711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 334 of 433.
#16651 4 years ago

Is there any way to have the "Electric chaiiiir" audio quote (Hetfield's voice only)? I'd love it as a text message alert sound on my cellphone.

#16652 4 years ago
Quoted from ShootAgainDave:

Is there any way to have the "Electric chaiiiir" audio quote (Hetfield's voice only)? I'd love it as a text message alert sound on my cellphone.

Maybe trigger it with glass off and record it on your phone?

#16653 4 years ago

Others would be able to chime in better, as I have not tried the program yet, but shouldn't you be able to pull it off with Pinbrowser?

#16654 4 years ago

Whats everyones thoughts on Pingraffixx powerblades vs creeping death lighting effects bars with pinblades? Plus or minus to each? Thanks for everyones recommendations so far!

#16655 4 years ago

PM sent

#16656 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

As jedi42 mentioned, it can be pulled in Pinball Browser.

#16657 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Whats everyones thoughts on Pingraffixx powerblades vs creeping death lighting effects bars with pinblades? Plus or minus to each? Thanks for everyones recommendations so far!

I went through 3 power blades modules that all interfered with Sparky before giving up and and using them as normal art blades.

#16658 4 years ago

I tried it but it records too many sounds + music. I want Hetfield's voice only. But thanks!

Quoted from yzfguy:

#16659 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I went through 3 power blades modules that all interfered with Sparky before giving up and and using them as normal art blades.

Thats crazy,I was wondering how long they would last? Pretty expensive if they are unreliable.

#16660 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Thats crazy,I was wondering how long they would last? Pretty expensive if they are unreliable.

They are not unreliable. If I remember correctly, there were a few individual games that have this interference for some unknown reason. It's the rare exception, and on almost every game these blades work great and hold up. I've had them on my AFM for several years.

#16661 4 years ago

Was reading the thread about adding spinners to the Pro model, but nothing has been posted for a while. Is this still a good mod, or have code updates changed whether people tend to do this or not? Thoughts?

#16662 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

No problem for me. Powerbladez works perfectly on my premium. And it is amazing !

#16663 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

went through 3 power blades modules that all interfered with Sparky before giving up and and using them as normal art blades.

I found there was interference with Sparkys helmet mod using the el convertor and the Pinbladez. Disconnect the helmet mod and no more issues. Pinblades are okay, but I would not do them again

#16664 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

They are not unreliable. If I remember correctly, there were a few individual games that have this interference for some unknown reason. It's the rare exception, and on almost every game these blades work great and hold up. I've had them on my AFM for several years.

Metallica has had the most cases of interferance. It messes with the optos. I dont believe afm has optos if memory serves.

#16665 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Metallica has had the most cases of interferance. It messes with the optos. I dont believe afm has optos if memory serves.

That may be so, but that wouldn't make them "unreliable" in any way.

#16666 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That may be so, but that wouldn't make them "unreliable" in any way.

I didn't call them unreliable, I said they interfered. That being said, if a product cannot perform its intended task, wouldnt that be considered unreliable? 5months, 3 units and only a partial refund. I recommend pingraffix to anyone but I cant support power blades based on what I've seen personally.

#16667 4 years ago

I didnt know about interferences, the lightning flashers look pretty cool and cheaper. I can see the UV enhancing other things on the playfield? I've not seen either in person.

#16668 4 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Hi All !! Just finished installing the Pin Woofer Super Kit System In my Metallica pro and it is unbelievable ! Honestly there is nothing that compares to this system as far as clarity of sound and Bass. Iv'e tried other systems and Pin Woofer is the way to go. For a music Pin like Metallica thats suppose to be played loud... thats exactly what the Pin Woofer Super Kit has to offer ! Dan is always available and willing to answer any questions you may have.... Pin Woofer Rocks !![quoted image]

So this would be a better choice than going with a Polk PSW10 sub??

#16669 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

10000% yes! Love my PinWoofer additions to my music pins!! A must have!

