C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 434.
#15101 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

How do the extra balls in 1.80 compare to previous code?

Easier. Combos are 10 instead of 20

Blown pistons increased to 15, but they work right now, so you can get up to 3 at a time.

Coffin hits are 10 for the first and 30 for everyone after that. Before it was auto adjusting, then 100 for the second one.

#15102 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would think so? What was your final score? Congrats

Thanks! I ended up 926M but there was a lot more to be had. The EOTL cash out was something like 384M alone.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Easier. Combos are 10 instead of 20
Blown pistons increased to 15, but they work right now, so you can get up to 3 at a time.
Coffin hits are 10 for the first and 30 for everyone after that. Before it was auto adjusting, then 100 for the second one.

Certainly easier than before. However it is still 20 for combos. Also coffin will still auto adjust up from 10, albeit, very slowly. On my EOTL game I got my first ever piston EB at 15 and somehow managed to get it again at 40. Before the update, I don't think I ever had more than 3 blown pistons in an entire game.

#15103 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Thanks! I ended up 926M but there was a lot more to be had. The EOTL cash out was something like 384M alone.

Certainly easier than before. However it is still 20 for combos. Also coffin will still auto adjust up from 10, albeit, very slowly. On my EOTL game I got my first ever piston EB at 15 and somehow managed to get it again at 40. Before the update, I don't think I ever had more than 3 blown pistons in an entire game.

Fair enough. Combo champ was lowered to 10.

The biggest change is the coffin. Before if you hit the coffin 100 times you’d get two EBs.

Now for your same number of hits you’d get 4 EBs.

#15104 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The biggest change is the coffin. Before if you hit the coffin 100 times you’d get two EBs.

Aaah. That explains it. So if I change the coffin settings in the menu, it will feel more like my old game" but with easier mode completions. The extra balls are becoming a bit much for me.

#15105 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Aaah. That explains it. So if I change the coffin settings in the menu, it will feel more like my old game" but with easier mode completions. The extra balls are becoming a bit much for me.

I changed the coffin to 10 hits first EB and 35 for second. It does make a difference

#15106 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So coffin all day especially during multiball? Thats alot of bashing but might be worth it for 4.extra balls!

#15107 5 years ago

Updated to 1.8. Noticed the other night the wife finished her game but a song either continued playing, or started playing as she walked away. It played through the whole song whilst no-one was on it, no game started, no ball in shooter lane, nothing. Even if this had been the case it would have only played the first few seconds anyway.
Does anyone know if some sort of attract mode or jukebox trigger has been added in? She had a very low score game and I wondered it was maybe linked to that? I did try this theory but it could be random I guess?

#15108 5 years ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

Updated to 1.8. Noticed the other night the wife finished her game but a song either continued playing, or started playing as she walked away. It played through the whole song whilst no-one was on it, no game started, no ball in shooter lane, nothing. Even if this had been the case it would have only played the first few seconds anyway.
Does anyone know if some sort of attract mode or jukebox trigger has been added in? She had a very low score game and I wondered it was maybe linked to that? I did try this theory but it could be random I guess?

If you hold flipper buttons down in attract mode it goes into radio mode and you can pick which song plays.

#15109 5 years ago

Just happened to check pinside after 7 months of not being on and saw new code has dropped. Just installed it last night. I haven't played my Premium edition in a few months. Gotta try out the new code. Any settings to change right away before I play first game besides setting replay credits to extra balls? Photo of my machine updating code. Pinball Refinery didn't leave much extra wire to lay down there LED light board, oh well. Had game since 2014. Time to enjoy again.

20181209_103555 (resized).jpg20181209_103555 (resized).jpg
#15110 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Just happened to check pinside after 7 months of not being on and saw new code has dropped. Just installed it last night. I haven't played my Premium edition in a few months. Gotta try out the new code. Any settings to change right away before I play first game besides setting replay credits to extra balls? Photo of my machine updating code. Pinball Refinery didn't leave much extra wire to lay down there LED light board, oh well. Had game since 2014. Time to enjoy again.
[quoted image]

I was a little late updating as well but definitely worth doing. New code is fantastic. I got to the 4th CIU mode for the first time last weekend. Getting to EOTL now seems feasible. Never liked final wizard modes that were only possible to reach for elite players.

