met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

275 posts in this topic match your search for posts by 85vett. You are on page 2 of 2.
#13988 5 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I have noticed that a few MET LE owners have their certificates in a frame. Did the game come with this? My certificate is just in plastic. Also something interesting, is that playfields are 1 of 500 but do not seem to coordinate to the certificates!

gweempose covered the certificates but for your other question. Those are never related. The PF numbers is the number in the batch of PF's for that run with that PF mfg. Stern uses (or used) multiple mfgs for PF's as well. If someones PF number lines up with the game number that would be a cool coincidence.

#14010 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Who here has made it to EOTL, the final wizard mode?
Rob

About half a dozen times. Pretty interesting mode but not really all that well coded IMHO. The key to getting their is to NOT play seek and destroy. Take your super skill shots to lock in lanes for collects and while in MB you focus on those lanes. You want to have CIU lit after every MB.

***spoiler alert***

- First thing to know is it is the 5th crank it up mode so you have to collect all your shots again. First time I finished my 4th CIU mode I was looking everywhere to figure out how to start it.
- All the main shots light Red. (at least on a prem/LE). You have to shoot all the shots to turn them green. Once they are all green (and if memory serves me correctly) you've hit the grave, casket, snake and sparky you shoot the scoop to collect.
- points really aren't that great and it is a one ball mode.

My one tip would be to not collect it to early after starting it (right scoop). It's fun but for how hard it is to get to it's kind of a let down to me. The animations are cool though. I find Encore in AC/DC much better (same difficulties in getting their). But out of the Lyman generation of games I put it towards the bottom of his efforts for a Wizard mode

#14011 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Do the two orbits advance anything or contribute to anything greater, except other than in unrelated modes?
I feel like almost every other completed shot or switch hit contributes to some kind of progress. However ... do they? I'm unaware of it and never heard someone say they do.
Other thing is, does the Super Skillshot that you make have any influence? Like a bonus for that particular shot or an associated mode or something, or doesn't matter at all?
If no to both, maybe something in future update, as Lyman apparently still wants to update Metallica.

On a prem/LE - They help you advance the Fade to Black CIU mode much quicker. I believe the pro compensates a little bit by giving you some extra shot for an orbit but nothing like the spinner. Outside of this, it's just a way to feed the pops to increase bonus X and your mystery levels. Or, more importantly, a VERY safe way to progress towards CIU if you can lock in either orbit lane, especially on ball one.

#14035 5 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

So my magnetic screwdriver wasn't as magnetic as it claimed to be on the handle...
Can anyone tell me what size the screw holding the spotlight here is?[quoted image]

Same as what the one is on the left sling

If memory serves me correctly it's a 6x32 by 3/8. Take the left one out and run to home depot just to be sure.

But as mentioned, you want to find it. Can do some harm if it gets stuck where power can reach it.

#14037 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I had the left spot light bulb pop out yesterday and land in the trough area, but still on the playfield. I quickly trapped the ball to avoid anything from happening but as luck would have it, opening the coin door caused the high voltage to go out, drop the flipper and drain the ball (of course, which hit the bulb and sent it into the trough with the ball following behind
fast forward to 15 mins of trying to get the last ball out of the trough so that I could use some tiny craftsman screwdrivers and "walk" the bulb back to the left edge of the trough (center of the playfield) where I could fish it out by hand.
at least that was an easier fix than when the ball baron chromium balls got so magnetized that 3 of them were almost permanently fused inside the subway and would not move. that one left me dumbfounded until I had the throught to force more [new] balls into the subway to push the magnetized ones through

Get this and thank me later Every pinhead should have one in their toolbox.

https://www.harborfreight.com/15-lb-capacity-telescoping-magnetic-pickup-tool-95933.html

These can be a lifesaver as well. I know HF has them but just can't find them online to link them for you though. But here it is from another company for about the same price.

https://www.toolusa.com/products/s1-04036?variant=10165876949035&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyZDVoez73AIVCS9pCh3gZAYoEAkYCSABEgKkHPD_BwE

2 weeks later
#14147 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Flipper issue seems to have resolved itself for now.
New question....
I bought a stern sam shaker today. Easy mod, or should have been. Screwed everything in place, hooked up the wires, not complicated or anything. I'm getting nothing from the shaker. Turned it on in the menu and went to coil test, even played a ball to make sure. Nothing. Could I have a faulty shaker or is there something obvious I'm missing?
Wires from shaker go to included board. The other wires taps into the nearby power and the matching backbox wire near the back of the cabinet. I cant figure out what could even be done wrong at all. I drove 2hrs to get there and back today. I'd like to avoid the drive again. Thanks

Did you make sure the shaker was turned on in the code?

