IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 433.
#14701 5 years ago

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? There are a lot of transistors to pick from that all reference the same replacement part 22NE10L.

Which one of these should I use:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=22NE10L

#14702 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

How many LEDs are you possibly trying to put in the game?

Just a few comet matrix strips in the apron and backboard tied to red white and blue. So 9x 7smd strips. Too much?

#14703 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? There are a lot of transistors to pick from that all reference the same replacement part 22NE10L.

The IRL540 is fine. A bit steep at Marco.... You can get them for $1 or less in quantity.

#14704 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

The IRL540 is fine. A bit steep at Marco.... You can get them for $1 or less in quantity.

IRL540 or IRL540N?

#14705 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

IRL540 or IRL540N?

I don’t think it matters for this application.

P.S. Don’t buy any transistors from China sources....

#14707 5 years ago

I have the Mezel cemetery mod for sale if anyone is interested:

https://mezelmods.com/products/cemetery

Also have a 4 guitar mod set:

https://cointaker.com/products/metallica-t-flaming-elk-guitar-mod

This only shows 3 of them. I can provide photos if interested.

Get in touch if you want either or both of these mods. We can work out a deal.

#14708 5 years ago

I had had my best game on Metallica!

I had Seek and Destroy, Fuel, Lady Justice, Coffin Multiball and Tomb Multiball all stacked at one point. I set a new Lady Justice high score of over 41 million and over 50 million on S&D. End score was 474 million with 3 CIU completed and also hit Blackened mode. I missed a nice 50+ million payout on my first CIU, but that's just how it goes sometimes. Probably half of my points were from the mode stacking... I've never stacked so many things together in my Metallica (Premium) before.

Rob

#14709 5 years ago

Ok, last thing I need before putting my Pinball Life order in.

Does anyone know what size these two screws are that go into the back of the snake assembly?

They are longer screws with a locking washer. Manual doesn't seem to specify this screw.

Anyone?

MET Screw (resized).pngMET Screw (resized).png
#14710 5 years ago

I purchased a core plug for my metallica with the part number 530-5320-00 and when i got it , it looked very much like the ones in my tz. Comparing my tz core it was identical.

My question is, Will this fit my met or Spiderman? It seems longer because i had these proper core to compare it to.

#14711 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I purchased a core plug for my metallica with the part number 530-5320-00 and when i got it , it looked very much like the ones in my tz. Comparing my tz core it was identical.
My question is, Will this fit my met or Spiderman? It seems longer because i had the proper core to compare it to. I didn't know i had previously purchased the correct replacement

#14712 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I have the Mezel cemetery mod for sale if anyone is interested:
https://mezelmods.com/products/cemetery
Also have a 4 guitar mod set:
https://cointaker.com/products/metallica-t-flaming-elk-guitar-mod
This only shows 3 of them. I can provide photos if interested.
Get in touch if you want either or both of these mods. We can work out a deal.

Pmd

#14713 5 years ago

Hi Everyone,

My MET Insert Mod is back in stock. You can see it here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/00828-stern-metallica-pro-led-insert-mod-

Thanks!
MET Mod (resized).jpgMET Mod (resized).jpg

#14714 5 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

Hi Everyone,
My MET Insert Mod is back in stock. You can see it here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/00828-stern-metallica-pro-led-insert-mod-
Thanks!
[quoted image]

I have the cross as blue on my premium because it syncs with the blue RGB. I also changed the cross flashers (not the cross itself) to blue. I made the chair purple as well as the 2 flashers under the chair.

Rob

#14715 5 years ago

Been rocking a NIB MET Prem for almost 2 weeks now.. love it. 2 Questions

1. I have a hum/buzz sound when hammer lock is active.. Is this normal? Still can't tell if its intended or not/coming from speakers or the mag board.

2. Snake Jaw.. mine seems a little high and I get a lot of bounce outs.. and captured spit outs tend to hit the FUEL target or left drain lane areas.. I see two schools of thought for the jaw height.. the Washer Method and a #8 screw adjustment...

Looking for some further input..

#14716 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have the cross as blue on my premium because it syncs with the blue RGB. I also changed the cross flashers (not the cross itself) to blue. I made the chair purple as well as the 2 flashers under the chair.
Rob

Hank can do custom colours. He did mine custom to how I set my machine and it was fantastic.

Definitely a thumbs up from me for his work!!

#14717 5 years ago

Does someone have the rubbers list please?
I'm looking to make a titan order and want to make sure I get the right ones.
Thanks
Pro model

#14718 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Does someone have the rubbers list please?
I'm looking to make a titan order and want to make sure I get the right ones.
Thanks
Pro model

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/3084

#14719 5 years ago

Is it normal for SAM games like MET to have a rather loud buzz or humming noise from the flipper coils? I checked the EOS switches and they seem to be working fine.

