C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 329 of 434.
#16401 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I would like to see pics of this along with production date. I'm not doubting you, but this is the first I've heard of this, and I've been actively involved in this thread since the announcement of the game. I would have thought it would have been brought up in the early discussions.

Past tense, owned. I’ll contact him and see if he has any pics from the underside.

Here’s the machine sale ad. Coffin inserts show no light bleed. They did not have the 3D printed mod. I saw the underside of the playfield when he owned it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/53342

#16402 4 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Past tense, owned. I’ll contact him and see if he has any pics from the underside.
Here’s the machine sale ad. Coffin inserts show no light bleed. They did not have the 3D printed mod. I saw the underside of the playfield when he owned it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/53342

The game you linked in his ad is a pro LED, which came out 16 months after original pros. You had said, "early wood backbox playfields," and "early original run." Is the ad not the game you're talking about?

Or are you saying early production pro LEDs had the cross inserts routed? So rectangles on original pros, premiums, and LEs, then early production pro LEDs switched to cross shape, then back to rectangular again?

I think either I'm confused by what you're saying, or you're confused with what he had.

#16403 4 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

No, this is true. Some playfields do have cross shaped openings below the inserts from the factory.
I qualified the statement with “some”
I have a friend that owned an early first run pro. The wood beneath the cross inserts is, in fact, routed out in the shape of a cross and not a rectangular opening.
It was not a mod to the opening below the playfield.
I speculate that the manufacture of playfields changed at a later date due to cost, throughput or technical reasons.

I'm calling BS until you show one picture. It never happened, sorry dude.

#16404 4 years ago

Is there any way to adjust the flipper power on this game or any other Stern games?

#16405 4 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Agreed, unless its some one off. The pro LED was after the first pros/ prem/LE. Why would they do the leaky insert, then this, then back to leaky insert.

#16406 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Appreciate the info. Pro was fun, other than hammer lock and raising graveyard cross- pro seems like the way to go. The Premium light show can be achieved from the interactive lighting mod, yes?

No, not completely. The mod cannot replace the RGB insert lighting. Also, don't forget about the (super) spinners and enhanced snake with mechanical opening/closing jaw.

Rob

#16407 4 years ago

Installed the GameBlades from Tilt Graphics into Metallica. When I was shopping around for art I couldn't find any images for them in game so I thought I would post a picture of it here in case anyone else was interested.

Met Gameblade (resized).JPGMet Gameblade (resized).JPG
#16408 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

No, not completely. The mod cannot replace the RGB insert lighting. Also, don't forget about the (super) spinners and enhanced snake with mechanical opening/closing jaw.
Rob

Yeah, the RGB lighting is awesome. And the spinner mod on pro makes the game easier as it ties to the pick targets and activates them when you hit the spinner (so I've read, I have a premium).

#16409 4 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys. Now just need to upload my TSPP to free up the funds for Metallica.

#16410 4 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Talked to HankScorpio regarding the MET he sold.

My mistake, it was an early run metal backbox LED pro. I stand corrected.

Unfortunately, he no longer has the pictures from the sale, only what's archived.

At least one early run LED Metallica pro had cross inserts with the opening routed out in the shape of a cross, not the rectangular opening.

As for "...show one picture. It never happened...", it's a silly statement. I never saw a picture of a dinosaur or any of the original signers of the Declaration of Independence but I know all of them existed.

Call it a MET Easter Egg and let it go at that.

#16411 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

not true. I have a monsters premium and all of the inserts are rectangular. there is a 3D printed mod to shield the additional light and only allow cross shaped light to illuminate the inserts

zene10 is absolutely correct about the cross inserts. I had a very early run Pro LED with the metal backbox and my crosses were "cross shaped". I am not sure how long after they changed to the fully routed cross, but mine did not need the 3D printed mod.

Unfortunately I sold my MET a while ago or I would post some pics. I bought my MET on 9/2014 if that helps at all

#16412 4 years ago

How big is too big for a dmd display ?

IMG_20190625_170911408 (resized).jpgIMG_20190625_170911408 (resized).jpg
#16413 4 years ago

Made the whole bottom one big dmd

#16414 4 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

zene10 is absolutely correct about the cross inserts. I had a very early run Pro LED with the metal backbox and my crosses were "cross shaped". I am not sure how long after they changed to the fully routed cross, but mine did not need the 3D printed mod.
Unfortunately I sold my MET a while ago or I would post some pics. I bought my MET on 9/2014 if that helps at all

My Pro with the wooden backbox, (dated AUG 05 2013 on the back of the cab) has square cross insert holes routed out.

IMG_6736 (resized).jpgIMG_6736 (resized).jpg

IMG_6741 (resized).jpgIMG_6741 (resized).jpg

#16415 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

My Pro with the wooden backbox, (dated AUG 05 2013 on the back of the cab) has square cross insert holes routed out.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It's the early metal backbox, a year later, that he is talking about.

