C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 434.
#17051 4 years ago

Just wanted to say after 3 or 4 years of owning a Metallica Pro I still tingle when I play this game!

That is all.

#17052 4 years ago

Why do people assume heavier weight = better quality? Stern out to put some led weights in their games then. I have no issue with the metal backbox and lighter games. As long as everything works well and looks great what more do you need? I've put a ton of games on my led pro and only real problem is a pesky insert led bulb that likes to wiggle loose. I do have a ghosted insert. Be nice if Stern could figure out how to make a proper playfield after all these years.

#17053 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Just wanted to say after 3 or 4 years of owning a Metallica Pro I still tingle when I play this game!
That is all.

thats it, now im turning mine on.

#17054 4 years ago

Can someone take a picture of your right outlane switch? I'm getting multiple switches triggering when I only hit that one and i may have something wrong with the wiring or diode. Thanks

IMG_20200104_102919_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200104_102919_01 (resized).jpg
#17055 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Can someone take a picture of your right outlane switch? I'm getting multiple switches triggering when I only hit that one and i may have something wrong with the wiring or diode. Thanks[quoted image]

9A15796C-7293-405C-A9DB-4C6600410348 (resized).jpeg9A15796C-7293-405C-A9DB-4C6600410348 (resized).jpeg
#17056 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

[quoted image]

Thank you. I'm finding it a little hard to make out. Can you tell which side the diode band is on. It also almost looks like you have a second wire on the backside of the switch, towards sparky

#17057 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

That is all.

Good to hear because I just bought the most craziest modded pro from a pinsiders in NJ. Set it up Thursday but finally playing it a bunch tonight.

#17058 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Thank you. I'm finding it a little hard to make out. Can you tell which side the diode band is on. It also almost looks like you have a second wire on the backside of the switch, towards sparky

im fairly certain the diode connects the outer posts. it is hard to make out, sorry. the side of the switch toward sparky is just the diode , no wire connects to it, although i guess technically the diode connects the outer and inner posts.

#17059 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Good to hear because I just bought the most craziest modded pro from a pinsiders in NJ. Set it up Thursday but finally playing it a bunch tonight.

you just got that one? it looks SICK!!!!!!!!!!! post more pics! haha

#17060 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Can someone take a picture of your right outlane switch? I'm getting multiple switches triggering when I only hit that one and i may have something wrong with the wiring or diode. Thanks[quoted image]

It looks melted to me. Not near pin right now.

#17061 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

It is definitely sick. It's one of the best looking MET Pros you will ever see.

#17062 4 years ago

Someone at stern had a brain fart when they built this game. Three diodes were flipped or they put the wire on the wrong side of the diode. Was getting annoying starting multiball on drains

#17063 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Someone at stern had a brain fart when they built this game. Three diodes were flipped or they put the wire on the wrong side of the diode. Was getting annoying starting multiball on drains

Did you just get it NIB?

#17064 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Did you just get it NIB?

Nah, but I'm fairly confident from talking with the original owner they didn't do this to the game. Someone posted of the same issue 6 years ago. I guess fairly easy thing to screw up but you'd expect to to be caught during QC.

#17065 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

you'd expect to to be caught during QC.

Ha! They have NO quality control. They prove that constantly.

#17066 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I will tomorrow. Thanks dude.

#17067 4 years ago

After about a dozen prints I think I’m where I wanna be. Shortened it up and all wires are routed through statue

It’s perfectly centered and tailored around my height 5’ 7.

I have one that’s turned out really well just not the final product. FREE just pay shipping

EA2BCBAC-7A0B-40AC-98BD-D7246CDCF63D (resized).jpegEA2BCBAC-7A0B-40AC-98BD-D7246CDCF63D (resized).jpegE04AB87B-233F-4941-963C-209F848F605B (resized).jpegE04AB87B-233F-4941-963C-209F848F605B (resized).jpeg
#17068 4 years ago

Here is a pic of the one I’m giving away. It 15 mm higher than the final product and the 1666 sign is super glued on

All it needs is your paint and led strips

Allen
2D0C6931-2596-4E38-8FC1-B33B464A4788 (resized).jpeg2D0C6931-2596-4E38-8FC1-B33B464A4788 (resized).jpeg8E456ABD-3C7D-421F-8EF7-9AD943B92574 (resized).jpeg8E456ABD-3C7D-421F-8EF7-9AD943B92574 (resized).jpegE5B8E2AC-C16B-40EF-8DF1-1BA7467CBF13 (resized).jpegE5B8E2AC-C16B-40EF-8DF1-1BA7467CBF13 (resized).jpeg
BA5FA882-7F61-4DD3-AC0E-C1EBBF4901B5 (resized).jpegBA5FA882-7F61-4DD3-AC0E-C1EBBF4901B5 (resized).jpeg

