C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 308 of 434.
#15351 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Theres a setting in there for whether or not you want the snake to hold the ball during multiball.

Is this for the pro also?

#15352 5 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Is this for the pro also?

Yes. Pro is default to not hold the ball. Prem/Le is the opposite.

#15353 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Yes. Pro is default to not hold the ball. Prem/Le is the opposite.

I tried the game with setting to hold ball but found it way to easy to play a one ball mball until it got released so turned the setting to off. (On the Pro)

#15354 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I tried the game with setting to hold ball but found it way to easy to play a one ball mball until it got released so turned the setting to off. (On the Pro)

When it holds a ball, it should also elect a replacement ball. Then after 20 seconds (I think), the snake ejects the added ball.

#15355 5 years ago

Does anyone know where a guy could get the plastic snake body mod for a pro?

#15356 5 years ago

I did the code update today and now I don't have any sound. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-code-update-caused-no-sound#post-4757305

#15357 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Does anyone know where a guy could get the plastic snake body mod for a pro?

check out this thread..message vinny I'm Calgary!..sorry I dunno how to post links!! Haha!

"Metallica 3D snake to cover steel ramp mod"

#15358 5 years ago

Played a few games tonight, and got to EOTL again, and I'm starting to feel like the new 1.80 code is a bit too generous with the EBs.

I know I can easily change this in settings, but I think the game would be almost perfect if by default, the EBs happened a little less.

I think I'm getting like 3-5 per game. If it we're perhaps 2, maybe 3 max, this would make EOTL a little more of a treat to reach.

I'm loving this game something serious, but I really hope Lyman goes back to this and just adjusts those EBs. Pretty much a perfect game otherwise!

#15359 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Played a few games tonight, and got to EOTL again, and I'm starting to feel like the new 1.80 code is a bit too generous with the EBs.
I know I can easily change this in settings, but I think the game would be almost perfect if by default, the EBs happened a little less.
I think I'm getting like 3-5 per game. If it we're perhaps 2, maybe 3 max, this would make EOTL a little more of a treat to reach.
I'm loving this game something serious, but I really hope Lyman goes back to this and just adjusts those EBs. Pretty much a perfect game otherwise!

I agree, it's handing EBs out like candy, probably going to adjust them myself.

#15360 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm loving this game something serious, but I really hope Lyman goes back to this and just adjusts those EBs.

I will never understand this. It will seriously take you 30 seconds to change this.

#15361 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I will never understand this. It will seriously take you 30 seconds to change this.

Fully agree as I turn them off each new update.

#15362 5 years ago

Quick question hoping to get an answer. My brother just ordered a nib pro led. Was wondering if the mode lights for the cemetery, coffin, snake, and electric chair are the 555 bulbs or the led boards there. Don't have the machine yet, but want to change the color and want to know if we need gels or do the comet pinball led strip. Thanks

#15363 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What is there to understand? I think the idea of having the game set as default to be slightly more difficult so that any game that you go up to you are playing for the same challenge, is a pretty simple concept.

I think there is also something enjoyable about having a wizard mode that has some level of difficulty to reach makes it interesting for the pinball community. Valinor is the perfect example in my mind. When someone is skilled or lucky enough to reach it, it's something you want to celebrate with other pinball people.

When a game becomes so much easier to complete then it sort of takes away that luster of reaching the end. The majority of home and location games are set at default, so for me I feel like having a solid default ruleset is important.

#15364 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

People would rather sit on their couch and take a full minute to let the world know, rather than take 30 seconds to adjust it to their liking.

#15365 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What is there to understand? I think the idea of having the game set as default to be slightly more difficult so that any game that you go up to you are playing for the same challenge, is a pretty simple concept.
I think there is also something enjoyable about having a wizard mode that has some level of difficulty to reach makes it interesting for the pinball community. Valinor is the perfect example in my mind. When someone is skilled or lucky enough to reach it, it's something you want to celebrate with other pinball people.
When a game becomes so much easier to complete then it sort of takes away that luster of reaching the end. The majority of home and location games are set at default, so for me I feel like having a solid default ruleset is important.

Because nothing, NOTHING in the world can be setup perfectly for every person in the world, that is why they have the option to adjust, whatever the thing it is that needs adjusted. Car seats, tv volume, amount of MBs. Etc etc. Understand?

#15366 5 years ago

I play in a league, the rules for an Extra ball are 1 flip.
I do not use extra balls at all.
3 balls per game, 5 for EM's
Extra balls are played only by non pinhead guests.

