IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 344 of 433.
#17151 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I like my snakes like I like my women, no teeth.

You my friend are a sick individual

#17152 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyone have meallica, Jurassic park and attack from mars? all different. considering 1 of them. not sure which. always hard deciding.

I have a Metallica pro, Jurassic Park LE and a friend has AFM. In my opinion, AFM is not close to the other two, which are two of the best games ever. Don't know about Jurassic Park pro, though.

#17153 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I have a Metallica pro, Jurassic Park LE and a friend has AFM. In my opinion, AFM is not close to the other two, which are two of the best games ever. Don't know about Jurassic Park pro, though.

I own Met pro and AFM SE and owned JP pro. I would rate AFM at the top, it's just great at what it does and it never gets old blowing up the space ship. The issue with Metallica is the music as it has no reflection on the game, you pick a song and it plays the entire game, has nothing to do with game play until you get to CIU. So if you don't like Met music, you may not like it. I never liked Metallica music until I got the game, now I can tolerate it. It should have been coded like ACDC and AS where songs change in the game. That said, the rules on Met are top notch and it plays fantastic. JP pro to me was good, but not one of my favorites. It has a unique layout and good rule set, but the theme integration just wasn't for me.

#17154 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I own Met pro and AFM SE and owned JP pro. I would rate AFM at the top, it's just great at what it does and it never gets old blowing up the space ship. The issue with Metallica is the music as it has no reflection on the game, you pick a song and it plays the entire game, has nothing to do with game play until you get to CIU. So if you don't like Met music, you may not like it. I never liked Metallica music until I got the game, now I can tolerate it. It should have been coded like ACDC and AS where songs change in the game. That said, the rules on Met are top notch and it plays fantastic. JP pro to me was good, but not one of my favorites. It has a unique layout and good rule set, but the theme integration just wasn't for me.

That's simply not true about Met music. Different modes get you into different songs - Fuel, seek and destroy, ride the lightning etc etc etc.

#17155 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyone have meallica, Jurassic park and attack from mars? all different. considering 1 of them. not sure which. always hard deciding.

Wow, I own Metallica (Premium) and Attack From Mars. They are both really good. If I had to pick between the two I'd probably keep the Metallica, but it's not a runaway. Metallica just keeps drawing me back and feels like a rush, game-after-game. The rules have a great progression, where, I always feel like I'm close to the next big thing happening. What I like most about Attack From Mars is it's very approachable. Anyone can walk up to that machine and understand that they need to hit the saucer. That, all by itself, can be a lot of fun. Jurassic Park is the most different of the games you are choosing between. With Keith's games I love the playfield layouts, but his rulesets typically don't give me the same rush as those other games. I'm not quite sure why that is, but I'm rarely holding my breath while playing Jurassic Park or Iron Maiden. That said, I think it's important to have a variety in your collection.

#17156 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

thanks, good info. i think i like the simply game play of afm. it's different than most sterns. i was worried on monster bash of it being simple, but i think it's fun. i'm ok on met. music. i did not like the music of iron maiden and the gameplay wore off quickly . jp seems deep in code and depth. i like that in game of thrones. so, who knows?

#17157 4 years ago

I dislike Metallica music, but would agree with mthirkell. You do choose a song at the start, but other songs are also integrated into the gameplay. When you start a multiball or mode the music changes to that song: Ride the Lightning (Electric Chair), Master of Puppets (Grave Markers), Sad But True (Snake), For Whom the Bell Tools (Coffin), Seek and Destroy (All Inserts), And Justice for All... (Ramps), Fuel (Fuel Gauge), Blackened (Band Members), plus Whom The Bell Tolls, Fade to Black, Battery, and Enter Sandman for Crank it Up. Then you have to earn End of the Line by starting the Wizard Mode.

#17158 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Wow, I own Metallica (Premium) and Attack From Mars. They are both really good. If I had to pick between the two I'd probably keep the Metallica, but it's not a runaway. Metallica just keeps drawing me back and feels like a rush, game-after-game. The rules have a great progression, where, I always feel like I'm close to the next big thing happening. What I like most about Attack From Mars is it's very approachable. Anyone can walk up to that machine and understand that they need to hit the saucer. That, all by itself, can be a lot of fun. Jurassic Park is the most different of the games you are choosing between. With Keith's games I love the playfield layouts, but his rulesets typically don't give me the same rush as those other games. I'm not quite sure why that is, but I'm rarely holding my breath while playing Jurassic Park or Iron Maiden. That said, I think it's important to have a variety in your collection.

good points. given the variety. i think both afm and jp are different than what i have. already have 1 rock game.

