IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 433.
#15051 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

On 3 ball?
Man, that is a monster score!
I'm struggling to get 200K!

Just hitting the skill shot gets you more than that!

#15052 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

On 3 ball?

I feel your pain. I still dont think that I will ever make it to EOL.

#15053 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

On 3 ball?

Yeah, 3 ball. EoTL is crazy, and the points stack up really fast!

#15054 5 years ago
Quoted from iAmKemo:

Yeah, 3 ball. EoTL is crazy, and the points stack up really fast!

How long did that game last would you guess?

#15055 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How long did that game last would you guess?

20 minutes at least, felt like forever!

#15056 5 years ago
Quoted from iAmKemo:

20 minutes at least, felt like forever!

I bet it was for sure 20 minutes plus. You was probably getting tired i bet lol.

#15057 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I bet it was for sure 20 minutes plus. You was probably getting tired i bet lol.

Doesn’t take that long to get to EOTL anymore. And once you get there, it’s free billions.

#15058 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Doesn’t take that long to get to EOTL anymore. And once you get there, it’s free billions.

If I am in For whom the bell tolls mode, do i just have to hit 1 sparky, 1 coffin, 1 snake, and 1 cross and then hit the scoop to cash out and move along?

#15059 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If I am in For whom the bell tolls mode, do i just have to hit 1 sparky, 1 coffin, 1 snake, and 1 cross and then hit the scoop to cash out and move along?

Yep. That’s the case for all the CIU modes.

Remember too. When you get EOTL the values of the shots and super jackpots are based on how well you did in the CIU modes.

#15060 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. That’s the case for all the CIU modes.
Remember too. When you get EOTL the values of the shots and super jackpots are based on how well you did in the CIU modes.

And once you complete the multiball modes it takes like double the hits to get back into them or the crank it up modes again correct?

#15061 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

And once you complete the multiball modes it takes like double the hits to get back into them or the crank it up modes again correct?

Multiball has nothing to do with getting EOTL

First go to CIU it’s 10 or 12 shots to each the drops, sparky, coffin, and snake.

Each subsequent CIU the requirements increase by 1.

#15062 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Multiball has nothing to do with getting EOTL
First go to CIU it’s 10 or 12 shots to each the drops, sparky, coffin, and snake.
Each subsequent CIU the requirements increase by 1.

They only increase by 1 shot?

So the 2nd CIU mode will take 11-13 hits on each one of the 4 targets, 3rd CIU will take 12-14 hits to each target and the last CIU mode will take 13-15 hits on each one is what you are saying right?

#15063 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They only increase by 1 shot?
So the 2nd CIU mode will take 11-13 hits on each one of the 4 targets, 3rd CIU will take 12-14 hits to each target and the last CIU mode will take 13-15 hits on each one is what you are saying right?

I think that is correct but you can always change these values in settings

#15064 5 years ago

Where did you pick up the wires for the switch? I know I could use any wire of that size, I just like how yours are all together.

#15065 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I think that is correct but you can always change these values in settings

And i may do just that too, at least until i get to play EOL. Thats still a lot of bashing when you add it all up getting to EOL.

#15066 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

And i may do just that too, at least until i get to play EOL. Thats still a lot of bashing when you add it all up getting to EOL.

Yep. That’s why this game is overrated.

#15067 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. That’s why this game is overrated.

Shh easy now!!

The good thing is the wood chopping is easy to fix. The playfield design is excellent and the CIU modes are a lot of fun too so it can definitely be made to be more fun with a few adjustments.

#15068 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Shh easy now!!
The good thing is the wood chopping is easy to fix. The playfield design is excellent and the CIU modes are a lot of fun too so it can definitely be made to be more fun with a few adjustments.

Haha. Justify your adjustment cheating any way you want. Haha

#15069 5 years ago

What are the benefits of an external volume control?! When during play would you need to adjust the sound

#15070 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

What are the benefits of an external volume control?! When during play would you need to adjust the sound

It's nice to adjust volume without having to open the coinbox in general.

Some like skipping the sparky animation with it too.

#15071 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What are you bashing other than the coffin (which can be cut in half through inlane hits)? All the other items can be achieved through the orbits, ramps, graveyard, snake, and Sparky. That's pretty spead out. If you had to hit the same couple of shots over and over, I'd call that bashing.

