2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

687 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mustangpaul. You are on page 2 of 3.
#4460 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

You never know... Somebody might come up with a way to do it. Hell, they might even do it for free

If "someone" did it for "free" there might be a little "something" in it for "them".

1 week later
#4512 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Picked these up a while back(from Pinball Life) and wanted to share. Just installed a set on AC/DC as well. Made by Laserific and a bit oversized, but really adds a lot of life to the game as well as protects.

IMG_1180.jpgIMG_1182.jpgIMG_1178.jpg

Lookin good...NOW if you have the nerve go to post # 3406,3428 and 3436 to see how to make the out lane plastics look even better. My post is #3436.

#4520 8 years ago

Your not that far away, stop over some weekend and play.

#4523 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Great collection you have! I might have to if I'm ever in the neighborhood. Same to you

Sounds good. Thanks.

#4539 8 years ago
Quoted from tornado:

I'm SO STOKED! Just got my Metallica Premium Monsters NIB!
This is my 1st/2nd game ever, the first being a BK, which I haven't even been able to get 5 games out of before something goes wrong with it. So I really count this as my first. Metallica was the first band I ever saw in concert, circa 1986 for the Master of Puppets tour. So this table has some meaning for me. I'm pretty excited. Only took me about an hour from back of truck to playing it. Looking forward to seeing what mods (if any) make sense to do!
DSC01395.jpeg
DSC01403.jpeg
DSC01407.jpeg
DSC01410.jpeg
DSC01414.jpeg
DSC01420.jpeg
DSC01421.jpeg
DSC01424.jpeg

Super, now your gonna go broke cuz there's soooooo many cool mods for it.

#4540 8 years ago

Hey guys, I have an early Refinery Pro that has been led'd, is it worth it to put and OCD board in it. Thanks

#4551 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Who else has toppers for their MET machine? Post here if you care to share. Trying to find some good ideas besides the McFarlane Harvestors of Sorrow figures and stage set. Thanks.

Here's mine, a working eq graph.

MetEQ1.jpgMetEQ1.jpg

MetEQ2.jpgMetEQ2.jpg

MetEQ3.jpgMetEQ3.jpg

1 week later
#4613 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Shopped out my MET today with Titan rings, got everything cleaned & waxed. Looks like a brand new pin again!
Titan MET.jpg

Nice job.....feel free to come over and do mine. I'll feed ya some beers.

#4624 8 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

I'm back in the club! I am the proud owner of the Met Pro Pinball Refinery version, #23. Wow. Talk about gorgeous. Purple powder coated, lollipop rails, creeping death pinblades, etc. With updated code, this game is pretty spectacular.

WP_20150920_19_57_45_Pro.jpg WP_20150919_17_34_20_Pro.jpg WP_20150919_17_34_26_Pro.jpg

Hey welcome fellow Refinery owner, I have #8......and the lollipop rails are the good ones without all the screws on the flipper button end. Now we gotta get the color dmd. How about that we have the same amount of games.

#4631 8 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Thanks Mustang! Definitely a candidate for a color DMD. I'm adding Mezel's speakers to the ramps too, a very nice mod with flashers, etc. Maybe the coffin gate too, which I've had before and looks pretty good. I also like the coffin sticker but I'm kinda digging the white right now.

Good plans.

#4636 8 years ago

Great score, I'm lucky to get 100m. But I don't know the rules too sooooo.

#4648 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I added red to the flipper area (posts and rubber), love the way it turned out.

metflips.jpg

I like it, goes with the flippers now.

#4649 8 years ago
Quoted from rkelley17:

I am now officially in the club! Picked up my Pro LED from Trent today! I can't wait to get her setup!!!

Welcome to the club....now start saving up for mods.

#4653 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

We have only had our LED Pro a couple of weeks but today is my birthday and the mods are rolling in.
So far we have:
Snake fangs and tongue decal.
Graveyard side panel decals.
Shaker Motor (Not installed yet)
Speaker panel inserts with LED's (Not installed yet)
Pinnovators headphone jack with sub output. (Not istalled yet)
Tomorrow will be a busy day for mod installs.

Now that's what I call a BD.

#4655 8 years ago

You bet, what did ya win.....a new Met?

1 week later
#4698 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

(grouchy old man alert)
I don't know why people feel to urge to put artwork on every square inch of a machine. I like the plain black speaker panel just fine.

That's why.

#4706 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I had the whole kit ordered before mine was even delivered. The deluxe version with the flashers is awesome, color changing remote controller with lots of modes. you can adjust the brightness and the speed of the modes as well, I strongly recommend the best version with flashers.
cointaker video and my own machine
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Yup that's the one my Refinery Met Pro came with.

#4738 8 years ago
Quoted from Nickperkins:

Where have any of you seen the best price on a nib met pro led? I'm in Ohio if that makes a difference.

Have you checked Cointaker? They are fairly close to you.

#4746 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Never say never, but I like the new metal Stern panels a lot more for decals, they just don't look quite right to me on the wood with the beveled edges and depth.

Even if you put speaker lights in them?

#4757 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Is there another apron decal I can buy that doesn't have the seizure warning on it?

1445469543089.jpg

Mine is a Refinery Met and it doesn't have that warning. You must have a new one.

#4758 8 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Just putting out a public service announcement.
DO NOT PURCHASE anything from IAMDARRAS (http://www.iamdarras.bigcartel.com/category/pinball-mods?page=2)
This A-Hole has had my money for over a year and not delivered what I purchased or responded to any communication on the matter.
darras.jpg

Oh man why did you let it go that long? If I don't see that my stuff is shipped within a week I contact the seller for 3 days in a row and if I still don't hear from them I contact Ebay and open a case. 3 times I've had to do that and every time I hear from the seller right away. They always have some story and that it will be shipped "right away" which is always a day or two later. Wish ya luck but I think your SOL.

#4760 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Redoing the whole decal package on Star Trek was partially motivated by wanting to get rid of that warning sticker. I get why they need it, but for my home use games I want it gone.

I got rid of mine....I bought a Refinery chromed apron that has the inserts that light up with flashers under them. So it can be done if ya want to spend the money.

1 week later
#4880 8 years ago

Me and fellow Pinsider pinballnut 3 installed my Met Color DMD today, thanks pinballnut. Man-o-man it looks great. Money WELL spent.

#4882 8 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

So jealous! Congrats i hope to have one installed soon.

Thanks, I think I get into the game now....but it sure is tough to play a good game cuz your constantly looking up watching the color display. When you get yours have a friend over to "help" after you install it have him play some games while you watch the cool dmd. That's what I did.

2 weeks later
#4940 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Flame topper I made.
» YouTube video

That is WAY cool. Are you gonna sell those?

#4971 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Yes Laserriffic does some extremely sweet toppers....beauty's!! But I'd like something a bit different for my MET.....something that doesn't scream MET since the game itself does that enough. I am looking for more along the lines of accenting the game.....kind of off the cuff but still ties in with the whole theme

I bought a car audio eq displays, the ones that attach to the inside of the rear window. Mounted it on some plex and because I have an open ceiling in my basement gr I screwed it to a floor joist above the bb so you can move the game around without having to touch the display. It's neat to see all the colums and colors bounce around with the gameplay and music. Total cost was about $30 It's pretty different.

1 week later
#5059 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I don't feel that way at all.
So the item sold like hotcakes. Great for them.
Sure they could have waited until they had a huge inventory and everyone would have gotten them at the same time.
But I applaud them for having the sale and creating buzz for their mod.
I don't mind waiting or the extra $10 bucks at all.

I got mine BECAUSE Pinside is the first thing check with my morning coffee. The early bird gets the mod....or is it worm.

#5061 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I don't know if running out of a mod you hyped, offered a discount on, then ran out of, then raised the price on is a great start in my book.

I think you better reread what they did. They said they had X many and the price would be at a $10 discount from the reg. price of $35. Now logic would tell you, from the way people have been talking about it that it would be a HOT seller and that if you wanted one at a discount you had better act ASAP. I see nothing wrong with what they did, they wanted to be nice and offer the first batch at a discount that's all. If you had been following this thread on a daily basis you would have seen that were getting real close to releasing it. I wanted it so I came here a couple times a day to see how it was progressing and it pay'd off, others did the same.

#5065 8 years ago

they had over 100+ made

Correction, they only had 50 for the $10 off special.

#5067 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I may have the only MET on the planet with no external mods, and (mostly) incandescent GI. But I do have a bitchin' blacklight Metallica poster.

Probably. Post a pic. of the poster.

