met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 307 of 433.
#15301 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The coffin lock settings. It should tell you if you can stack locks during MB.
But it looks like you have a prem/LE. I believe these were the default rules for the coffin lock always.

Can you also stack MBs? I'm pretty sure I started another MB while in snake MB.

#15302 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can you also stack MBs? I'm pretty sure I started another MB while in snake MB.

Default only coffin can bring in other MBs. Need to start coffin first though. Then you can do snake cross or sparky.

#15303 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Default only coffin can bring in other MBs. Need to start coffin first though. Then you can do snake cross or sparky.

I believe you can activate snake/coffin/cross multi while in another of those. Sparky never stacks but I have definitely had snake and cross at the same time

#15304 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I believe you can activate snake/coffin/cross multi while in another of those. Sparky never stacks but I have definitely had snake and cross at the same time

That’s surprising. I thought coffin was the only stackable MB.

Was this changed in the new code? Is your game on default settings?

I don’t have a MET anymore to clarify this.

#15305 5 years ago

You can stack locks to the coffin during multiball. You just can't actually lock balls. So you could build up all 3 locks during MB, then in single ball play lock 3 balls with just 3 shots. This is a default but can be changed in the settings.

MB stacks are as Chuckwurt said. Coffin must be started first, then you can bring in only one more(Grave, Sparky, or Snake). You can start Blackened while in any of these. You also can bring Seek and Destroy into any of these. One the best stacks that is rare but does happen is CoffinMB/SparkyMB/SeeknDestroy/Blackened!

#15306 5 years ago

I get seek and destroy, but how do we start blackened? Start it often without knowing how. What are the objectives?

#15307 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I get seek and destroy, but how do we start blackened? Start it often without knowing how. What are the objectives?

Collect all the band members. Two sets of picks gets your the first member. Then 3 sets gets the next. And so on. Blackened starts when you collect them all.

#15308 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You can stack locks to the coffin during multiball. You just can't actually lock balls. So you could build up all 3 locks during MB, then in single ball play lock 3 balls with just 3 shots.

But is this only a feature on prem/LE? The pro I had did not do this. Could only qualify one lock in MB. So I always tried to lock one ball before starting my first sparky.

#15309 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Collect all the bad members. Two sets of picks gets your the first member. Then 3 sets gets the next. And so on. Blackened starts when you collect them all.

None of them are really all that "bad."

#15310 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Collect all the band members. Two sets of picks gets your the first member. Then 3 sets gets the next. And so on. Blackened starts when you collect them all.

sort of correct. you have to collect all of the band members by hitting the pick targets. the band member that you are collecting (james, lars, kirk and robert) is represented by the pick that is flashing. each band member requires a different number of all 4 picks being hit to order to collect that respective band member
james (1x), lars (2x), kirk (3x) and robert (4x)

the game can start with any band member as the initial one to collect, but the one that need to collect is always the flashing pick (they normally seem to go in order but I've had games where I've started with lars and then moved onto robert next

for the band members that require all 4 pick targets to be hit multiple times, each set of picks that is collected counts towards the total set count needed to collect the band member (this means that if you drain the ball after collecting one full set of picks, that first set is still counted towards the number of sets that you need to complete in order to collect the band member when the next ball starts

collecting all four band members starts 'blackened'

#15311 5 years ago

Thanks Guys for the info. You guys are awesome.

#15312 5 years ago

Although I have not downloaded the new code, one surprise I am shocked they didn’t make was changing it so the songs don’t start over everytime you lose a ball. I feel like Kiss, Aerosmith and Maiden are so much better because if this.

#15313 5 years ago

Met songs dont start over every ball.

#15314 5 years ago

each of the songs have [markers]. if you make it past that particular marker in the song and drain, that's where the song restarts from on the next ball

as steve richie say "play better!" if you don't want to hear the songs start over from the beginning after every ball drain

#15315 5 years ago

So I was playing my met pro and during multiball the left flipper stuck on. Just as i realized the fuse next to the flipper coil blew. Put a new fuse in and just as I expected left flipper engaged again. I hurried up shut off before fuse blew.

Fact: it's not mechanical as flipper goes down when not powered, also moves freely when off.
What I suspect: if recent memory serves me right I recall someone else with a modern stern mention same thing said it was transistor.
Any and all helpful advice appreciated.

#15316 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

So I was playing my met pro and during multiball the left flipper stuck on. Just as i realized the fuse next to the flipper coil blew. Put a new fuse in and just as I expected left flipper engaged again. I hurried up shut off before fuse blew.
Fact: it's not mechanical as flipper goes down when not powered, also moves freely when off.
What I suspect: if recent memory serves me right I recall someone else with a modern stern mention same thing said it was transistor.

