C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 304 of 434.
#15151 5 years ago

I've finally finished modding my Metallica to the way I like (hopefully)
I posted a video to YouTube.
Lots done on this one.
Color DMD
Blades
Grill
Speaker lights
Shaker
Sparky EL +airball protector
Snake tongue, teeth, light, 3d body and
powdercoat wireform
Cemetary arch
Pinnovator board
Cliffys
Titans
Lighting mods and additions
Tmolding
Guitar picks
Roll over mirror
GEEZ THERE SURE IS A LOT YOU CAN DO TO THIS ONE.

#15152 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Lots done on this one.
Color DMD
Blades
Grill
Speaker lights
Shaker
powdercoat wireform
Cemetary arch
Pinnovator board
Cliffys
Titans
Tmolding
Guitar picks
Roll over mirror

All those mods and no hemi creeping death?!

#15153 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

additionally, on the plunge if you hold down the left flipper button [just like for a the super skill shot] and land the ball in the left top lane, you receive a 2x bonus or a 4x bonus for the right top lane.
if you can hit that shot repeatedly, you can rack up 3.1M (on the 3rd ball) for that one shot alone

I always plunge it with the left flipper button held and let it go all the way around and dead bounce off the left flipper right into the mystery scoop. Works 90%

#15154 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

All those mods and no hemi creeping death?!

??

Edit. I just googled what you were talking about. I dont like those. They seem like an eye sore. They work like pin stadium lighting, right? I find the game is lit well enough. I prefer to play in a semi lit room anyway. Mood lighting so to speak

#15155 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

??
Edit. I just googled what you were talking about. I dont like those. They seem like an eye sore. They work like pin stadium lighting, right? I find the game is lit well enough. I prefer to play in a semi lit room anyway. Mood lighting so to speak

The effect when they light up the side blades is friggin awesome. I thought the same thing until I saw it in person. It rivals the colordmd as best met mod.

#15156 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The effect when they light up the side blades is friggin awesome. I thought the same thing until I saw it in person. It rivals the colordmd as best met mod.

Is it UV lightning or just added GI?

#15157 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Is it UV lightning or just added GI?

It's strips of UV LEDs

#15158 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I always plunge it with the left flipper button held and let it go all the way around and dead bounce off the left flipper right into the mystery scoop. Works 90%

And I *ALWAYS* forget to do this when CIU is lit!!!! Grrrrr!!!

#15159 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have them on mine and thought it was stock when I bought it.

#15160 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's strips of UV LEDs

Yeah that's cool. Those rails would drive me insane though.

#15161 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yeah that's cool. Those rails would drive me insane though.

I really thought the same thing. I swear i don't even see them anymore
If you were a few thousand miles closer, I'd make you play mine and you'd love the mod!

#15162 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

If you were a few thousand miles closer, I'd make you play mine and you'd love the mod!

It wouldn't accommodate the cemetary arch anyway.

#15163 5 years ago

Hello!!!
New menber in the club

368C1C87-78CA-4A3D-AE47-2D2C98381D3F (resized).jpeg368C1C87-78CA-4A3D-AE47-2D2C98381D3F (resized).jpeg
#15164 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

additionally, on the plunge if you hold down the left flipper button [just like for a the super skill shot] and land the ball in the left top lane, you receive a 2x bonus or a 4x bonus for the right top lane.
if you can hit that shot repeatedly, you can rack up 3.1M (on the 3rd ball) for that one shot alone

I learned this about a year ago. Really changed how I plunged. It's one of the best skill shots imo. Also, fully plunging around will light an entire lane randomly to lock in if you can hit it first.

#15165 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I agree. I installed on mine and wouldn't have it any other way. It brings this game up another level, and I don't notice them when it's off.

#15166 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I agree. I installed on mine and wouldn't have it any other way. It brings this game up another level, and I don't notice them when it's off.

Would you get the same effect if you hooked pinstadiums into the same flasher? Then wouldn’t have the bars running down the middle of the game.

