711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 433.
#16201 4 years ago
Quoted from 6point5degrees:

Is this a simple bulb replacement? Odd that both ends of the bulb are still lighting up.
Forgive my ignorance, but I purchase a replacement at Home Depot, for example?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Yep totally normal for a bad fluorescent bulb. Replacement from Home Depot or wherever will get you back up and running.

Sometimes you can actually run your hand over it and get it to kick on.

#16202 4 years ago

Playing when I hear kaklunk and my left flipper goes dead. Moment of panic. Luckily the nut and bolt had come loose from the flipper assembly. Easy fix bit it was a lock nut which makes me think it just wasnt ever tightened properly. My game is less than a year old. Anyway, thankful and happy it wasnt something larger.

#16203 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Playing when I hear kaklunk and my left flipper goes dead. Moment of panic. Luckily the nut and bolt had come loose from the flipper assembly. Easy fix bit it was a lock nut which makes me think it just wasnt ever tightened properly. My game is less than a year old. Anyway, thankful and happy it wasnt something larger.

Thanks for the reminder to get into the guts and check connections, bolts and what have you..

#16204 4 years ago

At least you figured out what fell off. I hate it when find the thing that fell off but no idea where it goes.

#16205 4 years ago

Put up my personal best today.
Had an extra ball and the 3rd crank it up lit but choked before I could hit the scoop. Terrible FWTBT (about 8m I think) but respectable 80m+ in F2B.
I've gotten much better at alot of the shots and pretty consistently get all the multiballs but still cant reliably find the piston to bring up my scores.

I believe this was only one Sparky(maybe 2), 2 Grave, 2 Snake and a Coffin.
...and Justice for all, Seek and Destroy, Blackened and 2 CIU.
Damn, that's alot in one game for me.

20190508_225221 (resized).jpg20190508_225221 (resized).jpg

#16206 4 years ago

Oh, also I made it further in F2B than before. Couldn't see a damned thing but red inserts lol. Reminded me of old video games (like mega man) where the lights in a level only come on for a moment and you have to figure out what's going on in that instant and hope you make the right moves in the dark. Very fun and stressful lol. Had to take a moment between ball 2 and 3 when I sewered during F2B. Heart was beating like mad lol

#16207 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Put up my personal best today.
Had an extra ball and the 3rd crank it up lit but choked before I could hit the scoop. Terrible FWTBT (about 8m I think) but respectable 80m+ in F2B.
I've gotten much better at alot of the shots and pretty consistently get all the multiballs but still cant reliably find the piston to bring up my scores.
I believe this was only one Sparky(maybe 2), 2 Grave, 2 Snake and a Coffin.
...and Justice for all, Seek and Destroy, Blackened and 2 CIU.
Damn, that's alot in one game for me.
[quoted image]

Good score!

I was able to get to EOTL after owning the game for about a month (actually did it twice within the week) and since then, I don't think I've hot 200M!!!

You're definitely getting close. Be sure to try to space out your MBs, so you don't use too many to get into each CIU (since they get progressively harder to start).

#16208 4 years ago

has anyone disabled the outer orbit post? thinking of trying it

#16209 4 years ago

Mine quit working at one point so I played it for a week or so with it disabled. I know others deliberately do it this way. It gives you a true orbit and speeds up the game. For me, though, I think it changes the game too much; I prefer to have it working.

#16210 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

I wouldn't disable it especially if it's working properly. You will change the intent of the game and it will be harder to blow pistons since the ball will rarely be dropped into the pops.

#16211 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Nope, never. You will diminish the blown piston awards then. If you have a premium, when the spinner is lit for 'super spinner' you do get a full orbit shot with nice lighting effects.

Rob

#16212 4 years ago

When I run wires for the PSW10 do I disconnect the wires plugged into the lower cabinet speaker leaving non working, and splice them into the wires coming from the sub, or do I leave them connected and just run the two wires from the sub to the lower cab speaker?

#16213 4 years ago

Leave them connected, then you get sound from both the speaker and the sub.

#16214 4 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Leave them connected, then you get sound from both the speaker and the sub.

Excellent thank you!!

#16215 4 years ago

Is there a difference when adjusting the volume at the door buttons vs in the menu?

#16216 4 years ago

Quick question, I adjusted the level of the pf slightly (2 full turns on both back legs) and now when I hit the grave markers, they don't drop.

Could a slight raise of pf cause this?

#16217 4 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Is there a difference when adjusting the volume at the door buttons vs in the menu?

Nope.

#16218 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Quick question, I adjusted the level of the pf slightly (2 full turns on both back legs) and now when I hit the grave markers, they don't drop.

