met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 433.
#16501 4 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I've got a very nice original run pro on the marketplace right now: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-huo-metallica-pro-original-run-wood-backbox
I had a ColorDMD in there for a while and can confirm it fits fine without any issue. I don't have anything to compare it to but the colors are indeed vibrant and I have not noticed any ghosting or chipping issues (though it does have cliffy protectors everywhere).
For some reason I was under the impression the ProLEDs had SMD boards instead of sockets.

All the inserts and GI on the Pro LEDs are sockets.

Quoted from jawjaw:

Colordmd LCD panels fit better in wood backbox models. Also heard that playfields in older models had more vibrant colors but not sure about that. I forget the dates, but there was a run that had a playfield issues of ghosting inserts and chipping clearcoat. I got my pro around that time and had a few ghosting inserts but clearcoat fine. There are also issues with decals peeling off backbox on the metal versions.
Mechanically, both versions are exactly the same as far as I know. Both use SAM boards and play exactly the same. LED version still used traditional lamp sockets and regular 2smd bulbs.

The playfields that had problems were reported in the early spring of '15. My game was made in May of '15 and has no ghosting or decal issues. There was a lot of discussion in this thread about it during those few months.

#16502 4 years ago

Editing my ad to sound like less of an idiot now

#16503 4 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Editing my ad to sound like less of an idiot now

Wow! May 8, 2013 build date is very early! PAGG had a pro at the show on May 10, but owners didn't report receiving the game in the US until the following week, according to this thread.

#16504 4 years ago

Thinking i need some playfield protectors under the ramp dropouts. Looking for sometning better than Mylar. Thanks in advance!! Love this game!!

#16505 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thinking i need some playfield protectors under the ramp dropouts. Looking for sometning better than Mylar. Thanks in advance!! Love this game!!

Get a couple in lane protectors from cliffy. Install is as easy as it gets and they work great.

#16506 4 years ago

I got ball hangups from the cliffy on the left ramp drop, but mylar seems to work fine.

#16507 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

That turned out awesome! Glad you made good use of the parts. I am finally progressing on my standalone Pro rising cross mod as well. Although, it isn't nearly as shiny My first prototype is now functional for both the mechanical and the controlling circuitry. Next step is to move the circuit off the breadboard and get make up some PCBs. I'll start a new thread with some videos when the next rev is done.[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great Rob, look forward to seeing how yours turns out!

#16508 4 years ago

Not pinball related but Metallica related.
Last week my son, girlfriend and I went to see Metallica in Gothenburg together with 64000 other people.
It was epic!

IMG_4608 (resized).JPGIMG_4608 (resized).JPGIMG_4613 (resized).JPGIMG_4613 (resized).JPG
#16510 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've had this issue too. the [buzz] is caused by the flipper coil moving. what I did to eliminate the issue on my machine was to take out the screws on the coil stops and the leading brackets (highlighted in green), add some lock-tite 242 (blue) to the threads and then re-assemble everything. you'll want to make sure that their is no "slop" between the coil stop, coil and the leading bracket. there is a small, metal spring washer at the top end of the coil (between the coil and that bracket, shown highlighted in purple). if there is any slack, this will vibrate and cause the [buzzing]
[quoted image]

the wire on these switches can be pushed to one side or the other without depressing the switch. check to see if there is any side-to-side movement that would allow the ball to rest without triggering the switch itself.
I've gone in with a pair of small needle nosed pliers and slightly crimped the "ears" on either side of the switch housing to eliminate/reduce this side-to-side movement so that the ball has to depress and actuate the switch

I made some neoprene washers and it stopped the noise on my machine. I had to buy 500 of them as a minimum order, so I have extra. You can see the video of my fix here. In the future, I'll get thicker ones made.
https://www.pinballchaos.com/buzzkill

#16511 4 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Gothenburg

I love that city in Sweden! They have a fantastic half marathon that I have run in 3 times!

#16512 4 years ago

Just finished up installing the pinwoofer super kit in my MOPLE. This is the second kit I have purchased, first one was for AC/DC. All I can say is wow, so crisp and clear now. Hearing sounds I never heard before, just like what happened with AC/DC. The only difference this time was I actually had aftermarket pinball speakers in Metallica to begin with, along with a powered external sub. I removed all of that and installed the complete kit. So frigging happy, it is almost like having a new game to play again.

#16513 4 years ago

Joined the club today with a NIB Premium Monster that I managed to snag.
Holy shot-rocks this Pin is smoking.
My favourite so far can’t wait to get my mods

6B0F5A65-E6C4-4CB3-BD95-2997A68C8934 (resized).jpeg6B0F5A65-E6C4-4CB3-BD95-2997A68C8934 (resized).jpeg
#16514 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Just finished up installing the pinwoofer super kit in my MOPLE. This is the second kit I have purchased, first one was for AC/DC. All I can say is wow, so crisp and clear now. Hearing sounds I never heard before, just like what happened with AC/DC. The only difference this time was I actually had aftermarket pinball speakers in Metallica to begin with, along with a powered external sub. I removed all of that and installed the complete kit. So frigging happy, it is almost like having a new game to play again.