66C62DD9-7C21-4225-899A-C4FB24F7F079 (resized).jpeg66C62DD9-7C21-4225-899A-C4FB24F7F079 (resized).jpegC1D830F3-A7D0-42ED-B8A0-1A759A9361A7 (resized).jpegC1D830F3-A7D0-42ED-B8A0-1A759A9361A7 (resized).jpeg
#17069 4 years ago

So I came home from work last night and I just felt like playing pinball after a rough day. I chose MET since my buddy (multiballmaniac) just got one and we have been talking about it alot. Like someone said a few posts back, I had forgotten just how great this game really is.

I ended up playing like 3 hours and flat out got addicted and couldn't stop playing. I feel like I need some counseling for addiction right now. I haven't had that much fun playing pinball in a long time

My MET is 100% bolted to the floor forever so to everyone out there that knows me, dont even ask because it's never going to be for sale! This game is absolutely a freaking masterpiece and one of the best pinball machines ever made. Its gotta be a top 10 game of all time for sure. Cant wait to play again tomorrow!

#17070 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Why do people assume heavier weight = better quality? Stern out to put some led weights in their games then. I have no issue with the metal backbox and lighter games. As long as everything works well and looks great what more do you need? I've put a ton of games on my led pro and only real problem is a pesky insert led bulb that likes to wiggle loose. I do have a ghosted insert. Be nice if Stern could figure out how to make a proper playfield after all these years.

That's because heavier usually does mean better quality, the lighter pinballs on wobbly legs IMO are not as good to play as the more solid older pins that don't fly across the room with the slightest nudge. Stern has been lowering quality all around for quite a while, this is just another example.
I wanted to get more info so that I know how to pick an older more solid one if I decide to buy a Metallica.
TBH I like the playfields of IM and JP2 but IM feels cheap to play, everything just feels flimsy and the QC issues are shocking so sadly I'm another who won't be buying NIB, that's why I'm considering Metallica.

#17071 4 years ago

#17072 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I wanted to get more info so that I know how to pick an older more solid one

The year of manufacture is in large print on the serial number label on the back of the cab, etc. Example - Mine is 2013 and has the wooden backbox. (The metal backbox came a few years after.)

#17073 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

That's because heavier usually does mean better quality, the lighter pinballs on wobbly legs IMO are not as good to play as the more solid older pins that don't fly across the room with the slightest nudge. Stern has been lowering quality all around for quite a while, this is just another example.
I wanted to get more info so that I know how to pick an older more solid one if I decide to buy a Metallica.
TBH I like the playfields of IM and JP2 but IM feels cheap to play, everything just feels flimsy and the QC issues are shocking so sadly I'm another who won't be buying NIB, that's why I'm considering Metallica.

Every Stern I have played has felt great to me. Flippers flip great and everything works on most games I play. IMDN and JP2 are two of the best Stern games to date imo. Playfield clearcoat issues, dimpling, ghosting inserts, bad coil stops, etc have nothing to do with overall weight. In comparison, JJP games might be more solid feeling but I don't care for how they play and they are far from bulletproof.

#17074 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Here is a pic of the one I’m giving away. It 15 mm higher than the final product and the 1666 sign is super glued on
All it needs is your paint and led strips
Allen
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great work there hoby1

#17075 4 years ago

I've run into a few issues on my met premium.

1. After replacing the speaker (old one got impaled) I noticed all the bass on the games sound is gone. I thought I soldered the two wires back on just like the old speaker...maybe I missed something

2. I keep getting a technician alert that the snake jaw is unable to close. I dont see anything jamming it or getting in the way. I started a game and put the ball in there and it didn't register...that makes me think bad switch..but that doesn't explain the jaw not closing..does it?

The ball trough is always reading switch 22 as closed, so it thinks there's a 5th ball when there isn't. The machine goes into vall search mode and won't start. If you take a ball out it thinks there are 4 and will play.

Any thoughts?
20200106_115003 (resized).jpg20200106_115003 (resized).jpg20200106_115136 (resized).jpg20200106_115136 (resized).jpg

#17076 4 years ago

My cross on my pro just broke in half. Does anyone other then Marco sell replacements?