1 week later
#5119 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

10, try to find them in 2 years time. stern really needs to get their act together on this stuff. there's good money to be made by them (and I don't mean by charging stupid prices) by cataloging people who purchase their machines and allowing them to purchase replacement parts.
I would be truly surprised if the market wasn't large enough that it could wholly sustain itself and I don't think that it would cannibalize sales of new machines that badly. someone needs to snatch up sternparts.com quickly

You got that right.

#5171 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Anybody have recommendations for touching up sparky feet. Mine has a couple places where the paint is blemished/chipped. What kind of paint? What color combo?
20151212_230157.jpg

Hey they look like used sneakers now, just leave um.

#5183 8 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Hey All,
To save me messing around I just installed a color dmd, Whats setting for the display are you guys happy with,
thanks & all the best

Just start with the first setting and play some then the next and the next till you've gone through all of them then decide.

#5206 8 years ago
Quoted from ScrewMan:

I'm in the club! Met Pro Led. This is my first machine and I'm very excited to get it in the basement tonight. Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread, the info here made the purchase decision easy. Hopefully, all goes smooth with the set up.

IMG_2503.jpg

Let the modding begin.

#5207 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I'm still debating on getting the color display for my Met Pro/LED. Sure looks great that is a given.

A nice Christmas present to yourself.

#5209 8 years ago
Quoted from ScrewMan:

Already have the snake mod with fangs and decals on order.

It's a start....how deep are your pockets.

#5245 8 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I put them on my Prem... only out of peer pressure. Honestly, a waste of money. There is no reason a HUO game should need protectors.

I don't know about that, some of these guys put thousands and thousands of games on their machines.

#5247 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I agree as some owners like myself actually play games owned instead of letting them collect dust.

So true, but you only have 3 games, try doing that with 16. There wouldn't be enough hours in the day.

#5258 8 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

We currently have 33 Pro Versions available if you are interested!!

The 14 day delayed payment from PayPal expired yesterday so you got your money but I still don't have the product.....and I was one of the first 50 to buy it. Soooooo when can I expect mine? I only live a few states away.

#5274 8 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

hi
is this the correct position of the snake?
should it have the same level as the play field when its open?
The ball always jumps inside the hole, but always hits the green plastic
thanks
tom

IMG_4422.jpg

Upside down....I don't think so.

#5278 8 years ago

Yeah it's just a simple hex post, if pbl doesn't have the length you need check Marco. The shipping at both places is gonna kill ya so if you order from pbl might as well get some Oh So Shiny balls too, they are the best.

#5327 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Whos got the trickest met with all the custom mods ? I wanna see a vid

My refinery Pro is pretty tricked out. The ramp leds are hooked up to 2 different Sparky flashers and the skull to another one.

IMGA09181.jpgIMGA09181.jpg

#5333 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Ramps looking good

Hey thanks, they really surprised my friends when I first did the mod.

#5348 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

No, but maybe Metallica will throw a couple at them to help promote a new album...
» YouTube video

Blocked.

1 week later
#5415 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I keep telling people NOT to use alligator clips for subwoofers, but some don't seem to understand is not just about them getting loose and touching conponents. Static electricity can fry your MPU board in dry winters, using those things, they are not isolated, and grounded.

I've had alligator clips on most of my subs for almost 3 years now and have had no problems.

#5417 8 years ago

Well if I soldered them on so they didn't fall off how would I isolate it then? How do you do yours?

#5426 8 years ago

However, if people are connecting alligator clips to the main CPU board in ANY capacity except for testing on ANY GAME,

I don't do that, I only clip them to the cab speaker and run that to the sub.

#5428 8 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

If ya spent ~5k on the game and ~100 bucks on a powered sub just do yourself a favor and spend the 35 on the pinnovater sub output board. I've got em on 2 games and they rock, much better than ghetto gator clips. Less than 5 min install, and you can pull it out just as fast to plop in another game for experimenting, or sale. Side note I had a pioneer sw-8 that was laughable runnin gator clips. Off the board it's formidable, big difference.

You have my interest, got a link.

#5430 8 years ago

No wonder I couldn't find it, I was spelling Pinnovators with a "ers". I should have known better. Thanks

#5439 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I installed the Pinbits protectors (Love em) Now I want to install the Mezelmods Cemetery arch, but there is no more room on the post. It's barely hanging on with the protectors. Any suggestions?

Get 2 short hex posts, put them on then put the arch on.

#5441 8 years ago
Quoted from Redknight87:

Hello all,
I am excited to announce I have officially joined the owners club with a pro model. I have played this machine non stop since I picked it up on Saturday. Has some mods already installed, but more to come! Early production 2013 model with wood backbox. Has led's installed. Has anyone else noticed ghosting? I have some inserts ghosting and plan to change those led's out with non ghosting ones.
The pics are from my cell phone so they are not the greatest quality. I put up 2 high scores in 2 days. Sill working toward the grand champion.

Met_Pro_1_(resized).jpgMet_Pro_2_(resized).jpgMet_Pro_(resized).jpg

Hey congrats, just leave the leds in it and get the OCD board for it. You will be amazed how good it will look.

#5495 8 years ago

I took the plunge and bought 3, should have them in a day or two. I would have ordered a couple more but those games weren't listed as being supported. Really interested to hear the sound difference, ST and MET thunder as it is.

#5497 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Keep your volume settings at there current positions and when you get it hooked up you will notice a better sound then with alligator clips. Quite a big difference, Iam very happy with the quality. . You have to free up the screen from the staple to get the cable in at the top rear of backbox. Report back on what you think?

I'll post when I get one in. Why does it sound better, because it goes into the subs RCA inputs, that High Z, Low Z thing or is it the board?

#5501 8 years ago

Bought one already Gina, looks like I'm the first. Saw it on Facebook and bought it.

#5522 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

My sub wires are sodered and the bass hits hard can't imagine it hiting harder but im all ears if it does whats the trick on turning up the highs to match the bass

Hey Delta you were wondering how hard the Pinnovators sub connection would effect your sub well I just hooked one up to my ST Pro that had your set up, I left the sub at the same volume level as when I had the clips on the cab speaker and I thought my game was going to explode, there was a HUGE difference. So buy a kit for your MET for sure. I'm putting another kit on my MET next and expect the same results or even more cuz the sub on MET is a 12 inch. I'm a believer in the kit now.

#5529 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I had a similar experience with the PinSub kit - Polk sub gain/volume way down now which should theoretically equal less distorted bass. Sounds a little better to me.
I also don't think better backbox speakers will make a difference. Problem is the game is in mono, and the sound is downgraded to 22KHz audio. The highs and mids are lost during this down conversion, and better speakers won't sound much better as the reason the quality isn't great is simply the audio being pumped through the speakers itself. You would essentially be polishing a turd by spending money on new backbox speakers.. IMHO.

Buy you could still improve it by sending the signal from the game to a powered amp/eq, like for a car then to the new speakers.

#5540 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Are you getting clearer sound or just more sound? Having a hard time understanding if the sound is cleaner or if it is just louder with it.
I.E. - Does it have the same sound quality to where you have the alligator clips on with the sub at 3/4 volume as it does with the board and the sub at 1/4 volume.

I think so but my hearing isn't the best....to many race cars and live bands.

#5541 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I put it at 40 and you can feel air hitting your legs.

10-4 on that one.

#5544 8 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

Is there any "easy" way to adjust the rubber end of the shooter rod? The ball isn't going all the way up the shooter lane and looked at the rubber tip which seems to be cockeyed. I tried bending it a little but wasn't much help. Auto fire works great so I think it's something with this tip hitting the ball at an angle and causing it to misfire up the lane. Only happens when I pull the shooter rod to start a new game/ ball.

Try a new tip, that one is shot.

#5547 8 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I had this issue too... Pretty sure I fixed it by re-aiming the shooter. Loosen the three mounting bolts and adjust.
I don't recall for sure, but it was not a drastic repair. Never had the problem since. Before, I could not get the ball around the loop for the super skill shot.

Yup that's probably it. I haven't had to do that to mine yet and I've owned mine for over 2 years.

#5549 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What do you guys set the music volume at in the adjustment menu?

Mine goes up and down like a yoyo depending who's over.

#5551 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm not talking about the volume of the machine, I'm asking about the menu setting (standard settings) where it says 'music volume'?

I know, I'm always messing with it.

#5560 8 years ago

Just put the Pinnovators sub board on my Met and just about shook the house down. Now it they just made one for my Batman Forever.

#5562 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Can someone explain why the sound is improved with this mod over alligator clips?

