C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 434.
#14901 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Wow these got expensive!
Breaks my heart you’re tearing apart the game!!
GLWS.

Mods aren't really my thing. They're definitely cool, but I like games a little more "open".

#14902 5 years ago

Uploaded the new code and all good, this game kicks more ass. Just wondering if colorDMD knows of a coloring issue when feature adjustment #125 Grave Marker Type is set to RIP tombstone instead of normal. I changed this setting to RIP Tombstone to check it out, and when the ball ends the bonus screen is not colored. Since they have to update for the new code anyway, they should fix this too.

#14903 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Uploaded the new code and all good, this game kicks more ass. Just wondering if colorDMD knows of a coloring issue when feature adjustment #125 Grave Marker Type is set to RIP tombstone instead of normal. I changed this setting to RIP Tombstone to check it out, and when the ball ends the bonus screen is not colored. Since they have to update for the new code anyway, they should fix this too.

Maybe send out an email to ColorDMD? I’m not sure if they read all these threads on Pinside.

#14904 5 years ago

Joined the club in the UK at the weekend and purchased a tastefully modded MET PRO LED

Anyone know if redshiftLED are still selling the rising grave marker mod?

62B6AE53-1822-4529-B6D8-00234FCF6B4C (resized).jpeg62B6AE53-1822-4529-B6D8-00234FCF6B4C (resized).jpegB20A6E75-415D-4E42-8463-3A95A56214C5 (resized).jpegB20A6E75-415D-4E42-8463-3A95A56214C5 (resized).jpegC61E2CF8-DFD3-477E-9DA0-F4585A4A106F (resized).jpegC61E2CF8-DFD3-477E-9DA0-F4585A4A106F (resized).jpeg
#14906 5 years ago
Quoted from acidburn:

Joined the club in the UK at the weekend and purchased a tastefully modded MET PRO LED
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lovely. The previous owner obviously had a good eye for detail

#14907 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Lovely. The previous owner obviously had a good eye for detail

And the previous owner went the extra mile to also apply the total lightshow mod to the flipper area!

As far as I know Redshift itself never sold the rising cross mech but they were available thru Marco's a while back. Quite pricey though do I didn't bother to buy it.

#14908 5 years ago
Quoted from acidburn:

Looks badass. You're gonna love it!

#14909 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

And the previous owner went the extra mile to also apply the total lightshow mod to the flipper area!

Yup, I did. It’s not right without it.

#14910 5 years ago

With the new code, I have noticed that after a certain amount of points, it gives me a REPLAY (instead of an extra ball...same thing?) but when I drain it just goes to ball 2. What exactly do you get with REPLAY? With the previous code, it would give me an extra ball with the flames and speakers animation. Thanks and sorry for my ignorance

#14911 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

With the new code, I have noticed that after a certain amount of points, it gives me a REPLAY (instead of an extra ball...same thing?) but when I drain it just goes to ball 2. What exactly do you get with REPLAY? With the previous code, it would give me an extra ball with the flames and speakers animation. Thanks and sorry for my ignorance

Replay awards an extra credit by default, as in ‘Play Again’. Changing the replay default back to Extra Ball will sort it. When you moved to 1.80 all of your changes will have been reset to defaults. I’d go through them all again quickly, just to be sure.

#14912 5 years ago

Replay awards an extra credit by default, as in ‘Play Again’. Changing the replay default back to Extra Ball will sort it. When you moved to 1.80 all of your changes will have been reset to defaults. I’d go through them all again quickly, just to be sure.

Thanks for the quick response!

#14913 5 years ago
Quoted from acidburn:

I bought a rising cross parts kit from Marco and was planning on adding it to my TLS install. What I was told by redshift was that there was some kind of hardware redesign that he needed to implement. That was a few months ago. I have since decided to create my own standalone rising cross mod (not requiring total light show) and have a working prototype. I should have it done by the end of the year.

