2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,662 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 434.
#15951 5 years ago
Quoted from lazyfatdog:

So I'm waiting on delivery of my NIB Met Pro (unbelievably excited) and have been working my way through this thread. Mostly what I'm trying to figure out is, are there any mods that are strongly recommended for purchase/installation prior to setting up the pin?

Mylar ring for sparky magnet
Extended sparky protector
Snake fangs and tongue decal
Creeping death side art blades

#15952 5 years ago
Quoted from lazyfatdog:

So I'm waiting on delivery of my NIB Met Pro (unbelievably excited) and have been working my way through this thread. Mostly what I'm trying to figure out is, are there any mods that are strongly recommended for purchase/installation prior to setting up the pin?

Congrats on your first pin. Enjoy the new pin smell.

#15953 5 years ago

Have a bunch of mods for sale. All in mint condition.

Also have UV lightning rods available if interested.

PM and we can make a bundled deal.

IMG_20190308_152340 (resized).jpgIMG_20190308_152340 (resized).jpg
#15954 5 years ago
Quoted from lazyfatdog:

External subwoofer and a shaker. Welcome to the club.

#15955 5 years ago

Joined the club Thursday! Still need to start and make my way though this thread as this was an unplanned purchase - normally I read the club threads first. Thanks to my distro Nick from Big Toys for talking though this game (his favorite) and connecting me with Melissa from Cointaker who had one Premium left - both folks are great to work with!!! Put a few games on it and man - I love it already! What a combination of art, sound, lights and playfield design!

MET 2 (resized).jpegMET 2 (resized).jpeg
#15956 5 years ago
Quoted from lazyfatdog:

I would just play it. Perhaps install a shooter lane cliffy when you get the chance. Get some Windex and paper towels to clean the glass. The rest of the stuff is just a distraction and wastes time you could be using to play pinball.

#15957 5 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Joined the club Thursday! Still need to start and make my way though this thread as this was an unplanned purchase - normally I read the club threads first. Thanks to my distro Nick from Big Toys for talking though this game (his favorite) and connecting me with Melissa from Cointaker who had one Premium left - both folks are great to work with!!! Put a few games on it and man - I love it already! What a combination of art, sound, lights and playfield design!
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club. I've had my Refinery Pro for over 4 years and can't see it ever leaving.

#15958 5 years ago

Having a strobing issue with my gi's. I find it I push against the cable towards the connector the strobing stops but when released is back immediately or after a few games. This was at the pf end. I reseated both ends to no avail. Any ideas please

#15959 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Having a strobing issue with my gi's. I find it I push against the cable towards the connector the strobing stops but when released is back immediately or after a few games. This was at the pf end. I reseated both ends to no avail. Any ideas please

Metallica has a problem with the power distribution board building up resistance over time on the connectors. It's on the board near the top third (bottom third if raised) of the underside of the playfield. If you remove the connector you can turn it over and see if it's browned. If it is, that's likely part or all of your problem. Replace the connector and the pins it connects to.

#15960 5 years ago

Greetings again,

For those of you that replaced your diverter post to the metal one, have you noticed any new issues, specifically related to your pinballs?

When I was inspecting my pinballs today, after just about a week with the metal diverter and probably about 70 plays, one of my balls has dimples all over it and is starting to resemble a golf ball, ok not THAT BAD, but can only imagine it will get worse. I am using non-chrome and standard carbon balls from ballbarron as I tried the chromes and just after 60 plays they already started sticking together and became magnetized.

So I guess my main question is, will these dimples on the balls cause any issues, like more playfield wear due to the bumpier rolls (I know sounded weird typing it, not sure how else to word it)?

I can only assume it is from continuous contact with that metal post.

Thanks for all the help.

