C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 434.
#16701 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I picked up a Monsters Premium translite on Ebay, from a pinball retailer.
Saw this when I got it. Looks like silver sharpie.
Is my new translite signed by Dirty Donny?[quoted image][quoted image]

Sure looks that way. Same as another signature I seen of his.

#16702 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Is my new translite signed by Dirty Donny?[quoted image][quoted image]

Yup! I bought a METpro and it had the same silver marker signature!! U can only see it with the pin turned off tho which sucks but oh well!! Gentleman i bought mine from went to a book signing i believe and took it with him!!

#16703 4 years ago

Or maybe Danny Devito signed it?

Rob

#16704 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Or maybe Danny Devito signed it?
Rob

Dudley Do-right?

#16705 4 years ago

It's clearly Daredevil

#16706 4 years ago

I have mine signed as well. Looks about right

#16707 4 years ago

What is the latest revision and have songs become switchable between balls yet? That single thing has always been my biggest complaint. I don't want to play the same song throughout the entire game.

#16708 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

What is the latest revision and have songs become switchable between balls yet? That single thing has always been my biggest complaint. I don't want to play the same song throughout the entire game.

No.

#16709 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

If your doing any good on the game then you will be changing the music constantly between the the multiballs and crank it up modes. Choosing a single song isn’t a big deal for me because of this.

#16710 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Is my new translite signed by Dirty Donny?

I bought one of these too a few months back and thought the same thing. So I asked the seller about it and they said its a copy of his signature. So he signed one of them and then copies were made, which we bought.

#16711 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I bought one of these too a few months back and thought the same thing. So I asked the seller about it and they said its a copy of his signature. So he signed one of them and then copies were made, which we bought.

So someone is making illegal copies of the translites and selling them on eBay.

#16712 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

o someone is making illegal copies of the translites and selling them on eBay.

Well, I'm not saying that or accusing anyone but it does seem that way. However, they were honest when I asked the question. I don't know who else would make these translites like this.

#16713 4 years ago

Just so Im clear, Im not accusing anyone of selling fake goods. I bought mine from the Gameroom Guys on Ebay. I have bought many things from them and they have always been great. Here is their response to my question on ebay. Also, the top signature is mine and the bottom is from RCA1 pic. Notice the signatures are close but different. Take it for what its worth. doesnt really bother me. The translite seems like Stern quality.
Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 10.11.33 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-09-11 at 10.11.33 PM (resized).pngIMG_2749 (resized).JPGIMG_2749 (resized).JPG

#16714 4 years ago

Looks the same as mine which I got in person at the Ottawa show last year... also got mine personalized as that’s my preference when getting autographs. It’s in my DIY backlit translite box above where my now sold MET used to sit.

2905F0AD-0501-43A0-BA96-25707AD54169 (resized).jpeg2905F0AD-0501-43A0-BA96-25707AD54169 (resized).jpeg6C64922E-247F-47D9-9FD4-5F66DE05ADED (resized).jpeg6C64922E-247F-47D9-9FD4-5F66DE05ADED (resized).jpeg
#16715 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I bought mine for the Gameroom Guys on Ebay.

Same here. I like the idea of an original signature better, but it was not listed that way and would have been a surprise.
Oh well, it's cool either way.

#16716 4 years ago

Mine is direct from Stern. Looks the same. Anything is better than Lyman's signature. That man is a legend but he signs his name like hes signing a grade 8 year book lol.
Off topic here but I own a pro and I also have the monsters translite. The pro translite is much thicker and stronger than the monsters. Anyone else notice this?

20190912_083321 (resized).jpg20190912_083321 (resized).jpg20190912_083330 (resized).jpg20190912_083330 (resized).jpg
#16717 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Looks the same as mine which I got in person at the Ottawa show last year... also got mine personalized as that’s my preference when getting autographs. It’s in my DIY backlit translite box above where my now sold MET used to sit.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yours makes all of ours look fake lol. It's totally different than all the other ones. I'm likely going to the Ottawa show next weekend. I'll have to get him to sign something else.