#16670 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I have not heard the PinWoofer sub, but I love my PSW10, and you can connect two pins at once. Also, if you decide to sell the machine, you don't have to pull the woofer out of your pin.

#16671 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

I have not heard the PinWoofer sub, but I love my PSW10, and you can connect two pins at once. Also, if you decide to sell the machine, you don't have to pull the woofer out of your pin.

We offer backbox speaker and amplifier upgrades as well. Lots of guys with external subs go this route to improve the backbox fidelity and to keep up with the external sub. The backbox kits can run loud with greater clarity, if that's your thing. It is definitely mine.

There are guys across the spectrum. Some run internal subs, some run the super kit and some run what I described above. I've got guys running both internal and external subs too. Loads of fun!

https://PinWoofer.com

#16672 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Same here. I'm sure pinwoofer sounds great but hard to beat the simplicity and cost of the psw10.

#16673 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Same here. I'm sure pinwoofer sounds great but hard to beat the simplicity and cost of the psw10.

I agree. A set of head speakers that have a separate tweeter and a Polk Audio PSW10 are a winning combination in my book. What I love about an external subwoofer is the lack of cabinet rattling. It's really nice to hear bass as it's meant to be heard and not stuff rattling along with it.

These are decent head speakers for a pinball machine... and they are cheap when bought direct.
https://www.parts-express.com/pyle-pl42bl-blue-label-4-coaxial-speaker-pair--267-078

And if you don't want to go with an external powered subwoofer then this is decent and cheap too...
https://www.parts-express.com/pyle-plpw8d-power-8-800-watt-dvc-subwoofer--267-7452

I guess the only other upgrade would be an amplifier. I've used this one a few times and it works great with +12v. It has bass and treble control and also has a built in crossover. 50w x 2 for the head speakers and 100w x 1 for the cabinet woofer. Class-D is nice too since it doesn't draw much current(if current draw is a worry, there are 12v power supplies that can be had on eBay for ~$10).
https://ebay.us/ZlLGJb

If you only want to power the 8" subwoofer then this amplifier will do fine... and it's cheap!
https://www.parts-express.com/tpa3116d2-2x50w-class-d-stereo-amplifier-board-with-volume-control--320-699

And to get a good signal into the amplifier I would definitely grab a PINsub adapter. It's a quality product and will get you line-level outputs to feed the amplifier.
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=26

A cheaper alternative to get a line-level signal is something like this...
https://www.parts-express.com/boss-b65n-speaker-level-to-line-level-output-converter--265-4040
But I've read people get DOA adapters that need to be exchanged once in a while. It'll work, but honestly it's just ugly in my book.

#16674 4 years ago

Greetings,

I'm definitely not knocking the external solution, in fact it is a great option and I've got scores of guys running them in conjunction with PinWoofer backbox kits. Rather, I'm simply offering combinations that have distinct advantages. One advantage you get with the PinWoofer sub is full integration. No external wiring and sub to manage is appealing to a lot of guys. The "feel" of the bass in your hands adds to the experience of game play and emphasizes the bass reproduction. You'll get far greater clarity and intensity in the backbox as well.

For the PinWoofer integrated sub you will want to tape the glass. This is vital to eliminating rattle during high intensity hits. It is simple and cheap to add with the Tekman tape. The result is an enormous resonance cavity (being the pin cabinet) that can reproduce excellent bass (size is everything in bass reproduction). Adding tape can nearly eliminate rattle. It is a matter of closing off the gaps between the glass and the channel.

Some of these parts are available in the marketplace, this has been touched on before (search for "PinWoofer"). Our customers buy from us because everything shows up ready to install in about an hour. Everything is tested and works together and the hardware set is complete. We have a large install base and high reliability. You can save a few bucks if you are a DIY'er but that's going to be at the expense of hours of work to get everything together and end up with a working and finished / polished product. And if it does not work or sounds terrible, you are unfortunately on your own (Amazon / Parts Express do not offer pinball audio support). With PinWoofer you get technical support; I offer to work with every customer to the degree they need my assistance. To be clear, you get an electrical engineer with 25 years of experience at your disposal. I've made many friends along the way and they have learned a lot about pinball audio with satisfaction.