#15167 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Would you get the same effect if you hooked pinstadiums into the same flasher? Then wouldn’t have the bars running down the middle of the game.

Good question. Not sure if the angle would make any difference, but if that had the same effect, it would certainly clean up the look.

#15168 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I learned this about a year ago. Really changed how I plunged. It's one of the best skill shots imo. Also, fully plunging around will light an entire lane randomly to lock in if you can hit it first.

It's not random anymore with 1.80. It's the same as the lit shot before you plunge.

#15169 5 years ago

I have a dumb question.
I've never changed a plunger rubber before.
Should it just slip off with some force or is there a trick? I tried to pull it off(I even tried some pliers briefly. I dont want to force it if I am mistaken. It's certainly on there good and snug.
(Its not mushroomed or anything. It's only half a year old. I have a purple titan to put on instead

#15170 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I have a dumb question.
Should it just slip off with some force or is there a trick? I tried to pull it off(I even tried some pliers briefly. I dont want to force it if I am mistaken. It's certainly on there good and snug.
(Its not mushroomed or anything. It's only half a year old. I have a purple titan to put on instead

1. Don't fix what aint broken
2. You can't see it.
3. See point # 1.

#15171 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

1. Don't fix what aint broken
2. You can't see it.
3. See point # 1.

1. Yeah, the modding industry is really suffering......
2. Yes, you can
3. Did you have a point?

Does anyone have any advice that's actually relevant to my question and not an opinion?

#15172 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

1. Yeah, the modding industry is really suffering......
2. Yes, you can
3. Did you have a point?
Does anyone have any advice that's actually relevant to my question and not an opinion?

I used some needle nose plyers and grabbed the tip where it's not hugging the rod. It will come off.

#15173 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I have a dumb question.

If you can’t pull it off, just cut it length-wise with a razor.

#15174 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I used some needle nose plyers and grabbed the tip where it's not hugging the rod. It will come off.

Thanks. With the amount of resistance it was giving me, I decided it best to check I wasnt doing something wrong. Just reef on it eh?

#15175 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Thanks. With the amount of resistance it was giving me, I decided it best to check I wasnt doing something wrong. Just reef on it eh?

Yea pull straight off, maybe a little wiggle.

#15176 5 years ago

It's rubber and steel. The rubber is disposable. The steel will be fine. Don't be shy with the pliers or a knife.

#15177 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Lots done on this one.
Color DMD
Blades
Grill
Speaker lights
Shaker
powdercoat wireform
Cemetary arch
Pinnovator board
Cliffys
Titans
Tmolding
Guitar picks
Roll over mirror

Don't forget my 2 mods.

#15179 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I imagine it's probably about the same effect. Don't think pinstadium was available back when I originally bought my lightning blades(3-4yrs ago), or at least I never knew of them back then. Can't remember the cost, but pretty sure pinstadium was a lot more too.

#15180 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I imagine it's probably about the same effect. Don't think pinstadium was available back when I originally bought my lightning blades(3-4yrs ago), or at least I never knew of them back then. Can't remember the cost, but pretty sure pinstadium was a lot more too.

Yeah i was just randomly thinking of it cause the MET I had came with the side art but not the lights. And I have some sets of PS already and, yeah. Haha

#15181 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah i was just randomly thinking of it cause the MET I had came with the side art but not the lights. And I have some sets of PS already and, yeah. Haha

Well, if you already have a set of PS, I'd use those. So those do the ultraviolet color as well?

#15182 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Well, if you already have a set of PS, I'd use those. So those do the ultraviolet color as well?

Yeah. There’s a GI strip which follows a GI bulb of your choice. Then the flasher strip which is UV glow and yeah it looks just like this creeping death mod.

#15183 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. There’s a GI strip which follows a GI bulb of your choice. Then the flasher strip which is UV glow and yeah it looks just like this creeping death mod.