Yeah all there really is on the board are a couple of resistors.

#5601 8 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Recently found that the area around the Sparky magnet on my MET Pro LED has started chipping/peeling Seem like I read that others had this problem as well. I haven't contacted Stern yet. I just purchased this in May 2015.

IMG_0119_(resized).JPG

That core is beat to crap, how many plays do you have on your game. Re-level your core.

#5636 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Did you add this or put it on? The nut on the coil on my machine looks identical to it in the picture. Iam gonna try what was mentioned above and some blue loctite.

If you can just double nut it.

#5671 8 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Can anybody help with LED colors for Metallica? I have the LED version but all the white bulbs need some changing.
What ideas do you have for color schemes / bulbs that were replaced? Send me a link if its easier. Thanks.

Oh man your not gonna color bomb it are ya.

#5673 8 years ago

Well if you start going to crazy with the colors you loose the great artwork on the plastics and playfield. I like the clear whites in the inserts because #1, it helps you see what they say and #2, I like the "sparkle" of the inserts facets. I just took most of the colored leds out of the inserts on the Batman Forever I just bought and the inserts really pop now, to me it makes the game look more modern. But everyone has there own tastes so go with what ya like.

#5681 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Whats your take on the green plastic protectors

I like them and what I and a few others have done make the out lane protectors look even better. The out lane plastics have an eyeball on them and with the green protectors on the eyeball color looks weird so what we did was drill a hole in the protectors the same size as the eyeball. That lets the white outlane light light up the eyeball in a natural color instead of an odd greenish color. It's easy to do but take your time and measure accurately and you'll be fine. If you have a drill press all the better.

#5709 8 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Most of my upgrades have arrived. Still waiting on my Cliffy's but other then that I'm done....for now. Lol. I'm going to get the color DMD but decided to let my bank account recover for a bit. So two things to get...Cliffy's and most importantly the game.
The anticipation is killing me.

20160118_125545_(resized).jpg

Oh just wait till you hook up that sub with the Pinnovators board. Your neighbors are gonna call the cops.

#5710 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

If I had to do it today, I'd buy CT double flex headed leds and adjust them so the full insert is lit. But when I did this a year or more ago those weren't available...
I made a plastic that mounts to existing playfield holes for left and right sockets. Then it has a mount for each of the original sockets centered below the insert. Works great. Kind of a PITA to get right though.

20160118_122533_(resized).jpg

You should make and sell those. I'd buy one.

#5730 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

You mean these numbers aren't dollars? What the hell is the point then? Lol

#5753 8 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

I just hooked one up and wasn't that impressed myself - I think hooking up to the cabinet speaker was just as good soundwise. Also, now there is an annoying "thump" sound when the machine is powered off. I'm using a Sony sub - not a Polk, but not sure how that might make a difference.

Really. You didn't notice a big loudness dif. between the two setups? There should have been, you should have had to turn down the volume of the sub. It was night and day difference with mine and I had to turn the volume of the sub down. I wonder if the sub would make a dif. The THUMP is normal.

#5755 8 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

I just hooked one up and wasn't that impressed myself - I think hooking up to the cabinet speaker was just as good soundwise. Also, now there is an annoying "thump" sound when the machine is powered off. I'm using a Sony sub - not a Polk, but not sure how that might make a difference.

Really. You didn't notice a big loudness dif. between the two setups? There should have been, you should have had to turn down the volume of the sub. It was night and day difference with mine and I had to turn the volume of the sub down. I wonder if the sub would make a dif. The THUMP is normal.

#5758 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not sure about the new metal backbox they don't have any mesh vents to feed the cable out, so I skipped my two pins with the metal backbox in favor of the old alligator clips on the cabinet speaker.

Just run it straight down either big hole in the bottom of the backbox and out one of the mesh covered holes in back in the bottom of the cab. That's what I did for Mustang and ST.

#5782 8 years ago

Have you guys seen the new Pingraffix Creeping Death Blade Skins? They look great. New owners of the game may want to get them.

#5787 8 years ago

No you guys the NEW Creeping Death Blade Skins, mirror blades and Pin Blades combined.

#5834 8 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

It's set up correctly. Like I said, there may be some difference, but IMO either setup will result in the same desired "loudness" (with plenty of margin to spare) by turning the volume knob on the sub a little. I didn't notice any improvement in the quality of the sound myself. YMMV.

Maybe it's your Sony sub.

#5868 8 years ago
Quoted from baloo70:

I am starting to get some bunching/bubbling in the side decals right at the flipper buttons on my LED PRO. Reading online there appear to be several types of protection for this area. There are clear vinyl, clear plastic, and the black powder coated stern ones (and the skull variant that also requires extra holes).
Has anyone used these? Do they work and do they look/feel ok?
http://www.pinballdecals.com/ButtonGuardProtectorsPage.html
I really don't think the clear vinyl will help in my situation. Looking for feedback. Thanks!

If you want the black wrinkle powder coat lolly pop rails WITHOUT the screw holes get them from pinballlife, $60. I got them for my Batman Forever and had them powder coated candy blue. My BF uses the same rails as your game. I hate those lolly pop rails with the 3 screw holes, I like the smooth and clean look of the unscrew type and not putting screw holes through the side art and cab.

#5870 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Again, maybe I just need to make it steeper? Currently at 6.5 according to the digital level. Does seem a little on the slow side though...

Did you level on the pf or the glass. Just checking.

#5883 8 years ago
Quoted from baloo70:

I like this solution the best. I thought all the lolly pop rails had the additional screw holes. Thanks - this is exactly what I was looking for.

I think so too, this is what candy blue looks like on one. I just wish they would work for my BOP game, haven't checked yet though.

IMGA0303[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0303[1]_(resized).JPG

#5889 8 years ago

Laser scans of plastics ramps for molds are a great example, as current methods without them cannot make good results.

I beg to differ, Freeplay40's ramps are BETTER then NOS ramps.....and he makes them at home.

1 week later
#5987 8 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Installed the interactive skull speaker-grill mod from the modfather. The eyes glow blue, tied into the Sparky flasher - looks awesome.

DSCN3094_(resized).JPG

I've got them too but red and I put an extra red led strip in each one so they REALLY light up.

#5995 8 years ago

Decals come off Stern games all the time. Have for years if not screened. They use !#$@ adhesives and have poor QC.

My ST Pro, Mustang Pro and first run Met Pro decals haven't come off, I wonder what glue they used on those and no one in the Mustang club has complained about peeling decals.

#5998 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

It's nothing to do with the glue. It's that the cabinets weren't prepped properly. "Rushed" Dust, oils and other contamination under the decal. It's peeling at the edges because they prepped the middle but did not wipe/clean the edges of the cab properly.

If you were to either use alcohol to clean the edge they would stay down. Or if you get new decals peel off the old, and clean with alcohol they will stick and stay stuck.

How do you know this? Just asking.

1 week later
#6087 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

So I want to make sure I have upgraded sound when i pick it up. From what I've read, go with the Polk psw-10? Any other suggestions?

From what I and others have stated here the Pinnovators Pin Sub board makes a real difference with the sound of an xternal powered sub. $35

#6096 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I'm definitely looking for, piss the wife off loud !!

Well then you want a 15 inch 500 watt sub.