You also get all of the CNC cut pieces, spacers and interposers; the marketplace does not offer them. These are sometimes dismissed but I assure you, they are vital components to achieve turnkey installation and optimum sound reproduction.

The last thing I'll mention are the casualties. I've had a number of guys reach out to me with damaged sound boards after they attempted to do this themselves. Going the DIY route with little or no electronics and wiring experience is a risk, and I get more than a little concerned at times. With PinWoofer kits you won't damage your expensive boards. I've literally sent guys to Harbor Freight with a shopping list (cutters, strippers, multi-meter, etc.) and have helped them get installed and rocking. In other words, not everyone is immediately capable of adding all of this aftermarket stuff and being successful at it. If you are not certain what you are doing, why risk your boards to save $50 and spend an entire day or two getting to that state. We make it easy.

There are lots of ways to go and I love this conversation. Everyone is going to have their opinions and preferences, and I certainly respect yours.

Thanks
https://PinWoofer.com

#16675 4 years ago

My experience in trying all other pinball speaker companies, home-grown systems, external subs and Pinwoofer is PinWoofer gives the best all around sound experience in a Pin. The others are too bassy/cabinet driven which muddy's down the sound. PinWoofer can push the backbox sound and keep the sub thumpin'.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16676 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Greetings,
I'm definitely not knocking the external solution, in fact it is a great option and I've got scores of guys running them in conjunction with PinWoofer backbox kits. Rather, I'm simply offering combinations that have distinct advantages. One advantage you get with the PinWoofer sub is full integration. No external wiring and sub to manage is appealing to a lot of guys. The "feel" of the bass in your hands adds to the experience of game play and emphasizes the bass reproduction. You'll get far greater clarity and intensity in the backbox as well.
My position is that cost, which is not much more really, needs to be weighed against other risk factors and benefits which I'll touch on below. (It always amazes me that some worry about saving $50 on a $7000 pin, and are willing to chase that $50 at the expense of burning a day or two in effort to get there!)
For the PinWoofer integrated sub you will want to tape the glass. This is vital to eliminating rattle during high intensity hits. It is simple and cheap to add with the tekman tape. The result is an enormous resonance cavity (being the pin cabinet) that can reproduce excellent bass (size is everything in bass reproduction). Adding tape can nearly eliminate rattle. It is a matter of closing off the gaps between the glass and the channel.
Some of these parts are available in the marketplace, this has been touched on before (search for "PinWoofer"). Our customers buy from us because everything shows up ready to install in about an hour. Everything is tested and works together and the hardware set is complete. We have a large install base and high reliability. You can save a few bucks if you are a DIY'er but that's going to be at the expense of hours of work to get everything together and end up with a working and finished / polished product. And if it does not work or sounds terrible, you are unfortunately on your own (Amazon / Parts Express do not offer pinball audio support). With PinWoofer you get technical support; I offer to work with every customer to the degree they need my assistance. To be clear, you get an electrical engineer with 25 years of experience at your disposal. I've made many friends along the way and they have learned a lot about pinball audio with satisfaction.
You also get all of the CNC cut pieces, spacers and interposers; the marketplace does not offer them. These are sometimes dismissed but I assure you, they are vital components to achieve turnkey installation and optimum sound reproduction.
The last thing I'll mention are the casualties. I've had a number of guys reach out to me with damaged sound boards after they attempted to do this themselves. Going the DIY route with little or no electronics and wiring experience is a risk, and I get more than a little concerned at times. With PinWoofer kits you won't damage your expensive boards. I've literally sent guys to Harbor Freight with a shopping list (cutters, strippers, multi-meter, etc.) and have helped them get installed and rocking. In other words, not everyone is immediately capable of adding all of this aftermarket stuff and being successful at it. If you are not certain what you are doing, why risk your boards to save $50 and spend an entire day or two getting to that state. We make it easy.
There are lots of ways to go and I love this conversation. Everyone is going to have their opinions and preferences, and I certainly respect yours.
Thanks

