IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 433.
#15401 5 years ago

Hey guys I have a question. Is there a setting that disables the diverter at the top loop? I can't seem to find it in the menus and for some reason the diverter will not raise at all during games. I tested it and it does function but I think I may have disabled it by mistake at some point.

#15402 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I have turned off extra balls on all the pins in my game room for 2 reasons.
I play in tournaments and want my pins to behave like tournament pins to get a better feel for all aspects of tournaments. (scoring strategy when not focused on getting an extra ball, and extra ball point awards versus risk, etc.)
Second, if I am playing pinball with guests at my house, and get some extra balls, I think they get bored waiting for their turn. With them turned off, the play time for each player is more balanced and everyone has fun playing together.

Here's what I do. Guys in aust get the tournament button included so if you set up tournament mode it doesn't have extra balls. So pressing start and the games played as normal. Press tournament button and your in a competition situation.

#15403 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Went out and played some pinball on location today with the intent of playing MBR to help me decide if I really like to add it to my line up or not. Thought it was cool but just ok.
They have a MET pro there and I've walked by it many times before and never gave it a thought of playing it. Till today! Bad ass and seriously considering picking one up! Especially now that I've heard they will be no longer in production and a new code released!
I'd be buying NIB...any common concerns I should be aware of?

Not a concern... my advice is to buy a Premium. You won't regret it. The hammer, coffin lock is seriously bad ass.

#15404 5 years ago
Quoted from Apinplayer:

So I just had a small piece of the playfield chip off. Any ideas on what I should do? I'm going to start looking into it now but figured I start here. Has this happened to anyone else?
[quoted image]

That's a really odd spot to chip like that.

#15405 5 years ago
Quoted from Apinplayer:

So I just had a small piece of the playfield chip off. Any ideas on what I should do? I'm going to start looking into it now but figured I start here. Has this happened to anyone else?
[quoted image]

I would just glue the piece back on and cover it with a small piece of mylar.

#15406 5 years ago

I hit a new personal best with the new code. Previous best was around 960,000,000. Factory everything except mb stacking was enabled and I set the sparky magnet to low. Game lasted about 45 minutes, made it through end of the line (only 2nd time I’ve got there) , then one more ciu after that.

B318BCBD-98A0-43A8-8878-5457991F444B (resized).jpegB318BCBD-98A0-43A8-8878-5457991F444B (resized).jpeg
#15407 5 years ago
Quoted from Apinplayer:

[quoted image]

You know i think i found a piece of chipped paint on mine the last time i cleaned my game but i couldn't find any chips anywhere. When i get up tomorrow im going to go over my game with a fine tooth comb. Buy some removable vinyl/mylar and cut out a little square and put over it and it should be fine. That does suck though.

#15408 5 years ago
Quoted from woody6092:

who-dey, vireland, and lotr_breath thanks so much for the feedback. I was really hoping to find a quick fix just so I could gather more knowledge about fixing pin items. I'm ordering 4 just for good measures. Have a Happy New Year!

I had a opto on mine that was intermittently going out on Sparky and i didnt know which one it was so i just changed them both, problem solved.

#15409 5 years ago

The mylar route was my original thinking too. I figured I asked thinking there was some easy miracle fix.

#15410 5 years ago

I have a couple CIU light bracket "seconds" I'd like to get rid of. One is the old style with the thick mounting tabs (so it requires longer screws), and the other has oversized mounting slots (so it will likely need washers on the screws). Otherwise the same as the ones I sell on eBay. $13 shipped each. PM with your preference.
CIU-brackets_2nds (resized).jpgCIU-brackets_2nds (resized).jpg

#15411 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Not a concern... my advice is to buy a Premium. You won't regret it. The hammer, coffin lock is seriously bad ass.

A local pinsider gave me a heads up that the MET I played on location was a premium version and mentioned the differences of the two ( pro) . I can get a NIB pro for 5300 delivered to my door. Sounds good to me!
Any issues with cabniet splitting on MET?

