C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 311 of 434.
#15501 5 years ago

Never understood why they didn't use frosted to begin with. The clear lens bulbs always have blinding spots. Not like the frosted bulbs cost anymore. I replaced all the bulbs in all of my games to frosted.

#15502 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

There were a couple GI leds in direct line of sight that bothered me. I replaced them with Comet Twin 2835 SMD frosted and they look great. About the same brightness as on the stock led-Pro but much easier on the eyes with the frosted lens.

When i installed Total Lightshow on the Pro (since sold) i used Comet 2SMD frosted everywhere for GI. The frosted was much easier on the eyes.

I’d like to do this on the Premium too. Hate clear lens LEDs, but haven’t got around to buying the right volume of coloured bulbs just yet.

#15503 5 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Never understood why they didn't use frosted to begin with. The clear lens bulbs always have blinding spots. Not like the frosted bulbs cost anymore. I replaced all the bulbs in all of my games to frosted.

Which brand of frosted bulbs would you suggest? My Metallica is the led pro

#15504 5 years ago

Comet bulbs are great.

#15506 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Which brand of frosted bulbs would you suggest? My Metallica is the led pro

Like they said, I used the comet twin smd 2835 frosted bulbs.

#15507 5 years ago

I'm having the same problem on my premium with direct shots in snakes mouth not registering and lighting the lit lane. I also had a ball go into the snakes mouth and sit there till the ball search kicked it out. It registers when the snakes mouth is closed in other multi balls and also works in crank it up. Not sure what you mean by registering a snake hit JM? Did something change in the last update? Any direct hit into snakes mouth always lit snake in the flashing outlane outlane before?

#15508 5 years ago
Quoted from GT-500:

I'm having the same problem on my premium with direct shots in snakes mouth not registering and lighting the lit lane. I also had a ball go into the snakes mouth and sit there till the ball search kicked it out. It registers when the snakes mouth is closed in other multi balls and also works in crank it up. Not sure what you mean by registering a snake hit JM? Did something change in the last update? Any direct hit into snakes mouth always lit snake in the flashing outlane outlane before?

I have a pro. But in my case the switch needed adjusted so it is firmly closed with the ball in the snake mouth.

It's weird. The game obviously knew the ball was in the snake cause it would kick it out. But it didn't score it/light snake lane inserts/gimme a snake letter. After I adjusted it that problem went away. Had the same on my mystery hole.

Yours however seems the switch doesnt register at All? If it takes a ball search to kick it out.

#15509 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

We have a Metallica Pro with mirror blades. As you are playing you can see several of the lights through the blades... which is normal, of coarse. But, it’s like staring into a 100 watt light bulb. My eyes hurt when I’m done playing. I really like the mirror blades so I don’t want to get rid of them but have been thinking of swapping out some of these bulbs with either frosted ones or some that are not as bright. When I look at different sites with bulbs I’m lost. What’s a good brand to go with? Is one better than the other? Thank You for your thoughts, input, and direction...

I wanted the glow of extra lights, but not the full mirror for the same reason. So, I put on "black chrome" vinyl wrap on instead of blades. It was $15 and a cool look (IMO.)

#15510 5 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

Is it normal for SAM games like MET to have a rather loud buzz or humming noise from the flipper coils? I checked the EOS switches and they seem to be working fine.

As suggested in the thread, I used automotive gasket material and made a 1 3/8" washer to put between the coil and coil stop. I moved the spring washer to the other side of the coil. I made a short video with before and after sounds. Buzzkill achieved!

#15511 5 years ago

I never noticed before, but if you keep making shots during Lady Justice, the timer basically freezes while doing so.

Rob

#15512 5 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

I wanted the glow of extra lights, but not the full mirror for the same reason. So, I put on "black chrome" vinyl wrap on instead of blades. It was $15 and a cool look (IMO.)

Sounds cool. Any pics of that??

#15513 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I have a pro. But in my case the switch needed adjusted so it is firmly closed with the ball in the snake mouth.
It's weird. The game obviously knew the ball was in the snake cause it would kick it out. But it didn't score it/light snake lane inserts/gimme a snake letter. After I adjusted it that problem went away. Had the same on my mystery hole.
Yours however seems the switch doesnt register at All? If it takes a ball search to kick it out.

Thanks Rick, I was just looking at it and noticed the whole snake head seems a little loose. I'll make sure everything is tight then adjust the switch if needed. It only went into ball search one time where it didn't even know the ball was in there...all the other times it acted like yours and will occasionally work. I'll update with my findings. Thanks for the reply.