#17077 4 years ago

I'm looking for a HUO Metallica pro.
What is with this GAP (Great American Pinball) on prices? They are out of Chicago area. Every time I see a GAP machine listed it's price is ridiculously high? Check this out...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87471

For this price, you would think they could have included a color LCD at the very least!

#17078 4 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

I've run into a few issues on my met premium.
1. After replacing the speaker (old one got impaled) I noticed all the bass on the games sound is gone. I thought I soldered the two wires back on just like the old speaker...maybe I missed something
2. I keep getting a technician alert that the snake jaw is unable to close. I dont see anything jamming it or getting in the way. I started a game and put the ball in there and it didn't register...that makes me think bad switch..but that doesn't explain the jaw not closing..does it?
The ball trough is always reading switch 22 as closed, so it thinks there's a 5th ball when there isn't. The machine goes into vall search mode and won't start. If you take a ball out it thinks there are 4 and will play.
Any thoughts?
[quoted image][quoted image]

What speaker did you use for a replacement? The one in the cabinet is a sub.

The snake jaw is probably a bad switch, go through the switch test and see if it activates when it is supposed to.

Same thing with your ball trough issue, run the switch test and put one ball in at a time. We have a lot of trough issues with our routed games.

#17079 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

What speaker did you use for a replacement? The one in the cabinet is a sub.
The snake jaw is probably a bad switch, go through the switch test and see if it activates when it is supposed to.
Same thing with your ball trough issue, run the switch test and put one ball in at a time. We have a lot of trough issues with our routed games.

I solved the speaker issue. One of the connectors in the back box was hooked up incorrectly.

I'll check the switches when I get home for the other things and report back.

#17080 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

That is all.

It's the same with my Star Trek Pro!
I enjoyed Metallica Pro big time at the local coin op. Then they got rid of it because younger crowd didn't care for the theme he said. I was bumbed. So now I'll buy my own!

#17081 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

BEC16C8D-A4E8-40D6-8096-4BD2C9E0C98C (resized).jpegBEC16C8D-A4E8-40D6-8096-4BD2C9E0C98C (resized).jpeg
#17082 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

What is with this GAP (Great American Pinball) on prices? They are out of Chicago area. Every time I see a GAP machine listed it's price is ridiculously high? Check this out...
For this price, you would think they could have included a color LCD at the very least!

I paid 5700 for a ridiculously cool modded pro GAP is on meth.

#17083 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Exactly what I just bought vs nib too.

#17084 4 years ago

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
I was just looking at this one! Congrats!! It's awesome!

#17085 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Man hes going for the kill with that price isnt he?

#17086 4 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

I solved the speaker issue. One of the connectors in the back box was hooked up incorrectly.
I'll check the switches when I get home for the other things and report back.

So did some more looking. The snake was a switch that had a loose connection...so that's solved for the moment.. the ball trough is still acting up switch 22 reading as having a ball there even when its empty. It's the opto stacking switch.

20200106_232456 (resized).jpg20200106_232456 (resized).jpg
#17087 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So I came home from work last night and I just felt like playing pinball after a rough day. I chose MET since my buddy (multiballmaniac) just got one and we have been talking about it alot. Like someone said a few posts back, I had forgotten just how great this game really is.
I ended up playing like 3 hours and flat out got addicted and couldn't stop playing. I feel like I need some counseling for addiction right now. I haven't had that much fun playing pinball in a long time
My MET is 100% bolted to the floor forever so to everyone out there that knows me, dont even ask because it's never going to be for sale! This game is absolutely a freaking masterpiece and one of the best pinball machines ever made. Its gotta be a top 10 game of all time for sure. Cant wait to play again tomorrow!

I hope it stays in the top 10. It keeps slipping with all the new games coming out and Elwin bandwagons.

#17088 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I hope it stays in the top 10. It keeps slipping with all the new games coming out and Elwin bandwagons.

The Elwin games may be putting a hurting on it staying in the top 10 for sure buy hey even if it's a top 20 game that's pretty awesome right?

#17089 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Man hes going for the kill with that price isnt he?

And some guy down thumbs my post above for mentioning it?? LOL!

#17090 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

And some guy down thumbs my post above for mentioning it?? LOL!

You got downvoted for price policing. If you don't want it..don't buy it. No need to come in here shitting on someone's market place add! Probably something to do with that "less than" sign beside how many years you've been part of the pinside community!

