C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 298 of 434.
#14851 5 years ago

Does Lady justice just keep going now if your hitting the ramps?

#14852 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I second this. I just bought some 2 months ago and so far so good.

UPDATE. The Barron balls I have magnetized. I am sure I bought the ones that were advertised would not magnetize as I had just seen a post where he bought the wrong balls. I will have to check the packaging again, but I fear the hunt for some quality pinballs continues...

#14853 5 years ago

Has anyone ever put a rubber or anything in that middle bar between the two left lanes? My ball hits that and dives left very quickly to where I can’t tap or anything (I’m a new player trying to get better).

#14854 5 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Has anyone ever put a rubber or anything in that middle bar between the two left lanes? My ball hits that and dives left very quickly to where I can’t tap or anything (I’m a new player trying to get better).

If you’re trying to get better don’t put a rubber there.

#14855 5 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

This is known in the hobby as the dreaded "Borg Hop" ...

#14856 5 years ago

Is it even possible to save the ball with a hard tap?

#14857 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This is known in the hobby as the dreaded "Borg Hop" ...

We like to call it "Getting Avatared".

#14858 5 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Is it even possible to save the ball with a hard tap?

yes

#14859 5 years ago

FYI got this one today..

8F292178-69FF-4A00-BC50-A15F0B504FED (resized).png8F292178-69FF-4A00-BC50-A15F0B504FED (resized).png
#14860 5 years ago

Anyone have the issue where the snake (once in awhile) doesn’t register the ball? Does anyone know the fix. Relatively new purchase

#14861 5 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Anyone have the issue where the snake (once in awhile) doesn’t register the ball? Does anyone know the fix. Relatively new purchase

I got that this evening. Have to wait a few secs for the ball search... seems to be when the game is extra busy.

#14862 5 years ago

I’m sure there has to be an easy fix for this to never happen though. I’ve seen people in the past saying they had to tighten some screws at the bottom of the play field and it resolved it for them. Mine were already tight

#14863 5 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I had this year's ago. Bent/adjusted the metal arm of the snake switch that detects the ball so that it's more likely to register the ball. Problem hasnt come back.

#14865 5 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I had this issue a while ago and the switch arm needed adjustment.

edit: I actually replaced the switch because it was bad.

Rob

#14866 5 years ago

I uploaded new code yesterday and got some phantom hammer hits. Not sure if related.

#14867 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I uploaded new code yesterday and got some phantom hammer hits. Not sure if related.

I don't think anything has changed in regards to the ball sense. I haven't had any phantom hits on my game.

Rob

#14868 5 years ago

Almost got to end of the line! Wow what an awesome game!

0C6459C5-D88C-42C1-8C5A-66B5BA87470C (resized).jpeg0C6459C5-D88C-42C1-8C5A-66B5BA87470C (resized).jpeg
#14869 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Almost got to end of the line! Wow what an awesome game!
[quoted image]

So i assume you like the code much better than before then?

#14870 5 years ago

My game is a little weird. Once in awhile it won’t eject the ball but other times I’ll hit the snake and it won’t light and snake icons on the play field or when they are lit, I’ll hit that illuminated shot and then hit the snake again and it won’t register a letter (SNAKE). Sometimes it does but sometimes it doesn’t. Do you happen to know what might fix this?

#14871 5 years ago

EOTL certainly seems easier.

IMG_20181122_201202 (resized).jpgIMG_20181122_201202 (resized).jpg
#14872 5 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

My game is a little weird. Once in awhile it won’t eject the ball but other times I’ll hit the snake and it won’t light and snake icons on the play field or when they are lit, I’ll hit that illuminated shot and then hit the snake again and it won’t register a letter (SNAKE). Sometimes it does but sometimes it doesn’t. Do you happen to know what might fix this?

This is a problem with the switch in the snake mouth. The switch may be triggering, but isn't staying closed so the game will still eject the ball without awarding a snake letter. I replaced the switch on my snake assembly (premium) a few months ago because of this.

Rob

#14873 5 years ago

I'm sure it exists somewhere in this massive thread, but what color have you guys used for Titan rubber? I played a ton of games today because of the new code and decided it's time for the first shop job. Post pics please.

#14874 5 years ago

I've plugged away at this game with the new software and have determined you guys are better than me lol. I still find the game somewhat difficult and haven't gotten past my 3rd CIU. Glad to see the game doesnt have an impossible wizard mode now.

#14875 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So i assume you like the code much better than before then?

That was my last game with the old code

#14876 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'm sure it exists somewhere in this massive thread, but what color have you guys used for Titan rubber? I played a ton of games today because of the new code and decided it's time for the first shop job. Post pics please.

I did orange throughout, looks great

#14877 5 years ago

My mystery scoop kicks the ball out; but doesn’t register to trigger CIU or a mystery award. Does anyone know how to fix this?

#14878 5 years ago

Love how the new code makes it easier to reach CIU. Too bad I always drain just as the ball save expires.

#14879 5 years ago

** How to Improve Inlane Ball Flow? **

My new'ish MET Pro needs some inlane flow.

The ball hits the brakes when it rolls from the stainless inlane ball guide to the flipper. No chance for a roll pass unless the ball is rifled perfectly into the inlane inlet somehow and carries *lots* of speed.