#15514 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Sounds cool. Any pics of that??

Here are some images. It's the 1.5' x 5' roll of this stuff:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YLFPLUE/ref=twister_B01LWLR5LR

IMG_1474 (resized).JPGIMG_1474 (resized).JPGIMG_1476 (resized).JPGIMG_1476 (resized).JPGIMG_1479 (resized).JPGIMG_1479 (resized).JPG
#15515 5 years ago

What size screws are used to hold the spinner brackets to the PF?

#15516 5 years ago

Don't take my word for it as I'm only about 80% sure but I think they are #6 screws like this -
https://www.pinballlife.com/6-x-12-unslotted-hex-head-screw.html

#15517 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Don't take my word for it as I'm only about 80% sure but I think they are #6 screws like this -
https://www.pinballlife.com/6-x-12-unslotted-hex-head-screw.html

If that's them any hardware store carries them

#15518 5 years ago

Base of the right spinner:

6B1B82FC-7A96-4F69-845E-CC866194C1CA (resized).jpeg6B1B82FC-7A96-4F69-845E-CC866194C1CA (resized).jpeg80C4A299-22EC-4A84-963A-6BA5EE76CD9A (resized).jpeg80C4A299-22EC-4A84-963A-6BA5EE76CD9A (resized).jpeg

#15519 5 years ago

Thanks guys. Really leaning towards adding spinners to my Pro and want to get everything I need

#15521 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I reached in the snakes mouth and pried the switch trigger wire up a bit with a long skinny screwdriver and all is good now. I think it was a combination of the switch wire and the rules slightly changing with the last update. The first time it's shot into the snakes mouth nothing happens but the second time it lights up two snakes on the out lanes which I never remember happening with the previous update. Anyway all seems good now. Thanks for the tip Rick. Now to do the gasket trick on my noisy flippers

#15522 5 years ago

So...
Last year my wife gave me the birthday present of all birthday presents. Hardwired experience at the Birmingham Metallica show. I waited all year long, and finally went this past Tuesday night! It was awesome.

Before the show, my wife and I went backstage with the band. Hung out with the band, they were all relaxed and cool to hang. I brought 2 pinball translites (including a Monsters, which I received already signed by DD), which they were happy to sign and actually rather stoked because they like to talk pinball! James says he has a MET pin at the house. He says folks that come by and his kids love to play it. Seemed to me that Kirk was the biggest Pinhead. He listed off four or five pinballs that he had in this current collection. My head was spinning, so all I can remember was that he had an Addams Family in the mix...hahaha. And then I went front row for the show... just an absolutely awesome experience. About two songs in, a guy came by and gave me a signed setlist for the night's show.

My head is still spinning about the whole experience. Also before the show, they had a room with all sorts of memorabilia. This also included some old scrap papers they had scribbled on when they were creating some of the songs we all remember. I was blown away....

Thought I would share some pictures from the night.

MVIMG_20190124_032049 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190124_032049 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190124_031951 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190124_031951 (resized).jpgIMG_1487 (resized).jpgIMG_1487 (resized).jpgIMG_1512 (resized).jpgIMG_1512 (resized).jpgIMG_1528 (resized).jpgIMG_1528 (resized).jpgIMG_1434 (resized).jpgIMG_1434 (resized).jpgIMG_1435 (resized).jpgIMG_1435 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190122_223951 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190122_223951 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190122_230945_1 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190122_230945_1 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190122_230945 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190122_230945 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190122_221821 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190122_221821 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190124_032339 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190124_032339 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190122_165758 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190122_165758 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190122_185135 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190122_185135 (resized).jpg

IMG_6154 (resized).jpgIMG_6154 (resized).jpg

#15523 5 years ago

Way cool ChipScott! Thanks for sharing/posting that.

#15524 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

So...
Last year my wife gave me the birthday present of all birthday presents. Hardwired experience at the Birmingham Metallica show. I waited all year long, and finally went this past Tuesday night! It was awesome.
Before the show, my wife and I went backstage with the band. Hung out with the band, they were all relaxed and cool to hang. I brought 2 pinball translites (including a Monsters, which I received already signed by DD), which they were happy to sign and actually rather stoked because they like to talk pinball! James says he has a MET pin at the house. He says folks that come by and his kids love to play it. Seemed to me that Kirk was the biggest Pinhead. He listed off four or five pinballs that he had in this current collection. My head was spinning, so all I can remember was that he had an Addams Family in the mix...hahaha. And then I went front row for the show... just an absolutely awesome experience. About two songs in, a guy came by and gave me a signed setlist for the night's show.
My head is still spinning about the whole experience. Also before the show, they had a room with all sorts of memorabilia. This also included some old scrap papers they had scribbled on when they were creating some of the songs we all remember. I was blown away....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Awesome

#15525 5 years ago

That's awesome dude! But, Versace? Lol

#15526 5 years ago

Wow, bucket list experience there Chip. Thanks for sharing, those scribble notes are amazing!

