with multiple led strips
lighted snake eyes
lighted snake mouth
lighted fuel target bank
led strip under left graveyard plastic
lighted translucent targets using 3 comet opmax bulbs
lighted topper (not sure if this is tapped into GI)
I'm going to try to disable these to see if I still have the strobing. Are there other folks who have a number of GI lighting add-ons that are 'not' experiencing strobing issues?
For the record, I have inspected the GI board and the 3-pin connector. They appear to be fine, but I will replace the connector once it arrives from pinballlife and I'm still on the hunt for a replacement data cable.

not sure where you got the back box and undercab lights, but those almost certainly are not tied to the GI (likely 12v) and would not be causing the issue you describe. the other mods you list draw very little power, but what I would do is unhook all of them and see if the strobing persists. If it does, you know it's not the mods. If it doesn't, add the mods back one by one to see when the problem begins.

#17579 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

not sure where you got the back box and undercab lights, but those almost certainly are not tied to the GI (likely 12v) and would not be causing the issue you describe. the other mods you list draw very little power, but what I would do is unhook all of them and see if the strobing persists. If it does, you know it's not the mods. If it doesn't, add the mods back one by one to see when the problem begins.

Good idea. BTW I'm very suspicious why the factory setting on gi is 50%. To me that means stern knows of the problem and really are pressed for the solution. I reckon the gi intensity setting has solved the issue on most games so stern consider the rest effected as inconsequential.

#17580 3 years ago

Hope I'm not annoying people posting this stuff but here's my first painted and in position prototype of the coffin that covers the ball hop plastic. I did make a mistake in painting under the lid black and then realised I covered the cross. Sanded a good bit of it off too let the light through again. Currently it turns on and off with the white gi.

IMG20200522170731 (resized).jpgIMG20200522170731 (resized).jpgIMG20200522170737 (resized).jpgIMG20200522170737 (resized).jpg

IMG20200522170722 (resized).jpgIMG20200522170722 (resized).jpg

#17581 3 years ago

Looks way better painted dude!! And as long u like it.. then deadly

#17582 3 years ago

Is there a way to turn down the shooter eject on this game? I didn’t see it in the menu and it ejects into the shooter lane kind of violent, I’d like to tone it down.

#17583 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Looks way better painted dude!! And as long u like it.. then deadly

Thank you very much.

#17584 3 years ago

How I'm not annoying people posting this stuff but here's my first painted and in position prototype of the coffin that covers the ball hop plastic. I did make a mistake in painting under the lid black and then realised I covered the cross. Sanded a good bit of it off too let the light through again. Currently it turns on and off with the white gi.

Pics never give you justice on how it looks like in person...
Very smart looking Metallica

#17585 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Hope I'm not annoying people posting this stuff but here's my first painted and in position prototype of the coffin that covers the ball hop plastic. I did make a mistake in painting under the lid black and then realised I covered the cross. Sanded a good bit of it off too let the light through again. Currently it turns on and off with the white gi.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Now it’s time to paint Sparky! My favourite of all time mod, it really changes the game for me and makes it more personal.

#17586 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Now it’s time to paint Sparky! My favourite of all time mod, it really changes the game for me and makes it more personal.

I was just thinking this morning. I have an air compressor kit that came with a paint sprayer and about three more month's time on my hands. I may watch a bunch of YouTube videos and learn how to air brush.

#17587 3 years ago

Feel like I’ve reached the “End of the Line” in a different way. Joined the club with a 2017 Pro about two weeks ago and just finished reading through all 352 pages (17586 posts) this morning.

Lots of fun banter and a wealth of information. Shoutout to S_vares for the local parts hookup and hottubr for connecting me with him.

49258F3F-E7BA-4A0C-93B9-00AB43AF092C (resized).jpeg49258F3F-E7BA-4A0C-93B9-00AB43AF092C (resized).jpeg
#17588 3 years ago
Quoted from tbpd349:

Feel like I’ve reached the “End of the Line” in a different way. Joined the club with a 2017 Pro about two weeks ago and just finished reading through all 352 pages (17586 posts) this morning.
Lots of fun banter and a wealth of information. Shoutout to s_vares for the local parts hookup and hottubr for connecting me with him.[quoted image]

tbpd349 that is deduction... I plan on doing the same thing, HEAVILY MODDED Pro is coming home Friday!

#17589 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrat:

tbpd349 that is deduction... I plan on doing the same thing, HEAVILY MODDED Pro is coming home Friday!

It's dedication too!

#17590 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Thank you very much.

I would possibly reinstall the guard just to install this mod!

#17591 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I would possibly reinstall the guard just to install this mod!

Thanks very much, I'm currently refining it via painting, cross size variations, led colour etc. Also looking at what could be done for the pros where it has three leds to indicate ball locks?

#17592 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Thanks very much, I'm currently refining it via painting, cross size variations, led colour etc. Also looking at what could be done for the pros where it has three leds to indicate ball locks?

Keep it up. I have an LE so ill be watching!

#17593 3 years ago

I finally broke 1 billion and got to End of the Line! Not such an amazing feat, but pretty cool for a mediocre player like me. I thought I’d only get that far by taking the glass off.

4E1FB25A-1947-44F0-8FEA-8A3DEA9698A4 (resized).jpeg4E1FB25A-1947-44F0-8FEA-8A3DEA9698A4 (resized).jpeg
#17594 3 years ago

I'm thinking about putting my Metallica Pop Vinyls as toppers on my pin. Possibly something like this?

20200531_111104 (resized).jpg20200531_111104 (resized).jpg
#17595 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great. U gonna be selling them?

#17596 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrat:

I'm thinking about putting my Metallica Pop Vinyls as toppers on my pin. Possibly something like this?
[quoted image]

Please no.

#17597 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I finally broke 1 billion and got to End of the Line! Not such an amazing feat, but pretty cool for a mediocre player like me. I thought I’d only get that far by taking the glass off.
[quoted image]

Mediocre? Give yourself some credit. That's an amazing feat. I can put up some decent scores on games but still have not got EOTL or anywhere close to that score. You have to make a lot accurate shots to get that far.

#17598 3 years ago

Agreed. Those are goofy looking. MET needs a badass topper.

#17599 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Mediocre? Give yourself some credit. That's an amazing feat. I can put up some decent scores on games but still have not got EOTL or anywhere close to that score. You have to make a lot accurate shots to get that far.

Thanks, dude. Unfortunately, I kind of choked in EOTL itself and couldn’t bump the default high score off the board. Kind of hurts, but now there’s something else to shoot for! Quarantine has been good for my pinball skills I guess.

#17600 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Looks great. U gonna be selling them?

If it turns out well then yes I'd be in on that. I'll post my final designs when done. Thanks fir your interest btw

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 29.95
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 25.50
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 352 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/352?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.