#17091 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You got downvoted for price policing. If you don't want it..don't buy it. No need to come in here shitting on someone's market place add! Probably something to do with that "less than" sign beside how many years you've been part of the pinside community!

Policing??
You're right! He should have asked for...
Dp4gQ5MU4AAC7vo (resized).jpgDp4gQ5MU4AAC7vo (resized).jpg
After all... It's a GAP!

And I've been involved with pinball for years and on other sites! So your remark about my time on Pinside amounts to nothing but an ad hominem attack.

#17092 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Elwin games may be putting a hurting on it staying in the top 10 for sure buy hey even if it's a top 20 game that's pretty awesome right?

I'd rate Metallica as one of the best games of the last decade (2010-2020), which deserves respect given it was released in 2013 and has been slowly but continuously updated for over 5yrs (last updated Nov 18). It's the complete package of artwork, dots, lighting, great call-outs, fast action, cool toys, good layout, easy access with expert depth and variety.

If a recent Elwin newcomer is better, well that's kind-of to be expected given the newer tech capabilities, but Met deserves it's place near the top.

My Premium is the most expensive game i own (took some courage to save up) and was bought after owning a modded Pro - it's staying for a good while and would be the last to leave. It's not like selling it would be a straight swap for JP or Maiden or whatever - new prices for Premiums (especially in Europe) are just bonkers - so i'll let the dust settle on the newcomers before making my mind up in a few years.

#17093 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Policing??
You're right! He should have asked for...
[quoted image]
After all... It's a GAP!
And I've been involved with pinball for years and on other sites! So your remark about my time on Pinside amounts to nothing but an ad hominem attack.

you've been around for years and that's how you treat a fellow community member who is trying to do his job? Ya, those places probably have more overhead and charge more than private sales. So what? You're not their target customer then. Why put him on blast in here.. take it else where. This thread is for owner's..not wannabe's and their price issues.

#17094 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Why put him on blast in here.. take it else where. This thread is for owner's..not wannabe's and their price issues.

"wannabe's"?
Hey pal, take a look. I already own pinball machines and WILL own a Metallica as soon as I find a fair price within a reasonable proximity! I stress the word FAIR.
Even if that game was new with a warranty, I would value it at about maybe $6900.00. He's a thousand over that and that's for New out of box (first owner). Which is why in my original comment I stated that he could have at least included a color LCD for that price. And every ad I see from these guys is like this! If you don't like that I brought it up on a pinball forum, fine. But I think new comers should be informed. Prices are crazy enough now as it is!

#17095 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

"wannabe's"?
Hey pal, take a look. I already own pinball machines and WILL own a Metallica as soon as I find a fair price within a reasonable proximity! I stress the word FAIR.

Who cares if you're going to own a MET one day? Doesn't allow u to be a d'bag in here man

#17096 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Who cares if you're going to own a MET one day? Doesn't allow u to be a d'bag in here man

Well he didnt go into the for sale thread and shit on it so to me it's not that big of a deal. I shit on it too for the simple reason I've never seen a 8K used pro. It might cost you that much to do all of that to a new game I dont know but as we all know you dont get new money back on mods. That is a pretty crazy price seems like to me. It definitely made me do a double take and put a weird look on my face.

#17097 4 years ago

#17098 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well he didnt go into the for sale thread and shit on it so to me it's not that big of a deal. I shit on it too for the simple reason I've never seen a 8K used pro. It might cost you that much to do all of that to a new game I dont know but as we all know you dont get new money back on mods. That is a pretty crazy price seems like to me. It definitely made me do a double take and put a weird look on my face.

Pretty much my reaction too. It's a sucker's price for someone who's new/doesn't know any better/desperate.
Bought a NIB MET Monsters Premium about 3 years ago & modded it heavily w/ color LCD.
Wouldn't be asking that price for mine if I decided to sell which is HUO & <300 plays.
Or maybe I'll shoot for $9K - $10K to try and peddle it -- any takers?

#17099 4 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Bought a NIB MET Monsters Premium about 3 years ago & modded it heavily w/ color LCD.
Wouldn't be asking that price for mine if I decided to sell which is HUO & <300 plays.
Or maybe I'll shoot for $9K - $10K to try and peddle it -- any takers?

3 years, 300 plays= 2 games pre week. Almost time to wax and replace balls.

#17100 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

3 years, 300 plays= 2 games pre week. Almost time to wax and replace balls.

Heh, heh -- Yeah, it hasn't been overplayed by any means.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 149.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/342?hl=maclean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.