#15527 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That's awesome dude! But, Versace? Lol

Ha! Yeah, not exactly the most rock and roll shirt to pick, hahaha, I agree...just wanted something bright to stand out under the lights at the show. To that end, Lars made eye contact with me at the end of the show, nodded and then threw me a drumstick...and, glad I didn't fumble...caught it!!!

MVIMG_20190122_234052 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190122_234052 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190122_231145 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190122_231145 (resized).jpg

#15528 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

So...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

I would've absolutely passed out cold with that experience! Man, that is so cool, glad you got to experience that. My kids and I saw them in Tulsa last Friday and my 11-year old said "Uh, I want to see them again!"

#15529 5 years ago
Quoted from woody6092:

I would've absolutely passed out cold with that experience! Man, that is so cool, glad you got to experience that. My kids and I saw them in Tulsa last Friday and my 11-year old said "Uh, I want to see them again!"

Thanks man! Yeah, I could barely keep my shit straight!! I had taken my 10 year-old boy to the show two nights before in Little Rock Arkansas. I lost half of my voice at that show and I was determined to lose the other half at the Birmingham show. Job complete! Hahaha.

#15530 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

So...
[quoted image]

Awesome, my fellow Alabamian! I had a similar experience with Van Halen back in 1980. It's a high you won't come off of for weeks!

#15531 5 years ago

Man, that is cool. And the drumstick......

#15532 5 years ago

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been mentioned numerous times.
Stern website still has Premium and Pro Metallica listed for Sale.
Are they still making this Pin?
Cheers

#15533 5 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hi all,
Cheers

I think that they have ended production on MET as far as i know. Still may be able to find some at distributors though.

#15534 5 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hi all,
Cheers

Phil’s out, but have you tried any EU distributors?

#15535 5 years ago

Thanks, Chip, for sharing the photos and details! Awesome!

I have to ask the tacky/obvious question: how much does the Hardwired Experience cost?

I think it's a marvel that the band even offers such an experience. They hardly need the money. Maybe they just like to kick it with fans or maybe their agent tells them they need to do this as part of a wise/positive public relations plan. In the age of social media, a thing like a warm meet-and-greet can generate a lot of positive buzz for a band I s'pose. It's fascinating to see these guys becoming - well, old. Don't get me wrong; I'm impressed that they still rock, but there's no denying they are testing the limits of their bodies given what they do for a living. The song MOP is a tour de force, chock full of time changes and all kinds of demanding riffing/drumming, and yet somehow, in their late fifties, they are still able to perform it well - or so I'm told. Plenty of other aging metal bands have long since replaced the bulk of their band members - Ozzy, for instance. The marquis members are now flanked by young hired guns and no one seems to notice/care. But not Metallica. Their lineup is unchanged after thirty years. Crazy! Megadeth is basically Dave fronting whatever players he can get along with for a tour. No true "band" there and never was. Slayer lost D. Hanneman to cancer and replaced him, but otherwise they've had the same lasting unity that Metallica has shown. Props to both.

Kirk in particular, apart from his "witchy" hairstyle, looks like he's still twenty years old! Maybe Metallica is aging gracefully because they've never abused drugs. Sure, in the early years they were "Alcoholica," but without the ravages of drugs, they're enjoying better longevity than the majority of their counterparts.

#15536 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Ha! Yeah, not exactly the most rock and roll shirt to pick, hahaha, I agree...just wanted something bright to stand out under the lights at the show. To that end, Lars made eye contact with me at the end of the show, nodded and then threw me a drumstick...and, glad I didn't fumble...caught it!!!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Man,.....and here I was all excited to get a pick at the Toronto show and two more at the Buffalo show. I added mine to the pin along with some other picks id grabbed at a local music store.
Sticky tack is great stuff.

20190124_172608 (resized).jpg20190124_172608 (resized).jpg
#15537 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Phil’s out, but have you tried any EU distributors?

If productions knocked on the head then I guess that’s looking like the route to go, they’ll soon be thin on the ground.

