C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 328 of 434.
#16351 4 years ago

Wow... I always seem to get a burst of good scores after new rubber and fresh wax but today takes the cake... 3 straight games over 800 million with the 3rd being my new grand champion score. I had never got End of the Line before today and now I’ve got it 3 times in a row!!!

E1F46555-F5D0-48B7-8AEB-EAFB9A748F6E (resized).jpegE1F46555-F5D0-48B7-8AEB-EAFB9A748F6E (resized).jpeg
#16352 4 years ago

My son is starting to show some interest in pinball. I think he is getting pretty good.

#16353 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Wow... I always seem to get a burst of good scores after new rubber and fresh wax but today takes the cake... 3 straight games over 800 million with the 3rd being my new grand champion score. I had never got End of the Line before today and now I’ve got it 3 times in a row!!![quoted image]

Well, damn. What kind of rubbers and wax do you use!? lol

#16354 4 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Yeah. My scores always go down after waxing because the ball moves so much faster.

#16355 4 years ago

OK I installed the Pinwoofer superkit today from PinWoofer.com which has amps on the new bb speakers and new cab speaker and it seriously makes a HUGE difference in sound for this pin like others who have put the kit in have mentioned.

Such a huge difference from stock and from the PP kit I had in there. Seriously night and day.

I had the PP kit and the highs and vocals were muffled as others have experienced. I was pretty disappointed actually. I think its because there is just not enough power supplied to the speakers to bring out those highs, at least this was my experience. Drove me nuts and found myself playing with headphones more just to hear the clarity.

But after installing the superkit it made it soooo much more obvious the highs that I was missing before.
It's loud AND clear and there is no need for an external sub...you can really go crazy on the supplied cab woofer. I didn't even turn that amp up very high at all because things started shaking quickly and got super bassy so I had to tone it down!

But you can certainly crank up this system WAY high, it's awesome and such an improvement to what's out there.

For alot of my pins I don't care as much about super high sound quality but for this pin (and IMDN) I wanted clarity while playing no matter how high the volume was turned up.

Highly recommended for those that want much better and clearer sound.

Dan from Pinwoofer is a super nice guy too that helped me with sound problems even outside the scope of his product! Great guy and will see you through the install with any help you need. Can't say enough about how much he backs up his kits and the support he gives.

Just wanted to throw this out for those thinking of upgrading their sound...it was completely worth it!

#16356 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Yeah. My scores always go down after waxing because the ball moves so much faster.

No kidding. Games are often unplayable after fresh wax because ball is too fast. What are some tips for blowing up a score like that? I get a pretty good game going once in a while but nothing like that.

#16357 4 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

rubbers and wax do you use

Titan rubbers and Blitz wax ... your machine will thank you later!

#16358 4 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Always Titan rubbers (this time around the "glow" color) and Mother's pure caranuba wax... though I am thinking of trying Blitz instead based on what others say here.

#16359 4 years ago

Hey gang, different subject, but my MET Pre is starting to say drop targets are coming down when they are not, i.e., Graveyard multi ball starts without earning it. Has anyone else had this happen? I suspect one of the optos for the drop target is being triggered incorrectly. I have not examined closely yet, thought I would see if the braintrust here had any advice. Thanks!

#16360 4 years ago
Quoted from headwedge63:

I suspect one of the optos for the drop target is being triggered incorrectly.

Open the switch test in the diagnostics and knock on the playfield and see if the issue occurs.

#16361 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Open the switch test in the diagnostics and knock on the playfield and see if the issue occurs.

I'll give it try and let you know. Thanks for the lead Neal!

#16362 4 years ago
Quoted from headwedge63:

Hey gang, different subject, but my MET Pre is starting to say drop targets are coming down when they are not, i.e., Graveyard multi ball starts without earning it. Has anyone else had this happen? I suspect one of the optos for the drop target is being triggered incorrectly. I have not examined closely yet, thought I would see if the braintrust here had any advice. Thanks!

Was happening to mine constantly. I had to take it all apart, re-lube, and reassemble.

Had it working perfectly until I recently cleaned and waxed the game. Now the targets are taking multiple hits to drop.

Anyone else have this after a fresh wax?

#16363 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Was happening to mine constantly. I had to take it all apart, re-lube, and reassemble.
Had it working perfectly until I recently cleaned and waxed the game. Now the targets are taking multiple hits to drop.
Anyone else have this after a fresh wax?