They don’t drop ever? Backhand or forehand? I guess changing the pitch of the game could cause more bricks for the drop targets, but seems like something else is going on if they never drop.

#16219 4 years ago

You probably need to tighten the springs by a few coils on the drop targets. Mine did the same thing and i took the spring off and stretched it tighter by a few coils and they work good again now.

#16220 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They don’t drop ever? Backhand or forehand? I guess changing the pitch of the game could cause more bricks for the drop targets, but seems like something else is going on if they never drop.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

You probably need to tighten the springs by a few coils on the drop targets. Mine did the same thing and i took the spring off and stretched it tighter by a few coils and they work good again now.

I recently took it all apart to fix the first target that was dropping as soon as the game started.

Everything was working perfectly until I changed the pitch. Now it is rarely going down. You have to hit the target three or four times before it goes down.

just seems strange that changing the pitch could affect this.

#16221 4 years ago

I recently took it all apart to fix the first target that was dropping as soon as the game started.
Everything was working perfectly until I changed the pitch. Now it is rarely going down. You have to hit the target three or four times before it goes down.

Try adjusting the pitch back to where it was and see of they go back to normal behavior.

#16222 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Try adjusting the pitch back to where it was and see of they go back to normal behavior.

Yup, was planning to try that later (have a bruised rib, so not excited to lift it).

Let's see. I'll report back.

#16223 4 years ago

Yup, was planning to try that later (have a bruised rib, so not excited to lift it).
Let's see. I'll report back.

Ouch! Don't lift it....you can turn the leveler with a wrench with the weight of the game on it, especially on the way "down" feel better soon!

#16224 4 years ago

Just the little bit that you changed the pitch wouldn't so that i am sure if it. It also sounds like the ball is hitting the targets hard and just bouncing/bricking off of them. That sounds like the springs dont have enough tension on them to me. You can take the springs and maybe stretch them out about 5-8 coils and that should do it i bet.

#16225 4 years ago

What is a good playfield pitch for Met?
6.7-7 deg?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16226 4 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

6.7-7 deg?

Whatever pitch that makes it feel/play the way you like.

#16227 4 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Whatever pitch that makes it feel/play the way you like.

Yea, I didn't use a level app when setting it up in the beginning, got left/right level and put up rear till i liked it.
fast, but not nasty. Turned out to be 7 deg when I recently checked with a app.

#16228 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just the little bit that you changed the pitch wouldn't so that i am sure if it. It also sounds like the ball is hitting the targets hard and just bouncing/bricking off of them. That sounds like the springs dont have enough tension on them to me. You can take the springs and maybe stretch them out about 5-8 coils and that should do it i bet.

After waxing, my drop targets usually don't drop because of the speed but eventually does enough to work. Would you recommend making this adjustment in this situation?

#16229 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

After waxing, my drop targets usually don't drop because of the speed but eventually does enough to work. Would you recommend making this adjustment in this situation?

Sounds like what happened to my game as well. The ball is just bricking off the target 60-70% of the time.

I took some naphtha too it, then Mist N Shine, and finished off with a wax.

Maybe the springs need more tension?

#16230 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I have actually experienced what you are saying so thats a good point i guess but i just dont see how raising the pitch so little like that could make that happen. Ive been wrong before though, it wouldn't be the first time and certainly wont be the last either.

#16231 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have actually experienced what you are saying so thats a good point i guess but i just dont see how raising the pitch so little like that could make that happen. Ive been wrong before though, it wouldn't be the first time and certainly wont be the last either.

I did forget to mention that when I raised the pitch, I also cleaned and waxed the pf.

I had no idea waxing could cause bricking on the targets, so i attributed it to the pitch.

I still think the targets should drop on contact, am I right? Is it time to adjust spring tension?

Do I just cut the springs shorter?

#16232 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Nope, never. You will diminish the blown piston awards then. If you have a premium, when the spinner is lit for 'super spinner' you do get a full orbit shot with nice lighting effects.
Rob

Sounds good thanks for the input!

#16233 4 years ago

I'm in the club, great pin!!
Pm me if you have spinners, knocker kit, shaker, or any other mods for sale.

IMG_8928 (resized).JPGIMG_8928 (resized).JPGIMG_8940 (resized).JPGIMG_8940 (resized).JPG
#16234 4 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

6.7-7 deg?

I was gonna asked same question as I gotta move soon, and break down pin to move, and wondering when I set it up on pitch angle. Wonder if Borg has a preferred preference for his game since he designed it. I know Ritchie mentions pitch angle for some of his pins he designs. I do know that higher the pitch less airballs off sparky, but have one of Rick's extended protectors and its save the area of dimples big time.

