C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 434.
#16251 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I put a bendy and pointed away from my eyes. I did this with some of the piston area gi as well.

Yeah, I tried that move. Can’t get enough angle away.
I’m either gonna drop it a lot more with washers or put black tape over it. Unless there’s a dim feature

#16252 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I use a digital torpedo, and with the legs cranked all the way out, the level in the center of the pf reads 6.5.
How are you getting 6.8-6.9?

have you put a level on the floor area where the machine is sitting? Maybe your floor is leaning that much

#16253 4 years ago

Curious..... How many people own this machine and are not a huge Metallica fan?
Me being one of them.
Love the premium!

#16254 4 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Curious..... How many people own this machine and are not a huge
Metallica fan?
Me being one of them.
Love the premium!

I'm one of them. I bought one Metallica album way back in the 90's, but I was never a huge fan in their mid-late 80's heyday. However, I did used to skateboard back then and a lot of my fellow skaters would play Metallica at some of our ramp jams, so I was well familiar with them. So I liked them, but not a huge fan. But wow, their music is not only suitable for skateboarding it also suits this pinball machine very well, in fact, it's just awesome! I love this machine, and I've grown to be more of a fan of Metallica since I've gotten it. It rocks!!

#16255 4 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Metallica fan?
Me being one of them.
Love the premium!

Before playing the game, I wouldn't have been able to name a single song of theirs. While playing, I of course recognized most of the songs from rock stations on the radio and do enjoy most of the songs. Now, that I own one, the more I play it, the more I have come to appreciate their music. I still much prefer AC/DC, Backstreet Boys and Disturbed music.

#16256 4 years ago

Me too. Its grown on me, and my son is now a huge fan because of the game. I just absolutely love the gameplay, and made it my first NIB

#16257 4 years ago

I left “unforgiven” and “one” in the game,
All other songs have been changed with pinballbrowser. I am not really a Metallica fan, but I am a fan of the art, lighting, rules, and gameplay.

#16258 4 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

I still much prefer AC/DC,
Backstreet Boys and Disturbed music.

I honestly cant tell if you are joking

#16259 4 years ago

I bought my Metallica before I had even played one. I just wanted a Metallica pin. Luckily it is awesome (as is Maiden thankfully)

#16260 4 years ago

I wish it had more Kill em all and less Black album.

#16261 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I honestly cant tell if you are joking

Well, I do own multiple cd's from those 3 bands, but no Metallica cd's, if that means anything...

#16262 4 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Well, I do own multiple cd's from those 3 bands, but no
Metallica cd's, if that means anything...

It has been my experience that you don't often hear AC/DC, Backstreet Boys and Disturbed often said in the same breath so good on you for doing so. One likes what they like.

I am not a Metallica fan and short of the lullaby Metallica album a Metallica fan friend of mine purchased for me I own no Metallica music and have no interest in ever owning any. I owned a Metallica pin for a while and loved it, only moved it along when I got the opportunity to pick up another game higher on my list of 'must own' games. I do miss it and would like to add a Premium one day.

#16263 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

It has been my experience that you don't often hear AC/DC,
Backstreet Boys and Disturbed often said in the same breath so good
on you for doing so. One likes what they like.
I am not a Metallica fan and short of the lullaby Metallica
album a Metallica fan friend of mine purchased for me I own no
Metallica music and have no interest in ever owning any. I owned a
Metallica pin for a while and loved it, only moved it along when I
got the opportunity to pick up another game higher on my list of
'must own' games. I do miss it and would like to add a Premium one
day.

Those rockabye baby album are done so well. The Guns and Roses one is on point. We had several of them when my son was a baby. Car music lol

#16264 4 years ago

I'm not really a fan. Heard there songs on the radio over the years but never was really into that type of music. I had no interest in the pin at first but the more I played it the more I liked it. Learned that theme really doesn't matter. How that theme is executed is what is important. I like how the hand drawn art turning the band members into monster creatures. I love the animations, bass thumping sounds, and callouts by the band members. Some of the callouts are kinda flat but that's part of the charm. Rules are brilliant and well balanced. Always different things to shoot for and just the right amount of strategy without getting too complicated.

#16265 4 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Metallica fan?
Me being one of them.
Love the premium!

