C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 434.
#14951 5 years ago

Holy shit I am 9 days late to the dance! TIME TO UPDATE THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME BABY!!! \m/

Who else read all the way through the patch notes looking for this?:

"- Fixed an issue where fading the music volume would cause the music
to cut out entirely (bonus, game over)."

ROFLMAO.

#14952 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Question: how many extra balls to you guys have your game set at?! Mine is at only 1 but I have never made it to EOTL yet.. thinkin I should leave it at the factory settings after I update the code..

Leave it at factory after you update. Then play EOTL, then reduce the EBs because the new code the EBs seem way too easy. I will probably drop it to 3, which is the most I could get.on the old code.

#14953 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I know it's really something lol. I've redesigned the electronics and interactions several times since then, it's just a perpetual project. I leave it for a while, and when I come back I have some new idea for how to do it. I've got some laser cut and etched parts coming in for the next proto, see if that's enough to get me to the finish line.

Heh, still have #1 on my game!

I never actually announced it, because I didn't know when I'd finish it, and given that I started it before working on Alien it's a good thing, that's embarrassing. I was worried after all this time someone would do it, or something like it at least, but nope.
I'll say this: my original design used those little plasma discs that have gotten popular with some mods since then, I even see one on the Monster Bash remake, which is funny. I decided they were unreliable pieces of trash I didn't want to rely on and dropped them, glad I did that now, they're kinda played out.

I have #19, for LE 199 and it's a bit hammered and looks great!!

#14954 5 years ago

Ball baron update. I ordered the Ninja ultra shiny balls, knowing that there is a slight chance they would magnetize(according to the website). Not knocking BB, they stated clearly this might happen, and it did. The search continues...

#14955 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ball baron update. I ordered the Ninja ultra shiny balls, knowing that there is a slight chance they would magnetize(according to the website). Not knocking BB, they stated clearly this might happen, and it did. The search continues...

Ive never hsd any trouble with the balls i get from pinball life magnatizing.

#14956 5 years ago

I’ve had my balls from pinball life for a year. When I clean the field, I polish the balls (this sounds so bad). They aren’t pitted or magnetized. There’s about 2500 plays on them.

#14957 5 years ago

I just picked up my METLE recently and haven't put many games on it. I got it with 1.57 loaded. Just updated to 1.80 and made it to third CIU for the first time.

Is this new code significantly easier, or slightly?

#14958 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I just picked up my METLE recently and haven't put many games on it. I got it with 1.57 loaded. Just updated to 1.80 and made it to third CIU for the first time.

I'd say significantly. I'll likely lower the max extra balls from factory.

#14959 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'd say significantly. I'll likely lower the max extra balls from factory.

It's not really the code that is easy. It's just the new, liberal default settings on many of the goals and features.

#14960 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ive never hsd any trouble with the balls i get from pinball life magnatizing.

Seems like they are always out of stock, unless I'm thinking of somewhere else. Checking now.Thanks.

#14961 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Congrats, what #? I'm 199. Great game!!!

#14962 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Seems like they are always out of stock, unless I'm thinking of somewhere else. Checking now.Thanks.

I think they are out of the ones they call super shiny but im ok with the regular pinballs myself. They are shiny enough for me.

#14963 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's not really the code that is easy. It's just the new, liberal default settings on many of the goals and features.

I always heard it was one of the tougher games to beat, and I sort of wanted to chase that goal. Now with the rule difficulty being turned down, I sort of feel like the novelty of the challenge is gone.

Anyone else planning to revert to an older code? Or just change settings?

#14964 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I always heard it was one of the tougher games to beat, and I sort of wanted to chase that goal. Now with the rule difficulty being turned down, I sort of feel like the novelty of the challenge is gone.

Hell no, i like the new code because the old code was too hard and not as much fun. I probably wont even be able to get to EOTL with the new code but i know i couldn't have done it under the old code.

See if you can get to EOTL with the new code and if you do just change the settings and make the game harder and more to your liking.

#14965 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

New code has me dusting off my game, I'm rusty as hell, haven't been playing pinball much for a while now. Need to get my shit together so I can see some of the new stuff!
Also dusting off an in progress mod I teased years ago, see if I actually get it finished this time, heh. There's a gaping hole in my game where I removed the stock stuff to work on it, playing it again is motivating me.

I think about this every once in awhile...what was Aurich planning?? I just figured you scrapped it. I’m not one of those “pest” pin guys so if/when it comes out...my MET will be here waiting to see if it’s cool or not

#14966 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

On the old code, I think it was very hard but achievable. I made it close a few times. I got good at earning combo and piston EBs to go along with captive ball. It was much easier than say Encore or Five Year Mission. And it was certainly not Valinor, SWOTR or SDMEWM.

Now I think the fun might be in points pushing instead of just getting there.