#6097 8 years ago

As related to pinball technical support, Metallica pinball or any other type of machine.
I do still read, regularly, and not just on this forum.
This is not the “singular source of all things pinball”, as much as it would be great to have everything in one place, especially technical knowledge.
If you require technical assistance particularly in the areas of solid state games circa 1977 to 2015, feel free to PM me, as I have done for others.
Primary manufacturers of preference are Bally (Early, Mid, Late, excluding 6803 in the mid period which I really dislike working on due to parts availability and board design), Williams (Early, Mid, Late), Gottlieb (Early, Mid, Late(Premier)), Stern (Early, Late, Modern), Data East (boards and specific common titles), and Zaccaria. I don't do a lot of work on Sega ("pseudo" Stern) modern machines.
This includes parts searches, game specific operation questions, gameplay comparisons, or general industry inquiries.
I am glad to be of help.
Keep in mind diagnosing problems (electrical, electronic, mechanical, or otherwise) with words (particularly not using pinball jargon) and a few photos is not exactly optimal.
I have background in EMs as well (Chicago Coin, Bally, Williams, Gottlieb), but that is not strong as component mounted board design or electrical circuit theory.
Rebuilding score reels is not exactly the way I enjoy spending my free time, but I do what is required.
Asking for a 1955 EM pinball bingo backglass can also be a little tricky, but I can point you to alternatives, reproduction, or restoration options.
I will be posting only in the tech forums from this point forward as I have time.
This includes this thread.
I have discovered in the short time after my return to active collecting, parts of this particular website are not conducive to my pinball interests as have many others have also discovered. I never “ran away” or became overly angry. I am unsure how this was interpreted as was the assumption I was banned, neither of which was accurate. I prefer not to be involved in PinSide drama, but I agree that everyone is entitled to their personal opinion outside of personal attacks, which is happening with alarming, repeated frequency. This website is not “Green Acres”. Times have clearly and radically changed; this is not what I remember this hobby to be centered around. People that just “go with the flow” here are not going to learn anything anyway. If a website becomes a fan popularity contest, knowledge is not gained. Not everybody is going to get along with everyone anyway.
I guess am unsure what constitutes electronics amusement experience at this juncture in pinball history now after several decades, but I have built entire games from spare parts, including one for example that was recently resold and delivered back to me, 12 years later, still running with good memories. I really don’t really feel posting a full “pinball resume” nor do I believe is this going to help resolve any situation on this website. This is not a job interview. If this also is perceived as some sort of false bravado or "projection of experience", not much I can do to persuade a person one way or another. This is a personal decision.
However, what I have learned is judging someone to whom you do not know is generally a very bad idea. Sometimes, it can be highly misconstrued. I will only summarize my character with one singular image, if you choose to review. I really do not care one way or another. It is a simple private document, and not an isolated occurrence. It might shed some light of why I am very direct, other facets of my personality, and why I am not partial to some types the mannerisms. Personal information was removed for privacy reasons.
http://postimg.org/image/y32tk2bk5/
Keep flipping.

Good to have you back, I wish I knew 1/1,000,000th of what you know about games.

#6132 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Maybe add an adaptor for the 12v DC power source, so you have an easy way to connect power to the multiple mods.

Yes a DK power splitter board is a MUST have.

#6135 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Are you referring to a splitter like the FTS-8?
http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=396

FTS-8_(resized).jpg

That's the way I went and in the long run if you have a bunch of 12 and 5v mods it's cheaper and cleaner looking. I even use them on games that only have a 110 service outlet for power output.

IMGA0323[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0323[1]_(resized).JPG

#6161 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Do you power your games on with a different switch at the surge protector?

Yup.

Quoted from Sparky:I now see you are only providing the FTS-8 with 12v.

Yup

#6198 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Am I correct in assuming that the finish on these siderails will perfectly match the finish on the existing hinges and lockdown bar?
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

and those are the ones that don't have the 3 screw holes in them. I had mine powder coated for my BF.

IMGA0303[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0303[1]_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#6310 8 years ago

Oh man....just had my highest scoring game EVER. Played for about 20 straight and wound up with 242,664,020. Pretty good for me.

IMGA0410[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0410[1]_(resized).JPG

#6312 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

I love coming home after work, grabbing a 1554 and playing some Metallica! Can't believe I was thinking about selling this game... It's so damn good.

Yup and there are sooooo many cool mods out for it too...and another "original" one will be hitting the market soon.

1 week later
#6432 8 years ago

Just heard a little while ago Metallica is coming to the new $1.3 billion dollar Vikings stadium in Minneapolis this Aug.20th. It's one of only a few stops in the US this tour.

1 week later
#6471 8 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

Pro...he said he expected to receive 2 yesterday. Lmk if you're the other
And as for the cup holder, maybe that would work but I don't want MY shoddy craftsmanship to compromise PR's outstanding work. We'll see.

Just get some Krylon chrome plastic paint and go for it. Look tons better then just plain black plastic.

#6477 8 years ago

Collapsible works very well.

20160325_093804_(resized).jpg

I have them on all my games.

#6481 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Please do yourself a huge favor and remove the target mech from the machine and work on it on a bench. It so simple to remove. Four screws and two connectors. The work is tedious and having it on a bench is the only way I would even think of working on it.

Yup and if you use a big magnetic tray to put it in while you work on it there's a lot less chance of loosing small metal parts. Or just use a small one to put the metal parts in.

#6521 8 years ago

So people want to spend more money to retroactively install a PCB so LED bulbs look like incandescent bulbs now?
I must be missing something again.
Why would people not just use proper LEDs or original bulbs with covers or glass dye dipped (if you want a different color) in the first place?
Dimming control is not a critical feature.
I watched the videos. The effect is only dramatic because the LED bulbs used in the machines were the wrong type for the inserts. It is part of the sales pitch.
Modern games that are properly visually tested do not have this problem.
Modern LED games have more issues asthethically than original bulbs right now due to spotlighting, ghosting, and timing unless the designer takes the time to "do it right the first time".
If you think about the logic here...

Yup your missing,

1 - 60% power savings

2 - Less stress on older power boards

3 - Less heat build up under inserts

4 - Never have to replace burned out bulbs again

5 - Gives you back the great light shows that were only available with incandescent bulbs

6 - greater bulb color choice

and a few other reasons I can't think of right now.

#6527 8 years ago

Most of your points have one solution.
Turn your game off when you are not playing it.

Now why didn't I think of that and what happens when I have a party that lasts more the 12 hours...which does happen? So your saying that running 15 games at say 300 watts each at .11 per kw hour that I won't save a lot of money running them at 150 watts at .11 per kw hour for 12 hours. Your arguments are totally lame. You do what you want to do but don't come on here and tell US we're crazy.

#6530 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

100W * 15 games * 12 hours * $0.11/1000 watt-hours = $1.98. Dude, that won't even buy a beer. But I do like LEDs in the inserts.

But at 300w that equals out to $5.94. It's the same reasoning people are putting led bulbs in their homes and business's, save some here save some there and together we save a WHOLE LOT. When I was a kid in the '50's they used to advertise on tv that electricity was "penny cheap", yup 1000w cost one penny, now it's 11cents and going up. Since I've gotten into pinball I've had months where I've used over a million and a half watts....and I'm single. I've signed up for Sun Share, a solar garden set up and hope to save up to $500 a year, we'll see but any savings is well worth checking out because the price per kwh is going up. End of lecture.

#6570 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Lol..true....people are painting over their dirty Donny

Not me...I like my original factory DD.

#6578 8 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

It's on its way this week!
And not a moment too soon as far as fam is concerned. Focus is fleeting, productivity definitely went down the tubes! Will the game turn on? Will the box come looking more trapezoid than square? Will the driver smell of illicit substances?
Oh yeah, wife says Ive jumped the four horsemen a bit and at times look like a constipated space cadet.
I beg to differ! So what if I choose to chisel my own wood cross grave markers in my free time?
Oh that exciting time between delivery and arrival!!
Pin geek chuckles aside -and maybe the newbie newness has worn off for you but remember that anticipation for your first "new" game?
I can't wait to crank this up!!
How does one cope?

Keep calm and breath deep...innnnn and ouuuuut....into a paper bag. Aint nuttin like your first NIB game. Just remember the put new balls in it and chuck those stock ones.

#6594 8 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

Is the general consensus still the Pinball Life ultra high gloss carbon core pinballs are the best for MET? I noticed last night that the stock balls that came NIB have some marks on them. Worried it may damage the playfield if I don't switch them out now.

Yup, toss those stock balls. Order 4-5 sets and save on shipping cuz ya know you'll always need more.

#6602 8 years ago
Quoted from bax:

I have my met pro on order.
I was wondering what protectors are a must and where they can be sourced?
I did try to plow through this post but 132 pages over 2 years was a lot.
Snake fang and tongue mod seems like a must. Any others either physical or lighting that you think add to game play and/or really upgrade the look? I was looking at PinGraffix products a bit today.

A DK Pinball power distribution board, for all the power hungry mods your gonna put on it like my Leg Light-Ups and beatmasters shooter housing light up both in purple. They bring light to the otherwise dark front of the cab and make it POP.

#6640 8 years ago

I think he means drop target......but they do pop up.....eventually.

#6656 8 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

.its has so many goodies that we ran out of places to plug into.

What chu talkin bout wilson.....I have more then that on my Pro.

#6658 8 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

False alarm guys. Diode leg popped off the right sling switch even though initial inspection it looked fine! Just have to solder it back on.

Nice easy fix....gotta love-um.

#6666 8 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Show us what ya got.

25-27 of them, not including the Refinery ones. 6 or 7 I made myself.

#6667 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Willis is pissed that you screwed up his name

Oups....been a while since I saw the show.

#6692 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

» YouTube video

You did it again my friend, that is over the top cool. How much would that set me back?