#16718 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Anything is better than Lyman's signature. That man is a legend but he signs his name like hes signing a grade 8 year book lol.

I like Lyman's.... I can actually read it.

#16719 4 years ago

I ordered a set of cliffys over a month ago and have not yet seen them. He told me at the time he was backed up, so I wont sit here acting like I wasnt warned. That said I sent an email a couple days ago asking for an update with no response. Just curious if this is normal for those who have ordered directly from him.

#16720 4 years ago

I have had the same experience, they will eventually get there, but may take a long time. Worth the wait, but not good for impatient people such as myself.

Quoted from jandrea95:

I ordered a set of cliffys over a month ago and have not yet seen them. He told me at the time he was backed up, so I wont sit here acting like I wasnt warned. That said I sent an email a couple days ago asking for an update with no response. Just curious if this is normal for those who have ordered directly from him.

#16721 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I have been waiting for a couple months and sent an email for a update. No response either. He is usually good at responding within a day or two so he must really be backed up

#16722 4 years ago

Generally cliffy will give me a bit of an indication on the wait before I order. That way it's up to me whether the buy or not. I can't see a problem with that. Patience and eventually you'll get them or maybe ask for a refund. I'm sure he'd ablidge if you can't wait.

#16723 4 years ago

The translight quality is good so they are probably not copies, and none of the signatures are 'exactly' the same. Heidi said it was a printed signature, but they would be identical if that were true.

I bet that DD signed a bunch at Stern. Maybe they were planning to use those in a vault or ship with the last 50 produced, like Borg signed, or maybe they were signed to be shipped to Stern Army members to use for prizes, etc.

#16724 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I can vouch for Cliff. Cliffy is a friend of mine and a great person. He is also a one man operation. So if he's not answering emails, he's making product, if he's answering emails, then he's not making product...you get the picture. He is also trying to design product for new games. Don't take it personal if you haven't heard from him in awhile. He will ship your product. Hopefully sooner than later.

#16725 4 years ago
15684089715109170470619334034077 (resized).jpg15684089715109170470619334034077 (resized).jpg
#16726 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I can vouch for Cliff. Cliffy is a friend of mine and a great person. He is also a one man operation. So if he's not answering emails, he's making product, if he's answering emails, then he's not making product...you get the picture. He is also trying to design product for new games. Don't take it personal if you haven't heard from him in awhile. He will ship your product. Hopefully sooner than later.

100 percent understood !! I’ve heard absolutely nothing but great things. Just making sure that could be the case since I’m still new to all this.

#16727 4 years ago

Hi!
Lucky owner of a premium 2015-16
I have problems with GI? (Slings, backboard, apron) some games it’s flashing like crazy. Strobe light.
Does anyone know what to do?

#16728 4 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Hi!
I have problems with GI? (Slings, backboard, apron) some games it’s flashing like crazy. Strobe light.

Yep. Follow the cable under the playfield(up near the back) that looks like a phone line. Reset the connector. Bam! Strobing gone.

#16729 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yep. Follow the cable under the playfield(up near the back) that looks like a phone line. Reset the connector. Bam! Strobing gone.

Ok will have a look.
I tried to power off and on the game but still bad.
Is this a network cable? Any idea why it happens

#16730 4 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Ok will have a look.
I tried to power off and on the game but still bad.
Is this a network cable? Any idea why it happens

Yes, it's a network cable, I think it just happens due to vibration.

#16731 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yes, it's a network cable, I think it just happens due to vibration.

Ahh! Thanks!
Will check tomorrow

#16732 4 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Hi!

Quoted from yzfguy:

More likely this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-lights-strobing-continuously

The power connector to the light controller board needs replacing.

Rob

#16733 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

More likely this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-lights-strobing-continuously
The power connector to the light controller board needs replacing.

Rob

Not sure how likely either is. I've seen two games strobe and a wiggle of the wire solved the problem.

#16734 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Not sure how likely either is. I've seen two games strobe and a wiggle of the wire solved the problem.

The power connector is a known failure point. If it's discolored even a little bit, it should be replaced. It happened on my game too.

