C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 434.
#16101 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Thank you. The game is still in my garage so I haven’t been able to get a lot of time on it (should have it in the game room this weekend). I’m going to carefully study the rule sheet this week. Glad to add this one to the collection. Awesome game and I really wanted a music themed game.

YouTube ‘ Learn To Play Metallica Premium Pinball’. It’s by Buffalo Pinball. Best Metallica Pinball tutorial. Don’t worry about it saying Premium he references the difference between the Pro and Premium.

#16102 5 years ago

Eyeball target to replace the plain square blue one in FUEL lane. Had pinball refinery put it in my game when I ordered my pin from them 5 years ago. I believe it from tales from the crypt pin, but fits MET's theme well. Just thought I post this give others ideas to switch the blue square one.

Screenshot_20190415-195638_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190415-195638_Chrome (resized).jpg
#16103 5 years ago

I joined the club not long ago.
One of the last on the line.
It even matches my carpet...

IMG_3040 (resized).JPGIMG_3040 (resized).JPG
#16104 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Thank you. The game is still in my garage so I haven’t been able to get a lot of time on it (should have it in the game room this weekend). I’m going to carefully study the rule sheet this week. Glad to add this one to the collection. Awesome game and I really wanted a music themed game.

The tunaturial is ok and the papa tutorial (while extremely outdated) is a nice run through.
Once you know the basic rule set, check out this video of Jack Danger and the Stern boys playing 1.8 code at the Stern factory

#16105 5 years ago

Anyone try claiming a broken Sparky foot under warranty? My MET is less than a year old with around 500 plays on it. Kinda disappointed to see him missing a foot already. Not thrilled about dropping $200 on a new Sparky less than a year in.

IMG_2905 (resized).jpgIMG_2905 (resized).jpg
#16106 5 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Anyone try claiming a broken Sparky foot under warranty? My MET is less than a year old with around 500 plays on it. Kinda disappointed to see him missing a foot already. Not thrilled about dropping $200 on a new Sparky less than a year in.
[quoted image]

I think it's time you put your foot down!

#16107 5 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

A little epoxy and that’ll be better than new.

#16108 5 years ago

So, is Stern done with Metallica?
I've heard they're done for the foreseeable future. I've also heard that they're about to do one final run, soon. Same with AC/DC?

#16109 5 years ago

I thought they had already done the final run on Metallica, but maybe Im miss remembering. I thought that AC/DC, Metallica and Star Trek all got the final cuts. Makes sense with all the new stuff coming soonish.

#16110 5 years ago

Metallica is done. But maybe you can find a distributor with stock left.

#16111 5 years ago

I recently bought a Nib Metallica Pro. I had to call over a dozen distributors to find stock. Most had only 1 or none available. All said Stern was done with Metallica.

#16112 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I thought they had already done the final run on Metallica, but maybe Im miss remembering. I thought that AC/DC, Metallica and Star Trek all got the final cuts. Makes sense with all the new stuff coming soonish.

That's what I thought too. A guy was saying how they were doing a final run of Star Trek with a special tag on it and the same with Metallica. Star Trek is still listed under the current games on the Stern website, but not Metallica. So, I guess he was half right....

#16113 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I joined the club not long ago.
One of the last on the line.
It even matches my carpet...[quoted image]

I like that carpet, I need to replace mine soon. Where did you find that carpet at? Thanks. I too just picked up a used Metallica Pro Friday. Liking it so much thinking about buying a NIB and put this on location somewhere or sale it.

#16114 5 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

So, is Stern done with Metallica?
I've heard they're done for the foreseeable future. I've also heard that they're about to do one final run, soon. Same with AC/DC?

Last week I called two distributors who had stock and both confirmed what they had was it and no more machines were coming from Stern. Even though I enjoy NIB I found a nice local deal this past Saturday and avoided the NIB route.

There is stock if you want one... but get it now!

#16115 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I like that carpet, I need to replace mine soon. Where did you find that carpet at? Thanks. I too just picked up a used Metallica Pro Friday. Liking it so much thinking about buying a NIB and put this on location somewhere or sale it.

Just Google black light carpet. Joy Carpet is one.