Anybody interested can PM me directly. Also if anybody is looking to buy a Stern rising cross kit (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-7471-00) can also PM me.

#14914 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

The full Total Lightshow Extra Mile Achievement® is unlocked by installing the flipper area - with the Premium/LE inlane rails so the middle light is playfield level.

#14915 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I bought a rising cross parts kit from Marco and was planning on adding it to my TLS install. What I was told by redshift was that there was some kind of hardware redesign that he needed to implement. That was a few months ago. I have since decided to create my own standalone rising cross mod (not requiring total light show) and have a working prototype. I should have it done by the end of the year.
Anybody interested can PM me directly. Also if anybody is looking to buy a Stern rising cross kit (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-7471-00) can also PM me.

PM sent mate

#14916 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I'd be interested in a rising cross with no lightshow. I'll be keeping an eye out for this.

#14917 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

That’s great news if you are going to get one working. From my end I was just going to throw in the redesign towel and just copy the OEM design. And I still haven’t written this off.

As long as there are two switches to indicate each of full up and full down then TLS is already coded to support it.

#14918 5 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

For the pickier pinsiders, I've designed a drop in mod that drastically reduces the light bleed around cross inserts. Check them out. Thanks
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1087-wcp/00873-cross-pattern-light-blocking-insert-metallica-pinball
[quoted image]

Does anyone know if i can still get these cross 'insert liners' for a Premium?

I had them on my Pro, and would like to fit them on a Premium (i think it's a slightly different fit).

Messaged the seller damageinc55 but no reply in a few days and the shop link isn't working anymore...

They are/were brilliant - highly recommended.

#14919 5 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

I've tweaked my design for the mod on the cross insert for Premium/LE. Installation requires loosening of the subway, but I've tweaked it so you shouldn't have to remove it completely.
So for those that are bothered by the excess light surrounding the Crosses, here's your mod (https://goo.gl/3F7d31). Orders placed today should go out tomorrow, otherwise, the rest will go Monday.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Here's the post about the improved Premium-specific version:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/233#post-3975690

#14920 5 years ago

I had them on my Pro, and would like to fit them on a Premium (i think it's a slightly different fit).
Messaged the seller damageinc55 but no reply in a few days and the shop link isn't working anymore...

I would be in for a set too if you locate them. Thanks

#14921 5 years ago

I ordered this for my Pro on Ebay. Didn't hear anything for a few days then finally had to send a message. He apologized and refunded my money and was sending the inserts for free but never did. If you have better luck, post on here; it's an annoying look to see the cross light up like a square box.

"New message from: damageinc55 (455Turquoise Star)
Hey, I'm canceling the order and sending a refund for the late shipment. I'll still drop the item in the mail however, so this one is a freebie.

Have a good one."

#14922 5 years ago

Hey guys, sorry for disappearing on these. Work/School/Kids and a few other things have gotten in the way. I was finding myself unable to get them out in a timely manner.

1. Woody, please send my your mailing address again.
2. I'll have these up in the market section by the end of the week. I have a bunch made up, but want to pre-pack them so I don't run into issues getting them out on time.
3. If you have access to a 3d printer, let me know. Happy to send my files over.

#14923 5 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

3. If you have access to a 3d printer, let me know. Happy to send my files over.

PM'd for files Thanks!

#14924 5 years ago

Timebandit, i figure you are aware cause a few days ago you mentioned that the sound locations changed. But the spinners tied into the TLS mod dont make any sounds with the 1.80 code.

#14925 5 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Hey guys, sorry for disappearing on these. Work/School/Kids and a few other things have gotten in the way. I was finding myself unable to get them out in a timely manner.
2. I'll have these up in the market section by the end of the week. I have a bunch made up, but want to pre-pack them so I don't run into issues getting them out on time.

damageinc55 please send me a paypal ([email protected]) request/invoice; I'll pay for them. Not looking for freebies. Or send me the info, etc. in PM here on pinside. Thanks for the update and clarification.