#17159 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

good points. given the variety. i think both afm and jp are different than what i have. already have 1 rock game.

I think Metallica and Attack From Mars are more similar than Metallica and Aerosmith. Honestly, if I was in your shoes, I would see which game you can find for the best value. Look for all of them and if you happen to come across any of them that are undervalued, that becomes your choice.

#17160 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

That's simply not true about Met music. Different modes get you into different songs - Fuel, seek and destroy, ride the lightning etc etc etc.

yes, there is some, I mentioned CIU, for example. in general, you pick a song at the beginning and it plays over and over the entire game. That's not my preference on how it should be.

#17161 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

yes, there is some, I mentioned CIU, for example. in general, you pick a song at the beginning and it plays over and over the entire game. That's not my preference on how it should be.

You actually said it plays the entire time and never changes until CIU. You also said it has nothing to do with the game. Those statements are flat out false.

#17162 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I'm looking into purchasing a Metallica Pro in the next couple of weeks. It has ZERO mods on it. I was considering adding both the COLOR DMD and SHAKER MOTOR, do you guys think they're worth it? I realize it's all subjective but for those who invested in them, are you glad you did?

I have a shaker and color DMD in mine as well. The DMD is awesome and the shaker adds to the intensity for modes. I did dial my shaker back a bit though.

#17163 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Ironically I'll be trading in my JP PRO to get a MET Pro....lol. I liked JP but it just wasn't "fun" ultimately. Not for me, at least. I also have DEADPOOL and I friggin love that game!

#17164 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Hell yes!
But I recommend the LCD (will require the mounting bracket provided by Color DMD). Costs a little more, but you have more options. I like the Scan mode the best. It's a high resolution mode, but doesn't look flakey like Hires mode. Many people like the Dots XL mode also.
Also, get this black 1" thick foam from amazon for a gasket... It's peel and stick. It keeps out the light from back box and lighted speakers (if you have them).
amazon.com link »

Thanks for this! I assume this is the one you meant, eh? http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-metallica-pinball-machine/. Says to purchase "a clear shield and hex standoffs" separately though, whatever that is.

#17165 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I'm looking into purchasing a Metallica Pro in the next couple of weeks. It has ZERO mods on it. I was considering adding both the COLOR DMD and SHAKER MOTOR, do you guys think they're worth it? I realize it's all subjective but for those who invested in them, are you glad you did?

External subwoofer is a must. Id do that before the dmd if funds are limited.

#17166 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

You actually said it plays the entire time and never changes until CIU. You also said it has nothing to do with the game. Those statements are flat out false.

how does the song you pick at the beginning of the game have anything to do with game play?

#17167 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

how does the song you pick at the beginning of the game have anything to do with game play?

That's not what you said. You said "The issue with Metallica is the music as it has no reflection on the game" - This is dead wrong. But if you want to change your position, the song you select at the beginning has as much to do with the game as any other rock game and any other game that has background music.

#17168 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

That's not what you said. You said "The issue with Metallica is the music as it has no reflection on the game" - This is dead wrong. But if you want to change your position, the song you select at the beginning has as much to do with the game as any other rock game and any other game that has background music.

Acdc and AS change songs during the game and are associated with modes. I choose back in black at the beginning of the game, it's immediately associated with a mode and I then can change the song once i light the jukebox. If I choose enter sandman at the beginning of the game, how does that have anything to do with the game. And you can never change it. Only time you hear a different song is when you get a certain mode like CIU, and those are far and few between, but then it reverts back to that original song when the mode is over. What have I got wrong, I'm being serious.

#17169 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

External subwoofer is a must. Id do that before the dmd if funds are limited.

Install a pinwoofer kit instead, I removed my external sub after it being installed on my LE from day one. The pinwoofer kit is hands down a much better sound. But if you really want a powered sub, I have two spares now that are just collecting dust.

#17170 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Acdc and AS change songs during the game and are associated with modes. I choose back in black at the beginning of the game, it's immediately associated with a mode and I then can change the song once i light the jukebox. If I choose enter sandman at the beginning of the game, how does that have anything to do with the game. And you can never change it. Only time you hear a different song is when you get a certain mode like CIU, and those are far and few between, but then it reverts back to that original song when the mode is over. What have I got wrong, I'm being serious.

Well, you keep changing your position from your original post, so you're less wrong. Your original post was dead wrong. Scroll up for explanations; I'm bored with this one.