Rob

#16735 4 years ago

Yup, common fault on Metallica.

#16736 4 years ago

With regards to this network cable
1. Can you hot glue the connection point to the socket or is this a waste of time.
2. Is this a standard cable you buy from computer stores etc? If so what is it called?

Thank you

#16737 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Yup, common fault on Metallica.

I hope this is the right size. Trifuron pins should be used when the connector is replaced. It's what I used.

https://www.pinballlife.com/156-trifurcon-crimp-terminals.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/156-396mm-crimp-stuff-3-position-housing-with-locking-ramp-17575.html

Rob

#16738 4 years ago

Im not sure that either power cable or network is the problem. On my game I doesn’t help but if I disconnect the RED GI from the board it stops! (cN20)
I will check soldering to se if it helps.

#16739 4 years ago

I viewed the video and just checked my game as has strobing and noticed while removing power cable that the header pins were loose. I resoldered and all good. But I'm unsure if that solved the issue or merely reseating the connections did.

#16740 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I viewed the video and just checked my game as has strobing and noticed while removing power cable that the header pins were loose. I resoldered and all good. But I'm unsure if that solved the issue or merely reseating the connections did.

Did you remove the connectors and solder the cable to the pins?
I tried to reset my game with power connector and network but still strobe.
If I remove Red GI it stops and starts with reconnect

#16741 4 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Is the power connector discolored at all? It could be you are just reducing load on a bad connection.

Rob

#16742 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

If the power connector is discolored at all, replace it. The loose header pins can be a sign it got hot enough to melt the solder off the pads.

Rob

#16743 4 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Removed plugs and pcb and soldered the power cable header pins on the pcb. My power plug may show the slightest yellow but so slight it's hard to tell even with a light on it. So will keep an eye on this and if strobing returns

#16744 4 years ago

a cold solder joint on the male connector (backside of the board) is a probable cause to why the connector is discolored (overheated) in the first place.

the proper fix for this is:
- remove the board and reflow the male (pins) connector on the board. replace the board side connector if the pins look worn or pitted from overvoltage
- replace the connector on the wiring harness leading to that connector. terminate the wires using trifurcon pins in a [new] connector to provide 3-points of contact to the male (pin) side of the connection

#16745 4 years ago

Hi everyone! I just bought a NIB Metallica Premium that must be one of the last Premiums ever made (I bought it from a distributor who has a few left). While I wait on it to be shipped I am picking up some necessary extras, I am ordering some cliffy's but I am wondering if I should buy the magnet protectors? A search of this thread revealed that 3-5 years ago the metal ones were curling and loosening, then some people went with mylar circles that they have to replace as needed, then cliffy comes out with a carbon fiber protector that does not curl but some say is too thick, then later posts suggest that mylar was factory applied over the magnets on later-built machines. So what is the consensus? Should I go cliffy, mylar, or not worry about it?

Thanks for the help! This game has been my grail game and I cannot wait to start playing it!

#16746 4 years ago

Hey guys. My left flipper doest retract properly after a game or two. It will flip then lazily creep back down. Just a simple coil swap? I've never had to swap one yet.

#16747 4 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

So what is the consensus? Should I go cliffy, mylar, or not worry about it?

I went mylar and haven't had any issues in a home-use only environment. I think I've got over 1,000 games on my machine now

#16748 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Hey guys. My left flipper doest retract properly after a game or two. It will flip then lazily creep back down. Just a simple coil swap? I've never had to swap one yet.

Probably not the coil itself. More likely the coil sleeve or the bushing.
Rebuild the flippers and that should fix any likely issue.

https://www.pinballlife.com/new-style-flipper-rebuild-kit-left-and-right-flippers-for-sternsega.html

#16749 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The flipper plunger rod is probably mushroomed on the edge. Do a flipper rebuild to fix. How many games played on your game? Also. If you have young kids who flip a thousand times per ball will wear this rod out quickly too

#16750 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Also. If you have young kids who flip a thousand times per ball will wear this rod out quickly too

Or Wife/Girlfriend

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
7,600 (OBO)
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 149.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/335?hl=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.