#14926 5 years ago

So does the latest code make EOTL easier to reach?

Also, do you have to finish/exit all CIUs to get to EOTL, or just start them?

#14927 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I have a full set of guitar mods for sale. These were used for ashort period, andare in mint condition.
Cointaker sells each for $29.99.
https://cointaker.com/products/metallica-t-flaming-elk-guitar-mod
I'm selling all 4 for $80 USD.
Get in touch if interested.
[quoted image]

Anyone want this full set of 4 guitar mods for $70?

#14928 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So does the latest code make EOTL easier to reach?
Also, do you have to finish/exit all CIUs to get to EOTL, or just start them?

Yes. Less shots now to get to each CIU

You just need to play them. It’s in your best interest to complete them though because if you drain, that’s one less ball to have to get to EOTL

#14929 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Timebandit, i figure you are aware cause a few days ago you mentioned that the sound locations changed. But the spinners tied into the TLS mod dont make any sounds with the 1.80 code.

Yeah, working on it. It’s a bigger issue than just location changes as it turns out. Keep an eye on the TLS thread for updates.

#14930 5 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Pm'd for for files...Thanks!

#14931 5 years ago

Pmed for the files thank you very much

#14932 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You just need to play them. It’s in your best interest to complete them though because if you drain, that’s one less ball to have to get to EOTL

I'm a little confused as to the shots you need to make when in CIU. Is Metallica one of those games that is prone to LED ghosting? Is it a game that is worth putting an OCD in?

I think I played for whom the Bell tolls yesterday and I could not figure out what shots were needed. It looked like all of the shots were lit and after hitting all of them it did not give me an option to exit.

#14933 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm a little confused as to the shots you need to make when in CIU. Is Metallica one of those games that is prone to LED ghosting? Is it a game that is worth putting an OCD in?
I think I played for whom the Bell tolls yesterday and I could not figure out what shots were needed. It looked like all of the shots were lit and after hitting all of them it did not give me an option to exit.

You need to hit one of the drops, sparky, coffin and snake. Then the scoop lights for a collect. The more CIU shots you make before going to the collect scoop the bigger the collect will be. Combine that with the 2x fuel lane before collecting and watch the points roll in.

#14934 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You need to hit one of the drops...

Or, the cross itself if you enter CIU with all the drops down. They do not reset.

#14935 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yeah, working on it. It’s a bigger issue than just location changes as it turns out. Keep an eye on the TLS thread for updates.

Awesome. No pressure. Just didn’t know if you had access to met anymore and hadn’t seen it mentioned. Lemme know if I can help in any way.

#14936 5 years ago

I figure this has to be coincidence, but ever since I update my met to 1.80, my first drop target keeps dropping by itself. I have had this before and tweaked the mech a bit and it has been pretty much flawless for a couple years now. An occasional auto drop but not anything annoying. But now it’s almost every reset that it falls down.

Has to be conincidental but still annoying. I esp since the drops are more active in the new code.

Funny thing is that when in service position and in vertical position the damn thing seems to work flawlessly.

Maybe it’s possessed. Hehe

#14937 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I figure this has to be coincidence, but ever since I update my met to 1.80, my first drop target keeps dropping by itself. I have had this before and tweaked the mech a bit and it has been pretty much flawless for a couple years now. An occasional auto drop but not anything annoying. But now it’s almost every reset that it falls down.
Has to be conincidental but still annoying. I esp since the drops are more active in the new code.
Funny thing is that when in service position and in vertical position the damn thing seems to work flawlessly.
Maybe it’s possessed. Hehe

How do you fix this? My middle target barely stays up..

#14938 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

How do you fix this? My middle target barely stays up..

It'll happen more and more the older you get, I hear.....