#14967 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I think about this every once in awhile...what was aurich planning?? I just figured you scrapped it. I’m not one of those “pest” pin guys so if/when it comes out...my MET will be here waiting to see if it’s cool or not

Aurich made an initial run of 30 custom hammers that have leather, chrome spikes etc. Really cool, but very time consuming it appears. He was kicking around the idea of making a larger run of less intricate of custom hammers, but the I believe Alien came around and the hammer was put in the back burner.

#14968 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

On the old code, I think it was very hard but achievable. I made it close a few times. I got good at earning combo and piston EBs to go along with captive ball. It was much easier than say Encore or Five Year Mission. And it was certainly not Valinor, SWOTR or SDMEWM.
Now I think the fun might be in points pushing instead of just getting there.

A agree with the point pushing, making the shots and exiting CIU is fine, but the adrenaline rush for me is not cashing out and keep driving that score up.

#14969 5 years ago

I think about this every once in awhile...what was aurich planning?? I just figured you scrapped it. I’m not one of those “pest” pin guys so if/when it comes out...my MET will be here waiting to see if it’s cool or not

Here's a pic of the initial 30. The detail and craftsmanship is awesome and really adds some "metal" to the Metallica pin! Smaller and less obtrusive.

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
#14970 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Aurich made an initial run of 30 custom hammers that have leather, chrome spikes etc. Really cool, but very time consuming it appears.

Like this one?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/33622

EDIT: answered above.

#14971 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

A agree with the point pushing, making the shots and exiting CIU is fine, but the adrenaline rush for me is not cashing out and keep driving that score up.

I agree. While I want to EOTL, I also want that score! Each time I play a game where I tell myself that I'm going to attempt EOTL, I just can't bring myself to end early lol.

#14972 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Aurich made an initial run of 30 custom hammers that have leather, chrome spikes etc. Really cool, but very time consuming it appears. He was kicking around the idea of making a larger run of less intricate of custom hammers, but the I believe Alien came around and the hammer was put in the back burner.

I actually sculpted a master for a more 'mass produced' run of resin cast hammers, and had a friend working on how to do it, but it's a little tricky because of the nature of the hollow tubes inside necessary to make it work. He was busy, I was busy, it kept getting put off, and eventually it sort of fizzled. He did build a cool little rotocast jig for it, I have a video somewhere he sent me of it spinning.

I started a new mod, unrelated to the hammer, the one I was teasing earlier, but yeah, as you said, Alien came around. Not only did that suck up my pinball time, but when it turned into such a shit show it basically sidelined a lot of my enthusiasm and creative energy for pinball. I got into a funk, really didn't get traction on anything for a while. Why you haven't seen any new mods from me in ages.

Trying to get my mojo back!

#14973 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yeah I knew of the hammers but they were for the prem/le models. As he just said he was toying around with a NEW mod idea....he didn’t give away much info on it though.

#14974 5 years ago

Yeah I knew of the hammers but they were for the prem/le models. As he just said he was toying around with a NEW mod idea....he didn’t give away much info on it though.

I'm being intentionally mysterious! Mostly because I've learned through experience that announcing things early is a bad idea, something more pinball companies could stand to learn, heh. I just looked at my files, I started this damn thing in April 2015, thank goodness I didn't actually say anything then.

Now I'm mostly teasing it to try and help motivate myself to finish it, because I'll feel bad if I don't do that if I talk about it some. Putting a little public pressure on myself.

#14975 5 years ago

I’m on board with MET ownership... and the modding is beginning.

Think Promium +++

In the absence of Motörhead pin... there may be a certain degree of tribute going on. No more than the Metallica boys would nod at I hope

#14976 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliemouse:

I’m on board with MET ownership... and the modding is beginning.
Think Promium +++
In the absence of Motörhead pin... there may be a certain degree of tribute going on. No more than the Metallica boys would nod at I hope

I doubt anyone will object. I want to make my Sparky Lemmy!

#14977 5 years ago

Hell...I’ve considered retheming mine to Motörhead.

RIP Lemmy.

A Motörhead or Pantera pin would be killer.

#14978 5 years ago

Aurich, just spill the beans already.

#14979 5 years ago

Ok nothing ive tried makes my first target stay up. I'm thinking maybe it's weakened and maybe leaning back a bit which makes it not stay up on the ledge.

Peeps that have replaced targets, and or tweaked the order of the washers etc... do you have any reccomendations for difficulty level and tools needed to work on this drop target much. It seems intimidating, honestly.

#14980 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Ok nothing ive tried makes my first target stay up. I'm thinking maybe it's weakened and maybe leaning back a bit which makes it not stay up on the ledge.
Peeps that have replaced targets, and or tweaked the order of the washers etc... do you have any reccomendations for difficulty level and tools needed to work on this drop target much. It seems intimidating, honestly.

Is the little ledge plastic broken?

#14981 5 years ago

I hope you get your mojo back @aurich. I lost a little myself with a family situation but hopefully I can get back in the swing of things soon. I been waiting for this mystery mod since you first suggested you might be doing another.

#14982 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is the little ledge plastic broken?

Not that i can see. But the first target is back more than the other two when looking down at them from the top. Other two are centered in the hole pretty much. First on is back against the rising cross side of the hole.