#6694 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Just have to get the casing quoted. Only a 3D printed proto at the moment.

That's what I thought. Will they run without your big boards? To bad the bulbs don't generate a beam like real Veri lights. I wonder how Comets 1 watt 6.3v bulbs would look?

#6695 8 years ago

I don't have Total Lightshow so would 2 work on their own? I think I would be interested in a pair then.

#6703 8 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Ok so who has modded a manual?! Anyone.. Anyone?

I could put led strips in it.

#6730 8 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just ordered my Pro led, Will have it next week.....Automated had them in stock..... Now I have to read this whole post to find out what mods are a must....

I can tell ya of two so you don't have to search.....my leg light-ups and beatmasters shooter housing light up.

#6732 8 years ago

My point was already stated, owners continue to ask questions that are directly answered in the manual or can be interpreted with use of the manual. It seems part of the reason is they do not have manual in the first place.
Sometimes problems can be averted if the game shipped with a FULL manual.
Some here even stated they did not know where to go to download them...
I am not complaining about Stern not shipping manuals, exclusively, read the below information carefully, as I do not say things for one reason only:
If collectors think manuals are dinosaurs or a waste of paper, I challenge anyone to repair a PCB without a schematic from an actual manual.
In fact, taking apart assemblies is 10X easier WITH a manual, than doing a "Where's Waldo".
People that have disassembled a EM score reel will know what I am talking about here.
Lord help you if you decide to try and not understand the parts.
Operators and owners need paper manuals in order to directly reference them while repairing and maintenance.
A game manual is not "optional", unless someone has no intention of maintaining a machine, which is becoming a standard.
Many machines have subsidiary independent schematic and parts manuals for additional reference, people are not even aware exist, until an owner pipes up and helps another with their problem by referencing the said manuals. Owner then goes, what manual was this?
Answer, the manuals that SHIPPED with the game.
Whitewater for example has THREE not one (not considering the operator handbook), and collectors go "Wat?...."
Metallica actually has another manual, which is not shipped with the game.
This is the Stern parts listing catalog and reference manual.
Ultimately, an electronic manual is not going to work on a smart phone and the type font and the screen are both too small.
No one zooms around a schematic trying to follow the "yellow brick road" on a wire diagram on a smart phone.
Tablets are NOT big enough for proper schematics, unless there is one I am unaware the size of a 30 inch LCD.
This is not type of "paint by numbers" gaming device.

I agree, there's nothing like having a hard copy manual at your disposal. I've tried using a smart phone with their tiny screen to search an on line manual and it's a royal pain especially when you have to make calls WHILE your looking at a manual. We are waaay to dependent on this tech crap that they tell us we NEED. I'm not going to buy a lap top computer with a wireless set-up so I can bring it down stairs into my gameroom to look at diagrams and such while I work on a game. A $5-$10 hard copy manual makes waaaay more sense to have then spending hundreds of dollars on something to duplicate what I have upstairs. What happens when my hard copy manual slides off the pin next to the one I'm working on.....nothing. Now what happens when my new $300 computer slides off and hits the floor?

#6734 8 years ago

8 foot "Paper manual" (batteries not included).
Someone once said, "we are only as good as our batteries", now the quote has returned again and nothing has changed.
20160413_135404_(resized).jpg

Yup I like it. Try using a smart phone while navigating that.

#6744 8 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Newbie here, Getting my pro next week. Are the factory led's any good in this game? Or do they need some changes so the game is properly lit ?

I leave mine white in the inserts cuz the facets "sparkle" with them in which you loose much of when you color match them.

#6758 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

More testing..
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Could you make them go around in circles too? and could you make the speed they move a mix up of slow and fast and stationary instead of always fast? Always moving fast gets old fast....for me anyway.

#6761 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

All choreography is totally arbitrary. These runs are mainly for fatigue testing. Seeing what breaks. All movement is customisable. The only thing you can't do is complete horizontal circles because of the wires.

I see. I didn't mean horizontal circles.

#6791 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow is all I can say about this pin...... been playing alot the last week bc I added a bunch of mods . Ive had some of my best games the last 2 days and have seen every mode but end of the line which I just missed bc I drained trying to collect the last ciu mode. What a awesome pin and the ruleset and animations are just amazing and some the best ever. Love my pimped out pro. Added snake light mod, hooked caps, invisaglass, powdercoat, creeping death , total lightshow, topper, shaker, cliffys, color dmd, sub, speakerlights and grill inserts and few other things im forgetting. Have the hooked spinners to add also 20160417_201341.jpg20160417_201114.jpg20160417_201228.jpg20160417_201246.jpg

You need a led strip in the center drain, my leg light ups and beatmasters shooter housing light up.

#6793 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im looking for a metal custom apron like I have on my luci and imve with lighting.

You mean an LE apron? They are as rare as hens teeth. I was lucky and found one for my GB Pro I have coming. If you can find a red clear one they look even better on Met, I have one and love it. I wish they would start making those 2 aprons again.

#6796 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I don't think red wld look very good on met ?

I think it does.

#6811 7 years ago

He's right it does. I have the red light up one on my MET and it looks great bc it's clear and lights up when Sparky gets work done to him. I enjoy it.

I actually put more and bigger led pads under it so it REALLY lights up when he gets fried.

#6815 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I could not be any more excited, I have resigned my position and left the U.S.S Enterprise behind, and joined the ranks of the Metallica Crew. I hope you guys approve.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

I have Refinery #009. Your gonna have fun.

#6820 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

You need to treat that thing to a colordmd!

and my leg light-ups.

#6826 7 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

20160415_193117_(resized).png

That looks interesting. Where did ya get the crosses?

#6837 7 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Custom 3d printed.
I bought the cross set, and was so underwhelmed in the quality and look of them I had a friend print some for me.
I've since painted the crosses on the inside with glass paint (to colour match the insert or bulb they are closest to), and then coated the outside edges with clear UV reactive varnish.
I have UV flashers in Sparky, as well as a UV LED strip above him, so they really highlight the edges well.
As soon as I finish the last few I'll try posting a vid of them in action.

Cool, yes please post.

#6865 7 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

I tried colored bulbs at first and I didn't like the hot spots they created.
Buy these in 4 different colors and mount them underneath to a piece of plexiglass. The cheapest mod that makes a huge difference.
http://www.cometpinball.com/6-3-V-Plug-Play-Strips-Comet-Pinball-p/6.3vsmdstrips.htm

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

If they had them in frosted I imagine they would look even better. Great idea.

#6876 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Looks great I will need to come over and look at that.
On a side note , not sure what to call it, one of the led brackets that holds the led and has the wires running through the back that twist into place, in the first picture has a broken clip and does not snap in like it should .
Where can I get another one of those ?
Sorry if thats totally confusing...

Try Marco for that.

#6878 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I could not tell from the photo if these sockets have diodes? Anyway, here's a link to both types.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=288
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=885

Oh yeah...much better price.

#6908 7 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I just got my Met Pro NIB last month and I added a shaker and the sound activated LED kit to the speakers and back part of the playfield. I don't want to over do it but what other mods are popular?

While not popular (but that's why it's different) are my LED Leg Light-Ups.

#6914 7 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

anyone have problems with the left flipper dropping when hit with a ball from the snake? i have checked my flipper mech and didnt notice anything out of sorts. is this a symptom of the way the flippers are powered on stern games?

Is the flipper paw tight so the flipper shaft doesn't spin?

#6916 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

paw-697837_960_720_(resized).jpg

Yup that looks tight.

#6922 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Just ordered the colordmd for my premium.
Also noticed new update as well. Anything to be aware of on the installation? What settings should be set at, isn't there different options? If so what the best settings?

Welcome to the colordmd club. Thee best setting is the one you like the best so try all of them for a while then pick the one you like the best. There is no wrong pick.

#6971 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I guess that's what it's for but apparently not needed for colordmd. No bleed through of any backbox lights. I have the pinball refinery interactive light board too.

Same here and no problem.

#7016 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Does anyone know if this is a problem in both the pros and the premiums and/or if it has been corrected in the units being shipped now? I am considering a NIB MET (also considering GB, ST, and SM VE once I can play them all and would appreciate any thoughts) and just want to know what I may be in for. Thanks.

I'm the second owner of an original Refinery Met Pro and have never had that problem.

#7017 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What did you plug the LED strip into? Have a picture of how it looks? Thanks.

Actually this position for the strip works better I think, you can take the apron off without messing with the strip that's on that drain metal.

IMGA0987[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0987[1]_(resized).JPG

#7019 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What color did you use, RGB color changing? What did you plug it into? Thanks!