#14149 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I unplugged my shaker. Couldn't tame it down enough to where it wouldn't rattle the game too much. Don't really miss it.

2 ways to adjust that. Change the locations of the weights on the end of the shaker. And if that is still to much you can cut some of the weights off.

On a Pro the shaker really didn't add much (to me) but on the Prem/LE it's an awesome part of the hammer display as it shakes when the hammer pretends to hit the ball through the PF.

#14151 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I bought mine used and it came with the Cointaker shaker and I hate it. I have read that you can put a device in line to tame it - so I might try that at some point - but the extsernal subwoofer seems good enough to me during the hammer strike.

Ah, makes more sense now. Those CT ones are pretty extreme IMHO.

2 weeks later
#14204 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Thanks to the poster for this idea I saw here last week. Cheap, Easy and if you look around a bit there are so many shapes and sizes depending on your preference.
I wasnt sure I'd like the look of the convex mirror as they tend to stretch and distort reflections. Instead I found this nice little wedge in the automotive section at walmart. Works great and blends well with the curve of the ramp
[quoted image]

Guess that is the only benefit of being built way to close to the ground. I'm short enough to where I clearly see the lights in the reflection from the backpanel. It's my home field advantage for when my friends come and play.

1 week later
#14278 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Like it. Doesn’t look out of place next to the snake.

What snake. I just see a turtle in that picture

Mod looks great. You really need some fangs next though!

1 week later
#14341 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think it's because the cross is seen as a christian symbol and that isn't acceptable with some other countries. It's probably a setting so the game isn't banned in those other countries.
Rob

A symbol banned. Ouch... and people complain about there freedom in the US.....

2 weeks later
#14492 5 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

Hi,
I don't know if this has been answered or not but it is a long thread.
Is there an end to "End of the line" or does it just keep going?
Thanks

Yes, it ends and can actually end pretty quick if you complete all the shots quickly and shoot the scoop.

#14505 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

How to Set My Shooter Lane for Reliable/Straight Plunges?
Hi.
I'm having a heck of a time getting my newly acquired HUO MET to plunge properly. Most of my plunges do NOT sail smoothly into the orbit. Instead, they get tossed off track somehow and crash into the lane guides or whatever beneath the right ramp there. It's frustrating, obviously, as I want to plunge all the way around for the Super Skill Shot every time. I've aligned the shooter housing carefully so the shooter tip is precisely behind the ball. At this point, either my shooter isn't colinear with the shooter lane, or there is something amiss with that funky stainless ramp that lies at the end of the lane and carries the ball up/over the orbit wall. (See photo)
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

I would be extremely surprised if it was that ramp (it also looks fine from the pics). You siad you aligned your shooter rod. Are you sure it is hitting the ball directly in the middle of the ball? That is critical to get a smooth launch. Next thing to check is if the ball and shooter tip are close to each other while at rest. Sometimes it's in front of that point and that extra distance throws things off.

One other thing to check is your shooter rod. Take it out and check to see if it may be slightly bent which would make shots very inconsistent based off how it was oriented.

#14515 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Thanks, 85Vette, JeffsArcade, and J_M, for your helpful replies.
My shooter rod is straight (the game is basically new) and my auto-launch plunges the ball just as badly as the shooter.
I wish it were magnets, but the ball is deflected long before it can be affected by a magnet.
Signs point to this odd ramp with the notch cut in it.
J

Lightly plunge the ball and watch for the angle. Does it plunge straight?

If the auto plunger is also off it makes me feel as though the claw that holds the ball and slings it may not be centered or one of the claws is slightly forward of the other. This will also make the ball go crazy at a plunge. I've been in your shoes with several games and would have bet money it was that little ramp. I've even taken it out and re-installed it and every time it was actually at the plunger itself. That little ramp would have to be way off to mess things up.

Can you take a video of it while it auto plunges as well as a soft manual plunge and a hard manual plunge? That way you can slow it down. IF the ball hits the ramp dead center on all 3 of those then you would be right and it would be that ramp. If it hits the wall before that then it's something lower down.

#14531 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I find the pro plays faster

I hate to quote as this isn't directed just at you but...

I hear this all the time for the argument. Is it just because it is the cliche thing to say with the pro vs prem argument? I ask in truth as the prem/le actually plays faster than the Pro. Why? Because every single time you hit the snake on a pro it will go in the snake, sit for a couple of seconds and then spit out. For the prem/LE the ONLY time it goes in the snake mouth is when that shot is lit for something to advance. Otherwise the jaws are closed. This happens a lot during a normal game of play. The only increase in time on the Prem/LE is the hammer which goes off once a game for most players. If you are having a really good game you may see it 2 or 3 times but it's pretty rare for player to get casket MB in a game. The added 3-4 seconds of hammer slamming you get 1-3 times a games easily adds up to less time sitting than the number of times the ball goes into the snake on a pro with no advancement made.

