C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 434.
#16801 4 years ago

So Metallica is off to a loving new home in Kingston. Great game but limited room and time for a change. You will be missed Metallica.

#16802 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Me too but sticky tack. Never glue

Hot glue peels off and doesn’t hurt what it’s used on.

#16803 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Hot glue peels off and doesn’t hurt what it’s used on.

Unless it's skin

#16804 4 years ago

I like Elmer's Rubber Cement. Comes off super easy.

#16805 4 years ago

I use blu tack to hold the picks. Don't think that should ruin anything

#16806 4 years ago

Happy to temporarily join the club. I just swung a 3 month trade of My ST:TNG for Metallica and am... still learning the rules. Fun game! Pro tip: if you cut the cat 5 that goes from the backbox to the coin door the sound doesn't work! Easy fix though. Having fun learning the game.

20191005_171001 (resized).jpg20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
#16807 4 years ago

Hi friends,

I am new to both pinball ownership and a sweet modded out metallica pro is my first pin. I have a question because I think something is goofed with the machine. There is a post right above the mystery scoop that has a 7/16 OD rubber on it which causes the ball to go SDTM or bounce over to the left flipper when it comes down from (I dont know what its called) the area where the pop bumpers push the ball to the right. The metallicas ive played in a few arcades around town does not do this. Should I be shaving down the rubber I buy in order to make the bounce happen a bit less? Or should i take off that metal piece that lets the ball glide down to the post and bend it a bit? This is basically my first "issue", and im looking forward to fixing it. Thanks in advance!

#16808 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

There is a post right above the mystery scoop that has a 7/16 OD rubber on it which causes the ball to go SDTM or bounce over to the left flipper when it comes down from

Sounds like the wrong size rubber, this post rubber should not extend beyond the edge of the guide rail. For a quic fix, just swap it with the one to the right of Sparky.

#16809 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Sounds like the wrong size rubber, this post rubber should not extend beyond the edge of the guide rail. For a quic fix, just swap it with the one to the right of Sparky.

The sparky and that one are the same size. I tried that already hoping for a quick fix. Ive uploaded a pic and you can see its just barely over the edge of the metal wall there. Its just barely visible from this angle.

One other thing to note is that the scoop has a (presumably) cliffy metal protector on it, so maybe that caused the post to move out of alignment a bit? Hell if I know at this point, but Im totally willing to move/unseat/bend/mod anything to make it better.

The rubbers that were on the machine when I purchased were from titan. I used this guide I found to double check, and bought a new rubber (well, of course I bought a lot so i wouldn't be waiting for days if a slingshot rubber broke). https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a1NWWHRFXhTAknLEbc5mDyzQKEl8zov5nmEd9mvF5Xg/edit#gid=575980796

At this point Im about 1.5 months in, totally sucked in to pinball culture (or at least I think I am haha). Im totally loving the machine and the potential for mucking around w it!

Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpgImage from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
#16810 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

Ive uploaded a pic and you can see its just barely over the edge of the metal wall there. Its just barely visible from this angle.

That's called the rail for the right orbit.

The rail on my Metallica is more to the left so balls rolling along there will miss the rubber. To fix that, you need to take that plastic off and whatever else is necessary and see if you can loosen the screws holding the rail to shift it a little left and tighten it back down.

#16811 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The rail on my Metallica is more to the left so balls rolling along there will miss the rubber. To fix that, you need to take that plastic off and whatever else is necessary and see if you can loosen the screws holding the rail to shift it a little left and tighten it back down.

DEAR GOD THANK YOU. I found that one of the standard head screws holding that metal, when tightened, caused it to pull in a bit. I tried a few times and no dice, but by that time i had the metal piece accessible, so i just bent it a wee bit. Works like a charm now!

Also thanks for telling me what its called, im trying to remember the terms but some of them I dont know.. Actually I suspect most of the terms/parts/etc I dont know yet. I now know orbit

edit: is there some way to give karma/upvotes or something like that here? edit2: found it!