I just used white but purple looks good too and not as bright and it's 6.3v so I just tapped into the coin insert bulbs. Comet 7 led strips don't come in color changing, just straight colors.

#7029 7 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

mine's tapped into the GI at the outlane or a sling.

That got me to look at mine and mines tapped into a gi bulb as well.

#7030 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Now I'm thinking it may be cool to get 3 separate ones for their (3 strip instead of the 7's though) and tie them into the correct GI that would match the strip. That way when the game is all blue my apron light is blue, all red and the apron is red and so on.

That would be cool.

#7031 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Anyone who has the Total Lightshow mod on their pro can take the power for the LED strips that you might mount in the drain back to the relevant colour output on the main board and drive it in sync with the rest of the GI.

Now THAT would be waaaay cool.

#7045 7 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

Well I just had the worst thing happened on my game it is a pro made Apr 8 2015 HUO, maybe 1000 Play. The Play field art is popping off in dime size peaces and decals are falling off ...wtf ...
I sure hope stern makes this right . These are
Like Comercial grade machin they should hold up to lots of abuse.

#7068 7 years ago
Quoted from Zukboy2002:

I joined the club today!! I'll post some pics when it's set up. Super stoked about this one.

I see your slowly filling that big place.

#7074 7 years ago
Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Pool table will be for sale soon. ?

Really, I thought you loved that table.

#7075 7 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

one of my original plans was to make a bank of cylinders to do exactly that. Making it look right is the challenge, but we have a few ideas that we are working on and will share.

Thank you, I'd like too, but it'll be a bit before I do. I'm working on selling a house right now and completing projects for that. I keep telling my wife I need 3 months off of work just too get things done!
I'm going to print a couple up in silver and I'll share photos of them, hopefully this weekend.
Brian

To make it look more real how about a domed piston and holes drilled in the oil ring grove.

#7103 7 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I got my second Metallica in yesterday.

OH NO!!! You gotta send that Met back........the box has a hole in it.

#7116 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Heres where's my lcd is.

Yup, that's where mine is too and with some effort a double spot light fits behind it and you can't even see it from the players position.

#7176 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Mine is a ring spanning to the post below it. Came that way NIB.

Yup mine too. But removing that post I think you would get some crazy crazy pop action. I may have to try that sometime to see what happens.

#7181 7 years ago

Cool idea...where there's a will there's a way.

#7218 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I had an order of things i was picking up anyways, so i just threw some of them in the cart too.

That's what I thought but for the price you payed you probably could have gotten a bag full.

#7256 7 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I am just finishing up some more Pinball Refinery Editions of Metallica Monster Premium... I thought I would post a few pictures of these machines. They turnout very nice and I know my customers will be very happy with their machines. I have a couple more Premiums available and Pros are coming later this month to convert into Refinery Editions.
Thanks,
Steve
Pinball Refinery
231-740-8575

Those are some pinporn pictures. I love my Pro and have added about 25 mods on my own.

#7273 7 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I've now only got them fitted to the ball guides and find them perfect.

Drill a hole in them the size and position of the eyeball and then they will look like natural color eyeballs. There are pictures in past posts.

1 week later
#7337 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Need help installing the magnet control board. Where is this located?

Can't you find one that looks like it?

#7343 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

You guys keep the glass on?
I thought it was just a precaution for shipping.

and it keeps the air balls from flying out. You know how hard it is to find them when they fly out, they tend to roll all over the place.

#7346 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I wonder if my scores would suffer if I started using the flippers.

That might help.

#7369 7 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Picked this up two days ago off craigslist, it had 97 plays on it .
Its now has the sheet of PDI from my TOM on it and it's wired to the Polk audio sub.
PRO LED model.
Now I need to get some diffrent colored lights.

You finally joined the club.

#7404 7 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Can I join your cool kids club?

Only if you promise to mod the crap out of it.

#7442 7 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

New club member. I have spent the last 4 days reading...some skimming... of this thread from the beginning. I am happy to say I received my Met Pro LED today and couldn't be happier. Like many it seams, this is my first NIB machine and it still feels like a dream! I have many mods in the mail already and look forward to adding to the community of upstanding metal heads and ignoring the ones that aren't...
-Jim

Congrats. May I suggest my LED Leg Light-Ups and Beatmasters shooter housing light up. You'll see your game in a whole new light with them on. Enjoy your new game.

#7466 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Uploaded backwards, lol
The after is the full colour. Before is bulb spotting.

Yeah that is a great mod. Now to do the other big inserts.

#7501 7 years ago
Quoted from Beemus:

Fwiw I installed a 7 7/8" plunger yesterday since not all plunges were "clean". Plunges much better now. Not sure why stern uses the shorter 7 5/8" plunger. Tip now rests gently against ball. Slightly off center, yes, but of no concern with longer plunger.
For the record, Auto plunge mech adjusted to prevent strikes to pf. Deburred too.

Nice job. Is that a light you have in there?

#7507 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

there has to be some adjustment on the shooter rod assembly

No, the only way to center it is by using washers.

#7513 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

This is incorrect. You can unscrew the shooter rod assemble from inside the cabinet and move it slightly till the tip of the shooter rod hits the center of the pinball. I've had to adjust many over the year and it only takes about 5-10 mins.

That didn't work for me.

#7587 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Working on pinball machines can sometimes be incredibly frustrating. Yesterday, I was finishing up installing plastic protectors on the outlanes. When I was tightening up the final nut, the top of the post broke right off. Of course, this is one of the most difficult to replace posts in the entire game. I'm now going to have to remove the entire flipper assembly to get at it ...

Oh crap. How hard are you cranking those nuts down? I've never had that problem, remember those are Nylocks and all you have to do with plastics like that is just barely snug then down. I put mine on just a little more then finger tight and have never had any of then come off.

#7631 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Kudos to stern for diagnosing and fixing you up. Do you think that chip was bent from the factory? Have you ever updated code on it before? Just curiuos.

Most likely bent taking it out or putting it back in, I'd say putting it in. If it was from the factory like that it never would have worked right from the unboxing.

#7634 7 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

This came straight from the factory this way. Game is only 4 months old. So it was done by stern, my understanding is the the last code is burnt straight to the chip, their not wasting time updating code at the factory for every game they build

and the game played like that.

#7705 7 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I bought a set of Hooked's cool Metallica bumper caps. They look great but I wanted a bit more light so I modified them a bit myself. Any opinions?

What did ya do?

#7710 7 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I bought some of Hooked's led pads that are used for the IM caps so I would have something wicked bright in there. Then I bought some of Titan's glow rings and some slightly longer screws. I broke the top off of 3 leds and attached them to the bumper caps. I placed the ring on top of the bumper housing and I packed the 2 areas where light could escape with packing material. Then I just screwed the cap on top.
A clear ring with a dark purple would look cool too but I don't know where to get a bright enough purple led.

Hmmmm, I'd have to see pictures. VERY creative.

#7712 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Got sucked into buying some signed new DD artwork at CAX this weekend.

Oh I bet they had to twist your arm REAL hard.

#7728 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's a really cool drawing! Those guys piloting the ship remind me of the two coked out dudes from Heavy Metal.

Gooood Nyborg maaaaan.

#7729 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Is this the part where I anonymously stand up and introduce myself ?
Been waiting for 3 years to join this club. This machine is the most fun I've ever had on a pin. Like Eddie Money, I think I'm in love.

What the hell you been waitin for?

#7732 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just been bashing balls all week, no strategy really ; just trying to figure out shots and jammin. Anybody gotta link for a ruleset ? So is the soft plunge rollover drop in the most awarded skill shot ? Violent Steves nose bone is ridin on this question.

If you REALLY want to FEEL the game put a 12inch 300 watt powered sub under it. I have the DK Pinball sub connector on the game and I know it makes a big difference. Who needs a shaker.

#7735 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I have JP so I did a quick look and if you look at the position of the holes for the legs on Metallica they are higher up on the cabinet....The holes on JP are lower so the game is higher

Yes the legs are mounted higher. They have been creeping up for quite a few years. I think they want you to get more of a top down view so you can see the back of the pf cuz more then ever things you need to know is back there. Don't quote me on that though.

#7736 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Been diggin those leg lights Paul. Need those and shooter rod in purple. Speakers 1st buddy.

Thanks man. I don't see them lit though.

#7741 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I need it LOUDER !!!

Well buy a small 12v power amp/eq and wire it in. 30 or 40 watts and those bb speakers may need to be replaced too. Won't sound as good as a cd but will still kick some ass ESPECIALLY with a BIG friggin 12inch sub.