I'm not knocking your product but why are you acting like the an external set up is labour intensive? All my pins have a pinnovators board ($50 cdn) and a Polk psw10 ($100 cdn). It takes me about 5min to hook up.
Your kit sound like it is great (havent seen one first hand) but the external set up isnt complicated or expensive as you seem to be implying. I did look into a flipper fidelity set up a couple years back but on top of it being more than twice the cost, there would have been exhorbanant shipping fees to get it to Ontario.

#16677 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm not knocking your product but why are you acting like the an external set up is labour intensive? All my pins have a pinnovators board ($50 cdn) and a Polk psw10 ($100 cdn). It takes me about 5min to hook up.
Your kit sound like it is great (havent seen one first hand) but the external set up isnt complicated or expensive as you seem to be implying. I did look into a flipper fidelity set up a couple years back but on top of it being more than twice the cost, there would have been exhorbanant shipping fees to get it to Ontario.

Greetings, my comments for labor intensity were directed towards DIY adding amps versus the PinWoofer kits, and not towards the external sub. I agree the external sub is fast and easy. I'll clarify my post. Thanks for pointing that out.

#16678 4 years ago

I have the Pinwoofer backbox kit with and external sub... Dan has been Exceptional with his constant contact, not only through the install process, but also after the install just to double check customer satisfaction and to see if there are any questions or concerns.

#16679 4 years ago

Metallica vault question. If and when Stern comes out with a vault edition , would it be made in the Pro , Premium ,and LE models? And if so, would it still be made with the SAM system?
Also,is there any chance that a vault edition could be coming out in a year or two ?
Thanks in advance .
Ralph

#16680 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Metallica vault question. If and when Stern comes out with a vault edition , would it be made in the Pro , Premium ,and LE models? And if so, would it still be made with the SAM system?
Also,is there any chance that a vault edition could be coming out in a year or two ?
Thanks in advance .
Ralph

Kill em All art rework on any version will be a welcome addition!

#16681 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Thanks in advance .
Ralph

Not likely on a game with a 5+ yr run that just ended a few months back. You can still find new at some distributors.

#16682 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Not likely on a game with a 5+ yr run that just ended a few months back. You can still find new at some distributors.

Were any Premium LE' made in this last batch? I contacted a couple of distributors,but no one had any Premium LE in stock. If I can't find a HUO machine,I might consider a NIB. But Id rather pick up a HUO game that has most of the bugs fixed. Can you recommend a distribtor I could contact?
Thanks
Ralph

#16683 4 years ago

LE stands for limited edition so they only do the initial release numbers. Pro and Premium were made until recently. I'm not the person to recommend a distributor to you as I'm in Canada

#16684 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Were any Premium LE' made in this last batch? I contacted a couple of distributors,but no one had any Premium LE in stock. If I can't find a HUO machine,I might consider a NIB. But Id rather pick up a HUO game that has most of the bugs fixed. Can you recommend a distribtor I could contact?
Thanks
Ralph

I picked up a NIB Met Premium a couple of months ago from Trent at Tilt Amusements in Ohio. It may be a long shot, but you could check to see if he has another one.

#16685 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I picked up a NIB Met Premium a couple of months ago from Trent at Tilt Amusements in Ohio. It may be a long shot, but you could check to see if he has another one.

Thanks

#16686 4 years ago

METLEs sold out in record time..