#15538 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Thanks, Chip, for sharing the photos and details! Awesome!
I have to ask the tacky/obvious question: how much does the Hardwired Experience cost?
I think it's a marvel that the band even offers such an experience. They hardly need the money. Maybe they just like to kick it with fans or maybe their agent tells them they need to do this as part of a wise/positive public relations plan. In the age of social media, a thing like a warm meet-and-greet can generate a lot of positive buzz for a band I s'pose. It's fascinating to see these guys becoming - well, old. Don't get me wrong; I'm impressed that they still rock, but there's no denying they are testing the limits of their bodies given what they do for a living. The song MOP is a tour de force, chock full of time changes and all kinds of demanding riffing/drumming, and yet somehow, in their late fifties, they are still able to perform it well - or so I'm told. Plenty of other aging metal bands have long since replaced the bulk of their band members - Ozzy, for instance. The marquis members are now flanked by young hired guns and no one seems to notice/care. But not Metallica. Their lineup is unchanged after thirty years. Crazy! Megadeth is basically Dave fronting whatever players he can get along with for a tour. No true "band" there and never was. Slayer lost D. Hanneman to cancer and replaced him, but otherwise they've had the same lasting unity that Metallica has shown. Props to both.
Kirk in particular, apart from his "witchy" hairstyle, looks like he's still twenty years old! Maybe Metallica is aging gracefully because they've never abused drugs. Sure, in the early years they were "Alcoholica," but without the ravages of drugs, they're enjoying better longevity than the majority of their counterparts.

Hey Jason! So all the monies collected for these "experiences" goes to their charity designed to combat hunger (see below). There is a "whiplash experience" that opens the door to roughly about 100 for the memorabilia and swag, and 12 tickets per show for the "hardwired" experience, which is the above, plus an hour of what you see in the above pics, including front row tickets. The fella that was our leader said they've been doing this for about 2 yrs now and they had it very organized.

Here is the general website to their charity:

https://www.allwithinmyhands.org/

It was badass!!!!!!

#15539 5 years ago

Well son of a gun. Came in here to brag about my 4th row seats and VIP package here in Nashville but now I'm just gonna do this....

giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif
#15540 5 years ago

Haha!
That's freakin AWESOME Chip! We didn't get the meet and greet but I am still FUCKING STOKED to hear Battery live again...been 20 years!

#15541 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Haha!
That's freakin AWESOME Chip! We didn't get the meet and greet but I am still FUCKING STOKED to hear Battery live again...been 20 years!

Hey Gryszzz ...yeah man, it was bad mf'in ass!!!
Bat-ter-y! Man, I was so stoked at the playlist, ton of classics.... I was losing my shit!!!! I just now tried to order a pizza, and am so hoarse I still cannot vocalize clear audible words yet, hahaha!! Loved it!!

#15542 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

$2,500.

#15543 5 years ago

THEY FUCKING DIDNT PLAY BATTERY AND I CANT SLEEP OVER IT.

#15545 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Lol

#15546 5 years ago

Lol, I hear ya.
I too got Seek and Destroy, Creeping Death, For Whom the Bell Tolls and Master of Puppets.
Harvester of Sorrow and Blackened are two songs I would have loved to have heard, but I didn't get on the playlists I saw... I bet everyone went fukin' nuts in Nashville!!!
How about their lead up into One...intense!...I bet you lost your shit!!! Darkness, imprisoning me, all that I see, absolute horror....yeah!!!!!!! And it was at that point I officially lost my voice
Man, just awesome.

#15547 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Yeah, they could have thrown it in the encore instead of Nothing Else Matters.

#15548 5 years ago

As soon as Nothing Else Matters started I sat down, arms crossed, doing my very best impression of a 5 yr old throwing a tantrum. Thinking "I'm not gettin up and havin fun until Battery". Oof.
Then my wife started diving over seats like Hulk fuckin Hogan just to grab a goddamn guitar pick they were tossin. TWICE. And all was better.

#15549 5 years ago

Soon as we get there I'm already ready to knock teeth loose of dudes next to me. Spilled a drink on my wife. I was hot. They left mid show lol.

#15550 5 years ago

Everything in it's place. Changed out my Pro translite for the new signed Monsters one, and today I made an LED light box for the signed Road Case translite. Loving it!!!

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190125172650318_COVER (resized).jpg00000IMG_00000_BURST20190125172650318_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190125172634409_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190125172634409_COVER (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190125_180028 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190125_180028 (resized).jpgIMG_20190124_085921 (resized).jpgIMG_20190124_085921 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.50
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 149.00
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 311 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/311?hl=woody6092 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.