I'm using a pair of Superbands, although I've also tried Perfect Plays and they behave no differently in this regard. Flipper shaft is sitting dead center in the ball guide pocket. Plane of the guide is c. 2mm higher than the plane of the flipper rubber.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Inlane.and.flipper.cu (resized).jpgInlane.and.flipper.cu (resized).jpg
#14880 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** How to Improve Inlane Ball Flow? **
My new'ish MET Pro needs some inlane flow.
The ball hits the brakes when it rolls from the stainless inlane ball guide to the flipper. No chance for a roll pass unless the ball is rifled perfectly into the inlane inlet somehow and carries *lots* of speed.
I'm using a pair of Superbands, although I've also tried Perfect Plays and they behave no differently in this regard. Flipper shaft is sitting dead center in the ball guide pocket. Plane of the guide is c. 2mm higher than the plane of the flipper rubber.
Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks.
[quoted image]

Maybe it's because of the different flipper bats you have on the game. They could be thinner than the original. What if you put the original back on?

Rob

#14881 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe it's because of the different flipper bats you have on the game. They could be thinner than the original. What if you put the original back on?
Rob

Thanks for the keen eye, Rob. I'll give that a shot.

#14882 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Love how the new code makes it easier to reach CIU. Too bad I always drain just as the ball save expires.

Totally agree. Made it to my second last night, had a crazy game.

Also selling my well modded Pro and getting a low play Premium. The stars aligned for this one!

Took LED OCD out, forgot just how much that mod improves the lighting on MET Pro. Smooth as butter.

#14883 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

My mystery scoop kicks the ball out; but doesn’t register to trigger CIU or a mystery award. Does anyone know how to fix this?

This is a common problem with stern scoops from Tron to Met to Ghostbusters. You need to adjust the switch. The switch works, but it is not staying closed as the ball settles into the scoop. This ends up not registering the shot (probably some kind of denounce logic). Then the game detects the ball is in the scoop and fires the coil to clear.

It seems strange because the game knows the ball is there, but i am pretty confident a switch adjustment will fix this.

#14884 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I'm using a pair of Superbands,

Put reg rubber on. Problem solved.

Superbands and silicone have tack to them and causes the ball to grip to it.

Now if you play the game a ton and let those get dirty, that stickiness should go away too. But it takes a while.

#14885 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Now if you play the game a ton and let those get dirty, that stickiness should go away too. But it takes a while.

Agree with this entirely when I put new superbands on mine the added English you get from the flippers is remarkable.

#14886 5 years ago

Need some help. I am looking for a mod I have seen before but can’t find the store. It was a metal Metallica sign that connected to the post above the bumpers. Has anyone seen this before and know where I can find one?

#14887 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Need some help. I am looking for a mod I have seen before but can’t find the store. It was a metal Metallica sign that connected to the post above the bumpers. Has anyone seen this before and know where I can find one?

I think that was a repurposed belt buckle. Thanks, I had almost blocked that out of my memory

#14888 5 years ago

I assume he means this. Is indeed a belt buckle.

See ebay.com link: 0

5A9D790E-4B59-4645-919A-8C1EB55CC759 (resized).jpeg5A9D790E-4B59-4645-919A-8C1EB55CC759 (resized).jpeg
#14889 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I assume he means this. Is indeed a belt buckle.
See ebay.com link[quoted image]

This was it but I swear a couple of th typical mod stores had them. Just can’t seem to find it now.

#14890 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

This was it but I swear a couple of th typical mod stores had them. Just can’t seem to find it now.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p12/Metallica-Billboard-Pinball-Mod.html

#14891 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks, Erik, for your input. I'll give that a try.

#14892 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Amen to this! Even if it doesn’t fix his problem they suck and need to be off of there anyways! I would use rubber bands from the dollar store before i used superbands!

#14893 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I have an extra one if you want PM me

#14894 5 years ago

2nd End of the Line since the update. I've been playing it non stop for 2 days. I might dial back the extra balls. Has anyone cashed in the End of the Line? I missed it both games.

2018-11-24 15.38.03 (resized).jpg2018-11-24 15.38.03 (resized).jpg
#14895 5 years ago

Thank you, Lyman! I finally achieved End of the Line. What a freaking rush!!!

55FEA242-0D56-4C26-9DC1-9EFD5989706F (resized).jpeg55FEA242-0D56-4C26-9DC1-9EFD5989706F (resized).jpeg
#14896 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Amen to this! Even if it doesn’t fix his problem they suck and need to be off of there anyways! I would use rubber bands from the dollar store before i used superbands!

Truer words were never spoken. Superbands SUCK.

#14897 5 years ago

I'm waiting on an order of purple titans. If I dont like the way the feel I can get black rubber locally anyway. I did a bit of research first and "superbands suck" was a common theme in the threads.

#14898 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm waiting on an order of purple titans. If I dont like the way the feel I can get black rubber locally anyway. I did a bit of research first and "superbands suck" was a common theme in the threads.

Superbands are not the same as Titans. Some will probably disagree, but the difference from standard rubber to Superbands is enormous. I think the difference between Titans and standard is negligible.

#14899 5 years ago

I have a full set of guitar mods for sale. These were used for ashort period, andare in mint condition.

Cointaker sells each for $29.99.

https://cointaker.com/products/metallica-t-flaming-elk-guitar-mod

I'm selling all 4 for $80 USD.

Get in touch if interested.
IMG_20181125_010546 (resized).jpgIMG_20181125_010546 (resized).jpg

#14900 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I have a full set of guitar mods for sale. These were used for ashort period, andare in mint condition.
Cointaker sells each for $29.99.
https://cointaker.com/products/metallica-t-flaming-elk-guitar-mod
I'm selling all 4 for $80 USD.
Get in touch if interested.
[quoted image]

Wow these got expensive!
Breaks my heart you’re tearing apart the game!!
GLWS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.00
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 298 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/298 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.