C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 319 of 434.
#15901 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Will do, it's below and just let me know if it doesn't work as I don't do much with Google Drive. I'll also edit my original post with the link and wait for more feedback if others feel that I should create a separate thread.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PCToZpxWWMWjtYyTsMeq-VCoACMcMH35

Cool thanks! Its nice to have a pdf file all in one place!

#15902 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Mine doesn’t do that. I have an original run Pro.

Maybe it does but your dmd turns off immediately. Mine is on for a good 10 seconds on power down

#15903 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Maybe it does but your dmd turns off immediately. Mine is on for a good 10 seconds on power down

His makes the beeping sound as well.... I don’t get that.

#15904 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Your dmd stays on for ten seconds after you flip the switch? I have never seen that on any pin.

#15905 5 years ago

My bad meant to be good 1 second but you can see the msg easily

#15906 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have an led run premium with metal backbox. Just double checked to see if I'm crazy and when I flip the switch, it just shuts off. No message.

Huh... Weren't all Premiums LED? Early Pros were not LED until Stern decided to make everything LED hence two versions of the Pro.

#15907 5 years ago

I have pro led and it shuts down immediately without any sound or messages. Never seen a game stay on for a while after switched off.

#15908 5 years ago

Does anyone sell clear plastics protectors?
I dont like the orange or green ones. I could see maybe purple but I think clear is what I'm after.
Thanks.

#15909 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I dont like the orange or green ones. I could see maybe purple but I think clear is what I'm after.
Thanks.

Marcos sells them. When I first got my Premium it only had like ten games on it but the previous owner already put on a full set of the fluorescent green protectors. They looked TERRIBLE. It changes the colors in the whole game and not in a good way. I bought a clear set and now the game is back to being colorful as Dirty Donny drew it up! The green ones are in a drawer somewhere.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CG2539

I also got one of these while I was at it:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/830-6921-51

#15910 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Thanks.

Or you can get these where it doesn't wash out the art in color since the middle is cut out and still have color on the edges.

https://truecolorprotectors.com/products/metallica-pro-pinball-truecolor-plastic-protectors

#15911 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I have pro led and it shuts down immediately without any sound or messages. Never seen a game stay on for a while after switched off.

Maybe it's a hertz thing. I noticed the same on my Spiderman. There is a slight delay in the dmd shutting down. I've also noticed once in powering up my Spiderman where it verifies the code.

#15912 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Anyone know why the game has the message and alert sound when shutting down?

#15913 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Or you can get these where it doesn't wash out the art in color since the middle is cut out and still have color on the edges.
https://truecolorprotectors.com/products/metallica-pro-pinball-truecolor-plastic-protectors

I don't recommend those. I got them and all sling protectors broke fairly quick. With the cutout, plastic is just too thin and weak. Just get the solid clear ones. I like the color but not at expense of turding up artwork.

Speaking of slings, anyone have problem of slings causing airballs? Mine can send balls flying. Had right sling throw ball completely over playfield into left outlane last night during a CIU mode. Pissed me off. Seems to be worse lately and none of my other games do this.

#15914 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

peaking of slings, anyone have problem of slings causing airballs?

If the switches open up some it allows the ball to push further back on the rubber before it kicks. This may cause the ball to lift off easier. Might want to check the switches.

#15915 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

If the switches open up some it allows the ball to push further back on the rubber before it kicks. This may cause the ball to lift off easier. Might want to check the switches.

Didn't think of that but you are right. They are gaped pretty wide especially the right one. Going to adjust them. Thanks!

#15916 5 years ago

Price reduced in Minneapolis...

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “(Relisting after local sale fell through) For Sale: Stern Metallica PRO $7K invested March, 2018, build date HUO, c. 200 plays, minty No issues Mods/Upgrades ($1400): 1. Co...”
2019-03-02
Minneapolis, MN
5,400 (OBO)
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 555 times

#15917 5 years ago

I appreciate the 2 responses I got about the plastics protectors but not quite what im after.
I definitely dont want the cut out ones as I have had more than one person tell me they are junk. I dont need the kit that has ALL the plastics either. I just want some clear protectors for the slings and ball guides but they only seem to be green or orange.
Any other options? The guy I'm buying my maiden protection from doesn't make Metallica ones.

#15918 5 years ago

Technical Question.....
It’s only happened a couple times....
The ball would come out into the Shooter lane so hard that it would bounce off the side wood and go back down inside where it came from!
Unfortunately it happened but I had a very good score going on the second bo unfortunately it happened but I had a very good score going on the second ball!
Sometimes it searches for it but it’s not strong enough to kick it out .
is there anyway to adjust this or a way to kick the ball out safely manually?

#15919 5 years ago

I guess you could open coin door, and manually operate the trough plunger to pop a ball up into shooter lane. This happens infrequently, but my machines have never not had enough strength to push out a ball (usually both stacked up come out).

Alternatively you could take the glass off, use a telescopic magnet and stick it in the trough output and snag the top ball to put in shooter lane.