Well, get to it! Video will be mandatory, and thanks ...... You're probably gonna cost me a couple hundred bucks

#15184 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Well, get to it! Video will be mandatory, and thanks ...... You're probably gonna cost me a couple hundred bucks

Too late. Had the idea after the MET I had already left. Haha

#15185 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Would you get the same effect if you hooked Pinstadiums into the same flasher? Then wouldn’t have the bars running down the middle of the game.

It is close, but not as intense. I had the Creeping Death led strips and art blades for years and when I got Pinstadiums with UV Glow I hooked them up to the same flasher and ended up taking the Creeping Death led strips off.

I think the main difference in the intensity is due to the Creeping Death strips being mounted a few inches inside and pointed back at the side art blades, while the Pinstadiums are mounted on the art blades and have to flash all the way across the playfield to light up the art blades on the other side, so the effect is just not as strong. However, the benefit of the Pinstadiums is that they light up the entire playfield, do all the GI lighting/dimming and other stuff and do not obstruct your view at all.

They are each fantastic mods in their own right and I highly recommend both. Just depends on if you want the cleaner look and all the added features of the Pinstadiums or the more intense UV visual, slightly more cluttered look and much lower price of the Creeping Death strips.

#15186 5 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

It is close, but not as intense. I had the Creeping Death led strips and art blades for years and when I got Pinstadiums with UV Glow I hooked them up to the same flasher and ended up taking the Creeping Death led strips off.
I think the main difference in the intensity is due to the Creeping Death strips being mounted a few inches inside and pointed back at the side art blades, while the Pinstadiums are mounted on the art blades and have to flash all the way across the playfield to light up the art blades on the other side, so the effect is just not as strong. However, the benefit of the Pinstadiums is that they light up the entire playfield, do all the GI lighting/dimming and other stuff and do not obstruct your view at all.
They are each fantastic mods in their own right and I highly recommend both. Just depends on if you want the cleaner look and all the added features of the Pinstadiums or the more intense UV visual, slightly more cluttered look and much lower price of the Creeping Death strips.

Thanks for the comparison. I'm good with my creeping death mod now

#15187 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Thanks for the comparison. I'm good with my creeping death mod now

Me too. Both great options it sounds like. I really like my old lightning blades intensity, plus gives another layer of matching artwork.

Knowing now how the rollover Lanes work has changed so much on how I'm playing the game. Glad I asked and now realize all the rollovers are connected towards the mystery award. Thanks again.

#15188 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Me too. Both great options it sounds like. I really like my old lightning blades intensity, plus gives another layer of matching artwork.
Knowing now how the rollover Lanes work has changed so much on how I'm playing the game. Glad I asked and now realize all the rollovers are connected towards the mystery award. Thanks again.

Just incase you do t already know. Every time you collect them all (without collecting at the scoop) the value will increase by one level. Mystery goes up one level for every complete set. The higher the level the better the award.....usually. (hate watching pass extra ball to give me points)

#15189 5 years ago

Never broke a bill..... until now. Factory settings. Gane lasted 49 minutes!

20181215_144350 (resized).jpg20181215_144350 (resized).jpg
#15190 5 years ago

I picked up a set of the Hooked spinners.
How much will gameplay progress and scoring change with them installed?

#15191 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I picked up a set of the Hooked spinners.
How much will gameplay progress and scoring change with them installed?

Very little from a scoring perspective and my experience has been you will see blackened a little more frequently. I believe pick hits are only 10pts or something tiny so ripping the spinners doesn’t score you many points. You can now make the outside pick targets without hitting them at all so that is why blackened is a little easier as you will collect band members a little faster. For those do it yourselfers, you can roll your own for a fraction of the cost by picking the parts up from pinball life... assuming you’ve got some wire and solder already. You don’t get the custom stickers for the spinners but the Prem/LE stickers look just as good imo.

