C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 434.
#17251 4 years ago

Howdy crew,

Would someone do me a favor and check one of the settings in the menu to see if, it reacts the same as mine, and tell me what the purpose is perhaps...

In the diagnostics menu under game specific options there is the option to change the intensity of the RGB for the playfield arrows. I can change the brightness for all three channels and accept them, but when I back out of the menu, it changes the setting back to 100%.

#17252 4 years ago

I can check when I get home tonight. do you happen to know the setting no for this?

#17253 4 years ago
Quoted from RumRunner9:

Got mine from HankScorpio (pinmods) a couple years ago. He may still make them?

Are these suitable for a MOPLE?

On another note has anyone powdercoated their MOPLE in any color other than the stock silver? I’d love to see pics

#17254 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Check the Cliffy protector that is on the left. It almost looks like it's sitting over the shooter lane so that the ball doesn't sit properly in the shooter lane.

Sorry, I didn't see that anyone had replied to me. Can you please be a little more specific? I didn't install the Cliffy, and new to all this, so I'm not really sure what could be creating the ball to not sit properly.

#17255 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

If it's the shaker pcb, I replaced the transistor twice and it blew both times. Only once I swapped it for a new pcb the problem has gone. So maybe contact stern

After reading this, I took your advice. Marco had a new board in stock, so i ordered it. I also repaired the current board. I guess now i have a back up....

#17256 4 years ago

Just wanted to throw a shout out to Sparky for a killer product with his Micro Display. Superb as always. Really ties the room together.

+1 for ease and awesomeness.

20200205_182932 (resized).jpg20200205_182932 (resized).jpg20200205_182944 (resized).jpg20200205_182944 (resized).jpg
#17257 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Are these suitable for a MOPLE?
On another note has anyone powdercoated their MOPLE in any color other than the stock silver? I’d love to see pics

Sorry, I don’t know.

#17258 4 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Sorry, I didn't see that anyone had replied to me. Can you please be a little more specific? I didn't install the Cliffy, and new to all this, so I'm not really sure what could be creating the ball to not sit properly.

The Cliffy protector is the thin piece of metal that sits on the right side of the shooter lane, where the ball ejects out of the trough. Check to make sure that it's not sitting over the shooter lane. It needs to sit flush with the flat part of the wood, but not past that and over the grooves. If it's too far to the right it will impede the ball from shooting straight. Hope that explanation helps.

#17259 4 years ago

Anyone have an EOS Left flipper issue on this game, and how did they go about fixing it short of a flipper rebuild kit?

#17260 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Just wanted to throw a shout out to Sparky for a killer product with his Micro Display. Superb as always. Really ties the room together.
+1 for ease and awesomeness.[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you give more info on this one looks cool

#17261 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Can you give more info on this one looks cool

I posted about these on the previous page toward the top. You can find them in my Pinside Shop or on Mezelmods.

#17262 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Anyone have an EOS Left flipper issue on this game, and how did they go about fixing it short of a flipper rebuild kit?

What kind of issue?

Rob

#17263 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What kind of issue?
Rob

Hi Rob,

It appears as if the left flipper is a touch slow as a result of it. Honestly, I was just going to wait till the rebuild kit arrived to fix the issue, but was hoping for an interim solution.

#17264 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hi Rob,
It appears as if the left flipper is a touch slow as a result of it. Honestly, I was just going to wait till the rebuild kit arrived to fix the issue, but was hoping for an interim solution.

I'm not sure the EOS is your problem by that description. If you want, I can stop by and take a look.

Rob

#17265 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm not sure the EOS is your problem by that description. If you want, I can stop by and take a look.
Rob

Hi Rob,

I actually did a full flipper rebuild this weekend. The error is now gone. I had no idea how long it would take for the kit to arrive and just wanted an interim solution. Thanks for the offer!

#17266 4 years ago

Sorry if this has been asked in the past, but two things have always bugged the hell out of me about this game. Has anyone done anything as far as updating or programming to make songs selectable between balls, or made it so that the songs don't play in a continuous loop before shooting the ball? I noticed that on newer music themed games like IMDN these two things aren't an issue.