#15961 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Greetings again,
For those of you that replaced your diverter post to the metal one, have you noticed any new issues, specifically related to your pinballs?
When I was inspecting my pinballs today, after just about a week with the metal diverter and probably about 70 plays, one of my balls has dimples all over it and is starting to resemble a golf ball, ok not THAT BAD, but can only imagine it will get worse. I am using non-chrome and standard carbon balls from ballbarron as I tried the chromes and just after 60 plays they already started sticking together and became magnetized.
So I guess my main question is, will these dimples on the balls cause any issues, like more playfield wear due to the bumpier rolls (I know sounded weird typing it, not sure how else to word it)?
Thanks for all the help.

Dimpled balls indicates that they were not properly hardened. Replace them. Try some from another source.

#15962 5 years ago

Greetings again,
Thanks for all the help.

I made that post swap a few years ago and have never had this issue.

#15963 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Dimpled balls indicates that they were not properly hardened. Replace them. Try some from another source.

Quoted from yzfguy:

I made that post swap a few years ago and have never had this issue.

Thanks for the quick reply and that sux.

Any suggestions on best place for replacements as ballbarron had really good feedback and PBL hasn’t had any shiny balls in for a while.

Only other place I know of is Marco’s regular ones but $2.99 a pop, yikes.

Last question, until I get replacements, week or so, is it ok to use the ones I have or will they cause damage or anything? Only ones I have are other chrome ones?

#15964 5 years ago

Anybody know what the going rate for an Aurich Hammer would be.

#15965 5 years ago

Anyone ever have to take the disappearing ball apart. Specifically I am talking about getting the Loctite off the washer.

IMG_20190309_164936 (resized).jpgIMG_20190309_164936 (resized).jpg
#15966 5 years ago

Disregard, found the missing connector.

Thanks

#15967 5 years ago
Quoted from lockislit:

Anyone ever have to take the disappearing ball apart. Specifically I am talking about getting the Loctite off the washer.
[quoted image]

Hold a soldering iron tip against the nut until it warms up enough to loosen.
Edit: I may have misunderstood your question but I hope this helps.

If you are talking about the upper row of lights on the backboard, they are gi lights. Behind the panel is flashers.
Its Sunday morning so my brain is foggy

#15968 5 years ago

Last question, until I get replacements, week or so, is it ok to use the ones I have or will they cause damage or anything? Only ones I have are other chrome ones?

They should be fine. I just wouldn’t leave them in long term. I take my balls out every few months and polish them in a Berry vibratory tumbler. If I find any balls with nicks or dimples, they get tossed.

#15969 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Anybody know what the going rate for an Aurich Hammer would be.

$10,000 by Christmas!

J/K, dont see them going up for sale very often though. My #19 stays with the METLE#199 for life!

#15970 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

$10,000 by Christmas!
J/K, dont see them going up for sale very often though. My #19 stays with the METLE#199 for life!

#13 isn't going anywhere either

#15971 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Metallica has a problem with the power distribution board building up resistance over time on the connectors. It's on the board near the top third (bottom third if raised) of the underside of the playfield. If you remove the connector you can turn it over and see if it's browned. If it is, that's likely part or all of your problem. Replace the connector and the pins it connects to.

Thanks pins and connectors look new. Reseated and inspected all the cn connectors and all look good. No strobe but I think it will come back shortly. I think maybe the rj connector as while strobing if I push the cable towards the connector it can stop the strobe

#15972 5 years ago
Quoted from lazyfatdog:

I would def recommend the Sparky plastic. I got crazy airballs before I put that in.
Also, some Cliffys, especially for the scoop hole, the rings for around the magnets (to prevent mushrooming), and maybe the switch slot inlanes.

#15973 5 years ago

Anyone looking for a set of NOS backbox decals for the LE? Looking to sell cheap or trade for a set of Pro decals. PM me.

#15974 5 years ago

Just installed the hammer bought from spinny-vinny, I like it, it’s thinner and looks better imo.

1C308EBB-0A88-4C01-A86A-4E0666E8EC26 (resized).jpeg1C308EBB-0A88-4C01-A86A-4E0666E8EC26 (resized).jpeg38FCFA88-E996-45A4-81A8-D2B118648DBD (resized).jpeg38FCFA88-E996-45A4-81A8-D2B118648DBD (resized).jpeg
#15975 5 years ago

That hammer definitely looks good on there!

