IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 433.
#16851 4 years ago

Placed an order for the Monsters Premium Translite back when they were out of stock (didn't realize they were out until after I ordered). Anyways, I got an email today stating it had shipped out. Checked game room guys ebay listing and it looks like there are 3 more available. Link is below.

ebay.com link: Stern Metallica Premium Pinball Backbox Translite Part Number 830 52E 01

#16852 4 years ago

Posted this in the PinWoofer thread, but thought I would throw it up here too since it is MET specific.

Recently installed a Superkit in my MET Pro and wanted to give a quick review.

My MET had FF speakers in it when I got it and I added an external sub several years ago and I just have never been happy with the sound. Given this was my first Pinwoofer kit, I went with the full kit with speakers and will use the FF speakers in another game.

Install took me a little while as I went really slow and the stock wiring had already been changed due to the FF kit and therefore everything looked a little different than the “before” photos provided in the instructions. I had a few questions/minor issues along the way and Dan was fantastic at answering all my dumb questions and had me up and running quick. His response time and customer service is fantastic!

After finishing the install and dialing it in a little, all I can say is WOW! The backbox speakers are clear, crisp and sound great, but what really blew me away was the bass from the cabinet. It sounds fantastic, hits hard and adds a tactile feel to the game that my external sub could not come close to matching. It really changes the experience of playing and takes it to a whole new level.

Overall this was one of the best upgrades/mods I have ever done and I couldn't be happier with the product or Dan's customer service.

#16853 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Posted this in the PinWoofer thread, but thought I would throw it up here too since it is MET specific.
Recently installed a Superkit in my MET Pro and wanted to give a quick review.
My MET had FF speakers in it when I got it and I added an external sub several years ago and I just have never been happy with the sound. Given this was my first Pinwoofer kit, I went with the full kit with speakers and will use the FF speakers in another game.
Install took me a little while as I went really slow and the stock wiring had already been changed due to the FF kit and therefore everything looked a little different than the “before” photos provided in the instructions. I had a few questions/minor issues along the way and Dan was fantastic at answering all my dumb questions and had me up and running quick. His response time and customer service is fantastic!
After finishing the install and dialing it in a little, all I can say is WOW! The backbox speakers are clear, crisp and sound great, but what really blew me away was the bass from the cabinet. It sounds fantastic, hits hard and adds a tactile feel to the game that my external sub could not come close to matching. It really changes the experience of playing and takes it to a whole new level.
Overall this was one of the best upgrades/mods I have ever done and I couldn't be happier with the product or Dan's customer service.

Agreed I am a happy 2x customer. PinWoofer even made me a special extra cable to power my 8 way splitter from his amp.

#16854 4 years ago

I have some nib 2018 run playfields for sale. Message me if interested.

#16855 4 years ago

Is there a way to hear/play to the "live" versions of the Metallica songs? I found a way listen to the "live" AM songs on acdc.

#16856 4 years ago

I am afraid not.

#16857 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Is there a way to hear/play to the "live" versions of the Metallica songs? I found a way listen to the "live" AM songs on acdc.

You can't do it- it was one of the things that makes AC/DC so cool and i looked for it as soon as i got my Met - it should be standard on all music pins but as far as I know only on AC/DC

#16858 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

You could replace the songs with the live versions in pinball browser, but you can't have both versions unfortunately.

#16859 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I wish !

Man AC/DC Jukebox is the BEST !

Would be Awesome for Met !

Same for IMDN , praying for Epic Jukebox Live vs Studio

#16860 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I wish !
Man AC/DC Jukebox is the BEST !
Would be Awesome for Met !
Same for IMDN , praying for Epic Jukebox Live vs Studio

AC/DC'S live jukebox is great, but why are you not able to play with the live music????

#16861 4 years ago

It’s simply not written into the game code for Metallica

#16862 4 years ago

Does anyone have any extras of the premium/LE plastics that are along both sides of the Playfield they would sell? I need the two plastics where the two spinners are. Thank you!

#16863 4 years ago

My Metallica has the jukebox feature. It's not live, but it plays all the songs.
It has to be turned on in service menu.

#16864 4 years ago

What is everyone using for sling and flipper rubber color? Thinking about orange for flippers and possibly slings, but not sure.

#16865 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

What is everyone using for sling and flipper rubber color? Thinking about orange for flippers and possibly slings, but not sure.

Clear rubbers look slick. I have orange flipper rubbers.

#16866 4 years ago

I have orange and love it.

#16867 4 years ago

New owner here (monster premium), amazing machine, a quick new owner question. I've only played this in bars so never really noticed this before, but those LED flashers behind the tombstone, wow. I'm seeing spots after they're blinking for a while. Not sure if there's mod that sits in front of them or anywhere between them and my line of sight, or how you've dealt with this. I have to look slightly away when they're flashing.

#16868 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

New owner here (monster premium), amazing machine, a quick new owner question. I've only played this in bars so never really noticed this before, but those LED flashers behind the tombstone, wow. I'm seeing spots after they're blinking for a while. Not sure if there's mod that sits in front of them or anywhere between them and my line of sight, or how you've dealt with this. I have to look slightly away when they're flashing.

When I got my game, i glued some colored gels to a piece of Plexi and rigged it in front of the bulb. This way, it shined a subdued blue towards the player, but white up thru the plastic above. Now they have those flex bulbs you can throw in there to aim the light away. That drove me crazy too.

#16869 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I changed out the flashers to orange and red.

Noticed you are in Leominster, will be there Thanksgiving week at our new location doing inventory.