Yup the transistor blew, you should replace the resistor too.

#15317 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup the transistor blew, you should replace the resistor too.

The bad: never had to make such a delicate repair.
Good news: I'm getting a nice soldering station that was recommended here from my wife for Christmas.

#15318 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

The bad: never had to make such a delicate repair.
Good news: I'm getting a nice soldering station that was recommended here from my wife for Christmas.

Sounds like you got it covered. I've never done one before.

#15319 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Although I have not downloaded the new code, one surprise I am shocked they didn’t make was changing it so the songs don’t start over everytime you lose a ball. I feel like Kiss, Aerosmith and Maiden are so much better because if this.

How about updating your games, so you are speaking from experience, instead of being "shocked" by not knowing what you don't know.

#15320 5 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the snake fangs slipping out?

Previous owner installed snake fangs from Mezelmods which look fabulous! Recently though they have started to slip out, with increasing frequency. After some games of play I'll see that they have started to slide forward out of the mouth, and before you know it they slide all the way forward and drop out. The fang piece itself looks undamaged.

I didn't install the fangs, so I don't have the installation instructions. Could someone share a copy please please? They could be helpful as I try to figure out why the fangs have started falling out and what I may need to do to stop this from happening.

#15321 5 years ago

My start button not flashing and cant start a game. What trouble shoot should I do? I uploaded new code. Now this. Any help is appreciated.

#15322 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

My start button not flashing and cant start a game. What trouble shoot should I do? I uploaded new code. Now this. Any help is appreciated.

Need to go into settings and change it to free play or coin it up with credits.

#15323 5 years ago

Ha, ha ya figured it out . Been awhile since an update. Though if I recall while in attract mode at arcades the start bitton light blinks though. Oh well got it working . Thanks

#15324 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Ha, ha ya figured it out . Been awhile since an update. Though if I recall while in attract mode at arcades the start bitton light blinks though. Oh well got it working . Thanks

Once it’s on free play it will blink.

#15325 5 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

Has anyone had issues with the snake fangs slipping out?
Previous owner installed snake fangs from Mezelmods which look fabulous! Recently though they have started to slip out, with increasing frequency. After some games of play I'll see that they have started to slide forward out of the mouth, and before you know it they slide all the way forward and drop out. The fang piece itself looks undamaged.
I didn't install the fangs, so I don't have the installation instructions. Could someone share a copy please please? They could be helpful as I try to figure out why the fangs have started falling out and what I may need to do to stop this from happening.

https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201385295-Snake-Fang-Installation

#15326 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

had the same issue with my right flipper. this will save you a bit of time on which transistors to look at from a post that I made a few months ago

yep, you'll blow one of the 3A fuses under the playfield and Q15 (left flipper) or Q16 (right flipper)

#15327 5 years ago

Anyone ever have the nylon diverter post just fall out onto the playfield?

20181224_102009 (resized).jpg20181224_102009 (resized).jpg
#15328 5 years ago

On settings what is "competition mode" and what is that? Also" Team name hi scores"? I turned them on and dont see any difference. It's not for tournament mode,as I turned that on (have tournament button)

#15329 5 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

[quoted image]

You're rockin' too hard, bro!

#15330 5 years ago

Met Premium is my first owned modern Stern machine... I’m new to the game code update process.

is the latest v1.8 gamecode only about 91.0MB big? Everyone spoke about how big they are, but that is usually for the video based games (ex: Star Wars, Iron Maiden)?

Also, does anyone have a valid physical link to v1.7 gamecode for Premium?

Personally, I would like to keep both on file and Stern website only allows current version download. I am running v1.7 right now.

Thanks in advance.

#15331 5 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Met Premium is my first owned modern Stern machine... I’m new to the game code update process.
is the latest v1.8 gamecode only about 91.0MB big? Everyone spoke about how big they are, but that is usually for the video based games (ex: Star Wars, Iron Maiden)?
Personally, I would like to keep both on file and Stern website only allows current version download. I am running v1.7 right now.
Thanks in advance.

I think the LE and Prem code is the same... the link isn't posted but updating the 1.81 to 1.7 brings up a file.

http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/MTL17LE.BIN

#15332 5 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Thanks in advance.

The file for v.1.80 should be 93.9 MB. Only on the Spike games with LCD will you see huge files in the gigabytes.

#15333 5 years ago

Thanks, that's exactly what I need. My snake fangs snap into place properly, and the split hoop on the back edge of the fangs doesn't look damaged at all. But they seem to slip out over time during game play. Looks like I should try tightening the screw inside the snake's mouth with an offset driver. I'll give that a try and report back.