#7769 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

So I just got off the phone with RL Carriers again, the rep had me on hold for about 5 minutes while she called the terminal. Apparently the delivery terminal still hasn't received the machine, it's in limbo between them and LAX.... Might lose my mind if I have to go another weekend without, had the house all to myself this past weekend with no new game to geek out on. Hoping for better news tomorrow!

Sorry to hear they STILL can't find it. Where ever it is I hope it's not getting damaged. When you get it go over the box with a magnifying glass looking for even a scratch on the box.

1 week later
#7900 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Another option is to go with the PINsub kit ....

I have those on all my games that have external subs and noticed a big difference in sound quality over the alligator clips method. I actually had to turn the audio level on the sub down after putting them on and the sound was cleaner also.

#7983 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Made it.
Coming soon to redshiftLED. These are pretty darn nice in the flesh, but this version is NOT rated for playfield lift. There will be a premium, built-like-a-tank version, that will be more expensive and available in fewer colours, but totally capable of replacing factory aprons in terms of strength when used as a playfield lifting handle.

Quoted from TimeBandit:

Made it.
Coming soon to redshiftLED. These are pretty darn nice in the flesh, but this version is NOT rated for playfield lift. There will be a premium, built-like-a-tank version, that will be more expensive and available in fewer colours, but totally capable of replacing factory aprons in terms of strength when used as a playfield lifting handle.

This is gonna be a VERY popular item.....especially if you have colors available. IF the price is right that is. If you made them for different year games too, I'd LOVE one for my BOP.

#8023 7 years ago

Tracking indicates it made it to Los Angeles, RL says it never made it to their delivery terminal there from LAX. All they've done is request additional dock checks again and again, and again. Could just be sitting in a corner somewhere with no paperwork, could have been placed onto the wrong truck and was delivered to the wrong place (in which case someone seems to have kept it for themselves) etc. etc. Who knows, definitely not RL Carriers.

I think it time you put your foot down and demanded action or your going to get your lawyer involved. This has gone on long enough.

#8040 7 years ago

Indeed this has gone on long enough but making petty threats just isn't my style, not that I have a lawyer in the first place. I'm a customer service manager myself so I tend to be as polite as possible when dealing with the people trying to help me. I deal with enough assholes and their crazy demands I'm not about to become one of them.
I'd probably be a little more impatient if my distributor had any Metallica Premiums in stock, but they don't so I'm simply left waiting until they receive more from Stern. The lost shipment is between them and the shipping company, there's really nothing I can do to speed up the process. Or maybe I'm just too laid back to get worked up over something that doesn't have an immediate fix.

I see what your saying, so maybe you should start getting on your distro more then?

#8058 7 years ago

Looks like someone is gonna be up late tonight and maybe late for work tomorrow.

#8062 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Work? More like a sick day coming. Those summer colds suck!

1 week later
#8113 7 years ago

I wonder what the new album sounds like?

#8182 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I love the pro, faster gameplay, no ugly huge hammer blocking your view!
I always assumed Stern used the 2 ball captive ball to avoid patent infringments with Williams, but recently heard an interview with John Trudeau who stated it was to avoid making the switch inaccessible due to having to wait for a single ball to return to the rest position.
Not sure if any other Stern games use a typical single ball captive ball or not though...

Avatar LE, Mustang Pro, GB Pro and NASCAR have 2 balls but T3 has a single ball which is not captive of course.

#8219 7 years ago
Quoted from SomeCaliGuy:

What are some of the most common parts or pieces to break on Metallica? I have the Premium model.

I sure don't know, I've never broken anything on my Pro.

#8239 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You can swap out any song you want using Pinball Browser ....

But the new songs have to be the EXACT length as the songs your taking out.

#8241 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Yes and no, they can be shorter but there will be some silent space at the end, or if they are longer then they will get cut at the time length of the original song.

Well yeah, that's why I said exact.

#8311 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I watched videos of the creeping death mod and didn't care for it. I saw it live at Pintastic and bought it on the spot. It is so impressive in action. I thought those light bars looked out of place in the video, but when you see the effect, OMG. Love it.

The only thing I DON'T like about it is that it doesn't light the ENTIRE side panels from top to bottom. I may try to fix that by heating the plastic and make more of a Y out of it then an L.

#8343 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Oh and the creeping death light rails with pinblades are the best mod out there, completely pushes the light show to another level!

I love mine to and I got the extra pair of decals to put on the rails so they don't blind you. Do you have those on yours?

#8385 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

On a forum like this you're only going to hear the bad, I've yet to see a "My new Stern is perfect" thread,

I'd start one about my Mustang Pro, it's still perfect after about a year and a half but that would only piss people off.

#8394 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Have you had any issues with your MET pro?

It's an original first run, I'm the second owner and no problems at all.

#8403 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Longer term owners, how often
has this blown for you?

Zero in 3 years.

#8406 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

F7 fuse blown 3 times. METLE
Not sure why..

You have a big problem, something is shorting it. Your sure your putting the proper fuse in?

#8409 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea, I believe so. That fuse is part of the magnet circuity. I can tell when it has blown when they dont hold the ball at all, but I cant determine when it happens. I just notice that the ball is not being held. What do you think I should check for. Fuse is the correct replacement. It hasnt happend in quite a while now.

Sorry, I have no idea what to check for.

#8410 7 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Why won't Stern address this publicly?

They don't address any problems publicly, that's just the way they do business.

#8425 7 years ago

It is but you may have to wait a loooooong time for a HUO to come up and if it comes up from across the country are you and the seller willing to have it shipped and being shipped you can't inspect it before you buy it.

#8434 7 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I'm joining this club tonight. (Woohoo.)

Let the modding begin.

1 week later
#8449 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Pinsider j.m. just offered to send me his extra Sparky protector for a beer at Expo.
This is why I love pinball.
THANKS BROUGHAM !!!

Also for the green out lane protectors drill out where the eyeball is, that way it will stay the normal color and not green. I and a few others did it and it looks really good. It's on a back page somewhere, just look for the pictures.

#8494 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Thanks to all who pm me with interest in my sparky airball plastic. I have replied to all and the remaining stock went out to those in the order i received the pms.
Since so many still are interested ill probably make another batch in next couple weeks. Ill let ya know when available again.
Some asked for pics. So here ya go.

This is a much needed mod, glad to see your making more.

3 weeks later
#8576 7 years ago
Quoted from TeaPea:

Hi guys, I got a NIB Metallica Premium here in the UK yesterday, awesome machine, plus Metallica are my fave. band...
Is there a list of all available mods anywhere on here? As I'm just trying to work out which mods to go with to get the game looking top notch!

Welcome to the club, your gonna LOVE it, especially a premium. I make and sell my LED Leg Light-Ups. Look for my topic. "New LED Leg Light-Ups) for pictures.

1 week later
#8606 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Going from memory:
1. Remove two screws that hold the plate that holds the coil for the post in (not the coil stop).
2. Remove the plastic tipped post from the coil. The spring will come off the post as well.
3. Mount spring from plastic post to new metal one.
4. Insert metal post and spring into coil.
5. Screw the coil plate back into the base plate.
6. Check to see if the top of the metal post is level with the playfield when it's down. Adjust height as required with screw in guide at opposite end from the coil stop.
A picture would help but there's not much to it.

I found it easier th remove the assembly from the pf then swap it out.

#8612 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ive been checking for a few months now, maybe Ill just give them a call and see whats up.

Please post what you find out.

#8632 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

1) Mine is the original wood box version and although it has LEDs they might not be the super brights. I went into the service menu and noticed GI brightness was 50. Is that standard? I went to 100 but it didn't seem to make it brighter.

You need to put Comets 2 smd clear dome bulbs in it. The white clear domes really make the facets of the inserts sparkle. I don't color match cuz you loose the sparkle then.

#8655 7 years ago

They are 44/47 but why one going out is effecting the other 5 is strange.

#8662 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yes, they are. F3 on your driver board.

Thanks TB. Are you a god?

#8668 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Cheap and Easy snake fangs -- legos and earthquake putty.
This is not my idea, found it elsewhere on pinside months ago, but works great.
I've got over two months and 400+ plays on them with no issues.
I have a limited amount of extra parts if anyone is interested.

NEW!modfor salePlaced 2016-10-28 00:48 (today)Metallica mod - Snake Fangs / Teeth - Cheap & Easy“I have a limited amount of surplus materials after putting snake fangs on my MET Pro.

For $6 bucks (domestic shipping included) I...” $ 6 (Firm) zene10 Elkridge, MD New

Money sent. Thanks Scott.