Yeah, immediately after waxing, the ball moves faster and many times the hit doesn't register. It gets better after a handful of plays. I've seen people talk about changing the spring tension on the drop targets, but I've never tried that as I worry once the wax isn't as fresh and the ball slows down slightly, that I'll have other issues with the drops. So the devil I know is better than the devil I don't. Usually less than 30 games and it's back to normal for me.

#16364 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My son is starting to show some interest in pinball. I think he is getting pretty good.

How cute!!! My son shows interest in pinball also! I need to tape him playing!

#16365 4 years ago

pinupgirl1975 Welcome to the Met world! Just wanted to report I love your powerblades in my Met! Thanks!

#16366 4 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

My son likes playing my Met... When it swears at him, I tell him not to tell Mom... LoL. Yes, I can turn that off but I don't really want to.

He still brings up the time I must have hit a flipper button when it was in attract mode and it yelled "I'm going to kick your ass". He busts up laughing about that.

#16367 4 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

Hi Gina, nice to see you here.

#16368 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

pinupgirl1975 Welcome to the Met world! Just wanted to report I love your powerblades in my Met! Thanks!

Dallas_Pin thank you so much! Glad you’re enjoying them! They are one of my faves! Looks like it was from the factory! My first fave is LOTR though.. I just love them in that game!

Quoted from kcZ:

My son likes playing my Met... When it swears at him, I tell him not to tell Mom... LoL. Yes, I can turn that off but I don't really want to.
He still brings up the time I must have hit a flipper button when it was in attract mode and it yelled "I'm going to kick your ass". He busts up laughing about that.

kcZ that is so funny!! My son loves saying bad words ! He just told me that the other day too lol I’m embarrassed to say I have the worst mouth and the game has nothing on me lol

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hi Gina, nice to see you here.

MustangPaul thank you! Long time no type !!! Hope you’re doing well!!

#16369 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Titan rubbers and Blitz wax ... your machine will thank you later!

Same here since day one back in '14

#16370 4 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

OK I installed the Pinwoofer superkit today from PinWoofer.com which has amps on the new bb speakers and new cab speaker and it seriously makes a HUGE difference in sound for this pin like others who have put the kit in have mentioned.
Such a huge difference from stock and from the PP kit I had in there. Seriously night and day.
I had the PP kit and the highs and vocals were muffled as others have experienced. I was pretty disappointed actually. I think its because there is just not enough power supplied to the speakers to bring out those highs, at least this was my experience. Drove me nuts and found myself playing with headphones more just to hear the clarity.
But after installing the superkit it made it soooo much more obvious the highs that I was missing before.
It's loud AND clear and there is no need for an external sub...you can really go crazy on the supplied cab woofer. I didn't even turn that amp up very high at all because things started shaking quickly and got super bassy so I had to tone it down!
But you can certainly crank up this system WAY high, it's awesome and such an improvement to what's out there.
For alot of my pins I don't care as much about super high sound quality but for this pin (and IMDN) I wanted clarity while playing no matter how high the volume was turned up.
Dan from Pinwoofer is a super nice guy too that helped me with sound problems even outside the scope of his product! Great guy and will see you through the install with any help you need. Can't say enough about how much he backs up his kits and the support he gives.
Just wanted to throw this out for those thinking of upgrading their sound...it was completely worth it!

Well I just bought the same kit and I'm looking for the same improvement in sound for my Refinery Met.

#16371 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

he same improvement in sound for my Refinery Met.

You won't be disappointed! I've tried it all and this kit is 1000% better than anything on the market.

#16372 4 years ago

I just installed this kit in my new Met and I concur. It sounds fantastic. And Dan is great to deal with if you have any questions.

#16373 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

You won't be disappointed! I've tried it all and this kit is 1000% better than anything on the market.

OK I'll take your word for it.....but I'm holding you PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE if I don't like it.

#16374 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OK I'll take your word for it.....but I'm holding you PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE if I don't like it.

Your super kit will be to you Saturday MustangPaul . Please start adjustments at low volume - you'll understand why after you fire up your kit my friend.

#16375 4 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

This guy is over the top! Thanks for the kind review charles4400 - we are sincerely grateful for guys like you striving to make pinball sound better!

#16376 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I just installed this kit in my new Met and I concur. It sounds fantastic. And Dan is great to deal with if you have any questions.

It was a lot of fun getting you to where you want to be my friend! Turn up and rock out!