#17171 4 years ago

If your only hearing the song that you chose at the beginning of the game and a occasional crank it up, your not playing MET. Sparky multiball-Ride the Lighting, Graveyard multiball-Master of Puppets, Snake mutilball-Am I Evil? (on my game anyway), Coffin multiball-Shortest Straw, band member mode-Blackened, insert mode-Seek and Destroy, Fuel mode-Fuel, etc. Your doing good if you are changing songs during the game.

#17172 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Ironically I'll be trading in my JP PRO to get a MET Pro....lol. I liked JP but it just wasn't "fun" ultimately. Not for me, at least. I also have DEADPOOL and I friggin love that game!

I have dp too. So glad I got it instead of potc in 2018. Fun game, still is. That and game of thrones will always stay

#17173 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I have dp too. So glad I got it instead of potc in 2018. Fun game, still is. That and game of thrones will always stay

JJP Pirates?!

Love my MET Premium and LOVE my JJP Pirates. I like JP's layout a lot, but the theme/vibe (other than the T-Rex toy) is just MEH for me.

#17174 4 years ago

I picked a refinery MET premium recently. Only thing I want to change is the coffin block. I've seen shavings of metal on the playfield from it and had to pull the glass to clean off. What's the preferred replacement, just a Newton ball? On some pics I've seen on here, there appears to be some sort of u-shaped bracket holding the captive ball...

#17175 4 years ago

Here's a picture from the last page of the bracket.

3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
#17176 4 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

I picked a refinery MET premium recently. Only thing I want to change is the coffin block. I've seen shavings of metal on the playfield from it and had to pull the glass to clean off. What's the preferred replacement, just a Newton ball? On some pics I've seen on here, there appears to be some sort of u-shaped bracket holding the captive ball...

Newton ball is it and it is held in by that bracket. Congrats on the purchase!

#17177 4 years ago

I’m sorry there was any confusion about my price point on the cemetery archs. The second of my prototypes I posted for 47 dollars shipped to get a real world feel for install and price point from the buyer. With no help he said it was a perfect installation and took 10 minutes.

I’m glad many of you like my work but there is no way I can sell this mod for 47
shipped. That said I would sell it unpainted at that price

Non painted 47 shipped
Painted 77 shipped in the USA

Takes me about 2 hours to assemble and paint besides printing , wire , leds , resistor , mounting pin and DS tape ,heatshrink and clips at my cost with shipping in the US is about 20 dollars.

I also like to barter so if interested LMK

If you would like one and I am working on a few this weekend.

Allen

#17178 4 years ago

The printers running ...

C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpegC983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
#17180 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

The printers running ...[quoted image]

That is very cool!

#17181 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I’m sorry there was any confusion about my price point on the cemetery archs. The second of my prototypes I posted for 47 dollars shipped to get a real world feel for install and price point from the buyer. With no help he said it was a perfect installation and took 10 minutes.
I’m glad many of you like my work but there is no way I can sell this mod for 47
shipped. That said I would sell it unpainted at that price
Non painted 47 shipped
Painted 77 shipped in the USA
Takes me about 2 hours to assemble and paint besides printing , wire , leds , resistor , mounting pin and DS tape ,heatshrink and clips at my cost with shipping in the US is about 20 dollars.
I also like to barter so if interested LMK
If you would like one and I am working on a few this weekend.
Allen

Every other lighted mod out there is $99 or more. I don’t think $75 shipped is too crazy of a price At all for your mod. The paint job is top notch too. In fact, people are charging $99 or more just to have their medieval madness dragons custom painted. Custom painting takes a lot of time. Time is money. That’s reality. Keep up the good work Allen!

#17182 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

The printers running ...[quoted image]

I bet this is super satisfying to watch haha. 3d printers are amazing these days.

#17183 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

In my game room Aerosmith is right between MET and AFM (original). They are all great games. Right now on MET I’m still running that Christmas mix someone did, because it’s so awesome. I was never a huge fan or Metallica’s music, but the game is so darn good I got over it. This mix just fixes that.

That all said, my AFM is still fairly new to my house (6 months ish), so I’m playing it a ton. I had played it a lot over the years, but it’s greatness comes out when you own it. I only learned about the cumulative Annihilation Jackpot about a month ago. And trying to intentionally set up dirty pool is a blast. But just trying to light everything to Rule the Universe (I haven’t), and destroying saucers is so rewarding.

I don’t have enough time on the new JP to make a real evaluation. I’ve enjoyed playing it, but I found the call outs a spec annoying. Hopefully in the future I can get enough games to really know it.

#17184 4 years ago

Hayfarmers is done

Response has been excellent so please be patient as I only have one printer and only
so much time.