#15920 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I guess you could open coin door, and manually operate the trough plunger to pop a ball up into shooter lane. This happens infrequently, but my machines have never not had enough strength to push out a ball (usually both stacked up come out).
Alternatively you could take the glass off, use a telescopic magnet and stick it in the trough output and snag the top ball to put in shooter lane.

When this happens it doesn’t usually cycle through to find the ball unless, I’m not waiting long enough?
How much time does it usually take before it may start looking for the ball?

#15921 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I appreciate the 2 responses I got about the plastics protectors but not quite what im after.
I definitely dont want the cut out ones as I have had more than one person tell me they are junk. I dont need the kit that has ALL the plastics either. I just want some clear protectors for the slings and ball guides but they only seem to be green or orange.
Any other options? The guy I'm buying my maiden protection from doesn't make Metallica ones.

found these after searching a few minutes. they do not have protectors for the ball guides (probably because you don't need them)

#15922 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

found these after searching a few minutes. they do not have protectors for the ball guides (probably because you don't need them)

Thanks but that's the same one from earlier. Not needing the guides is debatable but I like how the light is diffused through the lower playfield better with the guards installed.
I just want a set like the ugly orange or green ones at mezel and other shops but in clear (maybe a pale violet would look nice)

#15923 5 years ago

I would reach out to pinbits. they used to carry those sets in clear, just like the extended sparky protector. it may not be listed on their website, but it doesn't hurt to ask if they just forgot to re-add it once they sold out

#15925 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I would reach out to pinbits. they used to carry those sets in clear, just like the extended sparky protector. it may not be listed on their website, but it doesn't hurt to ask if they just forgot to re-add it once they sold out

Thanks. I'll try that.

#15926 5 years ago

Slings and ball guides is all I'm after. That set doesnt have the ball guides either. I didnt think it would be so hard to find clear ones. My iron maiden are an "ice" blue, very neutral. The only Metallica ones I've found are green or orange (or the the cut out style but I've heard nothing but negativity about those ones)

#15927 5 years ago

Its more just a case of I put them in one game and now my OCD wants my games to match.
Same thing with side blades. I want them in any game I own now.

#15928 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

When this happens it doesn’t usually cycle through to find the ball unless, I’m not waiting long enough?
How much time does it usually take before it may start looking for the ball?

5 or 10 seconds I guess before it does a ball search.

Check the two wire connectors on the front and back of the trough. Those work free and get spotty connections that usually are the source of any trough issues I have. Just push them back on.

Also may help to do a trough test (in the menus) watch the DMD and make sure the ball trough switches reflect where the balls are in reality.

#15929 5 years ago

anyone have an thoughts on the new code? i'm debating to get metallica, gb, or octoberfest. or. monster bash. sort of torn on which to get.

#15930 5 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyone have an thoughts on the new code?

Yea it's awesome

#15931 5 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyone have an thoughts on the new code? i'm debating to get metallica, gb, or octoberfest. or. monster bash. sort of torn on which to get.

End of the line got good polish, and it’s easier to get to crank it up modes on default. Game is more fun now.

#15932 5 years ago

Easier to start cross and coffin mb's, too. Don't think anyone here as anything bad to say about game. Best Stern game imo. MBr is fun but kind of shallow. GB has some serious faults and code lacking. Give Octoberfest time to mature and see if worth getting down road. Easy to find nice huo MET for fair price. Game proven winner. No brainer.

#15933 5 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Depends on how you play. If you're above average, and want a game that will last a while at home, I'd take MB out of the equation. Amazing game to play, but I pretty much finished it the second time stepping up to it at my local distributors.

Can't comment on Oktoberfest, other than I'd never want to own it based on theme alone.

Ghostbusters has all the makings of a super fun game, but the flipper gap just kills every bit of interest I could possibly have in it.

Metallica sort of has it all. So much variety in the of and the code. Music, callouts, dots are all great. It's the complete package!

I reached EOTL twice in the first month of owning it on the new code, and since then, I can barely get to the third CIU!

It's a game you want to keep playing over and over again!

#15934 5 years ago

One of the great things about Metallica is that the rules are balanced really well and approachable from different playing strategies. There isn't one single strategy that just obliterates everything else in terms of scoring and game progression. Although the CIU mode Battery doesn't seem to have much favor for some reason.

Rob

#15935 5 years ago

Thank you everyone for your input towards my trough question.
Now I have another.
Can someone tell me what this is or what the purpose of it is? It looks like an unfinished piece for something?
It’s clear and just to the left of the ramp return. I circled in red

ECCA29C2-62E1-440E-B043-E8C0BF1B02DA (resized).jpegECCA29C2-62E1-440E-B043-E8C0BF1B02DA (resized).jpeg
#15936 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Thank you everyone for your input towards my trough question.
Now I have another.
Can someone tell me what this is or what the purpose of it is? It looks like an unfinished piece for something?
It’s clear and just to the left of the ramp return. I circled in red
[quoted image]

If your talking about the clear post, I would imagine that post is there to stop any possible ball hangups behind the ramp mounting nut.