1 week later
#8682 7 years ago

I have the LED version in my T3 and it doesn't do any of the visual look "tricks" the LCD version does but man-o-man it sure is nice and bright compared to the LCD version.

1 week later
#8706 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Joined the Metallica owners club with a NIB Premium purchase. Was a bit older production run so hoping I avoid the play field issues many are having. Looks great so far!
Unfortunately, have to report two issues that should never have passed Stern quality control. First, the GI didn't work out of the box. Turned out wire was too taught underneath and pulling on the connector. Second, the cross would raise but falls after rising. Check out the pics below - it was installed wrong and screws missing.
Thanks to @gweempose for helping me identify the issue and resolving tonight. Crazy that passed Q&A.

You should send those pictures and description to Stern. Glad you finally got your Met.

#8710 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm having fun myself still trying to fix the manual shooter rod, auto shooter and snake. the screw holes for the auto shooter were all jacked up and 7 out of 9 of them were stripped out. (toothpicks and wood glue to the rescue for those).

the 6 screw holes for the entire snake assembly and the captured ball stand-up target were not drilled in the proper place (causing the right side of the snake jaw to rub on the inside of the playfield cut-out) and now I need to plug them with 1/8" dia. wooden dowels and wood glue and then re-pilot and drill new holes approx. 1-2mm away

That's horrible. I hope you contacted Stern about all that.

#8713 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

there's not much that I could have done about considering that I had the machine for over a year before I managed to clear out enough space to unbox and set it up.
plain and simple, their auto shooter setup is pretty bad and causes a lot of undue torque on the assembly itself due to the fact that it is offset, but that has nothing to do with how mine was put together. everything worked pretty well out of the box, but after 200-300 plays, it becomes apparent that things just aren't working the way that they should.
looking at the how the snake was mounted (and the captured ball target, mounted so that it was actually screwed down on top of the snake mechanism is just pure laziness, poor judgement and no supervision to verify assembly of these complicated machines. it shows that their workers don't really care. sure, they're all smiles when you take a tour of stern's building, but my guess is that most of those positions pay minimum wage.
I'm working on getting a nos playfield. I'll have ron kruzman clear it and then I'll eventually swap it and either sell or hang the original on the wall.
I liken how my machine was put together just like an automobile being built on a friday

Aw man that's sad.

#8715 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the good part is that I'm not one to worry about getting my hands "dirty" and go in and fix it myself. probably saves me a lot in the long run and adds another skill to my repertoire

Getting your hand's dirty? How old is your game.

#8726 7 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Any recommendations as to whether I should go LCD or LED for a color DMD? I've skimmed through the LCD vs LED thread, but didn't see Met used as an example. I was hoping to get some insight from within the club as to which is preferred.

No one has an led in their game yet. Everyone is waiting to see who's gonna be the first.

#8728 7 years ago

Many people love the dot look and the led display does not disappoint. I have the led T3 next to my lcd Met Pro.

#8752 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

LMAO....oops! Well, I've been in this one for a while too

Congrats. Let the modding begin.

#8802 7 years ago

That's strange, mines a Refinery Pro 2013 model and it has the lever. Was that a Refinery option back then?

#8806 7 years ago

How about putting them on small springs so they wiggle around when you play.

#8827 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you can replace those standard height ESNA lock nuts with the thinner (jam nuts) that places like scot @ pinrepair.com sells
http://pinrestore.com/Hardware.html (about 1/2 down the page)

Oh thanks for reminding me just ordered some, I was almost out. 8 for $1 is a good deal so I ordered a shit load.....but the shipping sucks.

1 week later
#8903 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The modding possibilities with this game are endless...
Blue backboard light, purple trough light, lighted red eyeballs (camera doesn't pick up the red light well) and a backboard flasher mod that flashes red whenever the pops are hit.
» YouTube video
Most available in our pinside shop or our website... Lermods.com. The backboard flasher mod isn't on our website yet, but is the same one we have for Ironman, which is blue.

Tell me about it, I have an original Refinery Pro and have put over 20 mods on it.

#8905 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Lit up the snake's mouth, tied to the bulb above the snake. Im new to metallica so not sure if anyone has done this before, probably they have, cool mod.
» YouTube video

Oh yeah we have. I put 2 double flex head green in mine.

#8950 7 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Can't wait mine loaded up today should be here in about 10 days! Already downloaded the latest code as I'm sure it wasn't updated at all. Then lets the mods flow!

Consider my Leg Light-Ups for your game.

1 week later
#8973 7 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what distributor you got your Met from. Who would you recommend? Is Met premium still available?
Lastly can u buy confident in the quality coming from stern right now?
Merry Christmas everyone

Your close to Cointaker so check them out.

1 week later
#9029 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

as promised, here's a photo of the inside of the snake jaw using an endoscope showing just how far the vuk plunger assy was off-center (and the cause of all my issues)

this was mainly caused by improper assembly when the machine was built. I ended up removing the entire snake assy (again), and then carefully re-positioning both weldments to re-center the plunger
I ended up having to leave out one screw out completely to get the plunger centered as the factory drilled hole was off by more than 1.5mm. this small amount was enough shift the position of the lower weldment and the vuk plunger as seen in the image above

Wow that was a pretty big flaw. Good work.

#9041 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Working on a magnet speaker panel for Metallica.

From that picture it really does look like a piece of audio rack equipment in your bb. Now if you could rig a few small leds by some of the dials that would look like you had a working 1/4 stack back there. It really lights up nicely with the reflected pf light. I got a wood box Met Pro... dang.

#9045 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Ha! Somehow I knew you would say it needs some LEDs somewhere! I'm working on something for wood speaker panels.
I think it goes great with the game.

Hey I'm just tryin to be helpful.

Interested to see what you come up with. Just make sure you design it with thought in mind about what it would look like with a Color DMD in it.

Jeeze I really like that one you just made.

#9059 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

The one I'm going to go look at the guy bought a kit and installed them. What's the worst case? The lights would flicker?

Look for how smooth the insert leds fade up and down, if it looks jerky not a smooth fade in and out that's bad. The OCD board will take care of that problem.

#9061 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

So I take it that board could be added on?

Yes I "think" so. Has anyone done that?

#9095 7 years ago
Quoted from RumRunner9:

Simple fix is to buy a new core (for $12) and swap it out.

Orrrr if your buddy owns a machine shop.

#9102 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Shameless self promotion.
I have a small number of skulls left and loosing access to the shop I use - so what I have on hand will be the only ones produced for a while.
Tied it to the coffin flasher so it lights when the coffin flasher lights in the middle of the playfield or any of the coffin lock lights.
Also have cheap snake fangs available.

Mod - For SaleMetallica Pro Coffin & Skull with lit eyeballsNew “Silver Skull with lit eyes on coffin, $55 (USPS First Class included in price, continental USA).

The mod is designed to sit above the captive ball coffin lock (behind the newton b...”
9 days ago Elkridge, MD 55 (Firm)
zene10

Mod - For SaleMetallica mod - Snake Fangs / Teeth - Cheap & EasyNew “For $6 bucks (domestic shipping included) I'll send you everything you need to add them to your snake.

There's nothing magic about this. You can readily find the components yourse...”
1 month ago Elkridge, MD 6 (Firm)
zene10

You should be ashamed of yourself. promoting like that. Just kidding, thanks for letting us know. They are great mods.

#9116 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have a Dremel. What is the correct accessory? Some sort of cutting wheel?

An abrasive cut off wheel works really good. They usually come in like a 5 pack.

1 week later
#9175 7 years ago

That's definitely cool for those that already have the snake mod. For me though, just glad I never bought the mod in the first place. Never would have thought about it blocking the rollover lights.
I had all kinds of mods planned while waiting for my game and have yet to buy a single one. The more I play the game the less I feel the need for more trinkets, still considering a couple though so we'll see.

I hope my mod is on your list.

#9179 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Good idea. I either try to hide the wire behind the post or route it down the ramp behind the snake.

How about those specialty posts Swinks makes?

#9208 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I just sent payment for a PRO! Will finally become a member very soon
Can you guys please tell me the must have mods (specially to protect the playfield) I must get before I play the first game? Thanks!

My Leg Light-Ups are cool. I don't have a picture of purple on MET sorry.

Leg lights (resized).jpegLeg lights (resized).jpeg

#9211 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

They are VERY cool indeed! I'll PM you when I get Met

OK, if you don't want purple I have other colors too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

687 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mustangpaul. You are on page 2 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/2?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.