#17267 4 years ago

I reflowed the power connector on the board underneath the machine to solve my disappearing GI light issue but it seems to have returned after about 3 weeks. has anyone experienced this and what was their fix?

#17268 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I reflowed the power connector on the board underneath the machine to solve my disappearing GI light issue but it seems to have returned after about 3 weeks. has anyone experienced this and what was their fix?

I replaced the power connector for this board on my game. Premium right?

Rob

#17269 4 years ago

I replaced the 2x white flashers bulbs with blue at the top of the grave yard and near the rising cross. Made it less blinding.

#17270 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I replaced the power connector for this board on my game. Premium right?
Rob

yep, it's a premium. did you replace the male post part soldered to the board or the wired end (re-terminating the wires)?

#17271 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Sorry if this has been asked in the past, but two things have always bugged the hell out of me about this game. Has anyone done anything as far as updating or programming to make songs selectable between balls, or made it so that the songs don't play in a continuous loop before shooting the ball? I noticed that on newer music themed games like IMDN these two things aren't an issue.

Not as far as i know.

#17272 4 years ago

Any idea why the snake and electric chair lights would be out on every shot except the left loop? It is a Premium. All fuses look good and I did not have any loose connections on the boards. Here is a video:

#17273 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

You have the newer “metal back box” Met. Met came both with wooden backbox and metal. The metal ones are newer and they switched to that in 2014 or so. Metal back boxes don’t have t molding across the front. I think the two holes are supposed to have rubber stoppers cause that corresponds to where the head rests on the cab side rails.

So do we know where those rubber stoppers can be bought? I don't see anything on Marcos. And I too have empty holes and scraped paint in lieu of two little pieces of rubber.

#17274 4 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

So do we know where those rubber stoppers can be bought? I don't see anything on Marcos. And I too have empty holes and scraped paint in lieu of two little pieces of rubber.

Will any of these work? I have wooden backbox so nothing to compare to.
https://www.pinballlife.com/rubber-grommets.html

#17275 4 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

it might be these
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6577

#17276 4 years ago

Any suggestions on the best mod to add on Met Pro? Have shaker, fangs, and color dmd. Thank you

#17277 4 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Any suggestions on the best mod to add on Met Pro? Have shaker, fangs, and color dmd. Thank you

Sub

#17278 4 years ago
Quoted from t2:

External volume control, external sub. Then of course others follow

#17279 4 years ago

Dude ya beat me by a min! Lol

#17280 4 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Pinwoofer kit. It’s kind of expensive but definitely worth it.

#17281 4 years ago

Spinners, knocker, and lit drops for the pro are nice too

IMG_9559 (resized).JPGIMG_9559 (resized).JPGIMG_9562 (resized).JPGIMG_9562 (resized).JPG
#17282 4 years ago

Subwoofer. This enhances game play. Visual mods are cool, when you are just looking at it.

#17283 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Pinwoofer kit. It’s kind of expensive but definitely worth it.

We've extended our 20% off sale through Sunday. Should you need it, technical support is included:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-amplified-subwoofer-kits-by-pinwoofer/page/8#post-5459863

You'll never look back! Thanks

#17284 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

Spinners, knocker, and lit drops for the pro are nice too[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. Are those regular or transparent targets?

#17285 4 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Any idea why the snake and electric chair lights would be out on every shot except the left loop? It is a Premium. All fuses look good and I did not have any loose connections on the boards. Here is a video:

All of those inserts that are not working are controlled by the RGB LED driver board under the playfield. Failure of the power connector is a common problem.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-lights-issue

Rob

#17286 4 years ago

PinWoofer Super Kit is a must for Metallica Pin, or any other music pin for that matter.The Clarity from the backbox speakers, along with that Kick ass Sub, brings it all together the way it should be heard ! Clear and Loud !!Much better to have the whole package enclosed inside the Pin, instead of a clunky Sub under the Cabinet, Dan will take care of you every step of the way, and follows up just to make sure all is well ! the product is Grade A along with the Customer Service Before, During, and After the sale !!