#16812 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

Actually I suspect most of the terms/parts/etc I dont know yet.

Glad that worked. You can read this if your having trouble falling asleep..

https://www.ipdb.org/glossary.php

#16813 4 years ago

The front drop target is failing to stay up when the game resets them at the start of a ball. I don’t know much about Stern drops. Is there something I can do to correct this?

#16814 4 years ago

Replace if worn or adjust tension on the back.

#16815 4 years ago

Not sure if this has been posted before.

FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
#16816 4 years ago

I like the green plastic protectors I put on the game but it definitely cuts down the nice colors from the led's below. I have a premium and really enjoyed the color light show from below. I'm torn, does anyone have pictures of the green plastic from that company in germany that are cut out below the plastics and your opinion?

1 week later
#16817 4 years ago

Does anyone know where to get the extended Sparky airball plastic? Mine finally cracked. Looking for the version that is clear with no spider web etching.

#16818 4 years ago

Rickwh was making them. you could always reach out to him and see if he still has any left

#16819 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Does anyone know where to get the extended Sparky airball plastic? Mine finally cracked. Looking for the version that is clear with no spider web etching.

I got mine from Pinbits:

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_74&products_id=630&zenid=6580c2d4b1f8acd987e6f5d308901459

#16820 4 years ago

I got mine from pinbits as well.

#16821 4 years ago

Yeah sorry ive been out of stock for a long time. No plans to make any more. Ive been referring peeps to pinbits.

#16822 4 years ago

Back in the club tonight. Wasn’t gone for long.

Anybody know where I can get a Monsters translite?

DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpegDF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpegE6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpegE6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
#16823 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Anybody know where I can get a Monsters translite?

I hate to recommend Ebay for pinball stuff, but this is where I got mine. It's actually Game Room Guys. They don't seem to have it on their regular website.
ebay.com link: Stern Metallica Premium Pinball Backbox Translite Part Number 830 52E 01

#16824 4 years ago

That’s a great price, grab it!

#16825 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I hate to recommend Ebay for pinball stuff, but this is where I got mine. It's actually Game Room Guys. They don't seem to have it on their regular website.
ebay.com link » Stern Metallica Premium Pinball Backbox Translite Part Number 830 52e 01

Wow thanks for that link. Just grabbed one!

#16826 4 years ago

DANG IT! None left
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#16827 4 years ago

Wow that’s the cheapest I’ve ever seen!

#16828 4 years ago

Is there a setting that allows you to keep the grave stones that you've knocked down from one ball to another? Or, is the only option that they reset at the start of each ball. Thanks!

#16829 4 years ago
Quoted from WeLoveScott:

Is there a setting that allows you to keep the grave stones that you've knocked down from one ball to another? Or, is the only option that they reset at the start of each ball. Thanks!

Drops always reset. I recommend setting to carry over the pic targets tho!

#16830 4 years ago

What’s the trick to stop the balls from getting magnetized on the graveyard multi ball. Lost two possible grand champion scores to the balls getting stuck on the magnet. Got three stuck at once, then changed all the balls and 15 games later happened again.

Anyone have a link to ones that don’t magnetize ?

#16831 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

What’s the trick to stop the balls from getting magnetized on the graveyard multi ball. Lost two possible grand champion scores to the balls getting stuck on the magnet. Got three stuck at once, then changed all the balls and 15 games later happened again.

If a ball is being held by the graveyard magnet, then you need a hard, direct hit from the right flipper to knock it off the magnet. Anything less won't work, especially backhand shots from the left flipper. Doesn't mean that your balls are magnetized, just means that you didn't hit the first ball hard enough.

#16832 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

If a ball is being held by the graveyard magnet, then you need a hard, direct hit from the right flipper to knock it off the magnet. Anything less won't work, especially backhand shots from the left flipper. Doesn't mean that your balls are magnetized, just means that you didn't hit the first ball hard enough.

Agree

#16833 4 years ago

Yep, normal behavior!!

#16834 4 years ago

I hit those balls hard. Then when removed The balls I can pull them around the pool table like a train.