#16870 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I did dark blue for slings and posts. Black for the flipper as I put on the bony flipper bats.

#16871 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

When I installed the rising cross mod I made a little cutout of the LE artwork to fit in behind there to filter the bright light. You can see it in this video:

#16872 4 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

When I installed the rising cross mod I made a little cutout of the LE artwork to fit in behind there to filter the bright light. You can see it in this video:

That looks nice and clean. Love it.

#16873 4 years ago

This would have to be up there for one of the most coolest things Stern Pinball has ever done !

https://www.pinballnews.com/games/metallica/index6.html

Kudos to Martin for the dedication and excellent detail.

Now if there was any way Stern Pinball could swing this extra 2 song vote deal for AC/DC and IMDN, could be one of the most amazing promotional tools for pinball for sure.

#16874 4 years ago

I'll never understand the decision to not include "Hit the Lights" in a game where the objective is to literally hit the lights. Major missed opportunity. (Also Kill em all is my favorite album and got one track. Stupid Black album)

#16875 4 years ago

My playlist does not include end of the line

#16876 4 years ago

End of the line is unlocked as a selectable song when you get to the end of the line mode

#16877 4 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

End of the line is unlocked as a selectable song when you get to the end of the line mode

It’s available to select in attract mode also.

#16878 4 years ago

Anyone know if spinny vinny is making mods still?

#16879 4 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Wow, that's perfect. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by cutout though. You printed something yourself and then cut it to size? If so, what type of paper did you print it on and how did you get it to stay back there? I'm really interested to try your method, thanks.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Kill em all is my favorite album and got one track.

You and me both. And we might be the only two. One day I'm going to change all the songs to nothing but tracks from Kill 'Em All and Ride the Lightning.

#16880 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Anyone know if spinny vinny is making mods still?

Yup..he is busy as an artist in a calgary studio (like painting and shit!) But still hit him up! I sent a new Metallica owner his way tonight for a custom Seattle Seahawk sparky!! Send him a PM !

#16881 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Wow, that's perfect. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by cutout though. You printed something yourself and then cut it to size? If so, what type of paper did you print it on and how did you get it to stay back there? I'm really interested to try your method, thanks.

I just found a pic of the side art of the LE and sized it to fit the position, then laminated and hot glued the side arm bits into position. I have a couple of extras left if you can’t be bothered making one, just send me a PM.

507E6B91-27AA-4CDC-AFBB-4079B7BB71C7 (resized).jpeg507E6B91-27AA-4CDC-AFBB-4079B7BB71C7 (resized).jpegE337CB3C-9387-4BE2-A54B-13F42F8C2DA5 (resized).jpegE337CB3C-9387-4BE2-A54B-13F42F8C2DA5 (resized).jpeg
#16882 4 years ago

Joined this weekend. What an awesome fast game!

#16883 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Yup..he is busy as an artist in a calgary studio (like painting and shit!) But still hit him up! I sent a new Metallica owner his way tonight for a custom Seattle Seahawk sparky!! Send him a PM !

I did for the snake tail and no response

#16884 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Orange rubbers all day for the lower half of the playfield at least. Secondly, swapping the bats and posts to black brings it all together IMHO.

20190921_133716 (resized).jpg20190921_133716 (resized).jpg
#16885 4 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

Orange rubbers all day for the lower half of the playfield at least. Secondly, swapping the bats and posts to black brings it all together IMHO. [quoted image]

Wow, that does look nice.

#16886 4 years ago

Love the orange, pardon my ignorance, but where are you guys getting rubbers from?

#16887 4 years ago

titan pinball all the way
https://www.titanpinball.com/

#16888 4 years ago

Titan FTW!!! I have them in purple on mine with translucent slings

#16889 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Titan FTW!!! I have them in purple on mine with translucent slings

That's my exact same setup, too.

#16890 4 years ago

I think i need new flipper bats and rubbers now dammit

#16891 4 years ago

Even though I took these off and put them on my TWD, I still like the SS boney flippers on MET best.

20191121_190619 (resized).jpg20191121_190619 (resized).jpg
#16892 4 years ago

Sooo, you thought you loved the Metallica pin??

FB_IMG_1574345173537 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1574345173537 (resized).jpg
#16893 4 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Was just gonna start a game (played last night with no problem). Turn it on......and all I hear is the sound of the post inside the coffin, going up and down. There's a ball in there. Fiddled around a bit trying to get it out, now have this error. "Device Malfunction Coffin Lockup".
Any suggestions folks??

[quoted image]

Hello! I am having the same issue, any advice, thank you!!

#16894 4 years ago

Damm divertor post sometimes worked and sometimes didn’t. Wires were connected to coil but closer inspection revealed a small break in solder connection.

#16895 4 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Hello! I am having the same issue, any advice, thank you!!

Sounds like maybe the ball is magnetized?

#16896 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Something is tripping the switch. Have you gone into switch test mode to see what's active?

Having the exact same error and when I go into switches Opto #3 is active to start the game. Any clue how to clear it and fix? Thanks, Jay

#16897 4 years ago

My 14 year old has taken all but one of the high score spots on our Met. Anyone suggest a suitable punishment?

#16898 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My 14 year old has taken all but one of the high score spots on our Met. Anyone suggest a suitable punishment?

Those games look like they could use a good clean and wax

#16899 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Those games look like they could use a good clean and wax

LOL!

#16900 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

If you beat me in my house to much I start tell people they have to start paying for games. Seems to work you could try that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/338 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.