#16235 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I was gonna asked same question as I gotta move soon, and break down pin to move, and wondering when I set it up on pitch angle. Wonder if Borg has a preferred preference for his game since he designed it. I know Ritchie mentions pitch angle for some of his pins he designs. I do know that higher the pitch less airballs off sparky, but have one of Rick's extended protectors and its save the area of dimples big time.

I would say 6.5 to no more than 6.7. The problem with every Stern game is that they never added proper flipper power adjustments. Increased pitch is kind of a lousy way to counter strong flippers. My GoT pro had stupidly strong flippers where I had to set the pitch to at least 7.2 or it played like crap.

Rob

#16236 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I was also interested by something chuckwurt said a few posts back about increased sdtm from the grave markers at a certain pitch. If I have a good clean right flipper to grave marker, there's a 40% chance it's sdtm. I always thought it's just the way it plays, but now I'm thinking of bringing it back from 7 to 6.7deg and seeing if that changes

#16237 4 years ago

Finished 3 ciu (for the first time) and was a couple coffins away from lighting my fourth.
Until now I only had lit the third ciu a few times but drained before I could hit the scoop.
I've noticed a big step up in my game the last week or so. Not sure why but I'm happy. I've been bumping my own high scores off the bottom fairly regularly now. My high score is about 250m but I've been scoring in the 180m area with some consistency. Still do poorly in the ciu's and cant hit the piston multiplier very well.
The only thing I've changed in my gameplay really is focusing more on coffin to make sure I get a coffin mb and making sure to always get the add a ball in mb's.

#16238 4 years ago

...and I was at 7° for the first 8mo because I was going off the attached level. Ive been a bit over 6.5° for the last 3-4mo. (Hey, 1yr anniversary shortly)
It took me a little while of bricking shots left and right but I'm used to it now.

#16239 4 years ago

My MET seems off from the rest of my pins. Most of them have the rear legs turned out 1/3 to 1/2 the way out to get to 6.5 degrees.

On my MET, I have to almost turn them out to the very highest position to get 6.5.

Anyone else experience this with MET?

#16240 4 years ago

My MET seems off from the rest of my pins. Most of them have the rear legs turned out 1/3 to 1/2 the way out to get to 6.5 degrees.
On my MET, I have to almost turn them out to the very highest position to get 6.5.

Same
I'd say I'm at 3/4

#16241 4 years ago

Mine pro is not like that. Are you measuring on the glass or the pf?

#16242 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Mine pro is not like that. Are you measuring on the glass or the pf?

Haha the pf.

To get the bubble between the lines, and get my digital level to read 6.5, I almost have the turn them out all the way.

#16243 4 years ago

I did forget to mention that when I raised the pitch, I also cleaned and waxed the pf.
I had no idea waxing could cause bricking on the targets, so i attributed it to the pitch.
I still think the targets should drop on contact, am I right? Is it time to adjust spring tension?
Do I just cut the springs shorter?

When the game plays fast, sometimes the drop targets bounce back to the resting position after a hit before the spring as had a chance to pull it down.

#16244 4 years ago

Get a digital torpedo level and don't even look at the bubble beside your playfield. Mine is at 6.8-6.9. If you're going to use a phone app make sure to take it out of the protective case..not sure what I think of those apps tho.

#16245 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Get a digital torpedo level and don't even look at the bubble beside your playfield. Mine is at 6.8-6.9. If you're going to use a phone app make sure to take it out of the protective case..not sure what I think of those apps tho.

I use a digital torpedo, and with the legs cranked all the way out, the level in the center of the pf reads 6.5.

How are you getting 6.8-6.9?

#16246 4 years ago

I use a digital torpedo, and with the legs cranked all the way out, the level in the center of the pf reads 6.5.
How are you getting 6.8-6.9?

Try taking measurements at different areas of pf like at flippers or up top.

#16247 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Try taking measurements at different areas of pf like at flippers or up top.

Ive noticed that it changes also from top to bottom. Are you supposed to put it in the top, bottom, or middle?

#16248 4 years ago

Does anyone know if you can dim the flashers a little?
The first round flasher on the playfield under plastic behind the rising cross (premium) is killing me! I tried lowering it and I’m about to just drop it down below!

99BAEA95-D831-423A-8DCA-A583066F9322 (resized).jpeg99BAEA95-D831-423A-8DCA-A583066F9322 (resized).jpeg
#16249 4 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Does anyone know if you can dim the flashers a little?
The first round flasher on the playfield behind the rising cross (premium) is killing me! I tried lowering it and I’m about to just drop it down below!

I put a bendy and pointed away from my eyes. I did this with some of the piston area gi as well.

#16250 4 years ago

Sorry. I have a pro. May be different. My mistake

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 21,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/325?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.