#14720 5 years ago
Quoted from drained:

1. I have a hum/buzz sound when hammer lock is active.. Is this normal? Still can't tell if its intended or not/coming from speakers or the mag board.
2. Snake Jaw.. mine seems a little high and I get a lot of bounce outs.. and captured spit outs tend to hit the FUEL target or left drain lane areas.. I see two schools of thought for the jaw height.. the Washer Method and a #8 screw adjustment...

1: Normal

2: I used washers. I know some swear by adjusting the screw, but that doesn't appear like it was ever designed as a jaw height adjustment, but rather adjusting the catch mechanism. I glued the washers in place on the mechanisms which made reassembly much easier.

Rob

#14721 5 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

Is it normal for SAM games like MET to have a rather loud buzz or humming noise from the flipper coils? I checked the EOS switches and they seem to be working fine.

Yup

#14722 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I did the same with the flashers. I also changed the electric chair insert flasher in front of Sparky to purple. I plan on changing the Snake flasher to green this week.

#14723 5 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

Yes. You can put a bit of paper towel between the coil and the coil stop and sometimes that will lessen the buzz. But you can never really get rid of it. Just turn up the music!

#14724 5 years ago

when playing Metallica Pro there are some blinding playfield lights you can’t help but stare at.... Would anyone know what bulbs I can replace those with to tone them down? Or go with a different color than the blinding white ones? Brock

#14725 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

when playing Metallica Pro there are some blinding playfield lights you can’t help but stare at.... Would anyone know what bulbs I can replace those with to tone them down? Or go with a different color than the blinding white ones? Brock

The ones behind the cross are ridiculous. First week, I cut a piece of plexi to fit in front of them, and put blue gel film on it. This way, the blue is dimmer shining at you, but ya still see bright white shining up thru the plastic.

#14726 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Cut a piece to the shape needed from a plastic milk jug, it will make a big difference.

#14727 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Just a few comet matrix strips in the apron and backboard tied to red white and blue. So 9x 7smd strips. Too much?

It’s not to much if it’s what you like. That’s all that matters. I don’t know the answer to your question, but I don’t think you will overload anything with those LEDs.

#14728 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

With this you can use whatever LED color you want:

https://goo.gl/FbZsZJ

Auction is for US sales. Contact me with your address for international.

#14729 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

With this you can use whatever LED color you want:
https://goo.gl/FbZsZJ
Auction is for US sales. Contact me with your address for international.

I have a Premium and I just replaced the LED board with ones from cointaker. The cointaker ones are brighter than stock so they light up the inserts better too.

Rob

#14730 5 years ago

Just joined this club with a very lightly HUO MET Pro. Ive wanted this game for a long time. Don't know why I waited so long. What mods, if any, do you all suggest first?

IMG_7800 (resized).JPGIMG_7800 (resized).JPG
#14731 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Just joined this club with a very lightly HUO MET Pro. Ive wanted this game for a long time. Don't know why I waited so long. What mods, if any, do you all suggest first?
[quoted image]

Congrats. Powered sub with the little Pinnovators sub board. You'll ROCK the house.

#14732 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

[quoted image]

Pinnovators board for subwoofer, color dmd, making the frog a proper snake.

#14733 5 years ago
Quoted from drained:

Also look carefully as the ball ejects. See if it is grazing the right hand mini post. Mine was hitting it sending the ball towards the fuel or outlanes

#14734 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Sorry I was a little late to the discussion. Next time, save some money and get ten from GPE for $12.60. Plus he is extremely fair on shipping.

As long as you're in this hobby, you will eventually need more transistors and you'll already have them!

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/search.asp Search for irl540

#14735 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

What mods, if any, do you all suggest first?

The iridescent green/orange plastic protectors look great and protect the sling and inlane plastics. Get the ones with the holes, so the plastics remain the original color.

Not sure who sells those.

#14736 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The iridescent green/orange plastic protectors look great and protect the sling and inlane plastics. Get the ones with the holes, so the plastics remain the original color.
Not sure who sells those.

The only reason I don't have these in mine is I don't like them changing the colour of the plastics art.. I would love to know where to find some of these.

#14737 5 years ago

Or those spiderwed ones that are never around anymore

#14738 5 years ago

Question.
I know no more about pinbrowser than the fact that it exists. I am not good with computers.....at all.
That being said I'd love to finally swap some songs out without affecting gameplay (so Sandman stays)
How do I even begin to go about this?
I'd like to remove he following songs
-One 7:28
-Sad But True 5:26
-Unforgiven 6:20
And replace them with the following songs
-Whiplash 4:10
-Four Horsemen 7:14
-Hit the Lights 4:18
(how did this not make it in the game? What is the most common objective in pinball? Hit...the...lights)
Anyway, that being said I've also heard the songs need to be similar length.
Tips? Advise? Willingness to come to my house to do it for me? Lol.
Again, I have no idea where to even begin. Thanks

#14739 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Sorry I was a little late to the discussion. Next time, save some money and get ten from GPE for $12.60. Plus he is extremely fair on shipping.
As long as you're in this hobby, you will eventually need more transistors and you'll already have them!
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/search.asp Search for irl540

Cheers!