#16377 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

.but I'm holding you PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE if I don't like it.

Deal! Enjoy it!!

#16378 4 years ago

Back in the club! Missed the game too much.

#16379 4 years ago

Pinball is a weird game. I haven't had a good game on my MET Pre in a few months. I got over 100M a coupe of times, but that's it. Frustrating. Today I went down to play a quick game or two - and blew it up with 460M+ a new Grand Champion score for me! Had three CIU modes too; so close to EotL.... so close... But I'll probably never get that.

#16380 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Pinball is a weird game. I haven't had a good game on my MET Pre in a few months. I got over 100M a coupe of times, but that's it. Frustrating. Today I went down to play a quick game or two - and blew it up with 460M+ a new Grand Champion score for me! Had three CIU modes too; so close to EotL.... so close... But I'll probably never get that.

Are you using the new code?

#16381 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Are you using the new code?

Yup. I did really well on the new code for awhile and then I just started sucking. Hopefully I'm back!

#16382 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

That’s why I love pinball. Pulling your hair out one game, and blowing it out the next. If all that was needed was to memorize a pattern, you’d have Ms. Pacman etc...

#16383 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

That’s why I love pinball. Pulling your hair out one game, and blowing it out the next. If all that was needed was to memorize a pattern, you’d have Ms. Pacman etc...

Pacman is a pattern. Ms pacman has better a.i.

#16384 4 years ago

Can someone in short explain me how fuel works?
Also the playfield multiplier: Where do you see the active timer on it? And can you extend it by shooting the left lane?

Can you combine double scoring with the snake lock or is there no multiplier attached to this?

#16386 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Can someone in short explain me how fuel works?
Also the playfield multiplier: Where do you see the active timer on it? And can you extend it by shooting the left lane?
Can you combine double scoring with the snake lock or is there no multiplier attached to this?

Nobody? I looked in the wiki rulesheet, but don't know how you can track the timer on the active fuel double scoring and the snake double scoring and if these both combined result in 4x playfield or not?

Quite important to now when to cash in on the superjackpots in multiball no?

#16387 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Nobody? I looked in the wiki rulesheet, but don't know how you can track the timer on the active fuel double scoring and the snake double scoring and if these both combined result in 4x playfield or not?
Quite important to now when to cash in on the superjackpots in multiball no?

Yes, 2x fuel lane and 2x snake do combine for 4x playfield. That's the only way to hear "jack f'in pot". The fuel lane light will flash faster and faster as it begins to time out. You can reset the 20 second timer by shooting the fuel lane again. So you can theoretically extend it forever. The Snake 2x, I don't think there is any indication of when it times out, other than the ball being spit out of its mouth.

Also the 2x fuel light is much better indicated on the premium/LE because it uses the color purple just for the 2x. On the pro it can be confusing because it shares the color red also with Fuel Mode and blown pistons.

#16388 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes, 2x fuel lane and 2x snake do combine for 4x playfield. That's the only way to hear "jack f'in pot". The fuel lane light will flash faster and faster as it begins to time out. You can reset the 20 second timer by shooting the fuel lane again. So you can theoretically extend it forever. The Snake 2x, I don't think there is any indication of when it times out, other than the ball being spit out of its mouth.
Also the 2x fuel light is much better indicated on the premium/LE because it uses the color purple just for the 2x. On the pro it can be confusing because it shares the color red also with Fuel Mode and blown pistons.

Thank you so much for this explanation! Just what I was looking for. And what I was hoping for!
Maybe (on the pro) the green light on top of the snake indicates the double playfield. As I don't allow it to hold the ball (risk of having two balls in there is possible then). I will check how it behaves.

#16389 4 years ago

Just got back from playing a MET at pinball gallery and the search begins - Anyone have a quick breakdown of the various editions released over the years? I checked stern website and just pro-premium-LE listed with no explanation of wood/metal back box, huh?

Thanks in advance.

#16390 4 years ago

Limited: Master of Puppets
Premium: Monsters
Premium: Road Case
Pro

#16391 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Just got back from playing a MET at pinball gallery and the search begins - Anyone have a quick breakdown of the various editions released over the years? I checked stern website and just pro-premium-LE listed with no explanation of wood/metal back box, huh?
Thanks in advance.

Original pro had wood backbox, blank wood speaker panel, incandescent bulbs.

A year after original release, pro LED was released with metal backbox, art on the metal speaker panel, and LED bulbs (not board mounted LEDs).

