IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 301 of 433.
#15001 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why is the disc for the ball magnet the wrong size for the hole? That's a huge gap.

Stock look, been that way since day 1, dunno what to say otherwise.

#15002 5 years ago

I'm in, just picked it up this morning!

20181202_160334 (resized).jpg20181202_160334 (resized).jpg
#15003 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think mine is about the same. How does yours look??

IMG_20181202_193951707 (resized).jpgIMG_20181202_193951707 (resized).jpg

#15004 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Weird. The one we had here seemed more centered and filled out the hole better.

EDIT: Looking through some old pics it was similar to yours, just less pronounced off-center. Nevermind.

#15005 5 years ago

I have a like new Cemetery Arch mod from Mezel for sale.

$40 plus shipping. Will ship to Canada and USA.

For your reference: https://mezelmods.com/products/cemetery

PM if interested.

I also have a full set of 4 guitar mods. If interested, I can make you a bundled price.

Here are the guitars: https://cointaker.com/products/metallica-t-flaming-elk-guitar-mod

#15006 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah I had an issue where it felt like maybe the Newton ball was magnetized, so I swapped it. I like it.
[quoted image]

Cool, thanks! I agree - it looks good, as does your hammer

Hadn't considered magnetism either, so it probably makes more sense to use ceramic.

#15007 5 years ago

Does anyone happen to know the RAL number for the more common purple power-coating used on MET games?

#15008 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

SmartDMD will only set you back around 200-225 USD I expect
So you get to keep some money to keep your wife happy

please share with us where color dmd can be purchased for 225...Thank you kindly

#15009 5 years ago
Quoted from Murrminator:

please share with us where color dmd can be purchased for 225...Thank you kindly

From their instructions:
"Before we get started it's important to note that I'm assuming you have some basic computer skills. You don't need to be a tech guru, but understanding basic computer terminology and how to move around on a Window PC is a prerequisite for SmartDMD."

It's basically a DIY-type option. Nowhere near as many machines with colorization available as ColorDMD, and if it's not, you have to color each frame yourself. It's also nowhere near as plug and play as ColorDMD.

#15010 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

From their instructions:
"Before we get started it's important to note that I'm assuming you have some basic computer skills. You don't need to be a tech guru, but understanding basic computer terminology and how to move around on a Window PC is a prerequisite for SmartDMD."
It's basically a DIY-type option. Nowhere near as many machines with colorization available as ColorDMD, and if it's not, you have to color each frame yourself. It's also nowhere near as plug and play as ColorDMD.

this is so very true, however miked and I have fully coloured MET and I have the script working under 1.80 should you choose to take this route. you can check out the smartdmd thread for examples of the work that I did on it
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smartdmd-dmd-interface-with-colors-upscaling-network-and-more/page/11#post-3217582
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smartdmd-dmd-interface-with-colors-upscaling-network-and-more/page/12#post-3297432
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/287#post-4629445

#15011 5 years ago

I'd consider myself above average on the computer skill side of things and I struggled with the SmartDMD work. My struggles were mainly with the lack of understanding of all the pieces I needed. I didn't realize I needed to use the side channel method to get it working so I needed another board added to the mix. j_m_ and oga83 were a fantastic resource and I wouldn't have gotten to the end of it without their support... with all that being said I removed it from my game recently as I wasn't happen with the contrast ratio of the LCD I was using, particularly after I added a TWD with a ColorDMD product in it, the LCD on that is just beautiful. So I'm back to red on my MET. You also need some level of fabricating skills to build a mount for it all.

#15012 5 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Hey guys, sorry for disappearing on these. Work/School/Kids and a few other things have gotten in the way. I was finding myself unable to get them out in a timely manner.
1. Woody, please send my your mailing address again.
2. I'll have these up in the market section by the end of the week. I have a bunch made up, but want to pre-pack them so I don't run into issues getting them out on time.
3. If you have access to a 3d printer, let me know. Happy to send my files over.

A friend printed a set of these for my pro and they look great, thanks for sharing!

#15013 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed since the update that the trough eject power is way too hard now? I have had my ball eject out of the ball trough, into the shooter lane, and bounce out of the shooter lane and onto the Playfield. I cannot find a setting to adjust the trough eject power?

#15014 5 years ago

Every 10 games or so I get a trough eject with two balls. Anyone know why this just happens sporadically like this?

Also I tried lowering the snake with washers and I'm still getting quite a few rejections. Can someone who has a snake that does not reject possibly take a photo of where the snake is positioned with the jaw down.

I want to see where it is positioned in the groove of the wood. Right now I have tried to centered so there is the same amount of space opening on the left and right side of the snake's head. Not sure if it should be leaning more one way.

Any help would be appreciated.