#15072 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

What are you bashing other than the coffin (which can be cut in half through inlane hits)? All the other items can be achieved through the orbits, ramps, graveyard, snake, and Sparky. That's pretty spead out. If you had to hit the same couple of shots over and over, I'd call that bashing.

Yes that's true and i just gotta get a strategy figured out and roll with it. I played tonight and got 2 ciu modes in a few games and a top score of 338 million which i know isn't great but im getting there. I just want to get to EOL. I really like this game, the shots are super satisfying and fun.

#15073 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Where did you pick up the wires for the switch? I know I could use any wire of that size, I just like how yours are all together.

It’s not this seller but this kind of wire

ebay.com link: 0

#15074 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

On 3 ball?

I need to come by and initial your game

#15075 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes that's true and i just gotta get a strategy figured out and roll with it. I played tonight and got 2 ciu modes in a few games and a top score of 338 million which i know isn't great but im getting there. I just want to get to EOL. I really like this game, the shots are super satisfying and fun.

My strategy for reaching EOTL (if it's worth anything):

1) Don't worry about points. Worry about collecting the four items.
2) Every time the ball hits an inlane switch, try for coffin until you get it.
3) My easiest shots are left orbit, graveyard (backhand), and right ramp. I usually lock in graveyard first and use MB to accumulate more inserts.
4) Back to rule #1...if CIU is ready during mb, I trap a ball and let the others drain.
5) Get in and out of CIU asap. Hit your four items, collect at the scoop, and end the CIU.
6) Do not start S&D. If you have one or two remaining shots to complete a row, avoid those shots to avoid S&D. If the last hurry up starts, trap the ball and let it time out.
7) While collecting items for your successive CIUs, revert to rule #2, and then focus on the shots you've been nailing (left orbit, graveyard backhand, right ramp).
8) After you have two or three CIUs, be careful during multiballs not to start S&D.

If your goal is a high score, the strategy is much more open, and you can enjoy the multiballs, double-scoring, stacking into CIU modes, etc. Completing FWTBT with a double-scoring collection (and stacked with S&D, FUEL or Blackened) and then collecting with 2x scoring is HUGE! After you exit CIU, you have an opportunity to collect 25% of your CIU jackpot by hitting each arrow insert and going back to the scoop. For example, a 400mil CIU collect would award another 100mil and the CIU light will flash when the scoop is ready.

#15076 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'll just leave these here... pinsider spinny-vinny did em up

Dayum! That’s Amazeballs

#15077 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

My strategy for reaching EOTL (if it's worth anything):
1) Don't worry about points. Worry about collecting the four items.
2) Every time the ball hits an inlane switch, try for coffin until you get it.
3) My easiest shots are left orbit, graveyard (backhand), and right ramp. I usually lock in graveyard first and use MB to accumulate more inserts.
4) Back to rule #1...if CIU is ready during mb, I trap a ball and let the others drain.
5) Get in and out of CIU asap. Hit your four items, collect at the scoop, and end the CIU.
6) Do not start S&D. If you have one or two remaining shots to complete a row, avoid those shots to avoid S&D. If the last hurry up starts, trap the ball and let it time out.
7) While collecting items for your successive CIUs, revert to rule #2, and then focus on the shots you've been nailing (left orbit, graveyard backhand, right ramp).
8) After you have two or three CIUs, be careful during multiballs not to start S&D.
If your goal is a high score, the strategy is much more open, and you can enjoy the multiballs, double-scoring, stacking into CIU modes, etc. Completing FWTBT with a double-scoring collecion (and stacked with S&D, FUEL or Blackened) and then collecting with 2x scoring is HUGE! After you exit CIU, you have an opportunity to collect 25% of your CIU jackpot by hitting each arrow insert and going back to the scoop. For example, a 400mil CIU collect would award another 100mil and the CIU light will flash when the scoop is ready.

Thank you for taking the time to write that up. So the modes have to be completed and not just played right?

#15078 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thank you for taking the time to write that up. So the modes have to be completed and not just played right?

They don’t have to be completed (hit every shot for that mode) you just have to exit the mode by hit snake, coffin, sparky, and cross one time each. At that point the CIU light will blink. Hit the scoop and collect the jackpot. Then work towards starting a new CIU.