No Metallica fan here either but i own a premium model because the game is just too great to ignore. I dont even pay any attention to the music while i am playing so it doesn’t bother me. I only like two or three songs from them.

#16266 4 years ago

My understanding the angle desired 6.5-6.7 should have same readings all over the play field. By, flippers, upper most area of pf , middle, and leftside n rightside.

#16267 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

My understanding the angle desired 6.5-6.7 should have same
readings all over the play field. By, flippers, upper most area of
pf , middle, and leftside n rightside.

Seems like it would be the same angle but it isnt. That always kinda made me wonder why but im too lazy to give it much thought and try to understand why.

#16268 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

My understanding the angle desired 6.5-6.7 should have same
readings all over the play field. By, flippers, upper most area of
pf , middle, and leftside n rightside.

Of the 7 games I currently have, and the ones I've previously owned, the only game to give a consistent reading across the pf is TWD.

Not sure why.

#16269 4 years ago

I just installed some Flipper Fidelity backbox speakers in my MET pro...The stock speakers are good, but these are better. Not an "OMG" difference but I notice a difference. Especially when I turn up the volume. They are really crisp and clear. Only $60 and worth it in my opinion.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 7.57.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-05-14 at 7.57.58 PM (resized).png
#16270 4 years ago

I have gotten an extra ball after EOTL and when I drained the game ended, this has happened to me twice. Anyone else experience this issue?

#16271 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I have gotten an extra ball after EOTL and when I drained the game ended, this has happened to me twice. Anyone else experience this issue?

I've had my MET Pre for a year and a half and I've never been to EOTL once... So no.

#16272 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I've had my MET Pre for a year and a half and I've never been to EOTL once... So no.

I couldn't get there until the latest code update started handing out extra balls like candy .

#16273 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

It may be that you have hit your max extra ball limit. I noticed something similar once, not at EOTL tho.

#16274 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

It may be that you have hit your max extra ball limit. I noticed something similar once, not at EOTL tho.

Yeah it may have nothing to do with EOTL. I will see if there is an extra ball limit in settings but just confusing that it shows you getting one when you don't actually have it.

#16275 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yeah it may have nothing to do with EOTL. I will see if there is an extra ball limit in settings but just confusing that it shows you getting one when you don't actually have it.

I thought the same thing... There is an setting. I think that I made mine unlimited... And I still have not reached EOTL.

#16276 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I did have the same thing happen and I looked under settings and my extra ball limit was set to 5. So figured that was the problem.

#16277 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I bought my Metallica before I had even played one. I just
wanted a Metallica pin. Luckily it is awesome (as is Maiden
thankfully)

Metallica was an instabuy for me. I was in on an LE/deposit with the distro when it was just a rumor. LE #199 will never leave! The fact that it was my first pin and it turned out to be one of the best is just the cherry on top. I do need to change up the songs though.

#16278 4 years ago

Metallica is very easy to change songs with pinballbrowser.
Msg me if u need help

#16279 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

just installed some Flipper Fidelity backbox speakers in my MET pro...The stock speakers are good, but these are better.

Did you swap out the cabinet speaker as well? Was a cross over part of the package? I installed PinballPro’s complete speaker replacement and it sounds muddy.

#16280 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Did you swap out the cabinet speaker as well? Was a cross over part of the package? I installed PinballPro’s complete speaker replacement and it sounds muddy.

I'm experiencing the same thing. I'm going to attempt a diy adjustable amp install to hopefully solve that issue. I have all the parts already just haven't installed it yet.

Agree the backbox speakers need clearer highs.

Pinwoofer has a plug and play backbox and cabinet amp available as well.

Check out this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-amp-to-pinball-pro-speakers#post-4994213

#16281 4 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Pinwoofer has a plug and play backbox and cabinet amp available as well

Dan and I have been talking; I may go this route to test it. If it fails, I will sell the speakers and the amp. I have PinballPro speakers in my Tommy along with a Pinsound Card and it's amazeballs.

#16282 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Dan and I have been talking; I may go this route to test it. If it fails, I will sell the speakers and the amp. I have PinballPro speakers in my Tommy along with a Pinsound Card and it's amazeballs.

Cool, Let us know how it goes with what you decide and how it affects the sound, I'll do the same as well.