I forget where it is but there is a setting that clears high scores after a set number of games (2000 by default I believe). Turn that off. There is also family mode if you need that. That's all I changed so far.

#15111 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

If you hold flipper buttons down in attract mode it goes into radio mode and you can pick which song plays.

And that has been in previous code, not new to 1.80

#15112 5 years ago

Can someone share how much difference in EOTL after actually playing decent CIU modes vs. immediately exiting (or draining) out of each of the 4?

I hear claims like just get to EOTL = Billions. Do some players have lousy wizard mode performances...

#15113 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

. Never liked final wizard modes that were only possible to reach for elite players.

It still isn't no cake walk trust me and you have to still be a pretty damn good player to get there. Ive been trying to get there for the last couple of nites and i cant get it yet. I think that im capable but its not gonna be easy that's for sure.

This game is way more fun now though that it was and i may even set it up to be a tad easier after i play it for awhile on the new code.

#15114 5 years ago

Hey guys 3d printed this piston and painted it up. I think it looks cool and may print another to put on the other side but not sure yet. What you think of it? Thanks

IMG20181208140600 (resized).jpgIMG20181208140600 (resized).jpgIMG20181208140656 (resized).jpgIMG20181208140656 (resized).jpg
#15115 5 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Can someone share how much difference in EOTL after actually playing decent CIU modes vs. immediately exiting (or draining) out of each of the 4?
I hear claims like just get to EOTL = Billions. Do some players have lousy wizard mode performances...

Hell yeah. I finally got to EOTL. Actually played all the CIU modes. Finished with 600+ million. Not even close to the Billion Club yet.

#15116 5 years ago

Looks cool!

#15117 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Hey guys 3d printed this piston and painted it up. I think it looks cool and may print another to put on the other side but not sure yet. What you think of it? Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good, is the sharpie on the apron part of an autograph?

#15118 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Looks good, is the sharpie on the apron part of an autograph?

Yes dirty donny signature

#15119 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks wicked cool!! I like the skull/piston combo...nice attention to detail. I’m not sure of the placement though

#15120 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

That looks wicked cool!! I like the skull/piston combo...nice attention to detail. I’m not sure of the placement though

Any suggestions of where else to put it on the game?

#15121 5 years ago

Anyone have any ideas on how to light this plastic ? Metal bracket blocks the light. Maybe shorten bracket or Hollow out the center? Just seems like it could be improved.

F0D2FAC0-0737-4CDA-B451-AF5959C4CCC1 (resized).jpegF0D2FAC0-0737-4CDA-B451-AF5959C4CCC1 (resized).jpeg
#15122 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Anyone have any ideas on how to light this plastic ? Metal bracket blocks the light. Maybe shorten bracket or Hollow out the center? Just seems like it could be improved.
[quoted image]

That one bothers the hell out of me as well.

#15124 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Glad it’s not just me. I started a mod request thread hoping some of the creative modders on Pinside could come up with a solution. If no one has interest I might try to improve it.

#15125 5 years ago

Please explain. It’s a metal bracket under there. Thanks.

#15126 5 years ago

Are you thinking the light will transfer to the paper if it is placed on top of metal bracket? Is that what you mean? Seems worth trying. Thanks.

#15127 5 years ago

Clear plastic 3 D printed bracket might also work.

#15128 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Are you thinking the light will transfer to the paper if it is placed on top of metal bracket? Is that what you mean? Seems worth trying. Thanks.

Put this inbetween the bracket and the plastic.

I have never used this stuff before though.

ebay.com link: i

#15129 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Put this inbetween the bracket and the plastic.
I have never used this stuff before though.
ebay.com link

Oh I get it. Sort of like a lit scorecard mod. Interesting idea.

#15130 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I got a PM from Vireland .He may take on this project some time in the future. He has made some great mods for Metallica and Iron Maiden so I’m sure he’ll have a nice solution.

#15131 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I got a PM from Vireland .He may take on this project some time in the future. He has made some great mods for Metallica and Iron Maiden so I’m sure he’ll have a nice solution.

It never bothered me until now, thanks guys. I would buy this mod.

#15132 5 years ago

I don't recall my "mystery" insert being that dark. now, I'm going to have to take a 2nd look when I get home today

#15133 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Any suggestions of where else to put it on the game?