#16835 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Anyone have a link to ones that don’t magnetize ?

If the balls are really magnetized, you need carbon core balls like these:

https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

#16836 4 years ago

Are you using the high polished chrome balls. Standard carbon balls are the go for games with magnets especially ones with lots of magnets like theatre of magic etc

#16837 4 years ago

Thabks- this is what I have been looking for, But unfortunately they have been out of stock for quite sometime now. Anyone have a link to someone who currently has these in stock.

Thanks.

#16839 4 years ago

Thanks so much I will give these a shot until Barron has the other ones in stock. Appreciate the help everyone!

#16840 4 years ago

I purchased some really shiny ones from at expo last week (from the pinball wizard) but haven't had a chance to try them out and see how long they last before magnetizing.

the owner assured me that these will work and not get magnetized but we'll see. the chrome ones from ball baron were really nice, but got really magnetized after about 50-60 games (to the point where 3 balls were firmly stuck in the coffin subway on my MET premium). and unfortunately, my degaussing ring didn't do much more than eliminate the problem for about an additional 5 games.

shiny (resized).jpgshiny (resized).jpg

#16841 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

ebay.com link » Stern Metallica Premium Pinball Backbox Translite Part Number 830 52e 01

Damn it. I always seem to be a day late and a dollar short. Oh well.

#16842 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Thabks- this is what I have been looking for, But unfortunately they have been out of stock for quite sometime now. Anyone have a link to someone who currently has these in stock.
Thanks.

I have 50 or 60 of them if you want to swing by and grab some. I’m fairly close to you. I’ll sell them to you at cost.

#16843 4 years ago

Sorry, didn't notice they were out of stock. These are in stock but with a risk:

https://ballbaron.com/product/carbon-steel-pinballs-uninspected/

#16844 4 years ago

no apology needed jawjaw appreciate the responses.

Thanks for the offer colston- pm replied to.

Mike.

#16845 4 years ago

Can someone do me a favor that will save me about an hour of reinstalling the code. I’m playing with pinball browser, swapping out songs and trying figure something out.

Can someone start a game (but not plunge) and take note of how the songs preview? For example, if you set the radio on Fuel does it play the entire song, 20s of the song, 5s, etc? What do some of the other songs do?

I’m trying to get a feel for how they act. Someone of my replaced songs are 5s and others are 30 seconds.

I just never paid attention to how it worked before.

#16846 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can someone do me a favor that will save me about an hour of reinstalling the code. I’m playing with pinball browser, swapping out songs and trying figure something out.
Can someone start a game (but not plunge) and take note of how the songs preview? For example, if you set the radio on Fuel does it play the entire song, 20s of the song, 5s, etc? What do some of the other songs do?
I’m trying to get a feel for how they act. Someone of my replaced songs are 5s and others are 30 seconds.
I just never paid attention to how it worked before.

I remember it loops the first part of the song, in a spot where it is not noticable.

#16847 4 years ago

As stated above.
Ride the lightning: about 5 sec loop
Bells tolls: just the bell ringing Loop
Fade to black: about 5 sec loop
Creeping: 5 sec loop

And so on... no loop really longer than 5sec.

1 week later
#16848 4 years ago

Anybody have mirror blades in with the Creeping Death light rails?

The last two METS I had actually had the CD side blades and rails. Wondering if with mirror blades the light show would be way too bright or reflective.

#16849 4 years ago

On occasion my ColorDMD will go into what I'm guessing is Sigma. It will go back to color if I power cycle the game, but I'm wondering if there is a way to stop this issue from happening. Any suggestions? It's the LCD version.

#16850 4 years ago

I have had received a few messages of where to find all the parts for a music themed shooter so thought to post here

here is where the parts can be found here
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksmusic&sort=newest

and the blank plunger rods can be found at pinball life here
https://www.pinballlife.com/knobless-shooter-rod.html

Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpgPlunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpgPlunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpgPlunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
$ 149.00
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/337?hl=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.