#15412 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

None reported lately so I wouldn't worry about it. I installed the beefier leg brackets on mine as a preventive measure but didn't having any splitting beforehand.

#15413 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

A local pinsider gave me a heads up that the MET I played on location was a premium version and mentioned the differences of the two ( pro) . I can get a NIB pro for 5300 delivered to my door. Sounds good to me!

I'd get a HUO premium Met for not much more than that before I got a new pro. The Premium Met features are worth it.

#15414 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Hey guys I have a question. Is there a setting that disables the diverter at the top loop? I can't seem to find it in the menus and for some reason the diverter will not raise at all during games. I tested it and it does function but I think I may have disabled it by mistake at some point.

Can anyone help? Please?

#15415 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Can anyone help? Please?

I believe it is under Feature Adjustments #47 disable loop diverter

#15416 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd get a HUO premium Met for not much more than that before I got a new pro. The Premium Met features are worth it.

I was about to buy a HUO pro, and a LE came up for sale. Had never played a Premium/LE, but decided to take a chance. The hammer is a cool little trick. The cross is meh after you see it a few times. The lighshow is where it's at though!

I still think though that the Pro is a solid game, and you can get the Total Lightshow kit if you wanted to.

#15417 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I was about to buy a HUO pro, and a LE came up for sale. Had never played a Premium/LE, but decided to take a chance. The hammer is a cool little trick. The cross is meh after you see it a few times. The lighshow is where it's at though!
I still think though that the Pro is a solid game, and you can get the Total Lightshow kit if you wanted to.

Have they found a way to hack the Prem/LE spinner functionality into the pro?

#15418 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What you talkin about Willis? That rising cross is bad as hell and it never gets old seeing it raise with the lights flashing all around it!

I think the Premium is well worth the extra money on MET but I also think that if money is an issue that the Pro is awesome also. Pinball doesn't get much better than MET no matter what model you own. Such a sweet game!

#15419 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

"They" have not and I don't know of anyone actually trying to atm.

#15420 5 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

I believe it is under Feature Adjustments #47 disable loop diverter

Thanks Finman!!!

#15421 5 years ago

Has anyone else reduced the height of those 3 LED boards on the Premium/LE?

They just don’t give enough targeted light hanging off the underside of the PF like that, especially when combined with the cross insert mod.

B38380B5-A672-49D4-8129-DDBF27651A85 (resized).jpegB38380B5-A672-49D4-8129-DDBF27651A85 (resized).jpeg5BF8CAB9-BE70-470C-BD30-34A028F35630 (resized).jpeg5BF8CAB9-BE70-470C-BD30-34A028F35630 (resized).jpeg
#15422 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Has anyone else reduced the height of those 3 LED boards on the Premium/LE?

That's actually on my list of things to do to my MET Premium!

#15423 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

That's actually on my list of things to do to my MET Premium!

Well it’s definitely worthwhile.

Also moved the centre Sparky LED board & replaced the scoop LEDs with frosted lens versions, because I value my eyesight!

A5D55C30-982E-4819-9FEB-03F49B3254BC (resized).jpegA5D55C30-982E-4819-9FEB-03F49B3254BC (resized).jpegC9572E4E-8CA4-4DDC-AFE9-7F1033455907 (resized).jpegC9572E4E-8CA4-4DDC-AFE9-7F1033455907 (resized).jpeg
#15424 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

"They" have not and I don't know of anyone actually trying to atm.

So that's another negative to the Pro. Premium is the way to go on Metallica.

#15425 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So that's another negative to the Pro. Premium is the way to go on Metallica.

I'd prefer to think of it as a positive to the premium rather than a negative to the pro . I'm not sure how the spinners are implemented on the Premium to really understand what I'm missing, if it is only points I can do without more points, but if it offers additional modes then I think it is a bigger plus. Do any of the Prem/LE options on MET offer content that can't be found on the Pro?

If the two were priced the same I'd get the Premium as I love the Coffin Ball lock and I think the lightshow is amazing, but my mental cut-off seems to be about $1K and in Canada at least the spread between Pro and Prem is greater than that. With that said I'll trade my Pro MET or TWD + $1K cash for a MET Prem or TWD Prem in a heartbeat .