#16116 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

It's called Vegas ll by Brintons

#16117 5 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

[quoted image]

I bought a met wit broken sparky feet. I ended up 3d printing a set of feet that I attached to sparky. Looked fine when done. I could make some for people if needed.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sparky-shoes-busted-my-fix#post-4415271

#16118 5 years ago

I also didn’t like the idea of glueing teeth onto the snake and wanted a robust solution so I 3d printed them in a very flexible rubber with attachment around the post under the snake head. That way they can flex and get hit no problem and shouldn’t ever come off.
95DFAA6A-161E-43FD-A084-F8239792062B (resized).jpeg95DFAA6A-161E-43FD-A084-F8239792062B (resized).jpegE8DF584A-3E96-45C3-A513-2917F5D9576C (resized).jpegE8DF584A-3E96-45C3-A513-2917F5D9576C (resized).jpeg

#16119 5 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

I also didn’t like the idea of glueing teeth onto the snake and wanted a robust solution so I 3d printed them in a very flexible rubber with attachment around the post under the snake head. That way they can flex and get hit no problem and shouldn’t ever come off.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Who is glueing their teeth in? That's a terrible idea. You loosen one screw, insert teeth, tighten screw. You are over thinking the wheel.

#16120 5 years ago

Mezel looks more like real teeth and install in 5min without taking the snake apart.

20190418_110523 (resized).jpg20190418_110523 (resized).jpg
#16121 5 years ago

Joined the club tonight! Flintstones out, Metallica in!!!!

20190418_185618 (resized).jpg20190418_185618 (resized).jpg
#16122 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Joined the club tonight! Flintstones out, Metallica in!!!!
[quoted image]

no comparison between the two. congrats on a fantastic upgrade in line up

#16123 5 years ago

I've got the itch for a Met Pro. If you guys know of anyone looking to get rid of theirs, please let me know. I'm trying not to spend too much more than $4000ish. If it has mods that I actually care about and isn't too far, I'd possibly be willing to pay more. More stock the better and routed is fine (just not beat to death). I'm willing to drive up to 4-5 hours from the Cleveland/Pittsburgh region.

Thanks!

#16124 5 years ago

I have a mint HUO premium roadcase. With shaker pinblades.plus some other mods. .has not moved since set up..$6500....

#16125 5 years ago

I've got a Metallica Premium that was made in mid 2018. Occasionally the hammer magnet grabs the ball and the hammer grab noise happens, and I think it's gonna send the hammer down to lock it, but then the magnet just releases the ball dropping it SDTM without the hammer firing or anything else happening. It's like the whole hammer lock sequence just abruptly cuts off in the middle for some reason. This seems very odd, and it's frustrating because of the SDTM thing. I also never expect it, so I'm ready for the hammer to fire and instead the ball just drops and catches me off guard, LOL.

Anyone else have this happen? Seems like abnormal behavior.

#16126 5 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

I've got the itch for a Met Pro. If you guys know of anyone looking to get rid of theirs, please let me know. I'm trying not to spend too much more than $4000ish. If it has mods that I actually care about and isn't too far, I'd possibly be willing to pay more. More stock the better and routed is fine (just not beat to death). I'm willing to drive up to 4-5 hours from the Cleveland/Pittsburgh region.
Thanks!

I'd say you'll have a hard time finding one at that price unless it is beat to death. MET pro's seem to be holding steady at around $5000 to $5300. I know I wouldn't sell mine for much less than that

#16127 5 years ago
Quoted from britrex1:

I'd say you'll have a hard time finding one at that price unless it is beat to death. MET pro's seem to be holding steady at around $5000 to $5300. I know I wouldn't sell mine for much less than that

Well, I just got done setting this up. I had to drive a few hours this morning to get it, but I got it well within my price range and it's HUO and in gorgeous shape. I sure hope this doesn't mean the market is about to collapse....

met (resized).jpgmet (resized).jpg
#16128 5 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Well, I just got done setting this up. I had to drive a few hours this morning to get it, but I got it well within my price range and it's HUO and in gorgeous shape. I sure hope this doesn't mean the market is about to collapse....
[quoted image]

If you got that for $4000 then you got a steal on it. I'm sure you will enjoy it. So far it's the second most fun pin I've ever owned or played

#16129 5 years ago
Quoted from britrex1:

If you got that for $4000 then you got a steal on it. I'm sure you will enjoy it. So far it's the second most fun pin I've ever owned or played

After??
Maiden?

#16130 5 years ago

Tron LE

#16131 5 years ago

Joined the club today. Dr. Who out.

20190420_162158 (resized).jpg20190420_162158 (resized).jpg
#16132 5 years ago
Quoted from britrex1:

Not $4000 flat, but close enough. Especially, with how beautiful of condition it is in.

#16133 5 years ago

Just added a Polk subwoofer last night. What a difference! Highly recommended addition.