#14983 5 years ago

The drop target mech is extremely easy to remove. With power nutdriver I can take mine out in like 1 minute. Just two connectors and 3 or 4 screws and the whole thing easily slides right out. Take it out and post some close up pictures and maybe we can assist you.

#14984 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Not that i can see. But the first target is back more than the other two when looking down at them from the top. Other two are centered in the hole pretty much. First on is back against the rising cross side of the hole.

Maybe the spring broke then? There's a spring on the back side that presses the target forward so it will "grab" on the ledge and stay up. But yeah, probably best to remove that assembly and get it out where you can manually play with it and take some pics to get a better idea what's happening.

#14985 5 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

I hope you get your mojo back aurich. I lost a little myself with a family situation but hopefully I can get back in the swing of things soon. I been waiting for this mystery mod since you first suggested you might be doing another.

I've had some of that family situation myself, not always easy. Honestly the last year has been more of a rollercoaster than I care for, I'm ready for some boring old routine right about now.

I've got my Wacom set up, I'm drawing again, it feels good. I'll show something as soon as I can. I appreciate everyone who's PM'd me or said nice things, your support is really motivating.

In the meantime I'm playing my Metallica again a little. Still feeling rusty, haven't had a really good game yet, but at least starting to knock off the default scores from the update.

#14986 5 years ago

Don’t feel bad Aurich....just loaded the new code yesterday and was looking forward to playing last night...but that changed when my father in law who is living with us had a heart attack last night. So I get it when people say life gets in the way....you have to know your priorities for sure. Still stuck at the hospital hoping he will be released. He is still hanging in there fortunately!

We appreciate your contributions to the hobby and look forward to anything else you share.

#14987 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Don’t feel bad Aurich....just loaded the new code yesterday and was looking forward to playing last night...but that changed when my father in law who is living with us had a heart attack last night. So I get it when people say life gets in the way....you have to know your priorities for sure. Still stuck at the hospital hoping he will be released. He is still hanging in there fortunately!

Family always comes first. That sounds rough, hope you get some good news and he can go home.

I just test printed an in-progress drawing to stick it on my machine, see how it felt in place, and I like it. Feels good to tinker.

#14988 5 years ago

Getting a lot of rejections on shot to the snake. Anyone else have this and figure out a solution?

#14989 5 years ago

Should I put a shaker motor in my Met pro? Is it active much? I put one in my AS pro and it doesn't do much.

#14990 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Should I put a shaker motor in my Met pro? Is it active much? I put one in my AS pro and it doesn't do much.

Yes

#14991 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Should I put a shaker motor in my Met pro?

Yes.

#14992 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Yes. Do it.

#14993 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

AS is not programmed by Lyman. Metallica with a shaker is a no-brainer.

#14994 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

AS is not programmed by Lyman. Metallica with a shaker is a no-brainer.

should i only buy the Stern authorized shaker or are the other ones just as good? Pinball life has them for $99.99 and the ones at Marco say Factory Authorized. Any difference?

#14995 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

should i only buy the Stern authorized shaker or are the other ones just as good? Pinball life has them for $99.99 and the ones at Marco say Factory Authorized. Any difference?

In practice? No difference I've noticed. Lower price with the same performance as the Stern one is the main advantage of PBL shaker. We have them on a ton of machines on a route I help with. Zero issues. The only shaker I would never get again is a Cointaker/RedTremor. TERRIBLE shaker at any price.

The service bulletin referenced in Marco's listing was a long time ago. Hasn't been any problems in years as long as you buy the correct shaker (SAM or Spike, they're different).

#14996 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

In practice? No difference I've noticed. Lower price with the same performance as the Stern one is the main advantage of PBL shaker. We have them on a ton of machines on a route I help with. Zero issues. The only shaker I would never get again is a Cointaker/RedTremor. TERRIBLE shaker at any price.

Perfect! thank you for the run down

#14997 5 years ago

Has anyone used a white TZ PowerBall as the coffin’s captive newton ball? I have an old one knocking about, just wondered if anyone did anything different in that respect!

#14998 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Has anyone used a white TZ PowerBall as the coffin’s captive newton ball? I have an old one knocking about, just wondered if anyone did anything different in that respect!

I did this. Hitting the Newton ball now makes more of a knocking sound. I really like it.

8df368f908bffa234ac19365ebad25420ef80226 (resized).jpg8df368f908bffa234ac19365ebad25420ef80226 (resized).jpg
#14999 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Yeah I had an issue where it felt like maybe the Newton ball was magnetized, so I swapped it. I like it.

3AD474E2-7BB7-45D1-B5FC-223BC0C94923 (resized).jpeg3AD474E2-7BB7-45D1-B5FC-223BC0C94923 (resized).jpeg

#15000 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah I had an issue where it felt like maybe the Newton ball was magnetized, so I swapped it. I like it.
[quoted image]

Why is the disc for the ball magnet the wrong size for the hole? That's a huge gap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/300 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.