Going to order a bunch tonight to have on the ready if this issue ever comes up again.

Really sucks to have just picked up my METLE and it's out of order on the third day!

Patience...........

#14740 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Pinnovators board for subwoofer, color dmd, making the frog a proper snake.

The tongue decal is a nice touch on the snake too.

Airball protector for above Sparky's feet is a must.

Rob

#14741 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I did the same with the flashers. I also changed the electric chair insert flasher in front of Sparky to purple. I plan on changing the Snake flasher to green this week.

I did that as well. I'm not one for color bombing my games, but sometimes plain white flashers are boring.

Rob

#14742 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Question.
I know no more about pinbrowser than the fact that it exists. I am not good with computers.....at all.
That being said I'd love to finally swap some songs out without affecting gameplay (so Sandman stays)
How do I even begin to go about this?
I'd like to remove he following songs
-One 7:28
-Sad But True 5:26
-Unforgiven 6:20
And replace them with the following songs
-Whiplash 4:10
-Four Horsemen 7:14
-Hit the Lights 4:18
(how did this not make it in the game? What is the most common objective in pinball? Hit...the...lights)
Anyway, that being said I've also heard the songs need to be similar length.
Tips? Advise? Willingness to come to my house to do it for me? Lol.
Again, I have no idea where to even begin. Thanks

I'd also like to know more about this.

#14743 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

I put those flex flashers in behind the cross.... Like this https://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=8SMDFLEXFLASH

#14744 5 years ago

I did a bit more research on the pin browser process.
I feel I am too computer illiterate to do this with any confidence.
Anyone here live near Hamilton, ON. and have experience with this? FREE PIZZA AND BEER if someone can do this for me lol.

I've figured out my preferred swaps based on songs I like vs matching track time.
I'd like to..
-remove One 7:24 (1066) and replace it with Hit the Lights and Motorbreath (7:25)
-remove Unforgiven 6:26 (1494)and replace it with No Remorse 6:27
-(if possible without sound issues) remove Sad But True 5:23 (1281) and replace it with Moth into Flame 5:52 (if it wouldn't work out well ecause of the variance in track length I would just leave SBT alone for now)

I'd also like to ditch Fade to Black and Enter Sandman as well but they are crank it up modes so they stay. I've considered cutting Sandman as I never play that c.i.u.
I can only get 2 c.i.u. per game so far and i go Ftb and fwtbt.
Thanks again for any help or advice. Cheers

#14745 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I did a bit more research on the pin browser process.
I feel I am too computer illiterate to do this with any confidence.

I did this for a friend and changed out a few songs. The things i ran into are making sure the song is about the same length. So I had to edit my songs in Adobe Audition. Also, you need to make sure they are the same quality. First one I did was very tinny sounding. Im sure you've seen this thread right?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images
You will also need to make sure you change the title of the songs too. Otherwise it will be labeled the old song on the display

#14746 5 years ago

I show 'hit the lights' as 4:18 and 'motorbreath' as 3:08 which total to 7:24. 'one' is 7:25, so no problems there
'no remorse' is 6:26 and 'unforgiven' as 7:27, so again no issues

you can go longer to shorter, you just have [dead] space at the end, and 1 second won't even be noticeable

with 'moth into flame', you're going to have to truncate it or by working some magic in audacity, cut out a section (or sections) of the song equating to a total of 25 seconds so that it's still seamless but has a running time of of sad but true's 5:25

* times given are from my actual cd rips. the times in the game rom may be slightly different and match what you've listed (I don't have pinball browser with me or the metallica rom to check right now)

#14747 5 years ago

I have yet to set high scores on seek and destroy, blackened and of course end of the line.
I believe blackened is collecting all the band member picks, correct me if I'm wrong.
How do I go for seek and destroy?
Thanks

#14748 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I have yet to set high scores on seek and destroy, blackened and of course end of the line.
I believe blackened is collecting all the band member picks, correct me if I'm wrong.
How do I go for seek and destroy?
Thanks

Light the spider lights, they will blink, hit the snake, Sparky, and graveyard for each one. Complete it by lighting the hurry up coffin and hit the coffin to lock that row in. Do this for all rows/spiders and you’ll enter seek and destroy. Hit the lighted “seek” and “destroy” it by then hitting the coffin. Repeat for all blinking rows.

I have a question, what’s the four horseman mode? My wife got into it and I wasn’t sure what to do. Cool graphics though.

#14749 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I have a question, what’s the four horseman mode? My wife got into it and I wasn’t sure what to do. Cool graphics though.

I've gotten that animation once. Pretty sure its Blackened

#14750 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I've gotten that animation once. Pretty sure its Blackened

Ah. That makes sense. I have read that Blackened was meant to be The Four Horseman.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 29.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/295 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.