Also, why does nobody ever put any merit into the color changing inserts? That is a game play effect feature where most of the other things are just bling. Once you learn the colors and what they mean it makes playing a pro hard. Don't get me wrong, I love playing the pro as well during league but everyone always wants to dog the prem/LE for the hammer which is lame. It doesn't block anything but your view of the left pop bumper and if it's that bad just get a smaller hammer like many have done.

#14544 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Sorry mate for not responding earlier, there is no end to this mode as long as you make the shots. It keeps going until you lose the last ball or it (not sure now) it times out a bit like seek and destroy.
If you make the shots a ball is added to the mode ie 1 becomes 2, 2 become 3 balls in play etc

Are you sure? I could have sworn that after turning all shots green and then shooting the scoop it ended. I know that it never ends as long as you have not locked in all shots first though.

#14636 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Picked up a nice LE today, so I guess I'm in the club!
A couple of minor things I've noticed. The snake inconsistently ejects the ball and seems like a lot of straight down the middle. Any suggestions on how to fix that?
Also the very first grave marker Target doesn't seem to respond to a lot of hits. Almost have to hit it perfectly. Is that just a simple leaf switch adjustment?
Thanks

If it's not going down when hit then I always adjust the spring first. I make it just a slight bit stronger and that normally resolves the issue.

For the snake eject. I could be wrong but I believe their is a setting for the power. I know their is one for the scoop. Check for that as increasing or decreasing the eject power will effect it's trajectory.

#14646 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hmmmm. Played a few games on it tonight, and when I make the left orbit shot, it gets stuck behind the post.
When the ball search goes off, and the post fires down and up, the ball moves a bit, but stays there touching the left side of the post.
Any thoughts?

Is your post staying up? The way you've written your two post about it makes it sounds like it is in the up position all the time and only goes down when the coil fires. If that is the case, that is the opposite behavior it should be doing.

If that is not the case and it is down in the resting position (correct) then you should look to see if it is level with the game while down. It's not uncommon for them to come slightly above or below the PF. Both can cause ball sticking issues.

#14651 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

This is how mine works with the new post. Many others work better though. I’ve tried a few different things and nothing works.

Last effort attempt that worked for me, for which I now only get a bounce back maybe 5% of the time.

Check the coil sleeve for the post. Factory, mine was long enough that it was going into the hole in the PF. I trimmed mine down to where it just barely makes it past the retaining bracket for the mech (the bracket the post goes through). This created more "slack" in the post. It still doesn't contact the PF but it has some wiggle room now. This wiggle room gave it enough of a cushion to now prevent the bounce backs. Worth a try if it's bothering you.

#14655 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I think I got the post issue fixed. Also, I took the fangs out of the snake, and that seems to have sorted that problem with the ball hanging in the job.
Grave targets are still not registering all clean shots. Is it likely the spring that needs replacing here?
And last thing, for the out outlane posts, is the factory default UP (hard) or DOWN (easy)?
Thanks.

Don't need to replace the springs. Just take them off and install them at a slightly shorter setting. I, personally, just cut off a half dozen or so windings and bend the last two down to make the springs shorter.

#14670 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Crap! Right in the middle of CIU and my flippers went dead! Out hole switches seem fine?

Reseat the through connectors.

#14671 5 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

You have to mess with the washers to get the targets to fall just right. I had to adjust my LE after it was new, they wouldn't go down nicely, or they would go down by themselves. Once you get the proper washer spacing in the mech, they will work fine.

If they just wont go down all that is needed is spring adjustments.

1 week later
#14772 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Maybe I should start lowering the required amount of items someday.

Looks like the new code autos to 12 instead of 15. I'd still take it a step further to 10. That's what we started doing for tournaments to help increase the excitement and it was well worth the change.

1 month later
#15490 5 years ago

Was it the sparky coil that went up i smoke? That's been known to happen when you open the coin door but haven't heard of it locking on when you power cycle the game.

1 week later
#15516 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What size screws are used to hold the spinner brackets to the PF?

Don't take my word for it as I'm only about 80% sure but I think they are #6 screws like this -
https://www.pinballlife.com/6-x-12-unslotted-hex-head-screw.html

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 25.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 26.50
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
275 posts in this topic match your search for posts by 85vett. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/2?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.