#15426 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I'd prefer to think of it as a positive to the premium rather than a negative to the pro . I'm not sure how the spinners are implemented on the Premium to really understand what I'm missing, if it is only points I can do without more points, but if it offers additional modes then I think it is a bigger plus. Do any of the Prem/LE options on MET offer content that can't be found on the Pro?
If the two were priced the same I'd get the Premium as I love the Coffin Ball lock and I think the lightshow is amazing, but my mental cut-off seems to be about $1K and in Canada at least the spread between Pro and Prem is greater than that. With that said I'll trade my Pro MET or TWD + $1K cash for a MET Prem or TWD Prem in a heartbeat .

You can get an HUO Prem for about $1k more than a NIB Pro if you're patient. It's worth the wait.

It's been a while since I played Met, but the spinner is integral to really high scores in one of the modes. You can set it up then rip it to get 10s of millions of points in a short time. Maybe someone who has it handy can detail what mode I'm thinking of.

#15427 5 years ago

... or a HUO pro for about $4.5K.

#15428 5 years ago

Does anybody have the inside scoop as to when Color DMD plans to update the color monitor for the latest Stern update? I've been waiting to drop in the latest Stern update till they are both available.

#15429 5 years ago
Quoted from GT-500:

Does anybody have the inside scoop as to when Color DMD plans to update the color monitor for the latest Stern update? I've been waiting to drop in the latest Stern update till they are both available.

Why do you have to update the DMD with a code update? I'm thinking of purchasing a MET.

#15430 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Why do you have to update the DMD with a code update? I'm thinking of purchasing a MET.

Ya just have to update if they make a new version to accommodate any added or changed display animation.

#15431 5 years ago

I haven't noticed anything major on the new code with my colour dmd..no need to wait for that if you plan on getting a MET !! I have noticed some new animations tho I believe.. when hitting ramp shots on "lady justice" i see some flying eyeballs on fire whizzing by..

#15432 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I haven't noticed anything major on the new code with my colour dmd..no need to wait for that if you plan on getting a MET !! I have noticed some new animations tho I believe.. when hitting ramp shots on "lady justice" i see some flying eyeballs on fire whizzing by..

On my Pro, the mystery awards are not always colored properly since I put in the new code. That's the only difference I've noticed since upgrading, and have also been patiently waiting for the new ColorDMD ROM release to address that (plus the new animations which I've heard about but not seen yet).

#15433 5 years ago

Hey guys,

for a good friend of mine I'm looking for the Met pro 1.80 rom with SmartDmd sidechannel patch.

Hope you can help me out

Thank you and best regards

#15434 5 years ago

Contact J_M for the macro in exchange for a couple of beers and let your good friend buy a license for Pinball Browser.

#15435 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Didn’t Robert from hooked on pinball make a kit for this? Thought he added a spinner for pro owners.

#15436 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Didn’t Robert from hooked on pinball make a kit for this? Thought he added a spinner for pro owners.

$99.95 on his website. Sku. Met-spin

#15437 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Mine works some games and other games does not come up at all. Weird.

#15438 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

The spinners for the pro tie into the pick targets... so not the same as the prem/le. You can also roll your own and save some money by buying the spinners and some decals from pinball life.

#15439 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Mine works some games and other games does not come up at all. Weird.

Not sure if it's the same problem my game had when I got it from the previous owner, but the coil bracket had shifted a bit making it difficult for the post to pop up.

I unscrewed it from the bottom of the pf, took the coil sleeve out to give it a cleaning, and then reassembled and manually popped it up to ensure it was smoothly passing through the hole.

Have had no issues since.

Now just have to figure out what the first grave marker drops down as soon as a game/ball is started. Once the mech fires that markers up, the first one almost always drops.

I replaced the spring with the same part number, but no difference.

I have the replacement marker kit from PBL, so figure if I can't get the old marker to work, maybe replacing it could do the trip.