#15976 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Just installed the hammer bought from spinny-vinny, I like it, it’s thinner and looks better imo.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Are you considering a custom sparky from him as well?!?! I clearly recommend still never met the man.. told him I'm buying him a beer when we do!

#15977 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Are you considering a custom sparky from him as well?!?! I clearly recommend still never met the man.. told him I'm buying him a beer when we do!

Does he still sell the hammers?

#15978 5 years ago

Yes , contact him he has 2 versions the other one has a skull on it.

#15979 5 years ago

That hammer looks awesome!

#15981 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Sent him a pm, thanks.

#15982 5 years ago

Check out the rule cards from Mikonos.

IMG_20190314_205709 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_205709 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_205714 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_205714 (resized).jpg
#15983 5 years ago

Looking for examples of songs and length that peeps have swapped out with pinbrowser .. or is there examples on that website?!?!

#15984 5 years ago

You can use whatever song you want, some of the clips are almost nine minutes long. so you can even have two songs in one clip, The name of the song can be changed in the selection screen as well. Some songs are attached to multi ball or modes

#15985 5 years ago

ISO: Copy of v1.7 PRO Game Code

If you have a minute and can forward the file to me as an email attachment, please PM me and I will give you email address.

Thanks!

#15986 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

ISO: Copy of v1.7 PRO Game Code
If you have a minute and can forward the file to me as an email attachment, please PM me and I will give you email address.
Thanks!

VPUniverse keeps a good back catalogue of roms, I think this is the one you're looking for: http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/5265-metallica-v17/

#15987 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

You can use whatever song you want, some of the clips are almost nine minutes long. so you can even have two songs in one clip, The name of the song can be changed in the selection screen as well. Some songs are attached to multi ball or modes

I'm keeping the multiball/CIU's.. just looking to see what other people put in for the other songs

#15988 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm keeping the multiball/CIU's.. just looking to see what other people put in for the other songs

If you go to the top of the page and click "Find in Topic," and then type "song replacement," you get about 10 posts where people have posted their different changes.

#15989 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Check out the rule cards from Mikonos.[quoted image][quoted image]

Are these for sale?

#15990 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Are these for sale?

Contact Mikonos

#15991 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

If you go to the top of the page and click "Find in Topic," and then type "song replacement," you get about 10 posts where people have posted their different changes.

I tried that and got nothing. do you have any post#'s with examples of songs that peeps have swapped out?!

#15992 5 years ago

New MET owner here. Awesome game!

7AF54E2D-2336-4394-87E8-298FAD75F797 (resized).jpeg7AF54E2D-2336-4394-87E8-298FAD75F797 (resized).jpeg
#15993 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I tried that and got nothing. do you have any post#'s with examples of songs that peeps have swapped out?!

Quoted from Sparky:

I agree with Hougie. Lady Justice mode starts with the final two minutes of "One." The final two minutes of "And Justice For All" is perfect for this mode because it begins to slow the pace as the mode is winding down. I used AJFA as a replacement for "One" for a while, but then I tried something different where I still get the final 2 mins of AJFA on Lady Justice mode (see notes below).
Over the last 2 1/2 years, I've posted my different song changes a few times, but I know there are a lot of new owners, so here they are again, including my reasoning:
Four Horsemen (Removed the original Ride the Lightening, but brought it back in a different spot).
Ride the Lightening (removed Creeping Death; plays RTL from the beginning during Sparky MB instead of the middle; I hated that RTL didn't start from the beginning during multiball, and it's a much better build-up during the "electrocution").
Enter Sandman (louder version)
My Apocolypse, and then it fades into the last two minutes of ...And Justice For All (removed One; During Lady Justice ramp mode, it will play the last two minutes of AJFA, which provides an awesome pace and starts to slow as the mode comes to an end; If I choose "My Apocolypse" during gameplay, it will fade out and fade into AJFA for the remainder of the song).
Am I Evil? (removed Sad But True; AIE? plays during Snake MB)
Shortest Straw (removed Unforgiven; SS plays a short riff at the end of the game)
The rest of the songs are unchanged.
Battery (no change; Crank It Up mode)
Blackened (no change; Band member mode)
Fade to Black (no change; Crank It Up mode)
For Whom the Bell Tolls (no change; Coffin MB)
Fuel (no change; Fuel mode)
Master of Puppets (no change; Graveyard MB)
Seek and Destroy (no change; S&D mode)
End of the Line (no change; not a choice at beginning of game, only wizard mode)
A random call out during the snake vomit match feature: my daughter saying in a worried voice, "Mommy, what happened to Fluffy?" (a slight homage to the end of the song Breadfan where the creepy voice says, "Mommy, where's Fluffy?" I tried to use that actual sound byte, but it's way too long for any of the call out slots for match).
A random call out during attract mode when the flipper button is pressed: Enter Sandman riff with my daughter saying, "Now I lay me down to sleep."