#15015 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Every 10 games or so I get a trough eject with two balls. Anyone know why this just happens sporadically like this?
Also I tried lowering the snake with washers and I'm still getting quite a few rejections. Can someone who has a snake that does not reject possibly take a photo of where the snake is positioned with the jaw down.
I want to see where it is positioned in the groove of the wood. Right now I have tried to centered so there is the same amount of space opening on the left and right side of the snake's head. Not sure if it should be leaning more one way.

Make sure both connections are tight for the trough.

#15016 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Has anyone noticed since the update that the trough eject power is way too hard now? I have had my ball eject out of the ball trough, into the shooter lane, and bounce out of the shooter lane and onto the Playfield. I cannot find a setting to adjust the trough eject power?

Mine has not changed.

#15017 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Mine has not changed.

I really cant guarantee that mine has changed. Its always ejected into the shooter lane pretty hard but i have never had it bounce out of the shooter lane and onto the playfield before. I really wish that i could tone it down a little.

#15018 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Mine was doing this...It ejected a ball, it would bounce back down into the trough on top of the next ball, it would then eject both of those. I put a small piece of electric tape along the rail where the ball hit to absorb some energy and it hasn't happened since. Hope that helps

#15019 5 years ago

isn't there a coil power setting? I recall there was one in V1.70 but maybe I'm thinking spike systems

#15020 5 years ago

Can someone tell me what this means?

20181204_094824 (resized).jpg20181204_094824 (resized).jpg
#15021 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Can someone tell me what this means?[quoted image]

It's a new setting in this update, previously you could only adjust eject power

#15022 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

It's a new setting in this update, previously you could only adjust eject power

What does it do though?

Also, do you know if there is a ball trough eject setting?

#15023 5 years ago

Has the score balancing in 1.80 made it easier or harder to get high scores?

I feel like the main objectives have become easier but the score itself is lower in my games than normal.

That or I just suck haha!

#15024 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What does it do though?
Also, do you know if there is a ball trough eject setting?

It allows for more adjustability and fine tuning of the scoop eject. Now you have 2 settings to tweak to get it just right if needed. Luckily for me I just left both settings at default and it works well.

Broke out right eject kick settings into TIME and POWER. This gives
better resolution/control over the behavior of the kick.

#15025 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Has the score balancing in 1.80 made it easier or harder to get high scores?
I feel like the main objectives have become easier but the score itself is lower in my games than normal.
That or I just suck haha!

I feel the average score has gone up. But I haven't played it enough yet to attain my previous high scores.
I think Lyman has done a nice job of balancing. And he fixed a couple bugs that always annoyed me... so I'm very happy!
I'm praying he can throw out another quick update on AC/DC to make that perfect. Oi!

#15026 5 years ago

It allows for more adjustability and fine tuning of the scoop eject. Now you have 2 settings to tweak to get it just right if needed. Luckily for me I just left both settings at default and it works well.

That's the right scoop eject, though. Not the trough eject into the shooter lane.

#15027 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That's the right scoop eject, though. Not the trough eject into the shooter lane.

Correct. I wasn't talking about the trough.

#15028 5 years ago

Finally got my snake wire form back from being powdercoated. Looks great. Green with just a touch of gold sparkle for shine (i went with a pretty dull green to match the snake) Now i just need these darn Titan rings to show up so i can put this all back together and finally try the new code out. 1.8 came out the same day I took my machine apart. Bad luck

#15029 5 years ago

Of course picture never do justice but I had some people ask to see it when it was done. I'll post pics again once its installed.
*I just noticed these picture make it look weird. The finish is smooth as silk. I think the sparkles give the picture a look of messy paint. Looks great in person.

20181205_160803 (resized).jpg20181205_160803 (resized).jpg20181205_160808 (resized).jpg20181205_160808 (resized).jpg20181205_160928 (resized).jpg20181205_160928 (resized).jpg

#15030 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Of course picture never do justice but I had some people ask to see it when it was done. I'll post pics again once its installed.
*I just noticed these picture make it look weird. The finish is smooth as silk. I think the sparkles give the picture a look of messy paint. Looks great in person.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome! I’m gonna do that same thing, but have to wait until the new pin comes, otherwise my wife will be mad we don’t have enough pins to play.