#14939 5 years ago

After many years of ownership, I finally made it to EOTL. What a rush! Nearly doubled my previous high score. Also finished Enter Sandman for (maybe?) the first time. So many highlights to this game. Must have played 5 or 6 Grave Markers and 2 or 3 Sparky's. Stacked Coffin with Snake and Seek & Destroy. So much fun!

20181128_213208 (resized).jpg20181128_213208 (resized).jpg
#14940 5 years ago

New code has me dusting off my game, I'm rusty as hell, haven't been playing pinball much for a while now. Need to get my shit together so I can see some of the new stuff!

Also dusting off an in progress mod I teased years ago, see if I actually get it finished this time, heh. There's a gaping hole in my game where I removed the stock stuff to work on it, playing it again is motivating me.

#14941 5 years ago

Custom made me a game card

41A35EE6-E17E-4231-AE0E-479C6C7144C8 (resized).jpeg41A35EE6-E17E-4231-AE0E-479C6C7144C8 (resized).jpeg
#14942 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If Damien's objective is getting to EOTL, getting in and out of CIU's as fast as possible is the safest and fastest way. Trying to complete the mode or do well in the mode is risky.

@Damien, hit each of the four items to qualify "collect," and then collect at the scoop asap. Don't try to do well in the mode if all you want to do is get to EOTL. Also, don't start Seek n Destroy. Doing so clears all the inserts, making it more difficult to collect insert items.

#14943 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

New code has me dusting off my game, I'm rusty as hell, haven't been playing pinball much for a while now. Need to get my shit together so I can see some of the new stuff!
Also dusting off an in progress mod I teased years ago, see if I actually get it finished this time, heh. There's a gaping hole in my game where I removed the stock stuff to work on it, playing it again is motivating me.

Those holes are still there? Dude, two of my kids have finished high school since I saw that work.

#14944 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

If Damien's objective is getting to EOTL, getting in and out of CIU's as fast as possible is the safest and fastest way. Trying to complete the mode or do well in the mode is risky.
Damien, hit each of the four items to qualify "collect," and then collect at the scoop asap. Don't try to do well in the mode if all you want to do is get to EOTL. Also, don't start Seek n Destroy. Doing so clears all the inserts, making it more difficult to collect insert items.

To clarify, by complete I meant to get a collect and get out of the CIU mode to start working towards your next one.

#14945 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You should upgrade to the Aurich hammer!

#14946 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Could you refresh our minds on what mod this would be?

#14947 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Those holes are still there? Dude, two of my kids have finished high school since I saw that work.

I know it's really something lol. I've redesigned the electronics and interactions several times since then, it's just a perpetual project. I leave it for a while, and when I come back I have some new idea for how to do it. I've got some laser cut and etched parts coming in for the next proto, see if that's enough to get me to the finish line.

Quoted from yzfguy:

You should upgrade to the Aurich hammer!

Heh, still have #1 on my game!

Quoted from Koos:

Could you refresh our minds on what mod this would be?

I never actually announced it, because I didn't know when I'd finish it, and given that I started it before working on Alien it's a good thing, that's embarrassing. I was worried after all this time someone would do it, or something like it at least, but nope.

I'll say this: my original design used those little plasma discs that have gotten popular with some mods since then, I even see one on the Monster Bash remake, which is funny. I decided they were unreliable pieces of trash I didn't want to rely on and dropped them, glad I did that now, they're kinda played out.

#14948 5 years ago

I posted this in the Tech subforum about an issue I'm having with the snake's lower jaw:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-premium-snake-jaw-issue

If anyone can help or has some advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

#14949 5 years ago

Once I installed the new code on my Premium, the motor on the cross is constantly active. Have any of you seen this?

Other than that, the new code is a welcomed surprise!

#14950 5 years ago

Question: how many extra balls to you guys have your game set at?! Mine is at only 1 but I have never made it to EOTL yet.. thinkin I should leave it at the factory settings after I update the code..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/299?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.