#15994 5 years ago

I'm fixing to join the club. I've got a NIB MET PRO LED on order.
Already ordered Snake fangs and tongue decal. I can only find the sparky airball protector at pinbits in a complete plastics set. Do y'all recommend the entire set or is just the sparky protector sufficient? Also do y'all like the pinbits green dress plastics, Mezel orange plastics or keep em original clear? Any help as to which is best and where can I find a single sparky protector?

#15995 5 years ago
Quoted from bigcat68:

Already ordered Snake fangs and tongue decal. I can only find the sparky airball protector at pinbits in a complete plastics set. Do y'all recommend the entire set or is just the sparky protector sufficient? Also do y'all like the pinbits green dress plastics, Mezel orange plastics or keep em original clear? Any help as to which is best and where can I find a single sparky protector?

I bought the green Pinbits Kit
I requested the clear sparky with itd which is a must!
I only installed the sparky and out lanes so far . I may just do the slings also.
After that , Im personally not getting involved with the rest after looking at it.
The green looks good on out lane and slings
I think the sparky needs to be clear imo.
If I was to do it all again, I’d just get all clear. Whatever you’re into.:
Have fun! Metallica is awesome!

#15996 5 years ago
Quoted from bigcat68:

I’ve installed the green pinbits on my pro and the look great under light and at night

55CEC672-EA1B-4728-A3A7-064C7B453BA8 (resized).jpeg55CEC672-EA1B-4728-A3A7-064C7B453BA8 (resized).jpegDCB441C5-8125-4182-ACE7-CC76E58FC361 (resized).jpegDCB441C5-8125-4182-ACE7-CC76E58FC361 (resized).jpeg
#15997 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

I created a video of the install of the hammer mods about a year ago. I show both the hammer and skull from Vinny in the video. They both look great.

Blog Post with Pics and order info
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/04/04/mods-installing-spinny-vinny-skull-and-hammer-mod-into-metallica-prem-or-le-pinball-video/

#15998 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I bought the green Pinbits Kit
I requested the clear sparky with itd which is a must!

I think the green looks beyond terrible and removed them all. I have a whole Marco green protector set in my drawer if someone wants to buy them for cheap. I prefer the original awesome colors the way Dirty Donny intended them to be.

#15999 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I think the green looks beyond terrible and removed them all. I have a whole Marco green protector set in my drawer if someone wants to buy them for cheap. I prefer the original awesome colors the way Dirty Donny intended them to be.

the way that the edges light up is nice on both the green and orange in lane and sling protectors, but the fact that all of the original colours are washed out kind of negates the feature.

given that companies like bandai can injection mold a single spruce for model kits with upwards of 8 colors of polystyrene, I would think that someone would be able to tool up something similar (but then again, it might not be cost effective since each machine seems to have different shaped sling and in lane plastics

#16000 5 years ago

Questions for owners:
1. Which Mystery hole protector is best? Cliffy, Mantis or Marco. And why.
2. Best pinballs to buy to replace stock stern balls?
3. Best magnet protector? Mylar, carbon fiber, metal cliffy?

Please let me know as I've got a NIB on order I'm planning to protect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 21,662 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/320 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.