On IMDN PP speakers by itself sounds great to me but for this title I think it needs the extra oomph to bring out the clarity. Different titles with different results, which I had heard about before buying. I'll report back here whenever I end up doing my install as well.

#16283 4 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

On IMDN PP speakers by itself sounds great to me but for this title I think it needs the extra oomph to bring out the clarity. Different titles with different results, which I had heard about before buying. I'll report back here whenever I end up doing my install as well

I have the same on my IMDN and I agree. I also ordered the Pinwoofer cabinet 8" kit for my Met. I'll post how it sounds once I have it installed. I will likely add the BB amp if I'm pleased.

#16284 4 years ago

So while I'm totally pimping out my Met, I ran across this mod and think it fits this theme and artwork perfectly. There is even a perfect spot for it. The far out caricature, cartoonish, monster theme makes it fit in just fine into the them imo.

If you hate mods or are a purist then please turn away now because this TV mod is pretty far out there!

I've seen the old TV mod but it was kind of small, hard to see and clarity was questionable (yet still I wanted one), but then I ran across Cz's TV mod which is a TV mod on steroids with a larger, higher resolution screen with SOUND option!

I haven't heard much talk about it for Met so thought I'd share:

There's enough media out there to not JUST show live recordings of the band but animation themed clips featuring Metallica which really blend into the game well (yes even guitar hero clips add to the fun lol!)

There is an option for sound which If my speaker plans pan out well, I would fins some sort of auto auto switch to quietly play the TV sound on the backbox speakers when the game is not in play....still figuring that out. For now there are 2 small speakers in the cabinet for the TV that you can't hear when playing the game but can hear when not in play (adjustable volume)

I am an old school Metallica fan and love this pin not just because it so fun to play but because it brings me back to my metal head days and glad they focused their music on their earlier albums...this pin deserves the love!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#16285 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I have the same on my IMDN and I agree. I also ordered the Pinwoofer cabinet 8" kit for my Met. I'll post how it sounds once I have it installed. I will likely add the BB amp if I'm pleased.

Defiantely please let us know!

#16286 4 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

So while I'm totally pimping out my Met, I ran across this mod and think it fits this theme and artwork perfectly. There is even a perfect spot for it. The far out caricature, cartoonish, monster theme makes it fit in just fine into the them imo.
If you hate mods or are a purist then please turn away now because this TV mod is pretty far out there!
I've seen the old TV mod but it was kind of small, hard to see and clarity was questionable (yet still I wanted one), but then I ran across Cz's TV mod which is a TV mod on steroids with a larger, higher resolution screen with SOUND option!
I haven't heard much talk about it for Met so thought I'd share:
There's enough media out there to not JUST show live recordings of the band but animation themed clips featuring Metallica which really blend into the game well (yes even guitar hero clips add to the fun lol!)
There is an option for sound which If my speaker plans pan out well, I would fins some sort of auto auto switch to quietly play the TV sound on the backbox speakers when the game is not in play....still figuring that out. For now there are 2 small speakers in the cabinet for the TV that you can't hear when playing the game but can hear when not in play (adjustable volume)

I am an old school Metallica fan and love this pin not just because it so fun to play but because it brings me back to my metal head days and glad they focused their music on their earlier albums...this pin deserves the love![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Video seems cool, I don't think the old TV goes very well with the theme.

#16287 4 years ago

I didn't think about this earlier but if I get the audio the way I want, it would be cool to get short tutorial or rule vids on there as well...

#16288 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Video seems cool, I don't think the old TV goes very well with the theme.

I want the the smaller screen version..

#16289 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I hear what you're saying but for me I like the bigger screen just to see more detail. I mean the screen is really for others watching you play or checking out the game before playing so in that sense I think bigger works.

Another option I was thinking of placing it was at the far back over the right ramp next to the speaker amp mods which works having a larger screen back there so you can see it better but, think that looked a bit crowded and I plan on putting a 3d snake mod there. The clear plastic over the ball guide seems like it was meant to have something like this placed there.

The picture really is actually very clear and vivid in person.

#16290 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I installed an amp to the PP backbox speakers and it works and does make a huge difference in clearing up the highs and getting rid of the muffled sound. I updated that thread I mentioned earlier with my experience but in short: install an amp, but don't get the one I got its way underpowered...get a way more powerful one.