Quoted from HankScorpio:

Hope someone has a pic, at least for posterity's sake. My metal backbox is May of '15.

#16416 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It's the early metal backbox, a year later, that he is talking about.

Hope someone has a pic, at least for posterity's sake. My metal backbox is May of '15.

2018 squares

#16417 4 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

I think that without any photo proof, it's just very odd to think that stern would initially make a playfield with rectangle inserts routed holes, change them to cross shaped (for a very small run) and then change back to rectangle.

I have a wooden backbox premium, and mine has rectangular holes just like everyone else. I'll check the manufacturer date when I get back home tonight

#16418 4 years ago

My 2 cents

--> older run: rectangular inserts
--> newer runs: cross inserts
2 years ago they changed to a new supplier (see ghostbusters ghosting): back to rectangular inserts

#16419 4 years ago

Mar 2018 pro rectangles

#16420 4 years ago

2015 Pro metal back box here at the shop, square inserts. Besides, has anyone ever seen a cross insert blank? Every insert I have seen is square, round, triangle, or lightning bolt style. Haven't seen a blank cross insert ever.

#16421 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

My 2 cents
--> older run: rectangular inserts
--> newer runs: cross inserts
2 years ago they changed to a new supplier (see ghostbusters ghosting): back to rectangular inserts

2 years ago was 2017. HankScorpio's game was summer of 2014, mine was Spring of 2015.

I would love to see if there are more out there!

#16422 4 years ago

So after cleaning and waxing, I noticed that my grave markers were not going down on half the hits to them. Thought after a bunch of plays it would change, but I've played about 50 games and still the same.

Anyone have this happen, and what was the fix?

I sprayed some silicone lube on it, but no difference.

Thanks

#16423 4 years ago

Hey I just wanted to post a couple pics and a video link to a custom Metallica Sparky topper that we built. It has multiple levels, 3-D electro balls and custom molded front face.

9097E2C2-DC0B-46DB-B4E1-7EA10753FF44 (resized).jpeg9097E2C2-DC0B-46DB-B4E1-7EA10753FF44 (resized).jpegAA93D971-439B-437F-B903-D6DA1681C093 (resized).jpegAA93D971-439B-437F-B903-D6DA1681C093 (resized).jpeg1B959B3A-D4BB-4AB0-8E78-49FD044570DA (resized).jpeg1B959B3A-D4BB-4AB0-8E78-49FD044570DA (resized).jpeg862139BA-B663-4CA1-9EDC-257369E39F64 (resized).jpeg862139BA-B663-4CA1-9EDC-257369E39F64 (resized).jpegD61C06DA-4B09-47A2-928C-B9693815330D (resized).jpegD61C06DA-4B09-47A2-928C-B9693815330D (resized).jpeg
#16424 4 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Hey I just wanted to post a couple pics and a video link to a custom Metallica Sparky topper that we built. It has multiple levels, 3-D electro balls and custom molded front face.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Solid work!

How much?

#16425 4 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I dont like toppers but that is a good one

#16426 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I dont like toppers but that is a good one

Seconded!

#16427 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

So after cleaning and waxing, I noticed that my grave markers were not going down on half the hits to them. Thought after a bunch of plays it would change, but I've played about 50 games and still the same.
Anyone have this happen, and what was the fix?
I sprayed some silicone lube on it, but no difference.
Thanks

Increase the tension on the spring of the drop target.

#16428 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Increase the tension on the spring of the drop target.

This. Just shorten the spring by a third or so. I had same trouble with drop target on ST pro I used to own and shorten spring fixed it 100%.

#16429 4 years ago

Mildly considering letting my decked out Metallica Pro go but only if I can get a reasonable amount for the love I have put into this game. I bought it new in box from player one Toronto last year. It has a production date of March 2018. Its been in my house the entire time and has low plays. I love this game and bought it as a Metallica fan (hense the money I dropped into it.) Perfect shape. Here are most of what I've done and I have receipts almost everything. Still have all the original parts.
-ColorDMD
-Dmd gasket
-Pingraffix art blades, 3D snake, Tournament button cover
-Mezel Mods snake fangs, tongue x2, Sparky helmet el lighting
-every Cliffy available
-Light blocking cross inserts
-Pinnovators Sub kit
-Pinbits Sparky airball guard
-Toronto Pinball Exchange custom lights
-Guitar picks
-Shaker motor
-purple T molding
-Titan rings
-locknuts changed to chrome domes
-Coin Taker Cemetary Arch (lighting changed to purple), Creeping Death speaker decal
-Snake wireform powdercoated green
-Crank it up light panel
-Speaker lighting purple
-Coffin skull insert
-Plastics protectors
Full transparency I have $11,000 (cdn) into this. I dont expect to get that all back but let me know if there is a true Metallica fan out there looking for one hell of a decked out game.