Any thoughts?

#15440 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Not sure if it's the same problem my game had when I got it from the previous owner, but the coil bracket had shifted a bit making it difficult for the post to pop up.
I unscrewed it from the bottom of the pf, took the coil sleeve out to give it a cleaning, and then reassembled and manually popped it up to ensure it was smoothly passing through the hole.
Now just have to figure out what the first grave marker drops down as soon as a game/ball is started. Once the mech fires that markers up, the first one almost always drops.
I have the replacement marker kit from PBL, so figure if I can't get the old marker to work, maybe replacing it could do the trip.
Any thoughts?

You will need to mess with the washers to get the target to sit the right amount on the ledge. No spring will fix the issue.

#15441 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Any thoughts?

Time for the washer trick.

Might be a good reason for me to come out there

#15442 5 years ago

Has anyone replaced the GI lights above and behind Sparky? If so what color(s) did you choose? Also what website would you suggest getting a few lights from? Thanks!

#15443 5 years ago
Quoted from iAmKemo:

Has anyone replaced the GI lights above and behind Sparky? If so what color(s) did you choose? Also what website would you suggest getting a few lights from? Thanks!

I have not replaced mine but I get all my LEDs from Comet pinball and highly recommend them. Whatever color you decide to go with, make sure you get a frosted lens so they aren't blinding.

#15444 5 years ago

Anyone have tips on adjusting the snake kickout on a pro? Mine was totally fine the first couple months I had it, then suddenly it just started kicking down the middle about 80% of the time. I've scanned through this thread for answers but it seems like everyone recommends adjusting the power setting. I have tried that all over the map with no beneficial result. I also tried partially disassembling the assembly but it doesn't seem like there's much play in how it sits.

I'm thinking about adding a thin, soft pad to one side of the mouth's eject path to help guide it away from the center. Anyone done this or something similar?

#15445 5 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Anyone have tips on adjusting the snake kickout on a pro? Mine was totally fine the first couple months I had it, then suddenly it just started kicking down the middle about 80% of the time. I've scanned through this thread for answers but it seems like everyone recommends adjusting the power setting. I have tried that all over the map with no beneficial result. I also tried partially disassembling the assembly but it doesn't seem like there's much play in how it sits.
I'm thinking about adding a thin, soft pad to one side of the mouth's eject path to help guide it away from the center. Anyone done this or something similar?

Trying tightening all of the screws that hold the mech in place under the pf.

This is what happened to mine. I might have to fill a couple of the screw hole with a toothpick to tighten them up if they loosen again.

#15446 5 years ago

I was messing with my Premium the other day, and sort of took an inventory on the mods. I took a lot of photos and made a short video in case you are interested. I love the Cointaker interactive backbox. It's a shame that they shipped with the same lighting as a Wal-Mart store.

https://www.pinballchaos.com/single-post/2019/01/05/Is-this-Metallica-overmodded

#15447 5 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

I was messing with my Premium the other day, and sort of took an inventory on the mods. I took a lot of photos and made a short video in case you are interested. I love the Cointaker interactive backbox. It's a shame that they shipped with the same lighting as a Wal-Mart store.
https://www.pinballchaos.com/single-post/2019/01/05/Is-this-Metallica-overmodded

I put a post on your Pinballchaos with a suggestion, check it out.

#15448 5 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

Nicely done! I have a similar list of mods on my MOPLE, Metallica is just such a fun game to mod. Thanks for sharing

#15449 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Trying tightening all of the screws that hold the mech in place under the pf.
This is what happened to mine. I might have to fill a couple of the screw hole with a toothpick to tighten them up if they loosen again.

Hm, nothing was loose by any means. I tried putting a small washer under one side of the coil assembly and it's helped...kinda. The trajectory is pretty wild now. Sometimes all the way left, straight down the outlane. Sometimes still STDM.

#15450 5 years ago

On mine, sometimes the stand-up target next to the Snake will get bent over far enough that the ball will sometimes glance off of it. I just push it back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/309 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.