#16291 4 years ago

Something needs to be done with muddy sound from FF speakers I have. Would love to add a amp or a pinsound board. Just waiting for a tutorial as well to fix my backbox speakers. To say i was disappointed with them was a understatement.

#16292 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Are you talking about the plastic bezel version I used to sell (pictured in upper left)? Or the TV version? They're both smaller, but I still sell the three TV versions through Mezelmods and my Pinside Shops.

I get a lot of DMs asking about the old MDM versions with the plastic bezel, not only for MET, but also other titles, and I also get a lot of DMs from people who think my TV versions are Cz's and that his are mine. So for clarification here, and to avoid confusion with what's available and what's not through me....

I sold a lot of the plastic bezel version for about 35 different titles for about 2 1/2 to 3 years, but the manufacturer started sending me faulty displays (the glass was separating from the processing board), and the manufacturer was not very cooperative about reimbursing me. This was too costly for me to continue receiving displays that would work for a few days and then fail.

The TV versions use a different size screen (slightly wider). If I had a time machine, I would have created the MDMs and TVs with the same size screen. Developing the art, doing bulk orders of laser cutting through Spooky Pinball, and sizing the MDMs for the smaller size display was expensive. I didn't want to pay that expense all over again to re-design the MDMs with the TV sized displays.

The displays used in the TV versions for the last 5 1/2 years have had no issues. I regret not using this same size for the MDMs.

I have never really advertised or promoted my TV version for MET because I didn't really think it fit the theme, but these TVs can be used in any title and any manufacturer. The TSPP is game specific and the best-selling title, but I sell the wood grain and blk/gray versions mostly for GB, Munsters, TZ, TAF, Elvis, Sopranos, Beatles, SS, SP, FG, and several others where customers think a TV theme appropriate. These can even be plugged into the wall and put on a shelf. All they need is a 5v source.
TV versions plus MDM MET (resized).pngTV versions plus MDM MET (resized).png

#16293 4 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

nstall an amp, but don't get the one I got its way underpowered...get a way more powerful one.

Which Amp did you get? Sounds like I am not the only one in this position and glad to know an amp will help the sound!

#16294 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Which Amp did you get? Sounds like I am not the only one in this position and glad to know an amp will help the sound!

I got this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Home-Mini-Audio-Amplifier/dp/B0071HZ5EQ/ref=redir_mobile_desktop

But check out the reviews (which I didn't, I just looked at the specs seeing it was 60w and assumed it was enough)

And here is the thread again where its discussed more specifically with pinwoofer's suggestion and greg from pp chiming in.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-amp-to-pinball-pro-speakers#post-4999245

I believe everything is hooked up right, it can get loud and I can get back the clear vocals but is not pumping like it should if that amp really is putting out that much power (which some reviews say its absolutely not). In fact you have to turn up the amp to a certain volume before the clear highs kick in.

#16295 4 years ago

Gents + Gals,

Are Stern likely to build a Metallica Vault Edition?
You guys are so lucky in USA
Over in UK these pins are rare as rocking horse shit

#16296 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Gents + Gals,

They kind of already did. The led Metallica only stopped production in the last few months. They are actually still set up at stern to make some more playfields (only pfs as far as i know) before the end of the year.
Metallica is already one of the longest runs they've ever done (in production for 5yrs!). I wouldnt expect to see another run of Metallica unless it's a decade from now.

#16297 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Gents + Gals,

I would bet money that we will see a Vault Edition Metallica game someday. The game is very good and there would probably be people that couldn't pass them up if they made them again in a couple of years.

#16298 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Gents + Gals,

Have you talked to Chris B? I got my Prem off him. Less than 200 plays! He often has trade-ins passing through & if you have the cash waiting it should be a simple transaction.

#16299 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Have you talked to Chris B? I got my Prem off him. Less than 200 plays! He often has trade-ins passing through & if you have the cash waiting it should be a simple transaction.

Thanks For the info Paul

#16300 4 years ago

Looking to gauge interest in a small batch of Metallica sparky air ball plastics. If I can get say 15 or 20peeps interested then I’ll consider firing up the scroll saw and the spindle sander.

Any interest? $6 shipped to USPS addresses only (sorry for those outside US)

Rick

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/326?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.