#15367 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Quick question hoping to get an answer. My brother just ordered a nib pro led. Was wondering if the mode lights for the cemetery, coffin, snake, and electric chair are the 555 bulbs or the led boards there. Don't have the machine yet, but want to change the color and want to know if we need gels or do the comet pinball led strip. Thanks

Unlike some of the newer Spike systems that I've seen uses the board with LED, MET doesn't have any LED boards, at least not that i have noticed. It utilizes wedge (555) and bayonet (44) type bulbs. For flashers, it utilizes bayonet (89?) Bulbs.
As expected, mostly 44's for slings and GI, and the 555's for inserts.
Cheers

#15368 5 years ago

Cool. Thanks for the response.

#15369 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

I will come to your house and play ALL my extra balls....

Consider that a promise

#15370 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I will come to your house and play ALL my extra balls....
Consider that a promise

OK you changed my mind, I’m playing my extra balls from now on

#15371 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

OK you changed my mind, I’m playing my extra balls from now on

Not if I play them first.

#15372 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Same rules in my league but at home I play the shit out of those extra balls. I suck and I need them

20181229_195451 (resized).jpg20181229_195451 (resized).jpg
#15373 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

When a game becomes so much easier to complete then it sort of takes away that luster of reaching the end

The game still isn't easy to reach end of the line at all. Im not a great player but I'm definitely a decent player and i havent got to end of the line yet under the new code. Not saying i can't or wont but i haven't yet. Lyman is just trying to find middle ground for everyone and i think he's found it. Like others have said, you can adjust the game to your liking in 30 seconds so its not a big deal really.

#15374 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Same rules in my league but at home I play the shit out of those extra balls. I suck and I need them
[quoted image]

Thats exactly how i feel about the extra balls

#15375 5 years ago

I have seen Sparky with foot damage. Some to the point that they break off. I own a pro and have decent foot damage with 5000 games. Not missing, but definitely chipped and cracking. I reinforced them when I did my playfield swap last year. Also, the new playfield came with another Sparky, so I have an extra. As I played a pro on site today, I noticed how good the feet look, and I think there is close to 15k plays. The difference is the Sparky ball shield. I have the extended shield to prevent the ball from jumping all over everywhere, but the one on site had the standard. Yes, the ball would sometimes fly around, but is the extended ball deflector is causing the ball to slam into Sparky’s feet? Not sure what’s worse now.

#15376 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

The LED version of Metallica is LED boards for all the inserts. Draegermeister made a very nice install video for the FUEL gauge bracket and you can see the LED boards for the ones you're talking about in the video, too:

I have had a lot of requests for a color bracket for those inserts on Metallica and I will be adding them in the next couple weeks to go with the FUEL gauge bracket. They'll be in the Pinmonk store here on Pinside.

#15377 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Unlike some of the newer Spike systems that I've seen uses the board with LED, MET doesn't have any LED boards, at least not that i have noticed. It utilizes wedge (555) and bayonet (44) type bulbs. For flashers, it utilizes bayonet (89?) Bulbs.
As expected, mostly 44's for slings and GI, and the 555's for inserts.
Cheers

The older Met runs used bulbs, but the LED runs use all LED boards only.

#15378 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not all of them apparantly. My pro has a production date of Feb 27/18 and just has led bulbs.
I just used some flex bulbs for the fuel gauge.

20181230_095357 (resized).jpg20181230_095357 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20181230-095718_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181230-095718_Gallery (resized).jpg
#15379 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, the LED Pros use the same bulb sockets as before, just with standard LEDs installed. The LED boards are only on Prem/LE versions.

#15380 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

No, the LED Pros use the same bulb sockets as before, just with standard LEDs installed. The LED boards are only on Prem/LE versions.

That clears things up. Thanks

#15381 5 years ago

Thanks for the answers. That tells me what direction I need to go in. Kinda weird they would do it two separate ways, but whatever works I guess. I'm confused as it is, I don't need Sterns help

#15382 5 years ago

I'm fortunate to have a pinball store near me. I made lots of trips back and forth when swapping out lights. If you have to order them online, I'd wait until you can get inside the game and make a proper list of what you will need to do what youre after.
Bulb types are kind of mixed throughout
*if you plan on changing the crank it up lights you will need the lens mod. I tried just putting coloured LEDs first. It looked horrible.

#15383 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I've only seen premium and le metallicas lately.

#15384 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I have seen Sparky with foot damage. Some to the point that they break off. I own a pro and have decent foot damage with 5000 games. Not missing, but definitely chipped and cracking. I reinforced them when I did my playfield swap last year. Also, the new playfield came with another Sparky, so I have an extra. As I played a pro on site today, I noticed how good the feet look, and I think there is close to 15k plays. The difference is the Sparky ball shield. I have the extended shield to prevent the ball from jumping all over everywhere, but the one on site had the standard. Yes, the ball would sometimes fly around, but is the extended ball deflector is causing the ball to slam into Sparky’s feet? Not sure what’s worse now.