#15031 5 years ago

Yay, Titans showed up today. Here are a few pics of the snake. I'm really happy with it. Cost me $80 cdn. Well worth it.
Just waiting on my Cemetery arch and I think I'm finally about done modding this one. Metallica is far too mod-able. More so than any other pin I can think of. It's easy to go down a hole of modding on this one but I love this game and dont plan on selling it so I dont care about the money I dump into it. It's my personalized pin and I love it

20181205_222908 (resized).jpg20181205_222908 (resized).jpg20181205_222918 (resized).jpg20181205_222918 (resized).jpg20181205_222937 (resized).jpg20181205_222937 (resized).jpg

#15032 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yay, Titans showed up today. Here are a few pics of the snake. I'm really happy with it. Cost me $80 cdn. Well worth it.
Just waiting on my Cemetery arch and I think I'm finally about done modding this one. Metallica is far too mod-able. More so than any other pin I can think of. It's easy to go down a hole of modding on this one but I love this game and dont plan on selling it so I dont care about the money I dump into it. It's my personalized pin and I love it

I'll just leave these here... pinsider spinny-vinny did em up

20170129_124250 (resized).jpg20170129_124250 (resized).jpg20180305_174038_006 (resized).jpg20180305_174038_006 (resized).jpg
#15033 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

When I first got mine it would also eject 2 balls into the shooter lane. The 1st ball would bounce off of the cliffy in the shooter lane and fall back into the trough on top of another ball. Then both would be ejected. I fixed this by bending the metal deflector slightly down towards the plunger. This prevented the first ball from bouncing back into the trough.
Junky

#15034 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The snake mod is great. Your rear section is not sitting flush on top of the ramp though like it should, is it warped or not tightened down all the way?

#15035 5 years ago

The snake mod is great. Your rear section is not sitting flush on top of the ramp though like it should, is it warped or not tightened down all the way?

My snake doesnt fit the ramp exactly right. The screw hole in the back doesnt come close to lining up so it only has the 2 screw on the ends. I mentioned this issue when I recieved it but was basically told they are made through a 3rd party and hes not making them any more so I should feel lucky. The gap is negligible from eye level though. The camera is right in there

#15036 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Does anyone happen to know the RAL number for the more common purple power-coating used on MET games?

anyone?

#15037 5 years ago

Just pick the purple you like most

#15038 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My snake doesnt fit the ramp exactly right. The screw hole in the back doesnt come close to lining up so it only has the 2 screw on the ends. I mentioned this issue when I recieved it but was basically told they are made through a 3rd party and hes not making them any more so I should feel lucky. The gap is negligible from eye level though. The camera is right in there

Ahh ok. I had the same issue and couldn't even install mine. I took a dremel with a bit smaller than the hole and slotted it. That allowed it to fit flush with the ramp.

#15039 5 years ago

I had the same issue and couldn't even install mine. I took a dremel with a bit smaller than the hole and slotted it. That allowed it to fit flush with the ramp.

Nice! The dremel is my favorite pinball tool. I use it for so many things.

#15040 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Nice! The dremel is my favorite pinball tool. I use it for so many things.

I once got a PotC off a route that hadn't had rubber on the shooter rod in forever and it was so mushroomed, I couldn't get it out. I had to dremel the end off the rod. Super handy tool.

#15043 5 years ago

If anybody wants an external volume control switch let me know. It fits in your unused tournament button spot under the start button on any SAM game and wires up to your existing coin door volume buttons by soldering to the existing terminals (3 wires) or you can use your own quick connectors. I'll be making a few extras this weekend, cost is $20 shipped. These currently sell for $30+shipping at Marco and PBL.

#15044 5 years ago

If anybody wants an external volume control switch let me know. It fits in your unused tournament button spot under the start button on any SAM game and wires up to your existing coin door volume buttons by soldering to the existing terminals (3 wires) or you can use your own quick connectors. I'll be making a few extras this weekend, cost is $20 shipped. These currently sell for $30+shipping at Marco and PBL.

I’ll take it.

#15046 5 years ago

I believe snakesnsparklers also used a transparent plug to mount his rocker switch in and lit it up... which was an awesome touch to your mod @rensh. You should put a picture of that up @snakesnsparklers... if I have that right, I know someone did it.

Edit: Further note, you will want to update your code to the latest if you haven't to use this mod effectively. On my 1.68 Code holding the volume down or up did not allow the volume to ramp, you had to press the button for each level of volume, once I updated to the latest code though it ramped.

Edit #2: It was onemoresean that added the translucent button plug to his volume rocker, that is where the credit is due https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-code-180-for-metallica-/page/5#post-4705882

#15047 5 years ago

These are all spoken for, much quicker than I thought. If you still want one shoot me a message and I'll put you on the list when I make up some more in about 2 weeks.

#15048 5 years ago

Really enjoying the new update! First time in EoTL and it was a blast!

Highscore1 (resized).jpgHighscore1 (resized).jpg
#15049 5 years ago
Quoted from iAmKemo:

Really enjoying the new update! First time in EoTL and it was a blast!
[quoted image]

On 3 ball?

Man, that is a monster score!

I'm struggling to get 200K!

#15050 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

On 3 ball?
Man, that is a monster score!
I'm struggling to get 200K!

Once you get to EOTL the billions are like candy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 301 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/301 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.