#16134 5 years ago

Lol

#16135 5 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

[quoted image]

Why should it matter if you're not selling? Market could drop to $1 for Metallica and wouldn't worry me. Not selling this title anytime soon if at all
It's one game I really enjoy..... A lot

#16136 5 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Not $4000 flat, but close enough. Especially, with how beautiful of condition it is in.

Congrats! The deals are still out there, you just gotta be patient and a little lucky. I got my Met Premium several years ago with powder coated trim and flipper fidelity speakers and sub for $5600. A guy local to me just got a Transformers LE, HUO, and I mean just like NIB. Less than 200 plays.... $3,000.

#16137 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Congrats! The deals are still out there, you just gotta be patient and a little lucky. I got my Met Premium several years ago with powder coated trim and flipper fidelity speakers and sub for $5600. A guy local to me just got a Transformers LE, HUO, and I mean just like NIB. Less than 200 plays.... $3,000.

That's insane for a TF LE. The seller must have had to feed his coke habit or something.

Back to Metallica. I'm loving it, but the infamous "Borg bounce" on the left is rather infuriating at times.
Great game, otherwise.

#16138 5 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

That's insane for a TF LE. The seller must have had to feed his coke habit or something.
Back to Metallica. I'm loving it, but the infamous "Borg bounce" on the left is rather infuriating at times.
Great game, otherwise.

That's why I cheat and put rubber rings on the left outermost lane guide. Just makes it more fair for me.

#16139 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

That's why I cheat and put rubber rings on the left outermost lane guide. Just makes it more fair for me.

That bounce actually calms down over time. Just play it unless you have a bunch of pins to spend time on!

#16140 5 years ago

I have Metallica Premium MONSTERS for sale. Mint condition with Only 74 Plays. Shaker motor with attenuator, snake mods, etc. $6600

PM me if interested.
I can deliver to Allentown show on Friday.

20190417_214244 (resized).jpg20190417_214244 (resized).jpg
#16141 5 years ago

long time lurker, first time owner. I love my Pro and in scanning the topic I see that many of you have added more songs to the game. as a noob I am worried about screwing up the game. if any of you kind folks could pm a dumbed down explanation of how to do it I would really appreciate it. thanks in advance.

#16142 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

long time lurker, first time owner. I love my Pro and in scanning the topic I see that many of you have added more songs to the game. as a noob I am worried about screwing up the game. if any of you kind folks could pm a dumbed down explanation of how to do it I would really appreciate it. thanks in advance.

Whoever puts it together might as well post it here for the rest up us that don't know how to do it.

#16143 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Why should it matter if you're not selling? Market could drop to $1 for Metallica and wouldn't worry me. Not selling this title anytime soon if at all
It's one game I really enjoy..... A lot

The only reason I would consider selling mine right now would be to upgrade to a premium.

#16144 5 years ago

To add new songs to the game, you need to use Pinball Browser. All the info is over here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

#16145 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

To add new songs to the game, you need to use Pinball Browser. All the info is over here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

sweet lord, I understand nothing about that.....

#16146 5 years ago

Ive been tossing around the idea of picking up a Met or Deadpool Pro. I've never purchased a NIB before so my question is would there be any benefit to purchasing a NIB Metallica Pro at this point? I've seen a few used pros pop up for under $5,000 and the cheapest NIB Ive seen is $5,599+Free shipping but its in state which means I would have to add ~7% sales tax. Are there extra things you get with a NIB? Thanks in advance.

#16147 5 years ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

Ive been tossing around the idea of picking up a Met or Deadpool Pro. I've never purchased a NIB before so my question is would there be any benefit to purchasing a NIB Metallica Pro at this point? I've seen a few used pros pop up for under $5,000 and the cheapest NIB Ive seen is $5,599+Free shipping but its in state which means I would have to add ~7% sales tax. Are there extra things you get with a NIB? Thanks in advance.

Depends on the reputation from the distributor. Do they help make things right if there are issues? When you pick up a used machine any problem is your responsibility after the cash is exchanged. Having said that, any machine will eventually have problems, so you are going to need to learn to fix them at some point anyway. In some ways used machines are "battle tested".

#16148 5 years ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

Well you get the new game smell for one.

#16149 5 years ago

I dont mind working on my machines, I kinda enjoy it. I guess it all boils down too the new game smell. Makes my decision a little easier. Thanks.

#16150 5 years ago

that and a warranty. having one or 2 boards require service or playfield issues could be worth the price of admission with a NIB. I'm not saying that it happens a lot, but it is piece of mind

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 149.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 29.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 12.95
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/323?hl=brewninja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.