Mine broke off. Tried glueing it with no luck. Now it's off and wedged in there so tight it almost looks attached still. I'm surprised more aren't broken.

#15385 5 years ago

Went out and played some pinball on location today with the intent of playing MBR to help me decide if I really like to add it to my line up or not. Thought it was cool but just ok.
They have a MET pro there and I've walked by it many times before and never gave it a thought of playing it. Till today! Bad ass and seriously considering picking one up! Especially now that I've heard they will be no longer in production and a new code released!
I'd be buying NIB...any common concerns I should be aware of?

#15386 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Went out and played some pinball on location today with the intent of playing MBR to help me decide if I really like to add it to my line up or not. Thought it was cool but just ok.
They have a MET pro there and I've walked by it many times before and never gave it a thought of playing it. Till today! Bad ass and seriously considering picking one up! Especially now that I've heard they will be no longer in production and a new code released!
I'd be buying NIB...any common concerns I should be aware of?

Pretty solid and trouble free game from everything i have seen and heard. The new code made the game much more fun so you would want to put that on it day one. MET is a great game. I would wait on Munsters though since its only a week away and see what it has to offer. Also IMDN is a bad ass game also. I personally like it better than MET but both are great games and you cant go wrong with either.

#15387 5 years ago

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

The video is pretty short but essentially the opto on the right of Sparky is not working. When you apply finger pressure to the back of the opto the switch alert goes away and registers. Once you release it comes back. Would it be the soldering on the back? It seems to be the area that’s circled on the picture

93439271-B41F-4EE4-9B25-EBDA173ED1EB (resized).jpeg93439271-B41F-4EE4-9B25-EBDA173ED1EB (resized).jpeg
#15388 5 years ago
Quoted from woody6092:

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

The video is pretty short but essentially the opto on the right of Sparky is not working. When you apply finger pressure to the back of the opto the switch alert goes away and registers. Once you release it comes back. Would it be the soldering on the back? It seems to be the area that’s circled on the picture
[quoted image]

Could be a number of things. The way those wires are twisted around the circuit board, they sometimes break inside the insulation. Optos are cheap. I'd just cut the wire back a bit and put a new opto on and call it a day.

#15389 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Could be a number of things. The way those wires are twisted around the circuit board, they sometimes break inside the insulation. Optos are cheap. I'd just cut the wire back a bit and put a new opto on and call it a day.

Those optos there actually come pre wired so all you gotta do is order a new opto from pinball life and put it on and plug it in. May as well order several of them while you are at it and have them on hand in case you need one. Those optos there are also transmitters and recievers both so they will work either way.

#15391 5 years ago

@who-dey, @vireland, and LOTR_breath thanks so much for the feedback. I was really hoping to find a quick fix just so I could gather more knowledge about fixing pin items. I'm ordering 4 just for good measures. Have a Happy New Year!

#15392 5 years ago
Quoted from woody6092:

who-dey, vireland, and lotr_breath thanks so much for the feedback. I was really hoping to find a quick fix just so I could gather more knowledge about fixing pin items. I'm ordering 4 just for good measures. Have a Happy New Year!

you should order 5, given the price break occurs there and you basically get the 5th one @ half price

#15393 5 years ago

I have turned off extra balls on all the pins in my game room for 2 reasons.

I play in tournaments and want my pins to behave like tournament pins to get a better feel for all aspects of tournaments. (scoring strategy when not focused on getting an extra ball, and extra ball point awards versus risk, etc.)

Second, if I am playing pinball with guests at my house, and get some extra balls, I think they get bored waiting for their turn. With them turned off, the play time for each player is more balanced and everyone has fun playing together.

#15394 5 years ago

Getting extra balls is all part of the fun in pinball for me.

#15395 5 years ago

So I just had a small piece of the playfield chip off. Any ideas on what I should do? I'm going to start looking into it now but figured I start here. Has this happened to anyone else?

20181231_123041 (resized).jpg20181231_123041 (resized).jpg

#15396 5 years ago
Quoted from Apinplayer:

So I just had a small piece of the playfield chip off. Any ideas on what I should do? I'm going to start looking into it now but figured I start here. Has this happened to anyone else?
[quoted image]

Ugh.

#15397 5 years ago
Quoted from Apinplayer:

[quoted image]

What's the production date of the machine?

#15398 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

What's the production date of the machine?

Yeah not good it's an April 2015.

#15399 5 years ago
Quoted from Apinplayer:

Yeah not good it's an April 2015.

What was the ‘bad period’ again??

#15400 5 years ago
Quoted from Apinplayer:

[quoted image]

Is it out of warranty? If so, I guess just cover the spot with Mylar. Not sure what else to do outside of touch up and clearing the PF.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 308 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/308?hl=supersquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.