#15334 5 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

No, but I replaced mine with the metal diverter post. For me, that solved bounce back issues with left orbit shots. Maybe it's a sign you need to put in the metal diverter post???

#15335 5 years ago

Merry Christmas Everyone!

66D7B4DB-1AEC-442F-8DD3-131E666D3369 (resized).jpeg66D7B4DB-1AEC-442F-8DD3-131E666D3369 (resized).jpeg
#15336 5 years ago

Since 1.8 update my songs will go silent for a second or two between balls. It never did this before. It just went right back into the song at whatever checkpoint in the song had been reached. Anyone else or just me? Its not like it's a big deal but I dont like the way it "transitions" now

#15337 5 years ago

Hello fellow Met owners. Here's an odd question: Do any of your Sparky's heads spin while playing, and have you figured out a way to lock it in place? LOL... my Sparky always end up with his head rotated clockwise as shown, with his tongue hanging straight down. I can rotate his head around so he's looking straight ahead, but after a good game, he's back looking to his right just like in the pic. Not the worst thing in the world, but I prefer his head on straight. Maybe he just doesn't like looking at me.

20181224_222441 (resized).jpg20181224_222441 (resized).jpg Added over 5 years ago:

Update with fix: I rotated Sparky's head until he was looking straight, then carefully bend his head downward as far as I could (trying to not rotate it while doing so), and injected some hot glue into the hole where the spring goes into his head in an attempt to lock his head rotation in place. After a few weeks and several plays, his head remains straight, and this fix didn't effect the springiness or action of Sparky at all, so I'm happy with the results.

#15338 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Hello fellow Met owners. Here's an odd question: Do any of your Sparky's heads spin while playing, and have you figured out a way to lock it in place? LOL... my Sparky always end up with his head rotated clockwise as shown, with his tongue hanging straight down. I can rotate his head around so he's looking straight ahead, but after a good game, he's back looking to his right just like in the pic. Not the worst thing in the world, but I prefer his head on straight. Maybe he just doesn't like looking at me.
[quoted image]

That's a new on me.

#15339 5 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Merry Christmas Everyone!
[quoted image]

That's a good one, does it stay on when you play? Merry Christmas to you.....and Sparky.

#15340 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Since 1.8 update my songs will go silent for a second or two between balls. It never did this before. It just went right back into the song at whatever checkpoint in the song had been reached. Anyone else or just me? Its not like it's a big deal but I dont like the way it "transitions" now

Interesting, I only experienced this after loading different Metallica songs through Pinball Browser. I'm currently running stock 1.8 without any gaps between balls.

#15341 5 years ago

Ok so after the code update I notice that when I’m in Any multi ball if a ball is hit into the snake it’s held until all the other balls drain, then it ejects??

#15342 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

[quoted image]

Mine does it too. I think it's because of the EL wire mod pulling on it, orthe weight of it

#15343 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

[quoted image]

Get an exorcist and get one quick Before it starts spinning around and around

#15344 5 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Ok so after the code update I notice that when I’m in Any multi ball if a ball is hit into the snake it’s held until all the other balls drain, then it ejects??

I know it does that on the prem.

#15345 5 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

No, but I replaced mine with the metal diverter post. For me, that solved bounce back issues with left orbit shots. Maybe it's a sign you need to put in the metal diverter post???

That's what I'll be doing now.

#15346 5 years ago

I've seen lots of gameplay questions lately. These guys do a good basic explanation of 1.8 rules. It's a good watch for new owners or those visual learners out there (like myself) who learn the rules better by watching than by reading.
Bro do you even pinball Metallica 1.8

#15347 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's a good one, does it stay on when you play? Merry Christmas to you.....and Sparky.

Yes it stays on. Velcro tape!
Merry Christmas!!

#15348 5 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

My experience is only on a premium, but...

The snake mouth should close when you start a multiball. Then when all four picks are activated, the mouth opens for an add a ball. I think you get double scoring for thirty seconds, a new ball elects, and then after the thirty seconds, the snake ejects the ball.

#15349 5 years ago

Theres a setting in there for whether or not you want the snake to hold the ball during multiball.

#15350 5 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

you hit all four guitar picks then shoot the snake to add a ball and 20 seconds of 2x playfield multiplyer. if you get the ball in the snake look at the dmd and it will say ball locked, 2x pf, ect. trap up so your multiball last more than 20 secs and the ball will shoot out. that’s how i know it and i don’t think they changed that in the new code.

mjr

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 26.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 21,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 307 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/307 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.