Thx Allen
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpegAD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpegAD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpegAD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpegEBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpegEBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg

#17185 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

JJP Pirates?!
Love my MET Premium and LOVE my JJP Pirates. I like JP's layout a lot, but the theme/vibe (other than the T-Rex toy) is just MEH for me.

Yes. The jj one. Not a fan of layout. Stern pirates better. Cool toys and all...but Seems like a lot of issues with it breaking on location.

#17186 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Hayfarmers is done
Response once has been excellent so please be patient as I only have one printer and so much time.
Thx Allen[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome job Allen! This mod really ads to the theme. Especially the graveyard portion of the Playfield!! The paint job is stellar too!

#17187 4 years ago

This will be one of my last posts on this tread for my mod. I have cluttered it up enough and will start another thread with a classified listing.

Thank you guys for supporting my work.

#17188 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Newton ball is it and it is held in by that bracket. Congrats on the purchase!

Thanks! Great game so far, except that my kid (he's 10) has the high score right now (444m).

I found the correct Newton ball on pinball life. I had been looking at the one that is just a ball with a rod sticking out and couldn't figure out the bracket. Found the one with bracket and ordered.

#17189 4 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Thanks! Great game so far, except that my kid (he's 10) has the high score right now (444m).
I found the correct Newton ball on pinball life. I had been looking at the one that is just a ball with a rod sticking out and couldn't figure out the bracket. Found the one with bracket and ordered.

Your son blew it up nice score.

#17190 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Hayfarmers is done
Response once has been excellent so please be patient as I only have one printer and so much time.
Thx Allen[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!!!

#17191 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Thanks for this! I assume this is the one you meant, eh? http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-metallica-pinball-machine/. Says to purchase "a clear shield and hex standoffs" separately though, whatever that is.

That's the one!

Added over 4 years ago:

Just check the option for 'Add Shield/Standoffs for Metal Speaker Panels +$24'
Also there is now a foam gasket available in the accessories section of the store so you don't need to buy the 1" peel & stick black foam from Amazon.

#17192 4 years ago

Here's a topper I've been working on. Not perspex but full 3d objects. Obviously not finished as will mount better and add lighting.

The smaller logo will disappear btw

IMG_20200121_210219 (resized).jpgIMG_20200121_210219 (resized).jpg
#17193 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Here's a topper I've been working on. Not perspex but full 3d objects. Obviously not finished as will mount better and add lighting.
The smaller logo will disappear btw[quoted image]

That's pretty f'ing cool.

Really tall, too.

#17194 4 years ago

Hey guys I'm getting a Metallica Pro LED and I got some options to have mods installed before delivery, which one of the following would you recommend? Thanks!

1. Metallica Pro Coffin Insert (It adds 3 skulls to the coffin on the playfield, these are also lit from below)
2. Metallica Shooter Lane Protector
3. Metallica Sparky Anti Airball Plastic
4. Metallica Pinball Sparky Electrocution Helmet Mod (kinda expensive, like 50 bucks)
5. Metallica Pinball Snake Fangs Mod
6. Metallica Pinball Snake Mouth Decal
7. Coffin Pinball Mod

#17195 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailpin:

Hey guys I'm getting a Metallica Pro LED and I got some options to have mods installed before delivery, which one of the following would you recommend? Thanks!
1. Metallica Pro Coffin Insert (It adds 3 skulls to the coffin on the playfield, these are also lit from below)
4. Metallica Pinball Sparky Electrocution Helmet Mod (kinda expensive, like 50 bucks)
7. Coffin Pinball Mod

All of em!! Sparky helmet is only question mark for me. I could go either way. The rest are pretty affordable.

#17196 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

All of em!! Sparky helmet is only question mark for me. I could go either way. The rest are pretty affordable.

I agree. I’ve got the mod and it’s cool but honestly a bit lackluster because it’s hard to see. Not one of my family members or guests have ever commented on it. I doubt they see it... the cross mod over the lanes in front of the pops however is cheap and everyone asks if it came that way

#17197 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailpin:

7. Coffin Pinball Mod

External sub before any visual mods that dont enhance game play.

#17198 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

The smaller logo will disappear btw[quoted image]

You interested in making these a mod?

#17199 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailpin:

7. Coffin Pinball Mod

My opinion would be
In that order.

#17200 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

You interested in making these a mod?

Would like to but firstly I have to prove this one for durability ie, the shake test lol.

Also there's a lot if work involved, the pistons and logo took over 100 hours to make. Then painting, assembly etc

I'll post photos of the final product when done and estimate what it would sell for. But thanks for asking

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 344 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/344 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.