Success! Our sincere thanks @kawydud

Here is the super kit for MET:

https://pinwoofer.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fpinwoofer-powered-super-kit

Choose "Stern - SAM" as the "PLATFORM AND DUAL AMP POWER HARNESS" option.

1 week later
#16515 4 years ago

Just joined the club!

Picked up a MET prem a few weeks ago.

What a great playing pin!

Modding time!

0EDA43C8-82E9-4D94-BCCD-3CC561209234 (resized).jpeg0EDA43C8-82E9-4D94-BCCD-3CC561209234 (resized).jpeg36FE6526-7C83-4827-A7C5-14074EEAACC9 (resized).jpeg36FE6526-7C83-4827-A7C5-14074EEAACC9 (resized).jpeg41EC1031-8C4E-4590-9272-8A3DD885AC03 (resized).jpeg41EC1031-8C4E-4590-9272-8A3DD885AC03 (resized).jpeg61FA0914-148A-4F47-9754-EBF183685A4C (resized).jpeg61FA0914-148A-4F47-9754-EBF183685A4C (resized).jpeg
#16516 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Just joined the club!
Modding time![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not sure about the headless snake, but the clear hammer is certainly interesting!

#16517 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Not sure about the headless snake, but the clear hammer is certainly interesting!

The mod choice for the entire playfield is, interesting!

Have fun!!!

#16518 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Snake head is under construction. Adding Red Led eyes.

#16519 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Joined the club today with a NIB Premium Monster that I managed to snag.
Holy shot-rocks this Pin is smoking.
My favourite so far can’t wait to get my mods[quoted image]

Your coffee table is the tits!

#16520 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Just joined the club!
Modding time![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

One of the reasons I prefer the METALLICA pro over premium is because I always though the hammer was blocking too much of the playfield so this CLEAR hammer is a great idea! Is that why you did that as well?

#16521 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

One of the reasons I prefer the METALLICA pro over premium is because I always though the hammer was blocking too much of the playfield so this CLEAR hammer is a great idea! Is that why you did that as well?

I see this statement a lot, but I just don't get it... What exactly is it blocking? I have a Premium and don't feel like I'm missing a view of anything. Is it just bad for people under 6' tall or something?

#16522 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I see this statement a lot, but I just don't get it... What exactly is it blocking? I have a Premium and don't feel like I'm missing a view of anything. Is it just bad for people under 6' tall or something?

No. Doesnt block anything. When I play a Met pro, it just doesn't seem right without the hammer. Different strokes I guess.

#16523 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The hammer is one of the coolest features of the game imo. It doesn't block my view of anything. I think that's just something people use to help rationalize picking up a pro.

#16524 4 years ago

Hammer has never got in my way and I'm 5' 7".

Btw not as spectacular as the clear hammer but I made a met logo where people put the belt buckle mod. I think it came up ok. 3d print, airbrush color, acrylic mounting
IMG20190725000440 (resized).jpgIMG20190725000440 (resized).jpgIMG20190725001145 (resized).jpgIMG20190725001145 (resized).jpg

#16525 4 years ago

The hammer does make it harder to see the coffin target and is a large item floating out in the middle of the playfield. True it does not really block a shot but just distracting imo. Guess you get used to it. I would love to have a premium but feel like pro better value. Only thing I really miss on the pro is spinners. So stupid Stern made spinners a premium feature.

#16526 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

The hammer does make it harder to see the coffin target and is a large item floating out in the middle of the playfield. True it does not really block a shot but just distracting imo. Guess you get used to it. I would love to have a premium but feel like pro better value. Only thing I really miss on the pro is spinners. So stupid Stern made spinners a premium feature.

Great thing with Metallica is both pro and premium are fun to play and although I own a premium, I don't feel let down when playing a pro

#16527 4 years ago

Hey guys I very recently joined the club. Couldnt be happier . I hope this isnt a question that gets asked a million times over as I am new to pinball (this was my first machine), but I am noticing a fair amount of "shavings" around some of the orbit, pop bumpers, etc. Nothing seems wrong, but i wanted to see if this is "normal" or not, and what I could do about it.

I understand this may be impossible to answer without more detail, and plan to post pics when I get home.

Thanks guys!

#16528 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I am noticing a fair amount of "shavings" around some of the orbit, pop bumpers, etc.

Maybe crumbs from the wax or the rubbers. I use a small paint brush to sweep away dust and debris between cleanings.

Welcome to the club!