#16430 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Mildly considering letting my decked out Metallica Pro go but only if I can get a reasonable amount for the love I have put into this game. I bought it new in box from player one Toronto last year. It has a production date of March 2018. Its been in my house the entire time and has low plays. I love this game and bought it as a Metallica fan (hense the money I dropped into it.) Perfect shape. Here are most of what I've done and I have receipts almost everything. Still have all the original parts.
-ColorDMD
-Dmd gasket
-Pingraffix art blades, 3D snake, Tournament button cover
-Mezel Mods snake fangs, tongue x2, Sparky helmet el lighting
-every Cliffy available
-Light blocking cross inserts
-Pinnovators Sub kit
-Pinbits Sparky airball guard
-Toronto Pinball Exchange custom lights
-Guitar picks
-Shaker motor
-purple T molding
-Titan rings
-locknuts changed to chrome domes
-Coin Taker Cemetary Arch (lighting changed to purple), Creeping Death speaker decal
-Snake wireform powdercoated green
-Crank it up light panel
-Speaker lighting purple
-Coffin skull insert
-Plastics protectors
Full transparency I have $11,000 (cdn) into this. I dont expect to get that all back but let me know if there is a true Metallica fan out there looking for one hell of a decked out game.

Wow... that is one decked out MET. A real labour of love for you. Have to wonder if in this instance you may be better off parting everything out? True Metallica fan or not that is a heck of an investment someone would need to make for you to feel made whole id think. Hope you find the right buyer though as they will get a pretty darn near perfect game.

You and I got our MET’s at about the same time, I traded mine a couple of months ago for a LOTR... no sure how much longer the LOTR will last, I miss my MET but I think if it returns I’d go premium.

#16431 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Wow... that is one decked out MET. A real labour of love for you. Have to wonder if in this instance you may be better off parting everything out? True Metallica fan or not that is a heck of an investment someone would need to make for you to feel made whole id think. Hope you find the right buyer though as they will get a pretty darn near perfect game.
You and I got our MET’s at about the same time, I traded mine a couple of months ago for a LOTR... no sure how much longer the LOTR will last, I miss my MET but I think if it returns I’d go premium.

I'm not personally a fan of the premium or I'd obviously have decked one of them out instead. I wish I had proper spinners but other than that I dont miss anything and I'm in the minority of people who dont like the hammer at all.

#16432 4 years ago

2013 pro wooden back box. My playfield has rectangle cross inserts.

#16433 4 years ago

Im posting the how to on the big dmd on my other thread how big is too big for a dmd tommorow if u wanna follow , for most people it's only a 50$ and a non destructive install
Great mod for met
IMG_20190625_170905451 (resized).jpgIMG_20190625_170905451 (resized).jpgIMG_20190625_170911408 (resized).jpgIMG_20190625_170911408 (resized).jpg

#16434 4 years ago

I think that looks pretty cool. I'm interested to see how you did that?

#16435 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think that looks pretty cool. I'm interested to see how you did that?

Photoshop.

#16436 4 years ago

I dont think so according to his other thread

#16437 4 years ago

Um, where are the speakers? Cool look, but I’m starting to wonder if this is real.

#16439 4 years ago

How is it only 50 bucks?

#16440 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

How is it only 50 bucks?

If u have a colordmd led version it's 50$ more I posted the how to on my thread

#16441 4 years ago
Quoted from Evilelement:

If u have a colordmd led version it's 50$ more I posted the how to on my thread

Please link to the thread. Interested in how you did it, looks amazing!

#16443 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

2013 pro wooden back box. My playfield has rectangle cross inserts.

Thanks x 3. 1- for your sparky protector and 2- for the validation.

Please post a picture.

3- for making a post based on fact and less of “not true based on my pin”

You get my vote for a respected poster and a positive contributor to this thread.

A six pack is waiting if we ever meet.

#16444 4 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Thanks x 3. 1- for your sparky protector and 2- for the validation.
Please post a picture.
3- for making a post based on fact and less of “not true based on my pin”
You get my vote for a respected poster and a positive contributor to this thread.
A six pack is waiting if we ever meet.

You or your buddy had a one-off, or a reproduction pf. -1 for not providing anything more that a pic and " I said it happened, so it happened". You or your friend should have kept the one-off.

It still makes zero sense that Stern would have went rectangles, then cross, then back to rectangles. Have your buddy ask the friend who he sold the pin too take pics. I still say didn't happen in a production game.

#16445 4 years ago

2 people out of thousands with no proof.
I believe this exists about as much as I believe bigfoot does.
Show some proof and i will eat crow

#16446 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Wait... There's no such thing as Bigfoot?!

#16447 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

bf (resized).jpgbf (resized).jpg

#16448 4 years ago

Can a spare Sparky magnet be purchased anywhere?

#16449 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Can a spare Sparky magnet be purchased anywhere?

Yup - it's just a magnet core like this:
https://www.pinballlife.com/magnet-core-plug.html

I've been told you can also just file down your existing one if it's mushrooming.

#16450 4 years ago

If you're wanting the actual magnet coil the part number is 511-5065-00

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

7,600 (OBO)
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 329 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/329?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.