#16687 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Thanks in advance .
Ralph

I always thought vault editions were devised to get rid of the excess stock of components like playfields etc. I think Metallica sold well for many years so there'd be little excess stock. I doubt seeing any vault for this anytime soon if at all. The walking dead a different story but not for a couple of years. Tron I think next. But your guess is as good as mine really

#16688 4 years ago

I had the wierdest thing happen last night. The sound completely cut out, but the game continued to play normally. I reset the game and all is well. First time that has happe ed since i bought it nib in 2014 .

#16689 4 years ago

I'd like to pick up a Metallica Premium in the near future.
One big problem,I have"Ophidiophobia" fear of Snake's. Is there any mods where I can replace the snake,with a little puppy?

Thanks in advance

#16690 4 years ago

I remember a buddy in school was so afraid if u said "sssssssnake" he'd frikkin leap outta his chair! .poor guy! We pro'lly did say that more times than necessary

#16691 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

One big problem,I have"Ophidiophobia" fear of Snake's. Is there any mods where I can replace the snake,with a little puppy?
Thanks in advance

I don't think that will do it for you. there are numerous snake animations (including the end game match sequence) that display on the dmd as well

#16692 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Thanks in advance

Without fangs, it looks more like a turtle!! Seriously...

#16693 4 years ago

Does anyone have the plastic piece in the attached image; an extra by chance? This piece is right under the right ramp; just below the right pop bumper. I'd rather not pay $189 for the entire plastics on Marco set but obviously would pay for this piece if someone has it. Would appreciate any feedback on somewhere else online that may have just this plastic piece. Thank you!

metplastic (resized).jpgmetplastic (resized).jpg
#16694 4 years ago

I have the whole set for sale, if I can get enough people that want specific plastics I would sell individually.

#16695 4 years ago
Quoted from woody6092:

Does anyone have the plastic piece in the attached image; an extra by chance? This piece is right under the right ramp; just below the right pop bumper. I'd rather not pay $189 for the entire plastics on Marco set but obviously would pay for this piece if someone has it. Would appreciate any feedback on somewhere else online that may have just this plastic piece. Thank you![quoted image]

If you can't find one......
I can remove mine and trace it, cut out a clear one. Scan the one from game and print it out and glue it to the clear acrylic. Or I can do one in transparent blue or florescent green, orange. That's what I did on my GoTLE better than nothing.

#16696 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

If you can't find one......
I can remove mine and trace it, cut out a clear one. Scan the one from game and print it out and glue it to the clear acrylic. Or I can do one in transparent blue or florescent green, orange. That's what I did on my GoTLE better than nothing.

I would appreciate that! I'll pay; it's not a big visual. Also noticed that it was missing a rubber for it - that doesn't help matters.

#16697 4 years ago

Thought I would share the cards I made for Metallica. I wanted to use art from Pushead, this was the artist they used for many designs in the late 80's. Enjoy!

MET Cards.pdfMET Cards.pdf
#16698 4 years ago
Quoted from woody6092:

Does anyone have the plastic piece in the attached image; an extra by chance? This piece is right under the right ramp; just below the right pop bumper. I'd rather not pay $189 for the entire plastics on Marco set but obviously would pay for this piece if someone has it. Would appreciate any feedback on somewhere else online that may have just this plastic piece. Thank you![quoted image]

I cut it by hand. Test fix on my Metallica. I want a laser cuter so bad.
You can hardly see it anyway. Play it forward.

20190910_130009 (resized).jpg20190910_130009 (resized).jpg
#16699 4 years ago
Quoted from cireone:

Thought I would share the cards I made for Metallica. I wanted to use art from Pushead, this was the artist they used for many designs in the late 80's. Enjoy![quoted image]

Thanks for sharing. Looks good.

#16700 4 years ago

I picked up a Monsters Premium translite on Ebay, from a pinball retailer.
Saw this when I got it. Looks like silver sharpie.
Is my new translite signed by Dirty Donny?

20190910_122614_resized (resized).jpg20190910_122614_resized (resized).jpg20190910_122715_resized (resized).jpg20190910_122715_resized (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
There are 21,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 334 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/334?hl=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.