#16529 4 years ago

Just reached End of the Line for the first time while on my lunch break today. I'm sure not a huge deal for most, but I was pumped.

#16530 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Just reached End of the Line for the first time while on my lunch break today. I'm sure not a huge deal for most, but I was pumped.Something like that always happens when you don't have a lot of time. That's a big deal to me. Congratulations

#16531 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Just reached End of the Line for the first time while on my lunch break today. I'm sure not a huge deal for most, but I was pumped.

That's what always happens when you don't have much time. Congratulations

#16532 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Hey guys I very recently joined the club. Couldnt be happier . I hope this isnt a question that gets asked a million times over as I am new to pinball (this was my first machine), but I am noticing a fair amount of "shavings" around some of the orbit, pop bumpers, etc. Nothing seems wrong, but i wanted to see if this is "normal" or not, and what I could do about it.
I understand this may be impossible to answer without more detail, and plan to post pics when I get home.
Thanks guys!

Check your pinballs for any pits also vacum the metal/shavings out, give it a good cleaning. inspect your topside of the playfield as well. Pinballs should be changed every few months.

#16533 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Check your pinballs for any pits also vacum the metal/shavings out, give it a good cleaning. inspect your topside of the playfield as well. Pinballs should be changed every few months.

much appreciated for the replies guys. in my case the game is less than a week old out of the box.

#16534 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

much appreciated for the replies guys. in my case the game is less than a week old out of the box.

Metal shavings? Wooden shavings? Black? White? Wood coloured?

#16535 4 years ago

First thing I do when getting a nib is inspect both the topside and back side of the playfield. I also toss sterns pinballs out as most are horseshit. Please take a pic of the “shavings” so we can guide you better.

#16536 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

First thing I do when getting a nib is inspect both the topside and back side of the playfield. I also toss sterns pinballs out as most are horseshit. Please take a pic of the “shavings” so we can guide you better.

Will do my man. Will report back, thanks again.

#16537 4 years ago

Hey all, just recently joined the club with a NIB Metallica Pro. This is my first pin, and it's even more fun having this thing than I thought -- it's a blast to play at will with the kids!

I do have one problem though -- the Fuel standup target hasn't worked since we got the machine, which appears to just be the switch itself since it does trip the diagnostic if I short across the switch. I should be able to get a replacement switch from the distributor we bought from, but I've gotta replace the thing myself. It looks like I can remove the old switch and put in a new one from below the playfield, which I'm hoping is true 'cause working from above will involve removing a lot of pieces to get to it.

Any advice for a newbie on replacing this switch? Being a first time pin owner this is all new to me.

#16538 4 years ago
Quoted from Bacondaddy:

Hey all, just recently joined the club with a NIB Metallica Pro. This is my first pin, and it's even more fun having this thing than I thought -- it's a blast to play at will with the kids!
I do have one problem though -- the Fuel standup target hasn't worked since we got the machine, which appears to just be the switch itself since it does trip the diagnostic if I short across the switch. I should be able to get a replacement switch from the distributor we bought from, but I've gotta replace the thing myself. It looks like I can remove the old switch and put in a new one from below the playfield, which I'm hoping is true 'cause working from above will involve removing a lot of pieces to get to it.
Any advice for a newbie on replacing this switch? Being a first time pin owner this is all new to me.

Check if the switch is stuck closed. Think that is a leaf switch but not sure. If so, you might just need to adjust it by bending the blades apart. Common problem. You will need to lift the playfield to check or replace the switch. If you have not done that, look for videos to help you get start. It's really easy. Just undo the pf latches by reaching in the coin door, then lift the playfield up and out. To slide back in, you will need to reach around the back of the playfield to lift it up as you slide it in. Always turn off power when working under the playfield.

#16539 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Check if the switch is stuck closed. Think that is a leaf switch but not sure. If so, you might just need to adjust it by bending the blades apart. Common problem. You will need to lift the playfield to check or replace the switch. If you have not done that, look for videos to help you get start. It's really easy. Just undo the pf latches by reaching in the coin door, then lift the playfield up and out. To slide back in, you will need to reach around the back of the playfield to lift it up as you slide it in. Always turn off power when working under the playfield.

Thanks jawjaw! I have been under the playfield looking for the problem (checking for loose wires, connections, etc.). I've also been using the switch diagnostic in the maintenance menus, which indicates the switch is open and does not register when I bounce a ball off the target. I also confirmed that if I short a wire across the lugs on the switch the diagnostic does indicate the expected switch close, which is why I'm thinking it's a problem with the switch itself (no downstream wiring problems for instance).

It does appear to be a leaf switch, so it's possible there's some problem with the contacts being bent. Maybe they're bent too far apart so they can't make contact? Regardless the next step seems to be pull the switch and look for problems like that, and possibly replace it. That's why I'm wondering how much of a mess it'll be removing and disconnecting the switch. Hopefully it's an entirely under the playfield operation so I don't have to remove stuff like the left ramp and the plastic over the fuel lane off the top.