Prem had Roadcase version and Monsters version. Same backbox changes as pro when changed to metal backbox (same speaker panel art). I believe the premiums already had LEDs, and I believe the insert lights were board mounted LEDs.

LE never got a metal bacbox because they were limited and sold out upon release.

#16392 4 years ago

Appreciate the info. Pro was fun, other than hammer lock and raising graveyard cross- pro seems like the way to go. The Premium light show can be achieved from the interactive lighting mod, yes?

The sparky magnet lock I played on location was slightly raised and had some pitting/dimples. Is this normal or will most HUO versions be flat and smooth? Also, Any high wear areas on this pin to keep an eye out?

Thanks again in advance.

#16393 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Thanks in advance.

I believe that some, if not all, of the wood backbox playfields have cross shape openings below the cross inserts rather than rectangular areas below the cross inserts.

Added over 5 years ago:

Incorrectly stated wooden backbox. I'm referring to metal backbox and an early LED pro machine.

#16394 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Appreciate the info. Pro was fun, other than hammer lock and raising graveyard cross- pro seems like the way to go. The Premium light show can be achieved from the interactive lighting mod, yes?
The sparky magnet lock I played on location was slightly raised and had some pitting/dimples. Is this normal or will most HUO versions be flat and smooth? Also, Any high wear areas on this pin to keep an eye out?
Thanks again in advance.

Premium also has spinners that are integrated into game play... you can add spinners to the pro but they aren’t correctly integrated. The add on lighting is really cool but not inexpensive... depending on the deal you can get on a premium I’d get the premium. I owned a pro and miss it but I’d go premium if I had to do it again.

#16395 4 years ago

Thanks for replies all.

#16396 4 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

I believe that some, if not all, of the wood backbox playfields have cross shape openings below the cross inserts rather than rectangular areas below the cross inserts.

not true. I have a monsters premium and all of the inserts are rectangular. there is a 3D printed mod to shield the additional light and only allow cross shaped light to illuminate the inserts

#16397 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Premium also has spinners that are integrated into game play... you can add spinners to the pro but they aren’t correctly integrated. The add on lighting is really cool but not inexpensive... depending on the deal you can get on a premium I’d get the premium. I owned a pro and miss it but I’d go premium if I had to do it again.

...and the snake on the premium opens and closes.

I was looking for a Pro, but came across a decent deal on a Premium and have no regrets spending the extra money. The only thing I like better on the Pro is the newton ball versus newton block. I have no idea why they changed that on the Premium. I swapped mine out and find it much better.

#16398 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Thanks all. How about the sparky magnet lock- is this usually dimpled from the factory or is this a wear spot?

This can be an area that gets a lot of air balls creating dimpling around the magnet. There is a Sparky plastic extender that works really well to reduce the amount of air balls off of Sparky's feet and therefore dimples. I would recommend getting one if the game you buy doesn't have one. As far as the actual magnet goes. The height can be adjusted, but the magnet will mushroom over time, even for a HUO game. The magnet can be changed out (I believe fairly easily, but I have not had to change one yet). One thing to look for is to make sure the clear around the magnet is in good shape. If the magnet does not get changed in time, the mushroom can start creeping into the playfield. Most HUOs shouldn't have this problem.

#16399 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

not true. I have a monsters premium and all of the inserts are rectangular. there is a 3D printed mod to shield the additional light and only allow cross shaped light to illuminate the inserts

No, this is true. Some playfields do have cross shaped openings below the inserts from the factory.

I qualified the statement with “some”

I have a friend that owned an early first run pro. The wood beneath the cross inserts is, in fact, routed out in the shape of a cross and not a rectangular opening.

It was not a mod to the opening below the playfield.

I speculate that the manufacture of playfields changed at a later date due to cost, throughput or technical reasons.

#16400 4 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

No, this is true. Some playfields do have cross shaped openings below the inserts from the factory.
I qualified the statement with “some”
I have a friend that owned an early first run pro. The wood beneath the cross inserts is, in fact, routed out in the shape of a cross and not a rectangular opening.
It was not a mod to the opening below the playfield.
I speculate that the manufacture of playfields changed at a later date due to cost, throughput or technical reasons.

I would like to see pics of this along with production date. I'm not doubting you, but this is the first I've heard of this, and I've been actively involved in this thread since the announcement of the game. I would have thought it would have been brought up in the early discussions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 149.00
$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 328 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/328?hl=todd969 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.