#15079 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just played. But you want to complete them ASAP so you can start working towards the next one. Only other way is to drain and you don’t want that.

#15080 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thank you for tsking the time to write that up. So the modes have to be completed and not just played right?

No. You only need to start them. If you drain without collecting at the scoop, you still progress to EOTL. If you play Battery and drain, Battery is no longer available as a choice, but the 5th CIU is still EOTL.

Edit: Chuckwurt beat me to it.

#15081 5 years ago

Ok got it it. Thanks guys. Ok one more question. When i am in multiball do all of my hits to the cross, snake, coffin, and sparky count toward ciu modes also?

#15082 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok got it it. Thanks guys. Ok one more question. When i am in multiball do all of my hits to the cross, snake, coffin, and sparky count toward ciu modes also?

Yes.

#15083 5 years ago

Ok so technically speaking you could on your first multiball that you get just keep hammering away and hit the cross, snake, coffin, and sparky like 50 times each and which would be enough to start 4 CIU modes? Am i thinking right here or no?

I know that is an unlikely scenario but im just wondering what would happen if you did that?

#15084 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok so technically speaking you could on your first multiball that you get just keep hammering away and hit the cross, snake, coffin, and sparky like 50 times each and which would be enough to start 4 CIU modes? Am i thinking right here or no?
I know that is an unlikely scenario but im just wondering what would happen if you did that?

No. All those extra hits don’t count for shit until you get out of your first CIU. Then they start to count again. Can’t hit them all 50 times then start 4 CIUs back to back to back.

#15085 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. All those extra hits don’t count for shit until you get out of your first CIU. Then they start to count again. Can’t hit them all 50 times then start 4 CIUs back to back to back.

Ok thats what i was afraid of. Damn you Lyman!

#15086 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok thats what i was afraid of. Damn you Lyman!

If that was allowed, EOTL would be an easier wizard mode to reach than getting scared stiff.

#15087 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If that was allowed, EOTL would be an easier wizard mode to reach than getting scared stiff.

Yeah i kinda knew the answer to the question but i just wanted to confirm it. I think i can do this though. It wont be easy but i think its doable.

#15088 5 years ago

How many shots total are required in 1.80 vs. previous code?

Trying to determine how much easier the gamehas been made.

#15089 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

How many shots total are required in 1.80 vs. previous code?
Trying to determine how much easier the gamehas been made.

12 to start and increases by one each time you play a CIU

Old code was 15 then increased by 2.

#15090 5 years ago

My mystery scoop is starting to not give mystery awards, start crank it ups or collect extra balls. It doesn’t happen all the time but it’s really annoying when you hit the scoop to start a CIU and it just spits it back out. From what I can tell, there is only one switch in that scoop and it seems to be adjusted properly. If the game knows the ball is in the scoop to kick it out, wouldn’t it know to award things as well?

#15091 5 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

If the game knows the ball is in the scoop to kick it out, wouldn’t it know to award things as well?

You would think so but no. Bend your switch actuator arm into the scoop a bit more.

#15092 5 years ago

Dammit! Had one shot left for snake, and then could have started EOTL!!!

Man that stings!!!

#15093 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Dammit! Had one shot left for snake, and then could have started EOTL!!!
Man that stings!!!

Not cool!

#15094 5 years ago

How do the extra balls in 1.80 compare to previous code?

#15095 5 years ago

Got to my first EOTL. Despite the panic induced flailing and not knowing WTF was going on, I was able to collect the final jackpot. Is that essentially finishing the mode?

#15096 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Got to my first EOTL. Despite the panic induced flailing and not knowing WTF was going on, I was able to collect the final jackpot. Is that essentially finishing the mode?

I would think so? What was your final score? Congrats

#15097 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

12 to start and increases by one each time you play a CIU
Old code was 15 then increased by 2.

Assuming it can be changed back easily though, should that be required.

#15098 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Assuming it can be changed back easily though, should that be required.

What do you mean Paul?

#15099 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What do you mean Paul?

The game settings, what’s required to achieve CIU, can be changed from the 1.80 defaults.

#15100 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

The game settings, what’s required to achieve CIU, can be changed from the 1.80 defaults.

Yes you can change the CIU requirements.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/302 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.