Closer to the Piston Target would be the natural thought... I did think that is where someone else in this thread had posted them putting the same one. I'll see if I can find it.

Found it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/277#post-4485622

So not much higher than where you have it... but closer to the target nonetheless

#15134 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I don't recall my "mystery" insert being that dark. now, I'm going to have to take a 2nd look when I get home today

I don't think they are talking about the mystery insert, bit the plastic over the scoop

#15135 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

It never bothered me until now, thanks guys. I would buy this mod.

Same thing happened to me when a guy pointed out the cross inserts light were bleeding light. Had to get his mod because it bugged me. Never noticed it until he pointed it out . Plastic inserts under the lights eliminated all
light bleed from the crosses.

#15136 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I don't think they are talking about the mystery insert, bit the plastic over the scoop

Yes. Plastic over the scoop.

#15137 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Same thing happened to me when a guy pointed out the cross inserts light were bleeding light. Had to get his mod because it bugged me. Never noticed it until he pointed it out . Plastic inserts under the lights eliminated all
light bleed from the crosses.

Yeah whatever happened to that guy and those???

#15138 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

really?? I never expected that portion of the plastic to be lit up. I look for the "extra ball" or "crank it up" lights lit. I would think that lighting the plastic would take away from seeing if either of those LEDs are lit

#15141 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

monkeyboypaul he's back!

And he rocks!

#15142 5 years ago

Could someone advise me as to a good location to tap some power? I jimmied up some nice speaker lights. 12v strip. I usually just tied into a gi or flasher bit the gi barely lights the strips. Where is a good spot to get steady 12v power. Not a flasher. I've been fiddling around the coin door but I'm no electrician. Thanks

#15143 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Could someone advise me as to a good location to tap some power? I jimmied up some nice speaker lights. 12v strip. I usually just tied into a gi or flasher bit the gi barely lights the strips. Where is a good spot to get steady 12v power. Not a flasher. I've been fiddling around the coin door but I'm no electrician. Thanks

There's a molex connector up on the right below the flipper switch you can tap into. You'll need a long lead to get there from the head, but it works fine. Use a multimeter to check the voltage and make sure you have the right one.

#15144 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The manual has the information you seek.

#15145 5 years ago

After all these years, I still play this game the most. After all these years though, I still can't figure out the top two skill shot Lanes. What are we trying to do with those and do we want to roll over them when it's lit or not lit? I'm not talking about the skill shot, but during game play. Trying to figure out what they increase or do.

#15146 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

After all these years, I still play this game the most. After all these years though, I still can't figure out the top two skill shot Lanes. What are we trying to do with those and do we want to roll over them when it's lit or not lit? I'm not talking about the skill shot, but during game play. Trying to figure out what they increase or do.

During gameplay, you want to light the 5 rollover lanes. Two up top and 3 inlane ones down low. Roll over to light them and flipper buttons to cycle them left or right. Light them all and you light mystery.

#15147 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

If not the skill shot, they are to complete the 5 yellow lights (3 Outlane and 2 rollover). By completing these, you advance Mystery. The more you do it, the better Mystery is. You want to have the ball go through the lanes with the lights off, so the lights get lit when the ball rolls over the switch.

#15148 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

During gameplay, you want to light the 5 rollover lanes. Two up top and 3 inlane ones down low. Roll over to light them and flipper buttons to cycle them left or right. Light them all and you light mystery.

That's what I was thinking, but wasn't seeing anything change. Didn't realize the bottom out Lanes were tied to the top Lanes though. This changes everything in regards to the lanes. Thanks for the explanation guys.

#15149 5 years ago

additionally, on the plunge if you hold down the left flipper button [just like for a the super skill shot] and land the ball in the left top lane, you receive a 2x bonus or a 4x bonus for the right top lane.

if you can hit that shot repeatedly, you can rack up 3.1M (on the 3rd ball) for that one shot alone

#15150 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

additionally, on the plunge if you hold down the left flipper button [just like for a the super skill shot] and land the ball in the left top lane, you receive a 2x bonus or a 4x bonus for the right top lane.
if you can hit that shot repeatedly, you can rack up 3.1M (on the 3rd ball) for that one shot alone

Wow that’s news to me! Thanks!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/303 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.