#16540 4 years ago
Quoted from Bacondaddy:

Thanks jawjaw! I have been under the playfield looking for the problem (checking for loose wires, connections, etc.). I've also been using the switch diagnostic in the maintenance menus, which indicates the switch is open and does not register when I bounce a ball off the target. I also confirmed that if I short a wire across the lugs on the switch the diagnostic does indicate the expected switch close, which is why I'm thinking it's a problem with the switch itself (no downstream wiring problems for instance).
It does appear to be a leaf switch, so it's possible there's some problem with the contacts being bent. Maybe they're bent too far apart so they can't make contact? Regardless the next step seems to be pull the switch and look for problems like that, and possibly replace it. That's why I'm wondering how much of a mess it'll be removing and disconnecting the switch. Hopefully it's an entirely under the playfield operation so I don't have to remove stuff like the left ramp and the plastic over the fuel lane off the top.

There isn't much to fail on a leaf switch, should just need adjustment, should be accessible from the bottom side, may be a little tricky to get at with a leaf adjusting tool, but unscrew it and see if there is enough room in the hole in the playfield for the whole switch assembly to drop down then you can adjust while everything is still soldered together.

#16541 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Quoted from Roostking:

No. Doesnt block anything. When I play a Met pro, it just doesn't seem right without the hammer. Different strokes I guess.

I just got a TWD last week (it's awesome!). However one thing I've noticed is that the well walker bash toy actually DOES block part of the playfield - it's hard to see how many letters of "PRISON" are lit because of his arm. Kinda weird that people complain about the hammer but not the walker...

#16542 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

That's a big deal if you're in this thread!

Nothing higher to reach on this game, so congrats are in order!

First time I got it, I was super pumped too! Even though new code makes it more attainable, it's still no easy feat, especially with the Borg bounce into the left outlane!

#16543 4 years ago
Quoted from Bacondaddy:

Blades could be too far apart. It should be pretty obvious if switch contacts are touching when you press the target. Seriously doubt this switch is "bad". It either needs adjusting or maybe clean the contacts.

#16544 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

That's a big deal if you're in this thread!
Nothing higher to reach on this game, so congrats are in order!
First time I got it, I was super pumped too! Even though new code makes it more attainable, it's still no easy feat, especially with the Borg bounce into the left outlane!

Yeah, I just assume most here are better players then me.

#16545 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, I just assume most here are better players then me.

I have a problem, where I set out to try to get to EOTL, but once I start playing, I find hard to exit modes lol, I enjoy them too much.

#16546 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I have a problem, where I set out to try to get to EOTL, but once I start playing, I find hard to exit modes lol, I enjoy them too much.

It depends on what type of game I'm having. If I don't clear two CIU modes by the end of ball one, with extra balls, then I just try to set a high score on the next CIU.

#16547 4 years ago

Hi All !! Just finished installing the Pin Woofer Super Kit System In my Metallica pro and it is unbelievable ! Honestly there is nothing that compares to this system as far as clarity of sound and Bass. Iv'e tried other systems and Pin Woofer is the way to go. For a music Pin like Metallica thats suppose to be played loud... thats exactly what the Pin Woofer Super Kit has to offer ! Dan is always available and willing to answer any questions you may have.... Pin Woofer Rocks !!

thumbnail_IMG_5741 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_5741 (resized).jpg
#16548 4 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Hi All !! Just finished installing the PinWoofer Super Kit System In my Metallica pro and it is unbelievable ! Honestly there is nothing that compares to this system as far as clarity of sound and Bass. Iv'e tried other systems and PinWoofer is the way to go. For a music Pin like Metallica thats suppose to be played loud... thats exactly what the PinWoofer Super Kit has to offer ! Dan is always available and willing to answer any questions you may have.... PinWoofer Rocks !![quoted image]

Thrilled that you are happy your super kit BigalzPinz ! Here is the super kit link for MET:

https://pinwoofer.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fpinwoofer-powered-super-kit

Select "Stern - SAM / Whitestar" under "PLATFORM AND DUAL AMP POWER HARNESS".

Good times!

#16549 4 years ago

Does anyone have the part #s for the Sparky and rising cross magnets? Also, one of the white LEDs in the ball guide is broke. What part # replaces that?
Thanks in advance..

#16550 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Yep!

7FF36868-19D8-4C75-AA48-889760A8A04A (resized).jpeg7FF36868-19D8-4C75-AA48-889760A8A04A (resized).jpegC68634AB-728B-468B-B1F2-F405D53B553B (resized).jpegC68634AB-728B-468B-B1F2-F405D53B553B (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
There are 21,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/331?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.