#15937 5 years ago

Yes the clear post.
Are you saying in case the ball pops up on top of that plastic area?

#15938 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Yes the clear post.
Are you saying in case the ball pops up on top of that plastic area?

Yeah. So it doesn’t get stuck up there.

#15939 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. So it doesn’t get stuck up there.

Interesting. Thank you!

#15940 5 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I agree with Damien. I would say Im slightly above average, and I pretty much beat MB after a few games on location. GB I just cant get into. I have played a ton of games on it, but there is just something off for me on it. Oktoberfest, well, I played it at Expo and it seemed ok and has some cool shots, but hard to say at this point. Theme is meh to me, but code could make it awesome. Waiting to play the finished version to see if shots are actually ok unlike Houdini.

I bought Metallica because I got a decent deal on it. I was a little torn because I love the layout, but band pins just aren't my thing (even though I do like the band in this case). I figured I would play it for a few months then get rid of it for something else. Well, its been a few months and I can honestly say that it wont leave my collection. The rules are awesome, it has a good layout, and it can kick your ass. Same reasons I love TWD. Out of your choices, to me its the best choice by far.

#15941 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I agree with Damien. I would say Im slightly above average, and I pretty much beat MB after a few games on location. GB I just cant get into. I have played a ton of games on it, but there is just something off for me on it. Oktoberfest, well, I played it at Expo and it seemed ok and has some cool shots, but hard to say at this point. Theme is meh to me, but code could make it awesome. Waiting to play the finished version to see if shots are actually ok unlike Houdini.
I bought Metallica because I got a decent deal on it. I was a little torn because I love the layout, but band pins just aren't my thing (even though I do like the band in this case). I figured I would play it for a few months then get rid of it for something else. Well, its been a few months and I can honestly say that it wont leave my collection. The rules are awesome, it has a good layout, and it can kick your ass. Same reasons I love TWD. Out of your choices, to me its the best choice by far.

I pretty much have the exact some opinions except not played Oktoberfest. I really wanted to like GB. Great theme and that world under the glass thing. When it came out, I was all set to buy one and loved it the first few times I played it. After getting more plays over time, the fun factor took a sharp dive. MET was the exact opposite. I didn't like it at first because not really a fan of band or art work. First few times playing it didn't really excite me either. Once I started learning some rules and got some more playtime, I was hooked. I've had mine for a few years and still love playing it. Game has the perfect balance where nothing is too hard but still a challenge. Only downside imo is that it's not exactly family friendly.

#15942 5 years ago

The more I play Metallica the more I enjoy it!

Traded a lovely Pro for a newer/nicer Premium. Both versions are excellent.

It’s simply a blast to play - great fun for beginners and experts alike.

The newer code simply added extra frosting to this delicious cake.

#15943 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I pretty much have the exact some opinions except not played Oktoberfest. I really wanted to like GB. Great theme and that world under the glass thing. When it came out, I was all set to buy one and loved it the first few times I played it. After getting more plays over time, the fun factor took a sharp dive. MET was the exact opposite. I didn't like it at first because not really a fan of band or art work. First few times playing it didn't really excite me either. Once I started learning some rules and got some more playtime, I was hooked. I've had mine for a few years and still love playing it. Game has the perfect balance where nothing is too hard but still a challenge. Only downside imo is that it's not exactly family friendly.

You can tone down the callouts.

#15944 5 years ago

Looking for any input to a recent MET PREM problem I am having trouble with.

My right ramp right pick target triggers the right ramp exit switch. I also get a random pop firing at random times, along with the hammer magnent grabbing the ball but not lowering below the playfield.

All of this happened at the same time, nothing has been changed or modded before the issue arrised the other day.

#15945 5 years ago

Could be an air ball that has hit and bent the diode on one of the switches causing a short.

#15946 5 years ago

If you go into switch test, do you see other switches trigger when you hit the pick target?

#15947 5 years ago

The RR target and R ramp exit switch are on the same row. The right pop bumper, R ramp exit , and Coffin magnet are on the same column. Pretty sure your got a diode or wire issue on one of those and I would suspect the R ramp exit switch since it is common to all the others.

met switch matrix (resized).JPGmet switch matrix (resized).JPG
#15948 5 years ago

So I'm waiting on delivery of my NIB Met Pro (unbelievably excited) and have been working my way through this thread. Mostly what I'm trying to figure out is, are there any mods that are strongly recommended for purchase/installation prior to setting up the pin?

#15949 5 years ago
Quoted from lazyfatdog:

So I'm waiting on delivery of my NIB Met Pro (unbelievably excited) and have been working my way through this thread. Mostly what I'm trying to figure out is, are there any mods that are strongly recommended for purchase/installation prior to setting up the pin?

Yes, all the ones you like. Lol

Welcome to the club!!

#15950 5 years ago

snake fangs
snake ramp mod
plastic protectors, including extended sparky plastic to prevent air balls
colordmd
subwoofer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 319 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/319?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.