X2 - https://www.pinballlife.com/complete-spinner-assembly-with-switch.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/metallica-spinner-decal-set.html

You also need a couple of diodes which are super cheap, some solder and some wire.

#15192 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Very little from a scoring perspective and my experience has been you will see blackened a little more frequently. I believe pick hits are only 10pts or something tiny so ripping the spinners doesn’t score you many points. You can now make the outside pick targets without hitting them at all so that is why blackened is a little easier as you will collect band members a little faster.

Thanks!
I'm after the cool look and feel. Was hoping it wouldn't change the play much.

#15193 5 years ago

Wanted to point out that if you can't get the radio/jukebox mode to work in attract, it's probably turned off.
It's in the game adjustments. I forget the number, but it's pretty high, over 100.

#15194 5 years ago

Wanted to show off my LE. New topper, color dmd, speaker lights. Pingraffix creeping death power blades on order. Love my bobble heads.

ED0201A5-4A13-467D-8106-55A97B0BECA8 (resized).jpegED0201A5-4A13-467D-8106-55A97B0BECA8 (resized).jpeg
#15195 5 years ago

I love this game! It has to be my all time favorite pin. I have the pro model. I also love the artwork. Dirty Donny is one of my favorite artist. That being said, is there anywhere that sells the other translites? Id like to find either the master of puppets or the monsters translite. I found Mad Amusements has the monsters (premium) for sale but have never order from them. Any suggestions?

#15196 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Wanted to show off my LE. New topper, color dmd, speaker lights. Pingraffix creeping death power blades on order. Love my bobble heads.
[quoted image]

The bobbleheads seem to match the artwork pretty good. Any pics with lights on and where did you get them and the topper?

#15197 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

It wouldn't accommodate the cemetary arch anyway.

True. If you have the cemetery mod, for whatever reason, the UV creeping death mod running along the length of the side of the pf will not work.
That said, you CAN get a UV strip from Pinball Refinery (which he calls on his site "Ride the Lightning flasher mod" ( https://mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Metallica-Ride-The-Lightning-Flasher-mod/p/49525140/category=5707242 )) however if you connect to the pops, which is how it is designed, similar to above for the creeping death UV lighting, it will not work.
I have the cemetery Arch from the Mezzels, which I think is absolutely badass, so I connected my UV strip (which sits over the pf in the back of the cabinet) to the light associated with the captive ball / coffin, and, in my opinion, it offers a pretty awsome UV show, and while a bit different, still accentuates the creeping death side art blades.

#15198 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

The bobbleheads seem to match the artwork pretty good. Any pics with lights on and where did you get them and the topper?

EBay on the bobbleheads and Mezel Mods on topper. Will get a pic later.

#15199 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

EBay on the bobbleheads and Mezel Mods on topper. Will get a pic later.

Not a cheap topper but I love it!!

9B8B7420-99E7-41E7-9EED-FEAFFB01F974 (resized).jpeg9B8B7420-99E7-41E7-9EED-FEAFFB01F974 (resized).jpeg
#15200 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I love this game! It has to be my all time favorite pin. I have the pro model. I also love the artwork. Dirty Donny is one of my favorite artist. That being said, is there anywhere that sells the other translites? Id like to find either the master of puppets or the monsters translite. I found Mad Amusements has the monsters (premium) for sale but have never order from them. Any suggestions?

Marco has the monster one show up in stock from time to time. I picked it up in the summer and was able to meet Dirty Donny at the Ottawa show and have him sign it.
125321B0-6189-4359-BD6F-B9DBD8CFFD76 (resized).jpeg125321B0-6189-4359-BD6F-B9DBD8CFFD76 (resized).jpeg

Don’t overpay for it, it has shown up 3 times since May. People like to profit off these things. Mad Amusements has a deplorable track record with international shipping lots of threads here on them. Domestic shipping seems more reliable but I wouldn’t support them personally.

Check this link from time to time: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/830-52E3-01

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 304 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/304?hl=chipscott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.