#17287 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Looks good. Are those regular or transparent targets?

I used translucent drop targets.

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/pinballcenter-m-2.html

I also added a translucent orange target

IMG_9571 (resized).JPGIMG_9571 (resized).JPG
#17288 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I used translucent drop targets.
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/pinballcenter-m-2.html
I also added a translucent orange target[quoted image]

Nice. Got a pic of the lit translucent? I issued eyeball target for piston target.

#17289 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Nice. I also think Zitt sells white translucent targets. I used eyeball target for piston target.

#17290 4 years ago

I just joined the club with a MOPLE. Can anyone tell me where these go?

166933F3-6018-4FA9-977E-85D967C626A5 (resized).jpeg166933F3-6018-4FA9-977E-85D967C626A5 (resized).jpeg
#17291 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I just joined the club with a MOPLE. Can anyone tell me where these go?[quoted image]

I think those are for the speaker grilles.

#17292 4 years ago

I was gonna suggest anywhere but on the playfield!

#17293 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I just joined the club with a MOPLE. Can anyone tell me where these go?[quoted image]

Those came installed on the speaker grills as yzfguy mentioned. They also came installed on the Monster and Road Case Prem, even though the original flyer doesn't show them pictured on any of the games.

Curious why they were removed. Did the previous owner add a speaker light kit or other grill piece in their place?

Search the topic gallery of this thread, and you'll see several pics with these installed.

#17294 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Quoted from Sparky:

Those came installed on the speaker grills as yzfguy mentioned. They also came installed on the Monster and Road Case Prem, even though the original flyer doesn't show them pictured on any of the games.
Curious why they were removed. Did the previous owner add a speaker light kit or other grill piece in their place?
Search the topic gallery of this thread, and you'll see several pics with these installed.

My final run monsters prem didn't come with these

#17295 4 years ago
7b90e534b777256547b4722d815653ea055e9f23 (resized).jpg7b90e534b777256547b4722d815653ea055e9f23 (resized).jpg
#17296 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Pictures above are original wood speaker panels. Do these fit the new style speaker panel with round holes?

#17297 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Pictures above are original wood speaker panels. Do these fit the new style speaker panel with round holes?

Thank you

#17298 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

They should fit fine on the grills in the round speaker holes, but I'm not sure if they come on any of the round hole panels originally.

The trick on adding them to a new speaker grill would be deciding where to put the mounting holes in the grills. If you had someones originals it would be easy enough....just doing it yourself from scratch probably wouldn't be to bad either depending on how particular you were to having them placed and angled like the originals. I think the most important thing would be to make sure you have the same hole placement on each of the grills so they at least match each other.

#17299 4 years ago

All good, found the original grill with the correct holes for these. Now on to selling the acrylic ones and get some lights behind the speakers

5604FC66-21FD-4037-979A-9A312CCF88BF (resized).jpeg5604FC66-21FD-4037-979A-9A312CCF88BF (resized).jpeg
#17300 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

All good, found the original grill with the correct holes for these. Now on to selling the acrylic ones and get some lights behind the speakers[quoted image]

Now those acrylic designs (you have pictured) WOULD NOT look right behind the round speaker holes. They were cut before they released MET with a round hole speaker panel. If you would mount them behind the round holes you would see the red frames poking out at the top, left and right sides of each round speaker hole. Just something to keep in mind if you are selling them.

Revised versions of all of the acrylic designs that I sell have been done when a "round holed" speaker version of the games were released (AC/DC, Iron Man, Metallica, Spider-Man)....with the only exception being my Black Spider-Man design as there was no good way to make a single design that looked correct in both the original square speaker hole and the vault round ones. As you can see on these revised designs...the frame is cut away on the inside edges so it is not seen around the round speaker holes when mounted. This change was done as soon as each games round speaker holed version was announced, so no one needs to specify or be concerned with anything when ordering.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Revised Met and ACDC (resized).JPGRevised Met and ACDC (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.50
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/346?hl=chaz009 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.